As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [BAD FOOD] thread: wherein we enter cheesy chicken chachos thousand island pizza hell

13637384042

Posts

  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    You gotta move out of Flavortown.

    Andy JoeTallahasseerielBucketman
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I don't understand any of the placement motivation for that chart, except for mashed potatoes at true neutral

    and gravy is obviously chaotic good. You can put it on anything (yes, even that), and it's always an improvement.

    PolaritieGrudgeCaptain InertiaPeen
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    edited November 25
    I’d move Turkey to neutral good but otherwise I’m fairly happy with most of that chart

    Mac and cheese is not a universal Thanksgiving dish

    knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I’d move Turkey to neutral good but otherwise I’m fairly happy with most of that chart

    Mac and cheese is not a universal Thanksgiving dish

    TURKEY IS LAWFUL

    FUCKING FIGHT ME

    Captain Inertia
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

    mrpaku
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    I’d move Turkey to neutral good but otherwise I’m fairly happy with most of that chart

    Mac and cheese is not a universal Thanksgiving dish

    TURKEY IS LAWFUL

    FUCKING FIGHT ME

    What about THIS turkey, hashbanana?

    b77f3ad5887b8e75e8516d803e8d161e.jpg

    Andy JoeBucketman
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Registered User regular
    alignment charts are just another way to generate pointless arguments, even in D&D

    Andy Joe
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I do not like that image.

    OptyXaquin
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    I’d move Turkey to neutral good but otherwise I’m fairly happy with most of that chart

    Mac and cheese is not a universal Thanksgiving dish

    TURKEY IS LAWFUL

    FUCKING FIGHT ME

    So’s ur mum!

    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Deep frying a turkey tomorrow. And zucchini. And pickles. And stuffing balls.

  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    What are you stuffing them with

    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    Captain Inertia
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Stuffing.

    MadicanAndy JoeBucketman
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 25
    #pipe wrote: »
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

    WHY DO PEOPLE MAKE ALIGNMENT CHARTS WHEN THEY DON'T FUCKING KNOW HOW ALIGNMENT CHARTS WORK

    Turkey is the only thanksgiving food everyone agrees should be there, it is the fucking poster boy of thanksgiving, it is the image on all the corporate marketing, it is the most traditional and safest choice, it is the fucking symbol of the holiday.

    TURKEY IS THE DEFINITION OF LAWFUL.

    The morality of turkey is open for debate, you could argue that any factory farmed meat cannot be considered good, or that it's the only form of protein on the table and it's pretty lean too so it can't be evil, but I will fucking fistfight anyone who thinks TURKEY should be CHAOTIC on a THANKSGIVING ALIGNMENT CHART.

    CHAOTIC GOOD: Photo of Perdue-brand turkey, frozen, in factory seal
    LAWFUL GOOD: Photo of literally any other brand of turkey, frozen, in factory seal
    LAWFUL EVIL: Photo of someone slaughtering a live turkey superimposed over a photo of a family sitting down for Thanksgiving-with-turkey dinner
    NEUTRAL EVIL: Screenshot of your character harvesting a wild turkey in Far Cry 5 for parts so you can craft a new ammo belt
    CHAOTIC EVIL: Just a plain photo of Turkey, the country

    Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
    #pipe
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    What are you stuffing them with

    I prefer to call it fisting.

    As in you put fistfuls of stuffing in there.

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    We don't put anything inside the turkey. It just gets deep fried and carved. The stuffing is Stovetop with some customization and the balls are formed from taking a spoonful, roll in panko, and drop into the fryer. Comes out crispy on the outside and savory on the inside. Pair with homemade cranberry sauce.

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

    WHY DO PEOPLE MAKE ALIGNMENT CHARTS WHEN THEY DON'T FUCKING KNOW HOW ALIGNMENT CHARTS WORK

    Turkey is the only thanksgiving food everyone agrees should be there, it is the fucking poster boy of thanksgiving, it is the image on all the corporate marketing, it is the most traditional and safest choice, it is the fucking symbol of the holiday.

    TURKEY IS THE DEFINITION OF LAWFUL.

    The morality of turkey is open for debate, you could argue that any factory farmed meat cannot be considered good, or that it's the only form of protein on the table and it's pretty lean too so it can't be evil, but I will fucking fistfight anyone who thinks TURKEY should be CHAOTIC on a THANKSGIVING ALIGNMENT CHART.

    CHAOTIC GOOD: Photo of Perdue-brand turkey, frozen, in factory seal
    LAWFUL GOOD: Photo of literally any other brand of turkey, frozen, in factory seal
    LAWFUL EVIL: Photo of someone slaughtering a live turkey superimposed over a photo of a family sitting down for Thanksgiving-with-turkey dinner
    NEUTRAL EVIL: Screenshot of your character harvesting a wild turkey in Far Cry 5 for parts so you can craft a new ammo belt
    CHAOTIC EVIL: Just a plain photo of Turkey, the country

    Where does the Tofurkey go on this alignment chart?
    I'd have put it chaotic evil, but that's taken.

    Also, where does the turkey flavor spam go?

  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I roll to disbelieve the illusion.

    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    webguy20MichaelLCPolaritiePeenV1mBucketman
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    I do not like that image.

    It's also known for this

    The puppet really in the video comments about a woman's chest

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Mmm, forbidden kiwi.

    4pxvn4xtmc6j.jpg

    Rhesus PositiveknitdanAndy Joewebguy20TynnanmrpakuCommander Zoom3cl1ps3BahamutZEROBucketmanJedoc
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

    I could see it tasting not terrible but looking absolutely fucking terrible.

    But it's turkey. That's a massive chunk of meat to just "roll the dice, let's see if its bad or not".

    Do it properly. Food wastage is bad.

    Xaquin
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited November 25
    I know the Asparagus was pages ago, but I still got to ask: Are you all eating white asparagus or green?

    Because green is so much better. fry it up with some spice and hmmmmmmmm



    also growin it might not be that hard but harvesting it is one of the more backbreaking labors that also requires some skill to do it quickly and cleanly.

    honovere on
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I have never had white asparagus.

    How is it different taste wise from green?

    Drez
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    edited November 25
    It’s a milder taste, because all the cocoa solids have been removed

    Some argue it shouldn’t be called asparagus at all because of this

    (To be clear this is a joke)

    knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    GlalSporkAndrewRhesus PositiveXaquinTynnanPeenCommander Zoom3cl1ps3BucketmanJedoc
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    is this bad food

    or merely cute food

    musb8dqan960.jpgikapr1mca179.jpg
    r2eaj22ams00.jpg6z4suqwj9s58.jpg

    RCmKIvs.gif
    3034-4093-8537 on Switch
    MichaelLCPolaritieNaphtaliBucketman
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I would say cute.

    But what is that white filling in the bottom right?

  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    knowing japan? mayonnaise

    RCmKIvs.gif
    3034-4093-8537 on Switch
    V1m
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Looks like alotta white bread and whipped cream to me, that sounds pretty bad food.

    I would expect to see fruit and mayo in Taiwan, not as much Japan.

    Lost Salient
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The healthiest thing there is probably the rice bunny in soup, although I don't know what the "flowers" are made of. Looks a bit like baloney.

    Are that super thick pancakes or some kind of buns in the bottom left? Looks like a nice dessert anyway.

  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Souffle pancakes, yeah.

  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Happy Thanksgiving, fellow American kids!

    I'm smoking a turkey for the first time. Please send me your thoughts and prayers that I do not screw it up.

    webguy20XaquinTynnanPeenCommander Zoom3cl1ps3Centipede DamascussarukunSorceBucketmanJedoc
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Happy Thanksgiving, fellow American kids!

    I'm smoking a turkey for the first time. Please send me your thoughts and prayers that I do not screw it up.

    You got this!

    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    sarukun
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    The healthiest thing there is probably the rice bunny in soup, although I don't know what the "flowers" are made of. Looks a bit like baloney.

    Are that super thick pancakes or some kind of buns in the bottom left? Looks like a nice dessert anyway.

    I'm pretty sure that's curry. Which... close to a soup.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    The healthiest thing there is probably the rice bunny in soup, although I don't know what the "flowers" are made of. Looks a bit like baloney.

    Are that super thick pancakes or some kind of buns in the bottom left? Looks like a nice dessert anyway.

    I'm pretty sure that's curry. Which... close to a soup.

    It’s a stew!

    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
    MichaelLCBucketman
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    I would say cute.

    But what is that white filling in the bottom right?

    Might be cream cheese and pickle. That's a popular finger sandwich for social gatherings in some parts.

  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »
    I would say cute.

    But what is that white filling in the bottom right?

    Might be cream cheese and pickle. That's a popular finger sandwich for social gatherings in some parts.

    They’re grapes! There’s grapes on the tray.

    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Oh the bunny is rice? I thought it was a slice of white bread which was about to be very soggy

    Rhesus PositiveCommander ZoomBahamutZEROPeenMichaelLCBucketmanJedoc
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Happy Thanksgiving, fellow American kids!

    I'm smoking a turkey for the first time. Please send me your thoughts and prayers that I do not screw it up.

    Careful. Smoking is very addictive.

    Sic transit gloria mundi.
    GlalMichaelLCXaquinCaptain InertiaBucketmansee317
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Happy Thanksgiving, fellow American kids!

    I'm smoking a turkey for the first time. Please send me your thoughts and prayers that I do not screw it up.

    Good luck! Smoking is the best way to cook a turkey, imo

  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    thos bunny sandwiches remind me of this cake that i watched



Sign In or Register to comment.