As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Top Secret Invitational

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I would like to know what happened to the passcode I gave to mamawolf at least

discrider on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    ES Says n the first line that its time to end it. As far as I'm concerned that's the end of the game right there and everyone is free to talk.

Mamawolf, Austin, SLyM, and maybe H3K are my guesses for mafia.

Incorrect sir!

On my part at least.

I was a Swiss Agent.

edited October 2021
    38thDoe wrote: »
    @discrider WHICH NUMBERBLOCK ARE YOU
    discrider wrote: »
    Lucedes was the 7th to sign up, and is thus clearly 007!

And now I'm 0015

Hush hush.

discrider on
    But seriously, who has a response to my passphrase. I found literally no one.

"Carry your umbrella, it will snow in Amsterdam..."

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    There seems to be two different mafia factions, one networked and one not networked. kime and mamawolf being in the not networked one ~

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    But seriously, who has a response to my passphrase. I found literally no one.

"Carry your umbrella, it will snow in Amsterdam..."

I tried to give this to mamawolf to verify but the host may never have got back to her.

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    I say we open up. I don't feel it's fair that only some of us got to get up to shenanigans without everyone knowing what those shenanigans were.

I was a Chinese double agent posing (and originally masoned) as a European, whose win condition was to survive the game with my ex (Locus) and also connect with my fellow Sino-agents. Also, I had a guard power, which I was mainly using on Locus for now. Earlier today, I connected with MrPaku, who knew our secret passphrase (though he did claim the version he had was slightly different than mine, but close enough, so who knows?)

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    He said one of the nouns was off in the code.
    Like it was a synonym?

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    hmm. Thought 15 was one of the David Bowie eye ones.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I was a free agent, maybe the only one? I think there was some confusion, because I was supposed to be looking for all the different groups, and when I "accent seered" austin I got nothing. I was about to maybe join the mafia, but its always weird when you are choosing to convert because its kind of counter to your original win condition? Although I didn't get any points for eliminating all hot agents, so maybe I misread my own wincon?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Like it was a synonym?

correct, buy he knew the response phrase exactly, and knew my true nationality

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    38thDoe wrote: »
    hmm. Thought 15 was one of the David Bowie eye ones.

That's 50

I was a Swiss agent, and "neutral" but my wincon was still to kill hot agents.

I could poison people, but it took 2 nights of poison to kill someone. Poison couldn't be removed, and they wouldn't know they were poisoned.

My passphrase had a response to it, and if I got the right response back, "you know they are a hot agent[color] with the capacity to kill other agents."

Like it was a synonym?

correct, buy he knew the response phrase exactly, and knew my true nationality

I told him it was possibly a test to check him :P

I was part of the networked mafia hot agents team CRIMES, with Locus, Munkus, blahmcblah, H3 (who was about to swap out for a replacement), and we were given an option to try to recruit Brody.
    Win cons were to survive and outnumber and have black box in hand on the last day.

I didn't have any personal objective other than to have fun, and keep it a secret that I was to have fun until end of game ...

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Chinese Agent here, tasked with finding our deep cover Agent in the Wild (which I didn't fully understand until fairly late yesterday). And damn shame this game had to end; can't remember the last time I was doing this much behind the scenes work!

Also sad/glad that I never got to pull the trigger on my secret win condition, "find out and fuck over someone else's secret win condition" :D

edited October 2021
    .. that is a lot of Mafia
    But it does explain the :59 give disc the beeping box.

Sort of.
    Did you guys know kime was mafia?

discrider on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    There seems to be two different mafia factions, one networked and one not networked. kime and mamawolf being in the not networked one ~

I was not networked. Once I started getting bandwagon'd, I figured I might as well just go all out and then I could connect any other unnetworked mafia.

I gave some people my passcode in PMs, and then actually just said my passcode in the thread too, and for all my effort I got no responses. So.... I'm not quite sure what to have done there :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    fem fatale - had a code phrase to identify folks (4) who were willing to protect me - no nation

I could convert one person to have the new goal of keeping me alive at all costs - bonus points if I converted a hot agent but I just converted 3clipse day one based on how voting went down - thought they'd live for awhile

PSN SeGaTai
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Chinese Agent here, tasked with finding our deep cover Agent in the Wild (which I didn't fully understand until fairly late yesterday). And damn shame this game had to end; can't remember the last time I was doing this much behind the scenes work!

Also sad/glad that I never got to pull the trigger on my secret win condition, "find out and fuck over someone else's secret win condition" :D

Oh, you too?
    I was part of the networked mafia hot agents team CRIMES, with Locus, Munkus, blahmcblah, H3 (who was about to swap out for a replacement), and we were given an option to try to recruit Brody.
    Win cons were to survive and outnumber and have black box in hand on the last day.

I didn't have any personal objective other than to have fun, and keep it a secret that I was to have fun until end of game ...

Hah! Thought so!

E: About Locus, not about you.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

Sort of.

We knew mamawolf was, so munkus reached out to her pretending to be neutral and said he seered her
    But we didn't know about kime

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I was a retiring agent, unmasoned, cool, with the ability to convert one player to a cool agent and give them the secondary win condition to keep me alive to the last day. My secondary win conditions were to survive to the last day, convert a hot agent, and keep voting the same person until they died.

Mamawolf told me one of her secondary objectives was to keep me alive, so I can only assume someone else wanted me dead.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Sort of.

We knew mamawolf was, so munkus reached out to her pretending to be neutral and said he seered her

Did y'all not have my code phrase....?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    kime wrote: »

Sort of.

Did y'all not have my code phrase....?

none of us had any code phrases, I think you were intended to be a separate competing faction

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Neutral, had 3 objectives - PM with everyone, say 'groovy' and 'shaggadelic' every day, and survive until the last day.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »
    Neutral, had 3 objectives - PM with everyone, say 'groovy' and 'shaggadelic' every day, and survive until the last day.

Did you have to get a response? My "ruin an objective," points were dependent on ghosting you.

It was a weirdly difficult one, I thought.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    So yeah I was a Hot Agent but had no idea of any other Hot Agents.

I had a *one time* ability to shoot someone in which case I used on Justicforpluto to gain Alliance with Locus.

My objectives were survive till the end, change my vote to another player one time every day, and make sure my old flame SLyM survived.

I also had an ability that if someone gave me any code I wouldn't have a response, but I would get to know their alligience.

I jumped the gun too soon and shared I was Hot when I should've attempted to just play the quiet game. I like to talk too much.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I was the Information Broker aka The Seer. I had to have someone give me THE BOX. Give it, give it
    I seered munkus night 1

I also had to keep Gizzy alive.

Which I was doing very well by not guarding her at all

MamaWolf wrote: »
    So yeah I was a Hot Agent but had no idea of any other Hot Agents.

I had a *one time* ability to shoot someone in which case I used on Justicforpluto to gain Alliance with Locus.

My objectives were survive till the end, change my vote to another player one time every day, and make sure my old flame SLyM survived.

I also had an ability that if someone gave me any code I wouldn't have a response, but I would get to know their alligience.

I jumped the gun too soon and shared I was Hot when I should've attempted to just play the quiet game. I like to talk too much.

What.

@AustinP0027 she didn't have a response to your code

Huh. Maybe my code was a dud then?

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Oh and I would also get any codes that someone had when I seered them

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    I was a Russian deep cover agent undercover with the Americans. I had a passphrase that the Russians could recognize me with, but the only person who knew it was Disc, the American deep cover agent undercover with the Russians. So that was fun. Not sure how that was supposed to play out.

I had a guard, and had to keep Infidel alive. Guarded him N1 and look at that, mafia double tapped him and he died anyway. Pretty damn lame imo. Guard Infidel, yeah right!

Between that and the passphrase stuff I was feeling a little setup to fail, but still, loved the obvious complexity of the game. Would have liked to see it play out.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I've had to cancel phallas after the first day or two, it never feels good even though you know it's the right decision for what's going on in your life. Best of luck, Serps.

liEt3nH.png
    JPants wrote: »
    I was a Russian deep cover agent undercover with the Americans. I had a passphrase that the Russians could recognize me with, but the only person who knew it was Disc, the American deep cover agent undercover with the Russians. So that was fun. Not sure how that was supposed to play out.

I had a guard, and had to keep Infidel alive. Guarded him N1 and look at that, mafia double tapped him and he died anyway. Pretty damn lame imo. Guard Infidel, yeah right!

Between that and the passphrase stuff I was feeling a little setup to fail, but still, loved the obvious complexity of the game. Would have liked to see it play out.

I assume someone had a Russian passcode and you received the wrong one in your PM

@Bucketman @Auralynx @Xaquin
    What did Jpants have to say to get a vodka in here?

Here's team CRIMES discord: https://discord.gg/VDht5rc5

edited October 2021
    Like @Bucketman @Xaquin
    Endless should have sent you two PMs, one that was the Russian group chat, and a second PM to just you with your personal objectives.
    Presumably there is a Russian passcode in those somewhere

(This is a very complex game to have been dropped into as a first phalla. Usually you get one PM saying 'you are good, kill bad' or 'you are bad, here are your buddies, kill good'

discrider on
    @Gizzy No agent Orange?
    Boooooooo