As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Denver Gets That Tall Pocket Passer They've Been Missing

• XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    KC offense still struggled the whole game, but at least they didn't turn it over today. That's probably why they won against an equally struggling Packers team without Rodgers.

• HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Love did ok...got better as the game went on. If the Packers special teams weren't...well...the Packers special teams...they might have won. They gave up 3 points off of a bad punt return turnover...and missed 6 points off of two missed field goals.

camo_sig2.png
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Tox wrote: »
    Cam Newton is trending on twitter. Apparently some folks at a Panthers game noticed some banners that looked like Newton was conspicuously missing. Except older pics show it was always there, even in 2016-2017.

And also because Panthers are bad still. I'm disappointed but not specifically in Darnold. He seems like a perfectly average journeyman QB. Probably too good to be a backup, but he hasn't found a fit where he can blossom and learn. The Jets may have completely ruined him, which would be a shame.

USC ruined him

Been exactly 1 good and literally 0 other non-terrible QBs from USC since like 1974

And every single one of them was drafted, that’s like 1 (Carson Palmer) and 30 shitty ones

Edit: looking at the wiki of QBs that have started games for USC is some major Guy Remembering, btw, if you’ve got a little time to kill go nuts

Captain Inertia on
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    KC-Greenbay was like a bad Big 10 game

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    stafford :/

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    They made Matt return to "Lions" Matt.
    And no Derrick Henry to boot!

Rams definitely needed to trade for Von, especially since they can't stop the running game anymore.

Arizona's is gonna eat them alive.

Ticaldfjam on
  • DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    it's fucking weird how legitimately great the cardinals are, i've never seen them blowout any team let alone a division team with a back up.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    They made Matt return to "Lions" Matt.
    And no Derrick Henry to boot!

Rams definitely needed to trade for Von, especially since they can't stop the running game anymore.

Arizona's is gonna eat them alive.

Tennessee's defense was what controlled the game. Jeffery Simmons had 3 sacks in the first half which put Stafford on his back foot the rest of the game.

Von Miller isn't going to fix the Rams offensive line getting utterly dominated like that.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    How did Aikmen get the job? He's...terrible!

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    You mean former Dallas Cowboys quarterback, three time Super Bowl Champion, and telegenic Troy Aikman?

It is a mystery!

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »

My favorite this week, he was ranting about how Mahomes would regret a throw since Kelce was wide open and he missed him. When he was circling Kelce on the screen, my wife who doesn't like football and knows nothing about it, commented, "isn't there a green guy right next to the guy he circled?"...

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    edited November 2021
    Pailryder wrote: »

Same way Moose Johnston, Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith, Deion Sanders, and Jimmie Johnson got their NFL TV gigs

Captain Inertia on
    edited November 2021
    Telegenic Troy Aikman?

You mean BJ Blazkowicz?
    3ao53t01u7tk.png
    ztttfxj5xhaw.png

Captain Inertia on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    And twenty years ago he didn't look like a sixty yard elf with possible brain damage.

The question was how he got the job. How he keeps it is inertia and fear. FOX keeps him (and it would be him they yeet away) because people are just used to it (How long did they keep wheeling Madden out there?) and they're afraid that if they replace him they'll end up with somebody even worse.

Romo has changed the expected quality of these guys, but they won't make the change because it's a crapshoot.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    And twenty years ago he didn't look like a sixty yard elf with possible brain damage.

The question was how he got the job. How he keeps it is inertia and fear. FOX keeps him (and it would be him they yeet away) because people are just used to it (How long did they keep wheeling Madden out there?) and they're afraid that if they replace him they'll end up with somebody even worse.

Romo has changed the expected quality of these guys, but they won't make the change because it's a crapshoot.

I’m pretty sure that the Pats/Panthers broadcast yesterday has that colour guy talking about how Meyers was Jones’ favourite red zone target. Meyers holds the NFL record for most career receiving yards without a receiving TD.

So, yeah, I can see not wanting to boot someone who is at least recognizable without a solid plan in place.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    I make Aikman more fun by pretending he just doesn't give a fuck and is probably half drunk. Whether this is close to reality I don't know but I stopped expecting quality commentary from him a long time ago.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I saw state farm is sticking by Aaron Rodgers, which will probably hit their bottom line.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Romo is awful. I only really watch Bears games, so I've only heard him twice. The first game, he made a "just the tip" joke during a TD review. This year, he went on and on about the guy trading Brady's 600th TD ball for an indecent proposal with Brady's wife. Maybe the Bears make him horny, I dunno, but his energy every time I hear him is slimy.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I saw state farm is sticking by Aaron Rodgers, which will probably hit their bottom line.

tbh I think (unfortunately) it probably won't

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Mulletude wrote: »
    I make Aikman more fun by pretending he just doesn't give a fuck and is probably half drunk. Whether this is close to reality I don't know but I stopped expecting quality commentary from him a long time ago.

His unique shittiness on commentary gave us a gift that keeps on giving:

https://youtu.be/4RSPh-JnsBA

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    There's a football game happening.

Well, one side is playing football. The Bears, I don't know what the fuck they're playing.

Stolen joke...
    The Chicago Bears visited a local orphanage yesterday. "It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces, no happiness, no hope for the future, nothing but constant disappointment." said little Joey, age 6.

• crzyangocrzyango Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    That's 2 late hits on Fields not called in one sequence, but the rapist gets one for his own linesman getting shoved into him.

crzyango on
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    There's a football game happening.

Well, one side is playing football. The Bears, I don't know what the fuck they're playing.

Stolen joke...
    The Chicago Bears visited a local orphanage yesterday. "It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces, no happiness, no hope for the future, nothing but constant disappointment." said little Joey, age 6.

As a lifelong Bears fan, I resemble this joke.

• crzyangocrzyango Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Wow. Bears ain't good and definitely aren't my team, but the refs have definitely decided this one.

Edit: tried to decide. Wow, Chicago's D just imploded. Impressively.

crzyango on
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Oh thank Christ, I thought I was about to live through a week of hearing how maybe Matt Nagy shouldn't be canned.

• RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    Aikman sucked all the fun out of the Chiefs' SB comeback. He sounded ready to annoint Garappalo as his heir; a tall, bland, white, pocket QB riding the success of the defense and run game. As the tide turned, he just sounded more and more pissed and could barely manage a nice word about their play. Fuck that guy.

Apparently Howard Stern weighed in and said next time Aaron Rodgers gets hurt they should bring Joe Rogan out to help him and not medical staff.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Looks like Schefter can't help but be a craven bootlick, to maintain his ability to get inside information.

"Ok so here’s what happened last night while you were not watching the NFL media sausage get made: Dalvin Cook’s agent, Zac Hiller, wanted to get in front of a lawsuit filed last night in Minnesota alleging Dalvin Cook assaulted a former girlfriend, among other accusations."
    - Robert Klemko is a staff writer for WaPo.

The thread gets into it, but here's Schefter's first post on the Dalvin Cook story. He expands on it a little, in a heavily slanted way, but the thing people remember is the headline.

"Minnesota Vikings’ RB Dalvin Cook is the victim of domestic abuse and extortion – there’s pending litigation, according to his agent Zac Hiller."
    - Adam Schefter is a shitheel, and works for ESPN.

I don't know what happened with Cook. The details definitely make it seem murkier than some.

But that Schefter reported it like that, sets the groundwork for that to be the narrative, facts of the matter be damned.

And that he's doing it for the clickbait and to maintain his standing with Hiller, is fucking abominable. You want to be a PR flack for NFL players, go do that. But fuck off pretending your some kind of journalist.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    There is a screenshot floating around that is allegedly a snip from text messages between Cook and his girlfriend. I don’t have a link, but it’s on Twitter. In the exchange are some pictures of the woman with multiple bruises to her face.

I mean this tweet with what looks like a screenshot of a conversation tells a pretty damning tale.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    If that's real, it's pretty clear and damning.

Looks like he posted the text exchange to Twitter himself?

No, the text is in the lawsuit, Cook’s agent got Schefter to tweet out his version of events so that would be the narrative in advance of the lawsuit becoming public

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Its possible he feels bad regardless of whether or not it was justified. But its true it doesn't look good for him.

wbBv3fj.png
    I don't really use Twitter, just saw the blue checkmark next to his handle above the texts. Does Twitter do private messaging?

I guess for me is if the text message is true, it just looks bad he was remorseful and her face looks pretty fucked up. Not a lot of wiggle room for me in how that particular thing happened.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Oh yeah, I totally agree with you Preacher.

I just thought it looked like he posted it himself and don't think I get how Twitter works

Oh yeah, I totally agree with you Preacher.

I just thought it looked like he posted it himself and don't think I get how Twitter works

You'ld have to be a fucking moron to post clearly incriminating information to a public bulletin board.

He's an athlete that's paid to smash his head into other athletes.

Not like he's the cokehead failson of a moronic orange shitgibbon.

The further into the future we get the harder it is to realise that we put the wrong people on pedestals.

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Abusers routinely apologize for their abuse and once you let them back in they drop the "But" on you and the next thing you know you're agreeing that some of this was your fault.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I don't really use Twitter, just saw the blue checkmark next to his handle above the texts. Does Twitter do private messaging?

Yes it's called direct messaging (DMs) and it's just as dumb as posting them publicly.

Schefter has officially gone from shill to actual fucking monster. This is disgusting and I hope what's left of ESPN's staff that still have integrity don't stand for this. I hope Hannah Storm puts his face through a glass desk.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist