As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OOC] Vampire: The Masquerade - Pyramid Scheme [PBP]

2»

Posts

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    IC thread is live, belatedly.

    Your characters have the option of meeting up beforehand or arriving on their own, whichever is preferable.

    ePITGr0.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Not sure what to roll on the phone before Louie rings.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    @cj iwakura
    The prof would like to try to figure what is going on with his devices before blindly following ghost instructions.
    But happy to call that a bust and just rock up if there's nothing that can be discovered quickly.

    I'm also still uncertain about his Intelligence specialisation, as Research seems maybe too broad or abstract

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited October 24
    discrider wrote: »
    @cj iwakura
    The prof would like to try to figure what is going on with his devices before blindly following ghost instructions.
    But happy to call that a bust and just rock up if there's nothing that can be discovered quickly.

    I'm also still uncertain about his Intelligence specialisation, as Research seems maybe too broad or abstract

    You can roll a Perception + Investigation, challenge of 3.
    discrider wrote: »
    Not sure what to roll on the phone before Louie rings.

    Sorry, wasn't sure what you were trying to do with the phone, probably a bit late, unless it affects his actions?

    cj iwakura on
    ePITGr0.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 24
    Minion roll 4d10t3 for what's up with my phone
    (Unsure if challenge 3 is aiming to get 3 or aiming to get 4 but I assume it's the former)

    what's up with my phone:
    4d10t3 3 [4d10t3=10, 5, 9, 2]

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
    mrpaku
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited October 24
    discrider wrote: »
    (Unsure if challenge 3 is aiming to get 3 or aiming to get 4 but I assume it's the former)

    Three successes or higher(7+) You can determine there is some very unusual form of Thaumaturgy affecting your device(s).

    what's up with my phone:
    4d10t3 4 [4d10t3=8, 6, 6, 9]

    cj iwakura on
    ePITGr0.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    João can always try to sweet talk and/or charm a local student if he's feeling adventurous. He'll be fine through the current scene, but it's unlikely he'll hold out throughout the night.

    ePITGr0.png
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    João is a bit paranoid about being so low, he's noticed his propensity for being a magnet for bad luck and it tends to snowball in his estimation. He's more inclined to try the bars than prey on students directly on campus, since this is probably a Tremere haven it doesn't strike him as a good idea to eat where he has to do business. On the other hand, bars a few blocks away would be more promising and it's easy to snare someone with a little booze in their system (either in the bars or wandering the street).

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 26
    So the quick of it is, Gurstag got vamped pursuing occult power and invading an "esoteric's" haven by mistake.
    Since then his sire has been directing him to ensure others don't make the same errors in judgement by keeping track of deviants and their disturbances.
    Whilst not preventing Gurstag's further research in the meantime.

    Anyway, on the way over to the meeting the prof would like to review his collected research for any indication of who he's dealing with.

    .. and the Files are in a language/cipher of Gurstag's own making.
    Because he doesn't fancy a final death if it gets stolen.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    There is not a whole lot publicly known about the MIT Chantry. The most you can find was that before Vienna took the fall are murmurings that they were considered outsiders at best, mistrusted at worst, mostly for their focus on modern technologies and sciences, which Vienna's never been fond of. With situations having changed in Vienna, they seem to becoming more of a major player, which local elders are reportedly very apprehensive about.

    ePITGr0.png
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 31
    DM: what/could I use talents to make the Hostess sympathetic to us/possibly help/be charmed by/not outright hate us, or would an attempt just make things worse?

    Could this use my Acting, Streetwise, or Empathy skill, or maybe Notoriety? And what would I roll if any of that was the case?

    mrpaku on
    discrider
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    DM: what/could I use talents to make the Hostess sympathetic to us/possibly help/be charmed by/not outright hate us, or would an attempt just make things worse?

    Could this use my Acting, Streetwise, or Empathy skill, or maybe Notoriety? And what would I roll if any of that was the case?

    Charisma+Empathy+Fame would be his best bet, unless he's trying to Intimidate her(which would be ill-advised), against a challenge of 4.

    ePITGr0.png
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 31
    So that'd be a 6d10 to roll (2d10 per each for Charisma/Empathy/Fame), correct? (This part is new to me!)

    Edit- Correction: 2 2d10s, one for Charisma (which I have two ticks in) and one in Empathy (which I have two ticks in), that more accurate?

    mrpaku on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    And another die for your fame I think

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Hoping that's a success off Louie's sotto-voce and piercing vampiric eyes (even though Charisma-wise, the Hostess probably can tell Louie's a scumbag, but +4 so booyah!) I'll roll for Fame here as well, just in case
    Geth roll 1d10 Fame

    Fame:
    1d10 4 [1d10=4]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited October 31
    mrpaku wrote: »
    So that'd be a 6d10 to roll (2d10 per each for Charisma/Empathy/Fame), correct? (This part is new to me!)

    Edit- Correction: 2 2d10s, one for Charisma (which I have two ticks in) and one in Empathy (which I have two ticks in), that more accurate?

    You would actually roll all 5 at once, and a success being anything 7 or higher(10s are rerolled).

    That past roll was only two successes, for instance, but I'll allow another due to the miscommunication. :)

    cj iwakura on
    ePITGr0.png
    mrpaku
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I mean, Louie probably thinks it's a success.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
    cj iwakuramrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Alright, so that's 2/5: not as well as I'd thought; better than Louie could've realistically hoped for! :)

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    @Kirindal Just making sure all's well, since the others are waiting on your arrival.

    ePITGr0.png
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Sorry about that, a bit of a slammed week for me. Finally got time to slow down and play.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    No problem, serves me right for separating the group for feeding. :P

    ePITGr0.png
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Could Louie attempt to sneak up and try to overhear any of the muffled conversation (without touching the door yet), maybe see if he recognizes a voice, or is it way too loud in there?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited November 11
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Could Louie attempt to sneak up and try to overhear any of the muffled conversation (without touching the door yet), maybe see if he recognizes a voice, or is it way too loud in there?

    He doesn't recognize any of the voices offhand, but he can make an observation roll. Auspex+Stealth+Perception, challenge of 3.

    cj iwakura on
    ePITGr0.png
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Whelp

    cj iwakura
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 15
    How would Louie have been treated by the Tremere in general in his role as "a voice on the radio" before everything went south? Looking to see how much prejudice he would've experienced around "futuristic technology" before tonight

    mrpaku on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    How would Louie have been treated by the Tremere in general in his role as "a voice on the radio" before everything went south? Looking to see how much prejudice he would've experienced around "futuristic technology" before tonight

    With skepticism and paranoia, though to be fair, that's how they pretty much treat all initiates. He'd definitely get a vibe that most if not all elders were stuck in the old ways, encouraging students to study texts, ancient rotes, literal scrolls, and so on.

    ePITGr0.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm at a bit of a loss here.
    I feel like Gurstag should know something, but unsure what.

    Presumably the Regentia is talking about cooperation between the clans? And the map is showing different clan locations?
    But that also doesn't feel like something that would be proper to outright assume, or rather maybe might be accusing the Regentia of treachery to assume.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm at a bit of a loss here.
    I feel like Gurstag should know something, but unsure what.

    Presumably the Regentia is talking about cooperation between the clans? And the map is showing different clan locations?
    But that also doesn't feel like something that would be proper to outright assume, or rather maybe might be accusing the Regentia of treachery to assume.

    He is welcome to ask her, but no, she's talking about something far riskier that would probably get her staked and left for the sun, if the Prince found out.

    ePITGr0.png
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Louie is down to go straight to Suzette and get our mission assignment for tomorrow evening. Question: is there enough of the evening left afterwards for me and the boys to find a lousy restaurant/dive bar/homeless encampment near here and talk about which ways we think we're getting setup/railroaded/played? Or is that gonna have to be for a later date?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Louie is down to go straight to Suzette and get our mission assignment for tomorrow evening. Question: is there enough of the evening left afterwards for me and the boys to find a lousy restaurant/dive bar/homeless encampment near here and talk about which ways we think we're getting setup/railroaded/played? Or is that gonna have to be for a later date?

    There should be plenty of time, the night is still young.

    ePITGr0.png
    mrpaku
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    @discrider @Kirindal
    Just confirming if either of you want to respond, or if simply moving things along is preferable.

    ePITGr0.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited December 1
    I was going to post something but happy to move it along.
    Gurstag is entertaining whether the Regentia might be trying to get them all staked, but he doesn't think he's insulted her recently.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    I was going to post something but happy to move it along.

    By all means, just making sure.
    (And sending three initiates to get staked is in bad form. Usually.)

    ePITGr0.png
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Louie's "decent computer" is probably an old thirty-pound brick from 1998. Something he used to run Kazaa and AOL Messenger on before he "discovered" smartphones (and yet, still lugs around out of a weird nostalgia)

    Are we gonna need to find an internet cafe, or a library? Anyone have someone they know that's tech savvy and trustworthy, or a hideout equipped for this sort of thing? Assuming that we want to crack into whatever data we have before us tonight and ASAP: Johnny ( @Kirindal ), Gurstag ( @discrider ), what do you guys think?

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Gurstag is planning on just chucking it into his work computer.
    He'd be a bit leery at bringing other kindred into his haven, though.
    Doesn't really trust them around his students.

    So we could go to an internet cafe?

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    I just looked it up, and it seems like internet cafes aren't a "thing" anymore? Definitely not the 24/7 ones Vamps would need in and around Boston...

    We could try to sneak/break into one of the MIT classrooms nearby, or find a public library to infiltrate. Maybe break into a Best Buy and steal a cheap little laptop? Or find someone at a Starbucks and "borrow" theirs. But that all seems like inviting trouble before we've really even begun. If it was earlier in the evening we could probably buy one on the cheap: maybe we could find a 24 hour pawn shop that has one?

    @cj iwakura , is there some sort of roll we could make to point us in the right direction here?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    They are still a thing in some areas, a lot of arcades and such usually have internet cafes in them, but usually more late night than all night. An investigation+wits would be fine, challenge of 2.

    ePITGr0.png
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Looks like this is the Professor's roll, then :D

Sign In or Register to comment.