As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [BAD FOOD] thread: wherein we enter cheesy chicken chachos thousand island pizza hell

Lost SalientLost Salient blink twiceif you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
edited November 18 in Social Entropy++
Instagram a few months ago wouldn't stop showing me ads for FOOD CRAYONS, folks.

You know what everyone would prefer to slicing and putting real basil on their caprese?

A BASIL CRAYON:

0H6twfsh.png

RUVCwyu.jpg
"Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
Lost Salient on
E.CoyoteSlacker71BucketmanTynnanasofyeunThegreatcowXaquinJedocsponodurandal4532SporkAndrewwebguy20knitdantynicVeldrinTonkkaSorceMichaelLCCommander ZoomTofystedethAndy JoesarukunMechMantisDisruptedCapitalistironsizideStiltsSolventAim

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Sandra how do you pronounce crayon

I'm from the part of the US where I say cran basically

Captain InertiaShorty
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Damn what the hell is a good crayon

I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Freef, it's what's for dinner. Eating Freef in the neighborfood. Freef, never broven Hurgusburgus.

Lost SalientCaptain InertiaOdin3cl1ps3TynnanThegreatcowTofystedethsarukunArch
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I suspect I'm more or less in the same camp. The middle vowel is a bit extended from 'cran' - more like craan? I think? I pronounce the second half more as a very brief 'a' than an 'o'.

Not sure, can't say it normally now that I'm thinking about it.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    Tallahasseeriel
  • ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    edited October 1
    Obligatory to bless this new thread with some DUNNTZ

4x8gnfrcmct7.png

Thegreatcow on
    Lost SalientCaptain InertiaDouglasDangerSlacker713cl1ps3TynnanXaquinBucketmansponodurandal4532webguy20tynicsyndalisVeldrinSorceSirToastyCommander ZoomTofystedethA Dabble Of TheloniusAndy JoesarukunKaboodles_The_AssassinDHSButtersArch
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited October 1
    Instagram a few months ago wouldn't stop showing me ads for FOOD CRAYONS, folks.

You know what everyone would prefer to slicing and putting real basil on their caprese?

A BASIL CRAYON:

0H6twfsh.png

All I can think about is how uncomfortably close to a cum knife this is

Captain Inertia on
    I suspect I'm more or less in the same camp. The middle vowel is a bit extended from 'cran' - more like craan? I think? I pronounce the second half more as a very brief 'a' than an 'o'.

Not sure, can't say it normally now that I'm thinking about it.

Cra on?

That's me too basically. But my a and o are very close to the same sound

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited October 1
    west coast US here, cray-on like ray-on

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Slacker71XaquinJedocsponowebguy20chromdomSorceCommander Zoomsilence1186StiltsOrca
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    what I wouldn't give to be able to Tinkle Outside The Binkle

RCmKIvs.gif
    3034-4093-8537 on Switch
    ThegreatcowSlacker71OdinVeldrinAndy JoeAntinumeric
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the only thing stopping you is society, maaaaaaaaaaan

BahamutZERO.gif
    Slacker71Andy Joe
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    But would you binkle outside the tinkle

Thegreatcow
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    never! I have standards

RCmKIvs.gif
    3034-4093-8537 on Switch
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

east coast US here

we agree

Slacker71LuvTheMonkeySorceAlexandiersilence1186
  • JedocJedoc Justice. Mercy. Duty. That sort of thing.Registered User regular
    If that basil crayon is anywhere near as tasty as regular crayons, count me in.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Slacker71Xaquin
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    If that basil crayon is anywhere near as tasty as regular crayons, count me in.

Found the marine.

Lost SalientTynnanSirToastyCommander ZoomAndy JoeAntoshkaJoolanderAntinumeric
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    In this part of Canada they call colored pencils "Pencil Crayons" and it's one part of Canadian society I utterly refuse to absorb.

Pencil Crayons.

Utter nonsense.

Slacker71XaquinhonovereAndy JoeShortyASimPersonJoolander
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    In this part of Canada they call colored pencils "Pencil Crayons" and it's one part of Canadian society I utterly refuse to absorb.

Pencil Crayons.

Utter nonsense.

What on earth.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    Captain InertiaXaquintynicVeldrinSirToastysarukunShortyASimPersonStilts
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Pencil Crayons.

Utter nonsense.

i beg your pardon

Captain InertiaSirToasty
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    My friend was trying to convince me by saying the crayon part refered to there being lots of colors

And I'm like "do you call water colors PAINT CRAYONS? Do you call colored sharpies MARKER CRAYONS? WHAT DO YOU CALL BLACK CRAYONS?????"

She had no answers.

My wife just goes with it like "That's just what we call em, man."

BahamutZEROSlacker71tynicTonkkaAndy JoesarukunShortyJoolander
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    ace bandages or as I call them, Fabric Bandaids

"honey can you pick up a chicken for dinner" excuse me I think you mean a Raw Popeye's, and yes

Captain InertiatynicTonkka
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Now please excuse me while I go enjoy this nice hot charbroiled hamburger sandwich with french fried potato garnish.

BLM - ACAB
    Tallahasseeriel
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Now please excuse me while I go enjoy this nice hot charbroiled hamburger sandwich with french fried potato garnish.

I think you'll find they're called "steamed hams".

Odin3cl1ps3Slacker71TonkkaSporkAndrewAndy JoeJoolander
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    ploac593z9p5.jpeg

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
    Slacker71Rhesus Positivewebguy20Thegreatcow#pipetynicchromdomUbikTonkkaSorceBucketmanMichaelLCLost SalientAndy JoesarukunAntoshkaJoolander
    edited October 1
    Just in thyme cause I was hungry.

Drez on
    Slacker71XaquinThegreatcowknitdanTonkkaBucketmansarukun
  • sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Registered User regular
    Boo this man

640qocnq4ske.gif
    DrezCommander Zoom
    spono wrote: »
    Boo this man

I thought I was on a roll :/

(Just like my eggs after I transferred some of them out of the skillet.)

BahamutZERO

XaquinThe GeekThegreatcowSlacker71GlalAndy Joe
    Now I really want a burger.

BLM - ACAB
    TallahasseerielXaquin
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular

PNW, I can’t say that I use either very much but I feel like I would say “cran” and then maybe repeat it as “cray-on” if the person didn’t understand what I was saying.

Also listening to myself just now the “ay” sound is still there when I say “cran” it’s just the phrase is spoken very quickly so it’s hard to hear.

“Do we have any crayons” when spoken aloud by me sounds more like “D’we haviny crans?”

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    Tallahasseeriel
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

Pencil Crayons.

Utter nonsense.

We do that in the UK, too.

SporkAndrew
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    clearly not in my hearing or I would have fucking lost it probably

Brovid Hasselsmof3cl1ps3XaquinsponoKetarRhesus PositiveTynnanCommander ZoomTofystedethsarukunShortySlacker71ASimPersonStiltsJoolanderAntinumericArch
    Now I really want a burger.

And then I picked up a McDouble on the way home.

BLM - ACAB
    ThegreatcowXaquinDouglasDangerCommander Zoom
    Note for your friend @#pipe - crayon comes from the french word for chalk, though frankly that makes the whole thing even less logical.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Colored pencils are wooden scribblies. Crayons are wax scribblies. Scented markers are tasty scribblies. Paints are wet scribblies.

I will not be taking any questions at this time.

webguy20TynnanSlacker71Joolander
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited October 1
    tynic wrote: »

Were you around many people using pencil crayons when you worked here?

I now have an image of you and your colleagues sitting around in your lab colouring in pictures of robots.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
    BahamutZEROOdinSlacker71
  • E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Pencil chalk!

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    o9HWxpX.jpg

Pencil crayons.

• JedocJedoc Justice. Mercy. Duty. That sort of thing.Registered User regular
    Look at that bullshit ordinary lead, what a shameful failure of a pencil crayon.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    TallahasseerielSporkAndrewSlacker71
    tynic wrote: »

Were you around many people using pencil crayons when you worked here?

I now have an image of you and your colleagues sitting around in your lab colouring in pictures of robots.

The girlfriend of one of my colleagues there was a childcare worker, you'd THINK it might have come up...