As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Denver Gets That Tall Pocket Passer They've Been Missing

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Week twelve maps

Not many good options. Baton Rouge gets Pittsburgh/Cincinnati because college affiliation. Which is probably better than the other options anyway.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I don't think you can look at data that way to determine who is and is not getting calls. It's not exactly a random event, it's largely under the defender's control. You wouldn't expect taunting to be evenly spread, it goes where the dumb players are. You have to assess each QB hit and grade the call, like an MLB score keeper judging errors.
    There’s enough data to be able to make a reasonable analysis. So you’d need a baseline team that plays the patriots a lot. AFC East. For statistical analysis you’d take each of those teams 3 teams 2 games a year for 11 years (2008-2019) determine their base rate of roughing the passer, then their roughing the passer rate when playing the patriots during the Tom Brady’s time. That should give a reasonable conclusion of propensity for roughing the passer.

I suspect that the data is about the same as the global data. But I don’t have my laptop right now so it’ll just be supposition.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Played Hurts over Wentz and Cordarelle Pattz is on my bench.

Goodbye playoff berth. Farewell.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Was decorating the tree with the kids and we only broke one bulb today.

It was my Lions one, naturally.

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Was decorating the tree with the kids and we only broke one bulb today.

It was my Lions one, naturally.

If it was a proper Lions bulb, it would have been broken already.

In my cash league I have 5 players in bye on my bench. When I designed my team I kinda just planned on an L this week.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular

Najee Harris instead of Cord btw. So, even better. With his 1.7 points

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    edited November 2021
    Wanna thank the Ti-toons for jobbing out, and the Colts for just cratering, to allow the Pats and Bucs to continue a run for an almost certain playoff berth.

Thankfully, the Bengals spiked seeing the Steelers stumble assbackwards into the playoffs.

EDIT- I'd hope the Vikings made a run over the Packers, but as much as Rodgers is a dick, I just have an irrational fucking hate for Cousins. "You like that? YOU LIKE THAT?". No, Kirk, I don't.

MorganV on
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular

Najee Harris instead of Cord btw. So, even better. With his 1.7 points

I have Taylor and until their last drive he had under 4 points which was oof

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    Wanna thank the Ti-toons for jobbing out, and the Colts for just cratering, to allow the Pats and Bucs to continue a run for an almost certain playoff berth.

Thankfully, the Bengals spiked seeing the Steelers stumble assbackwards into the playoffs.

EDIT- I'd hope the Vikings made a run over the Packers, but as much as Rodgers is a dick, I just have an irrational fucking hate for Cousins. "You like that? YOU LIKE THAT?". No, Kirk, I don't.

I'd say the same but as a Vikings fan I feel my hate for Cousins is perfectly rational.

Matt Stafford doing Matt Stafford stuff

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    You can take the boy out of the Lions, but not the Lion out of the boy.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

One of the least descriptive sentences possible for those of us not watching. It could be almost literally anything!

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.

One of the least descriptive sentences possible for those of us not watching. It could be almost literally anything!
    It is literally anything. Pick six, strip sack, throws that should be pick sixes, TD bombs, you name it.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »

It is literally anything. Pick six, strip sack, throws that should be pick sixes, TD bombs, you name it.

Getting injured and getting paid too much?

Getting injured and getting paid too much?

Well, duh.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    Grey Cup playoffs are more entertaining.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular

Matthew Stafford is the first quarterback with a pick-6 in three straight games since Matt Schaub did it in 4 straight in 2013, per @ESPNStatsInfo

Brett Farve is the Brett Farve of Brett Farve.

Oklahoma coach is going to USC. (Too slow, Meyer!) So reports are that Oklahoma is interested in Kliff Kingsbury.

This just in: All coaches ever now rumoured for all jobs. Vince Lombardi has signaled his interest.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    To be fair, the entire Ram's team seems out of it. Sounds like OBJ is hurt and they apparently don't have any depth at WR.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Supergenius Sean McVay calling a run play on 3rd down, no timeouts, down two scores with less than 30 seconds is just... what?

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    To be fair, the entire Ram's team seems out of it. Sounds like OBJ is hurt and they apparently don't have any depth at WR.

OBJ was never the answer. He's like the Kyrie Irving of the NFL.

Supergenius Sean McVay calling a run play on 3rd down, no timeouts, down two scores with less than 30 seconds is just... what?
    The Rams play calling was not great all game.

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular

Losing in Green Bay yet again.

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

OBJ prior to going to Cleveland was actually well liked by fellow players and mostly ran afoul of management, I honestly haven't kept track since he was traded so no idea if it changed.

Kyrie basically polarizes people between them buying into his conspiracy bullshit or just quickly fed up with him despite his talent. And it's been that way on at least three teams now. I can't think of an active pro athlete that is at that level of locker room cancer right now besides him.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

OBJ prior to going to Cleveland was actually well liked by fellow players and mostly ran afoul of management, I honestly haven't kept track since he was traded so no idea if it changed.

Kyrie basically polarizes people between them buying into his conspiracy bullshit or just quickly fed up with him despite his talent. And it's been that way on at least three teams now. I can't think of an active pro athlete that is at that level of locker room cancer right now besides him.

By all accounts I've heard he's still really popular in the locker room. The issue is just that Baker isn't good and the few throws he is alright at aren't the routes Beckham runs. Like for multiple weeks after the trade OBJ was still the Browns third best receiver in yardage.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    how come lamar has 3 picks

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    how come lamar has 3 picks

well he keeps throwing the ball to the wrong team

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    when the other team gives up 4 picks and you still manage to lose the game thats a'brown'e

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Carpy wrote: »

Matthew Stafford is the first quarterback with a pick-6 in three straight games since Matt Schaub did it in 4 straight in 2013, per @ESPNStatsInfo

Rams play the Jaguars next week, and the Jags run defense is for shit (as is their pass defense), but it's Stafford, so I put the chance he'll get picked at 50%.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Watched too much NFL this weekend and thus was subjected to a ton of highly questionable coaching. Obviously Baker is injured to the point where I can't see why Keenum isn't starting, and the Colts game plan was just bizarre. They were so afraid of Tampa's run defense that Wentz had 44 passing attempts but Taylor only had 8 touches until their second-to-last possession. That possession they marched down the field easily, giving Taylor 8 more touches for almost 60 yards and a touchdown.

I don't know if Wentz was just passing on every RPO play he was given or what but it sure looks like they blew that game by failing to give the league's leading rusher (and borderline MVP candidate) the rock for no discernible reason.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    did this really not get a flag?
    #AaronDonald Caught Choking A #GoPackGo Offensive Lineman

Pailryder wrote: »

Maybe the ref didn't see it?
    Yes, I watched the clip. Yes, that's the joke.

SUPERGENIUS Beav tests positive. Will not be on the sideline on Thursday.

SUPERGENIUS Beav tests positive. Will not be on the sideline on Thursday.

So.... that's a plus for the Cowboys, right?

Dumb joke - If he runs too close to where the kicker is practicing on the sidelines and gets tangled up, would that make him a net positive?

That choke had the other lineman tapping out.

GB was flagged for holding on that play

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

GB was flagged for holding on that play

Poor dude was just holding his breath :( man that's tough.

Psn:wazukki
    Aaron Donald is a player that is fun and media popular so he gets away with playing dirty as shit.

The Clay Matthews effect

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg