As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Denver Gets That Tall Pocket Passer They've Been Missing

15960626465100

Posts

  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    "Ryan Tannehill hasn't thrown a pick in--"

    *Throws a pick*

    "Oh, well."

    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    A Dabble Of TheloniusTicaldfjamzepherinShadowenmaraji
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Bengals offensive line is having a bad time early. Yikes.

    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    zepherinShadowhope
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Everyone seems to be having a bad time early

    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    zepherin
  • XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    Burrow seems really good at getting sacked, does he always have such low escapability?

  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Xantomas wrote: »
    Burrow seems really good at getting sacked, does he always have such low escapability?

    It's in the name.

    CarpyXantomasLostNinjaH3Knuckles
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 22
    Tennessee, please, make me happy for once.

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Right now the two worst QBs left are playing each other.

  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Right now the two worst QBs left are playing each other.

    SF is still playing tonight

    tinwhiskerszepherin
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Right now the two worst QBs left are playing each other.

    SF is still playing tonight
    That is true. Who do I want least on my team Joe Burrow, Jimmy G or Tannehill?

  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    God fucking dammit, what a swing.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Carpy wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Right now the two worst QBs left are playing each other.

    SF is still playing tonight
    That is true. Who do I want least on my team Joe Burrow, Jimmy G or Tannehill?

    Burrow is gonna be pretty fucking good in the years to come...can't say I agree with your assessment on him.

    Now Jimmy G and Tannehill, sure

    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
    Atlas in ChainsRedTideLostNinjamaraji
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Carpy wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Right now the two worst QBs left are playing each other.

    SF is still playing tonight
    That is true. Who do I want least on my team Joe Burrow, Jimmy G or Tannehill?

    Out of those three you'd want Burrow the most. Tannehill and Jimmy G are kind of a six of one, half dozen of the other comparison.

  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Man everytime he throws it's terrifying now

    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Yeah but Burrow has a slow release and isn’t mobile, which makes him the most sacked QB in the league and he’s been intercepted as much as Tannehill.

  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Yeah but Burrow has a slow release and isn’t mobile, which makes him the most sacked QB in the league and he’s been intercepted as much as Tannehill.

    He's as good or better than those two right now and has a higher ceiling. You already know what you've got with Tannehill and Jimmy.

    MulletudeRedTide
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Holy shit

    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Ticaldfjam
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    As a Niner fan, here's Jimmy's pros and cons:

    + Great release on a first read. Snap to throw if his first read is open is like 2 seconds.
    + Super accurate on short and intermediate throws over the middle
    + Never holds onto mistakes. Throws a pick? He's right back at it the next drive and often scores when he does.

    - Awful on sideline throws. His footwork is bad and he tries to power the ball with his upper body. Deep bombs? Get the fuck out of here.
    - Turnover prone because he loves to airmail balls. Throws a lot of high passes good for getting receivers killed.
    - You're only gonna get about a half of good play out of him. I've not seen him put a full 60 minutes together this year.
    - Seemingly incapable of throwing the ball away to avoid a sack.

    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    AJ!!!!

    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    You want Burrow behind a better offensive line.

    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    CarpyTicaldfjamRedTideBlackDragon480maraji
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Well crap, Ambry Thomas is out tonight. Expect Rodgers/Adams to shred the ghost of Josh Norman tonight. Should've bet the over on Adams' receiving yards.

    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Refs with a huge call there
    My money agrees with them but definitely have seen less controversial catches ruled incomplete
    Especially when the receiver drags the ball along the ground like that

    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Refs with a huge call there
    My money agrees with them but definitely have seen less controversial catches ruled incomplete
    Especially when the receiver drags the ball along the ground like that

    My gut is incomplete but it's the playoffs so I'm happy to go with "Too cool to overturn"

    BlackDragon480Pailryder
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Lol what was burrow doing holding onto the ball there

    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Those tackles are killing me inside.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited January 23
    WTF why was that ball not given to Henry


    Edit: Oh noooo

    dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Lol brilliant

  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    As a Niner fan, here's Jimmy's pros and cons:

    + Great release on a first read. Snap to throw if his first read is open is like 2 seconds.
    + Super accurate on short and intermediate throws over the middle
    + Never holds onto mistakes. Throws a pick? He's right back at it the next drive and often scores when he does.

    - Awful on sideline throws. His footwork is bad and he tries to power the ball with his upper body. Deep bombs? Get the fuck out of here.
    - Turnover prone because he loves to airmail balls. Throws a lot of high passes good for getting receivers killed.
    - You're only gonna get about a half of good play out of him. I've not seen him put a full 60 minutes together this year.
    - Seemingly incapable of throwing the ball away to avoid a sack.

    In regards to two of those negatives. Joe Burrow gets sacked way more than Jimmy 51 sacks vs 29, and throws more interceptions 14 vs 12.

    And Jimmy is more efficient at getting first downs.

    But Joe throws the ball more. Because Cincinnati can’t block for shit.

    Ticaldfjam
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Titans are 0-2 in the Divisional Round as the #1 Seed. Shooting for 0-3.

    zepherinBlackDragon480H3Knuckles
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    WTF why was that ball not given to Henry


    Edit: Oh noooo

    So they could give it to him on fourth with a worse playcall.

    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    WTF why was that ball not given to Henry


    Edit: Oh noooo

    "we've got the best RB in the sport and a quarter of a yard to go -- give it to Henry?"
    "nah that's exactly what they expect us to do. Let's give it to our tall white QB that runs like a two-legged giraffe"
    "but that's idiotic"
    "exactly -- they'll never expect it."

    zepherinBlackDragon480
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Jimmy wouldn’t have gotten sacked there.

  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I guess on the plus side it looks like Tennessee can do whatever it wants to do that o-line.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
    Shadowhope
  • XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    If one of these Titans beats Derrick Thomas' single game sack record of 7 I'm going to be extremely unhappy!

    BlackDragon480
  • jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Neither of these teams deserve to win

    zepherin
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I guess on the plus side it looks like Tennessee can do whatever it wants to do that o-line.

    What o-line?

    Nine now.

    Remember, safety is everyone's concern. We have gone five days without a workplace death.
    zepherin
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Burrow and getting sacked, name a more memorable duo.


    Jesus Christ...

    zepherinShadowhope
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Lions Online is Superior compared to the Bengals.

    But, cheapskate Mike Brown..

  • XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    lol, why is the Titan's mascot a raccoon and not some giant warrior dude?

  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Xantomas wrote: »
    lol, why is the Titan's mascot a raccoon and not some giant warrior dude?

    Apparently it's at least partly because (and I wish I was making this up) the raccoon is the state animal of Tennessee.

    steam_sig.png
    XantomasH3Knuckles
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Burrow's gonna wake up screaming tonight with flashes of Titans players swarming him.

    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    Ticaldfjam
Sign In or Register to comment.