As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OOC] Vampire: The Masquerade - Pyramid Scheme [PBP]

12467

Posts

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    Yes, you have a few hours prior to the meetup, so there are time for other things, just not a great deal, especially if they want to be punctual.
    discrider wrote: »
    Gurstag is going to be heading back to his haven tonight to research this group, and top up his blood from his students/herd.
    Before meeting back up tomorrow

    Feel free to make an Intelligence+Investigation to determine his findings, depending on his methods.

    oK4l3R4.png
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Louie will drive straight to the meetup early tomorrow evening, after picking through his closet for a few hours tonight for something to wear (and to see if he can find a couple of tracks from the group we're going to see, so he can be more familiar with them). He'll get there fifteen minutes early tomorrow, and try to watch the nature of Gurstag's arrival/attempt to sneak up on him afterwards

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Ok

    So was going to type things up about Gurstag drinking from Jess and then scouring his sources on the net for information and layouts of the GPS location, its connection to the mages, and any clue who this J might be.
    Unsure how far we've moved though so just rolling

    Minion roll 6d10o10t7 for Int specialisation and Investigation

    Int specialisation and Investigation:
    6d10o10t7 3 [6d10o10t7=1, 9, 7, 6, 8, 4]

    mrpaku
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (Want to see if the exploding dice format works:
    minion roll 10d10o9t7

    10d10o9t7 1 [10d10o9t7=2, 3, 5, 4, 4, 4, 7, 2, 1, 3]

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited January 24
    (lol attempt #2
    Want to see if the exploding dice format works:
    minion roll 10d10o9t7

    10d10o9t7 1 [10d10o9t7=2, 4, 1, 5, 4, 2, 8, 4, 3, 1]

    discrider on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited January 24
    Attempt #3
    Want to see if the exploding dice format works:
    minion roll 10d10o8t7


    ... Okay, that doesn't work

    Welll.... It looks like it will sort of work. It will add the die roll to the other die roll. so 14 would be 10 => 4, 18 would be 10 => 8 , and 23 would be 10 => 10 => 3. These would all only count once in the t7 though instead of 1, 2 and 2

    10d10o8t7 4 [10d10o8t7=11, 7, 2, 6, 3, 24, 5, 4, 14, 3]

    discrider on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Ok

    So was going to type things up about Gurstag drinking from Jess and then scouring his sources on the net for information and layouts of the GPS location, its connection to the mages, and any clue who this J might be.
    Unsure how far we've moved though so just rolling

    Minion roll 6d10o10t7 for Int specialisation and Investigation

    It doesn't take you long to hone in on the group. They have a mild social media presence, mostly relying on FB and Instagram, but they even have a MySpace, so they've been around.

    Trying to investigate J does not go so well. The moment you start down that path, your internet completely goes out.

    oK4l3R4.png
    mrpakudiscrider
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    We waiting on me and Gurstag? Should I do a brief bit about driving to the meet-up tomorrow to kinda push things forward?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    Either that or I can post the scene at the meetup.

    oK4l3R4.png
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Does Louie need to roll anything to just stroll past the Bouncer with his phone-invitation out, like he owns the place?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Does Louie need to roll anything to just stroll past the Bouncer with his phone-invitation out, like he owns the place?

    Absolutely, wits+subterfuge or stealth.

    oK4l3R4.png
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 3d10 Wits+Subterfuge

    Wits+Subterfuge:
    3d10 20 [3d10=4, 7, 9]

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Is Gurstag able to attempt to smuggle a concealed single-shot rifle in disguised as a walking stick?

    mrpaku
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Is Gurstag able to attempt to smuggle a concealed single-shot rifle in disguised as a walking stick?

    He can try, but that's going to be against a difficulty of 3 with wits+stealth, along with the question of how he came to possess it.

    oK4l3R4.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Is Gurstag able to attempt to smuggle a concealed single-shot rifle in disguised as a walking stick?

    He can try, but that's going to be against a difficulty of 3 with wits+stealth, along with the question of how he came to possess it.

    It's more, Gurstag would like to have a concealed weapon on him if things go south.
    But I'm unsure what he'd have at hand.
    Probably something old-fashioned.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Is Gurstag able to attempt to smuggle a concealed single-shot rifle in disguised as a walking stick?

    He can try, but that's going to be against a difficulty of 3 with wits+stealth, along with the question of how he came to possess it.

    It's more, Gurstag would like to have a concealed weapon on him if things go south.
    But I'm unsure what he'd have at hand.
    Probably something old-fashioned.

    A simple pistol would be easier to conceal than trying to hide a rifle as a walking stick, if he's set on bringing a firearm.

    oK4l3R4.png
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    @discrider Maybe a Derringer Pistol (x5) in a concealed ankle holster?

    @cj iwakura Since it looks like Louie'll be able to get through security alright, is there anything he could do to provide Gurstag with assistance on his own check getting in (throwing out a "he's with me" or something?)

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    @discrider Maybe a Derringer Pistol (x5) in a concealed ankle holster?

    @cj iwakura Since it looks like Louie'll be able to get through security alright, is there anything he could do to provide Gurstag with assistance on his own check getting in (throwing out a "he's with me" or something?)

    It would take a difficulty away from whatever he tries to do.

    oK4l3R4.png
    mrpaku
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited January 30
    Gurstag is currently tossing up whether it's worth it to pack a pistol.
    They're humans, and he doesn't really want to offend them, but it is unexpected.
    Definitely talking lockpicks though.
    Just in case any artifacts need.. liberating

    discrider on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    alright.
    Minion roll 1d10t5 for common sense

    common sense:
    1d10t5 0 [1d10t5=3]

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited January 31
    (Going to attempt to Dominate when this goes wrong -_-)

    (Also noting my actual character sheet, where I don't have Auspex, and instead Dominate 1 when I went full professor)
    (And also at blood 6 due to feeding on Jess the previous night for 20%. She probably has a really bad headache today)
    Name: Professor Gurstag Adage

    Player: discrider

    Chronicle: Pyramid Scheme

    Demeanor: Bookish Curmudgeon, Deviant raising a group of students to feed from

    Nature: Pedagogue, Conniver and Architect towards the same acquisition of knowledge before all else.
    Generation: 13th

    Haven: Department of Archaeology at Boston University

    Concept: 13th generation vamp who works at a university in order to sound out what the mortal world knows about the curse.

    ATTRIBUTES:

    Physical: 3

    Strength: 1
    Dexterity: 3
    Stamina: 2

    SOCIAL: 4

    Charisma: 2
    Manipulation: 3
    Appearance: 2

    MENTAL: 6

    Perception: 2
    Intelligence: 4 - Research
    Wits: 3

    ABILITIES:

    Talents: 6
    -Alertness: 1
    -Dodge: 1
    -Leadership: 2
    -Intimidation:1
    -Subterfuge: 1

    Skills: 7
    -Drive: 1
    -Etiquette: 1
    -Firearms: 1
    -Stealth: 2
    -Security: 2

    Knowledge: 11
    -Computer: 2
    -Investigation: 2
    -Occult: 3
    -Linguistics: 2
    -Bureaucracy: 2

    DISCIPLINES:
    -Auspex: 0
    -Dominate: 1
    -Thaumaturgy: 3 - Blood magic path (Taste Blood, Blood Rage, Temp Gen; willpower beat 3+lvl), Communicate with Kindred Sire ritual (int+occult beat 3+lvl)

    Backgrounds:
    -Herd: 1 (PhD students)
    -Resources
    -Status (Tremere information broker)
    -Influence (Occult): 1
    -Influence (University): 1

    VIRTUES:

    -Conscience: 2
    -Self-Control: 4
    -Courage: 4

    WILLPOWER: 5

    .. and the 15 XP somewhere
    7 on LVL 1 Dominate
    5 for lvl 2 Perception
    2 for lvl 2 Leadership
    And 1 for Willpower

    BLOOD: 6

    Minion roll 1d10 for blood

    discrider on
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    So: I'm thinking Louie is gonna order a scotch (the drink our good friend "J" recommended), then go on a charm offensive around the room, introducing himself to everyone. Small tables and couples first, from there working his way in to the bigger, more secretive groups. As he does so, he'll be keeping his eye out for familiar faces or people watching from the shadows, ready to give a nod over to Gurstag if he sees anything suspicious

    @discrider What do you think? Would something like that provide a proper distraction for Gurstag to get an eye on things in here, or an opening to try something?

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I think we're overthinking it, and we'll know where to go once we order the scotch

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Alright, let's do it! 8-)

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    Just realized you both only rolled 3 dice, you each have four die with the three combined stats.
    (Professor has Percetion 2/Auspex 1/Alertness 1, and Louis has Auspex 2/Perception 1/Alertness 1).

    Feel free to roll again.

    oK4l3R4.png
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 1d10 Last Chance

    Last Chance:
    1d10 1 [1d10=1]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Geth roll 1d10 Last Chance

    I mean roll all four at once, I'm being nice. :P

    oK4l3R4.png
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Geth roll 1d10 Last Chance

    I mean roll all four at once, I'm being nice. :P

    Appreciate it! :) Here goes nothing,

    Geth roll 4d10 Perception+Auspex+Awareness

    Perception+Auspex+Awareness:
    4d10 19 [4d10=5, 1, 5, 8]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    edited February 6
    For posterity, the command for a reroll is
    Geth, roll 10d10o10h7

    This totally was not the result of asking for a reminder, not at all.
    (The alternative was searching older threads.)

    10d10o10h7 6 [10d10o10h7=9, 1, 6, 8, 8, 7, 5, 2, 9, 8]

    cj iwakura on
    oK4l3R4.png
    mrpaku
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ( No he doesn't)

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    ( No he doesn't)

    Oh right, you updated the sheet, my mistake.

    oK4l3R4.png
    discrider
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 7
    As a former primary murder suspect, Louie is real good getting the hell up out of here before the cops arrive, and meeting back up at Gurstag's fence once we've hopefully ditched the stalker

    Are we planning on driving, or is it in walking distance? Is Jonathan coming with us, or travelling there separately?

    mrpaku on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    As a former primary murder suspect, Louie is real good getting the hell up out of here before the cops arrive, and meeting back up at Gurstag's fence once we've hopefully ditched the stalker

    Are we planning on driving, or is it in walking distance? Is Jonathan coming with us, or travelling there separately?

    That depends on how far this fence is, but he'll more than likely go his own way, since he's not a fan of being followed.

    oK4l3R4.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited February 9
    Gurstag figures that we'll be heading there in Louie's car. Easier to shake a tail that way.

    Do I need to roll to figure out where we're headed? Or is privacy or the quality of the location something that is sorted out with the owner of the establishment face-to-face when we arrive?

    discrider on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    It depends on how he knows this person, and if his influence is a factor.

    oK4l3R4.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Gurstag is taking them to a pawn shop that often finds itself selling curios that Gurstag has been in the market for, both as a buyer and supplier.
    He expects that his status in the Occult as a buyer and seller should help them get a private artifact examination room without any fuss.

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Need me to roll something to drive us over?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    If they're driving regularly, no, only if they'll be trying to be sneaky or quick about it.

    oK4l3R4.png
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    I'd like to try for sneaky and quick, please (trying to lose this tail)

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    Drive+Dexterity against difficulty of 2.

    oK4l3R4.png
Sign In or Register to comment.