As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I love Neco she is the most beautiful and best at everything [chat]

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

That's like a 10 year span of top club hits, not super surprising.

Also everyone knows Regulators.

Not well enough to know that it's Regulate, apparently.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Thursday, I ordered my favorite pizza but forgot to tell them to remove the jalapenos.

This morning, my body is letting me know how unwise a decision that was.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    I love Neco she is the most beautiful and best at everything
    Athenor wrote: »
    Thursday, I ordered my favorite pizza but forgot to tell them to remove the jalapenos.

Live by the pepper, poop by the pepper.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    We regulate any stealin’ of this property
    And we damn good, too
    But you can’t be any geek off the streets
    You gotta be handy with the steel, if you know what I mean
    Earn your keep

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options

There is an Indian pizza place by us that has one on the menu called Jalapeno Balepeno. "Base: Tikka Masala | Toppings: Mozzarella, Giardiniera, and Tons of Jalapenos! | Sauce: Moti Sauce"

The next day is all about Regret, but it is absolutely worth it while eating it.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »

There is an Indian pizza place by us that has one on the menu called Jalapeno Balepeno. "Base: Tikka Masala | Toppings: Mozzarella, Giardiniera, and Tons of Jalapenos! | Sauce: Moti Sauce"

The next day is all about Regret, but it is absolutely worth it while eating it.

I would like to subscribe to this newsletter.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

Live by the pepper, die by the pooper.

• Options

I would like to subscribe to this newsletter.

https://www.masalapizzacompany.com/

They've been growing surprisingly quickly in the Chicagoland area. From 1 location to 8 in the near future in maybe a year or so? Their M.O. seems to be franchising with folks who already own a pizza place, having them offer Masala Pizza's menu like it's a second, separate pizza joint. My wife (who is Indian) and I (who am not) both love their pizzas, and they've also been a big hit with friends the couple of times we've ordered from them for gatherings.

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »

Live by the pepper, die by the pooper.

Scruffy TAG gonna die the way Scruffy TAG lived.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

That's like a 10 year span of top club hits, not super surprising.

Also everyone knows Regulators.

It's called Regulate you fake gamer girl

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Sister in law 2 today linked us to the resort in Jamaica she stayed at last time she went.

Literally 2x the price we want to spend. *facepalm* I really hope this doesn't become an issue.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Me clocking in at 130 so I’ll be done by the time my annoying boss shows up

We call this a pro gamer move

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    We started watching the US Married at First Sight. One of the hosts is named Pepper Schwartz.

Literally black pepper.

Oh and she’s a doctor of sociology.

Dr. Pepper Schwartz.

Give me a break

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Christ, I just ran into my first batch of "woody chicken breast".

And discovered this has been an emerging problem in poultry since like 2016? I'm scared: I think this is the end of chicken for me. Or at least, I'm going to be substantially increasing my purchase to organically farmed whatever to try and avoid it because that ruined an entire meal for me. I've never encountered this before.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

And discovered this has been an emerging problem in poultry since like 2016? I'm scared: I think this is the end of chicken for me. Or at least, I'm going to be substantially increasing my purchase to organically farmed whatever to try and avoid it because that ruined an entire meal for me. I've never encountered this before.

That sounds horrendous. I want to know more and also I want to know nothing further

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

That sounds horrendous. I want to know more and also I want to know nothing further

So apparently this started to be a recognized issue in the US poultry industry in 2016, and I guess depending on region and shopping habits is a huge problem affecting up to 10% of chickens. Some people encounter it a whole bunch, others seemingly never.

Store identifier is "overly large chicken breasts", so I think I've avoided it till now since our purchasing habits were "4 breasts in a 1kg tray" but since the online shopping we particularly noticed that the ones we got for this meal were surprisingly large.

Rumor is now that it's an increasing problem in the UK (so I guess buckle up if US poultry gets imported thanks to Brexit), and I'm just plain worried Australia's poultry industry is on the same downward spiral now.

Seems related to super-rapid growth broiler chickens, and "buying organic" helps not at all because those things are just selectively bread freaks of nature.

This may have ruined chicken for me on multiple levels.

https://zootecnicainternational.com/featured/understanding-the-woody-breast-syndrome-and-other-myopathies-in-modern-broiler-chickens/

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, I got it bad. 99.9% sure it's love and that she loves me just as much back.

• Options

So apparently this started to be a recognized issue in the US poultry industry in 2016, and I guess depending on region and shopping habits is a huge problem affecting up to 10% of chickens. Some people encounter it a whole bunch, others seemingly never.

Store identifier is "overly large chicken breasts", so I think I've avoided it till now since our purchasing habits were "4 breasts in a 1kg tray" but since the online shopping we particularly noticed that the ones we got for this meal were surprisingly large.

Rumor is now that it's an increasing problem in the UK (so I guess buckle up if US poultry gets imported thanks to Brexit), and I'm just plain worried Australia's poultry industry is on the same downward spiral now.

Seems related to super-rapid growth broiler chickens, and "buying organic" helps not at all because those things are just selectively bread freaks of nature.

https://zootecnicainternational.com/featured/understanding-the-woody-breast-syndrome-and-other-myopathies-in-modern-broiler-chickens/

I've purchased woody chicken once. Once, in 44 years in the US on this planet. It was off-putting and unpleasant as hell, but it has only happened once in the big ol' plethora of times that I have purchased chicken at the grocery store. I'd prefer to avoid doing so again, but getting paranoid about future chicken purchases as a result is just...

• Options

I've purchased woody chicken once. Once, in 44 years in the US on this planet. It was off-putting and unpleasant as hell, but it has only happened once in the big ol' plethora of times that I have purchased chicken at the grocery store. I'd prefer to avoid doing so again, but getting paranoid about future chicken purchases as a result is just...

See, intellectually I know this may never happen again. But then it's like, isn't this a problem caused by exactly what moral vegetarians are telling me about? Do I even need chicken?

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Am I the only one who prefers boiled hot dogs over grilled?

Boiling (or at the very least simmering in a pan) is the way and the light for hotdogs, grilling is for brats

though tbh if I'm eating a hotdog it's because I'm drunk and three of them just came out of the microwave at 3am

I'd rather do the middle/high school science class "cook a hot dog with electricity" deal than go back to boiling them.

On a grill/bbq over charcoal is the Platonic ideal. The George Foreman grill is the second best option for hot dogs at home.

This is frankly an impressive level of being incorrect and I salute you for it.

• Options

See, intellectually I know this may never happen again. But then it's like, isn't this a problem caused by exactly what moral vegetarians are telling me about? Do I even need chicken?

Fair. At the same time, I have found that vegetarian meals just don't satiate me the same way that meals including meat do. For the most part, I have to consume far more calories if I'm trying to go veg than I do if I'm including meat. And if I'm going to include meat, chicken seems to be amongst the best ways of doing so. So cutting out chicken seems far too unlikely for me. But kudos to those that can. It's probably for the best.

• Options

Well now I feel extra smug about buying higher welfare meats

• Options

I don't know what "Xennial" is but I swear to any god that will listen that if we've made the fantastically stupid generation bullshit even fucking dumber I will

I will just be mad and/or disappointed in us all

But only because murdering the entire human race is wrong

• Options

Boiling (or at the very least simmering in a pan) is the way and the light for hotdogs, grilling is for brats

though tbh if I'm eating a hotdog it's because I'm drunk and three of them just came out of the microwave at 3am

I'd rather do the middle/high school science class "cook a hot dog with electricity" deal than go back to boiling them.

On a grill/bbq over charcoal is the Platonic ideal. The George Foreman grill is the second best option for hot dogs at home.

It's been a while, but I may never sing to your benefit in Rock Band again you sonuva... :P

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I'm suddenly extremely glad that we stopped buying chicken breast some time ago

The beginning of our transition to "almost entirely vegetarian" was deciding that beef mince and chicken breasts were functionally basically filler in any meal we prepared with them and to stop doing that

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    so Troubleshooter has 5 difficulties you can choose from, which modify enemy density and generally their level of stats, from easy to cruel

you can also enable challenge mode, where the enemies are automatically adjusted upwards to your level if you overlevel a mission and they are also given additional masteries for the extra levels they now have (masteries are skills and passives, the closest analogue is probably Path of Exile nodes? where individually a mastery might not have a huge effect but there are mastery sets which can enhance the masteries in said set or add additional efffects/stats, and some of them synergize with each other since they have common masteries and buff the same things). the extra stats and masteries can make enemies much nastier.

playing on Cruel/Challenge has made me say "fuck off" out loud more than once but it is satisfying to pull a victory out of your ass even though half your team has been ko'd

Orphane on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I define my nephews generation as a Coronial.

• Options
    Also, really now, W.T.F. ?!

What could possibly be the rationale for favoring boiled hot dogs over those that have incurred some extra flavor while being grilled?

Boiled hot dogs are ass. Asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    HappylilElf it’s just a cross between Gen X and Millennial

i.e senior Millenials. People who were in high school in the late 90s.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I don’t know about woody chicken but the recent news here has been the chicken industry is diabolical in its neglect. Some examples like chickens getting necks broken in transport and handling, blunt decapitation machines, scalding live chickens with boiling water and live dismemberment due to faulty equipment etc.

Seems very evil

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »

Read this as people who were high in the late 90s. Respect.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Welfare meats?

Smdh meats can work like the rest of us

• Options

It's been a while, but I may never sing to your benefit in Rock Band again you sonuva... :P

You haven't since we made bloodstone like two years ago because the final week was over Christmas :P

(...I think?)

But no for real there are optimistically like three people who even bother to participate anymore. None of them do vocals or drums which means a stupid amount of grinding to make up for the lack of spotlight score.

I've managed to drag us to at least Diamond for almost every season ( so if you haven't logged in for awhile you probably have a bunch of freebies waiting for you) but frankly I'm running out of functional guitars.

I've kinda resigned myself to "This is going to just end because Harmonix either can't or won't address the instrument issue."

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    Welfare meats?

I only eat work-horses that died of natural causes

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »

So then, yes, it's just another addition to the bullshit that is the concept of generations.

I don't even necessarily disagree with the definition because I fall within it and being called a millennial was insulting because it turns out the entire point of generational labels in the modern age is to insult/shit on vast swaths of people who suck because reasons except said reasons aren't actually anything resembling universally applicable to everyone in that giant swath of people but fuck you they suck and it's their fault.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Xennials are people born in 75-85ish

typically described as people who had an analog childhood and a digital teenagehood-ish

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Welfare meats?

I only eat work-horses that died of natural causes

only free range hobby horses for me

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i can't believe i gotta wake up at 5:00am on a Saturday to you needs arguing about hot dogs

• Options
    Xennials are people born in 75-85ish

typically described as people who had an analog childhood and a digital teenagehood-ish

it's a stupid label made by someone who was
    born in 1984 but didn't want to be called a Millennial but also didn't want to sound old

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    i can't believe i gotta wake up at 5:00am on a Saturday to you needs arguing about hot dogs

Srs bsns is a 24/7 industry.

This discussion has been closed.