As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No, It's the Artisanal Cheese Villains Who Are Wrong in the [BAD FOOD] Thread

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    The PR photo doesn't look any better or worse than the real life photo?

There's maybe 10% more potato in the PR pic!

Ok, the the second pic is obviously quite a bit sloppier and rushed. Not that it's a big deal.

But 10% more?!?!

There's like legit twice as many spirals on the PR pic!

It's like double the amount!

I count 14 spirals (3 fell off the dog) on the real pic and 19(?) on the PR photo, but the PR pic is much lower quality and harder to count

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Anyone have reccs for wine in convenient formats? I love red wine, but bottles are a bother as I generally don't have more than a glass at a time and my partner can't drink it. Also I just don't like oxidized wine too much. I know there are cans, small bottles and boxes that all get around the oxidation issue of opened bottles, but wondered if anyone had some they particularly liked.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I think I have some wine that you would be very interested in.

Just follow me down to the cellar, and please don't think anything of not sponsoring me for entry into the Masons ha ha I'm quite over it ha ha

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Made it just before 11am
    guewcc0fim1g.jpg

Tastes almost as good as it looks

But I just added like 5g too much caramel syrup.

So you added five grams of caramel to it then?

• Options
    edited October 2021
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

Just follow me down to the cellar, and please don't think anything of not sponsoring me for entry into the Masons ha ha I'm quite over it ha ha

Well, I do love wine, and can't imagine you harming me, so why not. Lead on! Oh no, you just go a bit ahead down those stairs, ignore the sound of my trowel at the door way. I'll be right down.
    this is why you weren't ready to be a mason

QuantumTurk on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    You know I’m not sure I ever truly grokked that “refusing to sponsor Montressor’s entry into the Masons” was the ultimate reason Fortunato ended up as a hitobashira.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Well, I do love wine, and can't imagine you harming me, so why not. Lead on! Oh no, you just go a bit ahead down those stairs, ignore the sound of my trowel at the door way. I'll be right down.

You forgot Montressor chained up his victim otherwise a freshly laid wall can be knocked right down

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    I always just figured he said something bitchy at a previous dinner party

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    You know I’m not sure I ever truly grokked that “refusing to sponsor Montressor’s entry into the Masons” was the ultimate reason Fortunato ended up as a hitobashira.

Same. And really when it's pointed out, that's the whole dramatic irony of the story, I've referenced it a bunch of times as just some creep who does in some rube in a weird way for no good reason.

There ought to be some kind of book experts who learn about this kind of thing.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »

You forgot Montressor chained up his victim otherwise a freshly laid wall can be knocked right down

That's what the masons want you to think, so we have the element of surprise. And irony.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    he was proving how masonworthy he was by doing masonry

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Good news!

Mixing this leftover slice of apple pie into my night time oatmeal was a great success.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Anyone have reccs for wine in convenient formats? I love red wine, but bottles are a bother as I generally don't have more than a glass at a time and my partner can't drink it. Also I just don't like oxidized wine too much. I know there are cans, small bottles and boxes that all get around the oxidation issue of opened bottles, but wondered if anyone had some they particularly liked.

We like Cavit single-serve.

Using a wine pump works pretty well too, certainly for the $10-ish bottles we usually buy.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Corned Beef, Matzo Ball Soup, and More (23 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF19-_qYjFc

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Made it just before 11am
    guewcc0fim1g.jpg

Obviously he added five gravities, gosh.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Corned Beef, Matzo Ball Soup, and More (23 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF19-_qYjFc

This is NSFW or my NSFA (my appetite).

I love salt beef (that's what we call corned beef in the UK) so much.

I wish there was a good pastrami place near me because then I could do a salt beef vs pastrami taste off.

Unfortunately London (and the UK really) tends to be a salt beef place.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Gherkin on the side and not in the sandwich?

Do you have a bite of sandwich and then a bite of gherkin?

It's 7:53am and I have questions about sandwiches

Karl on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    In America you’d often just get a sandwich and a pickle on the side. It was weird.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I thought we called corned beef corned beef

• Options
    I thought we called corned beef corned beef

Salt beef uk=Corned beef US.

I don't think they have UK corned beef over in the US but happy to be corrected.

• Options
    In America you’d often just get a sandwich and a pickle on the side. It was weird.

maybe it's on the side like palate cleanser? You have a bite after bite of sandwich to cut through the richness of the beef?

I'm used to it being in the sandwich.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular

Put the cork back in the bottle and have another glass tomorrow?

• Options
    Get a bottle top?

I've a terrible middle class wanker so I have a stopper/aerator for red wine. Keeps the wine good for a few days.

That might not work for you because your definition of "a glass" might be small?

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Leftover red wine is also most useful for cooking. Almost anything tomato- or red meat-based will benefit from a little wine added early in the cooking or marinading phase.

V1m on
  • Options
    Red wine in spag bol is always a winner.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Also, braised red cabbage.

• Options
    Def agree with the wine for cooking, and from others here and more research I think I'll have to pick up a basic bottle pump. As for just re corking, I try, i do, but I don't often like the change it's underwent by the next day. So then I just feel hella wasteful when I've now got most of a bottle to either cook with or pour out.

• Options
    You can freeze wine for cooking as well.

I throw it in ziplock bags and lay them flat when they freeze.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular

That's what the masons want you to think, so we have the element of surprise. And irony.

Well, the irony was from the rebar.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Made it just before 11am
    guewcc0fim1g.jpg

10g actually smart guy. And really only because these are cheaper dark roasted beans rather than lighter local ones.

This is this mornings with no sugar in it. It's pretty good the milk temperature is perfect but I really need to get my pouring tech down better.

y7zy280cc8yi.jpg

• Options
    Tynnan wrote: »

Well, the irony was from the rebar.

No, that's in the iron bru.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    This weekend I'm going to ruin my diet by making either rotiboys or melonpan. I used to eat rotiboys when I lived in Korea and they are delicious, absolute perfection. I have never tried melonpan but it looks good.

Which should I make? They seem roughly the same difficulty level.

• Options
    I vote rotiboy, but that's entirely because its the one I'd rather eat.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I don't know what they are.

But melons are disgusting, so I vote rotiboys. (Which sounds like some sort of gay club.)

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    No that's rutty boys

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Putty boys?

Punch them in their z so they explode

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I don't know what they are.

But melons are disgusting, so I vote rotiboys. (Which sounds like some sort of gay club.)

Melonpan doesn't have any melon flavor, they just look like melon.

It's a sweet bread bun with craquelin on top
    japanese-melon-pan-5.jpg

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Basically melonpan is bread with a cookie shell. Rotiboy is bread with a thin crunchy coffee shell with a pat of butter in the middle.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Well that description of a Rotiboy has four out of my favorite food words in it, guess I'll go look up a recipe.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Well that description of a Rotiboy has four out of my favorite food words in it, guess I'll go look up a recipe.

Bread
    Coffee
    Butter
    The

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.