As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Denver Gets That Tall Pocket Passer They've Been Missing

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Someone summoned the spirit of the Lions.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    I wonder what that last play does for Moore's HC interviews this week.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    That may be the dumbest series of plays to end a game I've ever seen.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    That may be the dumbest series of plays to end a game I've ever seen.

I've watched a team (Rutgers) spike the ball on fourth down, so not there for me. But pretty dumb.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I get the idea of that play call, and really it almost worked but like all things cowboys the execution wasn't quite there.

The 49ers finally started blanketing the sideline so no more quick out routes, so you're basically trading one, possibly 2 hail mary attempts for a shot at a more focused play from the 20 yard line. Like, if they actually get that spike off their chances of somehow winning the game go way up, but of course there's the risk that you don't get the spike off and, well...

If Dak had slid even 3 yards earlier, or just handed the ball to the official instead of the center (why didn't he know to hand the ball to the official, Mike?), then that play looks like a genius call that gives them one real shot to win the game instead of just heaving up a prayer from midfield.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »

"Troy Aikman wishes he was in Dallas right now"
    - Dov Kleiman is someone, but the video is from the game.

Troy Aikman being pissy that he wasn't allowed to be in the booth at the Dallas game, and had to do the TB/PHI game instead...

I'm not sure I can take all that salt.

Will REALLY be funny if they either get smoked this week (and he misses out), or if he gets it next week and they get shat upon.

Now that would have been magical.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    All the Cowboys fans want to blame McCarthy but this is your standard Cowboys result every single year.
    All the blame lies with the fact that Jerry Jones uses his lich powers to drain the essence from the entire team in his unholy rituals to keep himself on the mortal plane.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Muppet John Madden
    Disney won't let you die.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

I mean they let Peyton and Eli call games all season, how much more Henson do you need?

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

how much are these? they don't have a price listed

I’m officially on board for a Nickelodeon game every week next season for the irreverent entertainment value. (I would also accept the proposed Muppets game)

LostNinja on
  • Options
    UrsusUrsus Registered User regular
    Did not expect Chiefs-shitsburgh to be scoreless this far in

• Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    Roethlisberger to his barber "gimme one of those fucked up haircuts from The Last Duel"

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »

I’m officially on board for a Nickelodeon game every week next season for the irreverent entertainment value. (I would also accept the proposed Muppets game)

I watch maybe a dozen football games a season (including all of wildcard weekend cause that's the best football) and I'm still not a football "knower"

last year the nickelodeon cast had the clearest explanation of offsides, versus encroachment, versus neutral zone infraction, versus false start that I've ever seen in my life.

All of these different penalties that are never ever ever explained in the normal national broadcast.

Sure, the explanation came from fucking Young Sheldon, but still, the pop up explanation of what you're actually watching was fucking great!

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »

More than anything else in football, I now want a version of the Super Bowl broadcast that has Statler and Waldorf heckling from the booth.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    NBC is 'up' for Dickhead.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm real torn between the obvious and correct choice of wanting the Steelers to lose so Roethlisberger never plays another game of football, and wanting them to win so he has to keep going out there are humiliating himself.

• Options
    With the first half winding down, Big Ben has thrown for 19 yards. Meanwhile, Kelce, McKinnon, and Hill all have receptions of at least twenty yards.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    That was an incredibly pretty pass.

And it's clear that one coaching staff is adjusting as rhe game plays out and one is being rigid as hell and sticking with a "gameplan".

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    That was an incredibly pretty pass.

And it's clear that one coaching staff is adjusting as rhe game plays out and one is being rigid as hell and sticking with a "gameplan".

One has the most dynamic and exciting QB to play the game and the other has a shriveled husk taking snaps.

• Options
    That's atrocious by the Steelers secondary.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Get rekt, Ben.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Big boi TD!

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Yesss, a big touchdown

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Yesss, a big touchdown

After a great block before he flared to the endzone.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Large Benjamin wishing there was a more competitive game the network could cut to right about now.

Time to send him up to a farm out in the country, where he gets to run all day.

• Options

I’ll say this for Reid, no one does a better job making big man TDs happen.

• Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    You know you're fucked when the TE throws a touchdown pass on your defense.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Xantomas wrote: »

Wonder how many people have a 40+ yard TD catch and a TD pass in the same playoff game?

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Gross paean to a rapist at the end of this game.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Gross paean to a rapist at the end of this game.

Glad they didn’t let him have the last touchdown at least. Fuck off Ben.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Xantomas wrote: »

Wonder how many people have a 40+ yard TD catch and a TD pass in the same playoff game?

Turns out Kelce the only one. Scott Van Pelt also just mentioned he's also the first person to catch a TD and pass for a TD while getting 100 recieving yards in a playoff game.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I heard Dallas fans were throwing trash onto the field after the game

I don’t see what the big deal is; Jerry Jones has been throwing trash out there for 20 years!

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    LCWXXXOPLCWXXXOP Registered User regular
    i dont think 9ers have the pass coverage to stop AR. OL will have to hold up but 9ers shouldnt be a problem. Deebo may test run D so could make for interesting game at least.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    LCWXXXOP wrote: »
    i dont think 9ers have the pass coverage to stop AR. OL will have to hold up but 9ers shouldnt be a problem. Deebo may test run D so could make for interesting game at least.

GB's offense is rarely the issue. GB's defense can be problematic, especially against good RBs and TEs. If Samuel (not technically their RB) and Kittle have good games, the Packers are going to struggle.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Didn’t watch the end of the game, did Romo have a PTSD breakdown watching Dallas fail to take advantage of a winnable playoff game?

• Options
    Didn’t watch the end of the game, did Romo have a PTSD breakdown watching Dallas fail to take advantage of a winnable playoff game?

He was certainly yelling in the booth.

I don’t think that it was so much “I want to see Dallas win” as “I hate seeing incompetency like this on a football field.”