As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Denver Gets That Tall Pocket Passer They've Been Missing

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Gyral wrote: »
    Step aside Urban, Dan Campbell wants to jump to the top of the dumbass coach list.
    Dan Campbell had some interesting things to say in his presser today🧐

“Coffee doesn’t get the job done anymore. I’ve progressed to harder stuff. It’s been snowing in Allen Park. I’ll have to leave it at that.”

smash cut to Peter Griffin "He means cocaine, folks." *childish giggle*

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    That Dan Campbell quote isn't real, right? Like I don't think even an NFL head coach would be dumb enough to say that to a reporter.

steam_sig.png
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    "I need to get away from the Ford's, this is my cry for help"

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

“I tried blinking twice, but you all ignored it.”

maraji wrote: »

“I tried blinking twice, but you all ignored it.”

"My fingernails are buried in this podium, my soul is buried on the 50 yard line of that shit hole"

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    chrisnl wrote: »
    That Dan Campbell quote isn't real, right? Like I don't think even an NFL head coach would be dumb enough to say that to a reporter.

If he was high at the time?

This is the coach who responded to questions about what he was going to do with the team by going on a diatribe about he wanted them to have the kind of spirit to commit unnecessary roughness on a regular basis ('biting kneecaps'), so he has a history of proudly declaring that he's going to violate rules to the media.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Six wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »
    There is some question about why a dome isn't a fully enclosed building. Ask the Seattle Mariners.

Ventilation. If it’s fully enclosed you need to move air through and out the building. If it’s not you do not(as much)

Also it’s entirely unnecessary to delay for lightning. Lightning isnt going to come through the sides of the building any more than it’s going to come through a window.
    Six wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    The Seattle Mariners do not have a dome, they have a retractable roof that they close when bad weather is expected

I do not know whether or not they delay games for lightning though

They’ve had a delay for rain.

They delay until they can close the roof. Roof policy is to not close unless it’s clear it’s necessary so if the rain starts during the game it’s possible to have a small delay

There has been one actual delay because the roof failed to close during a significant downpour. So you know. Roofs work when the roof works

If you can’t see what’s funny about a stadium with a roof having a rain delay then I don’t know what to tell you. It’s very on brand for the Mariners.

The stadium did not have a roof when it had a rain delay…
    chrisnl wrote: »

The quote is indeed, not real.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Edit: am I expected to read now or something

Captain Inertia on
    Goumindong wrote: »

The quote is indeed, not real.

Darn.

• RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    Stephon Gilmore getting released by the Patriots. Heavy breathing in Kansas City intensifies.

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Stephon Gilmore getting released by the Patriots. Heavy breathing in Kansas City intensifies.

If he goes to Tampa, the conspiracy theorists will go nuts.

And they won't be wrong.

MorganV wrote: »

If he goes to Tampa, the conspiracy theorists will go nuts.

And they won't be wrong.

Tampa I’m sure would love to get him, but I have the impression he wants to (rightfully) get paid and will go to the highest bidder.

I don’t think Tampa is able to do that unless his market is way weaker than expected.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Should I drop Joe Burrow for Daniel Jones for my backup QB?

zepherin wrote: »

I think Burrow is good BUT the Bengals have 5 AFCN games and their full slate of the surprisingly good AFCW left, with Green Bay, Lions, Niners and the Jets to round it out

The Giants have 5 remaining NFCE games, 3 vs the tough AFCW, plus Rams, Bucs, Dolphins, and Bears

That’s 11 tough defenses for Burrow and 8 for Jones

I think Burrow is good BUT the Bengals have 5 AFCN games and their full slate of the surprisingly good AFCW left, with Green Bay, Lions, Niners and the Jets to round it out

The Giants have 5 remaining NFCE games, 3 vs the tough AFCW, plus Rams, Bucs, Dolphins, and Bears

That’s 11 tough defenses for Burrow and 8 for Jones

If the Giants have any sense at all (debatable) their offense should be way opened up going forward (the biggest reason they're not 3-1 was flat out bad play calling against the Falcons and WFT), so his numbers should be on the uptick.

Please don’t double check my math I can’t figure out why the Giants only have a 16 game schedule either

Please don’t double check my math I can’t figure out why the Giants only have a 16 game schedule either

Ghosts did it

edited October 2021

Ghosts did it

Nobody tell Sam Darnold

Captain Inertia on
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular

Daniel Jones always has the chance to break a big run too

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Wait did he just say he was snorting coke? Or is there some other snow based stimulant?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Was a fake quote, obviously, you dummies.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.

I mean that its feasible I think speaks badly on the NFL.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2021

I mean, it is Campbell. And I wouldn't had put it past him, if that quote was real.

Plus , "The Ford's" !!!

Ticaldfjam on
    edited October 2021

I believe in Campbell’s corniness enough to believe he really did say it as a fairly amusing joke

Also he’s by far the most likely coach to be into gourmet protein powders/etc, your Guacamole Gamer Fart 9000s, things of that nature

Captain Inertia on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I don't think "I snort cocaine" is a corny enough joke when a lot of people would easily believe that you -- and a lot of other coaches -- snort cocaine.

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah it’s a Lion’s coach, there isn’t benefit of the doubt here.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Amazon begins broadcasting TNF tomorrow night. So there are options if you do not wish to suffer the FOX-based programme.

Amazon begins broadcasting TNF tomorrow night. So there are options if you do not wish to suffer the FOX-based programme.

What's worse fox personalities or twitch personalites. Oh god its like sophies choice.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited October 2021
    Preacher wrote: »

What's worse fox personalities or twitch personalites. Oh god its like sophies choice.

How much we want to bet Seattle gets a local blackout if you try to watch tommorrow's Rams V Hawk's game, outside of Amazon prime?

Wouldn't shock me if Amazon pulled that dick move on locals within Seattle. They have been whiny as hell, protesting being in Seattle as of late.

Ticaldfjam on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    That would be funny as hell tbh, but I doubt Amazon's contract with the NFL includes spite blackouts.

Ticaldfjam wrote: »

How much we want to bet Seattle gets a local blackout if you try to watch tommorrow's Rams V Hawk's game, outside of Amazon prime?

Wouldn't shock me if Amazon pulled that dick move on locals within Seattle. They have been whiny as hell, protesting being in Seattle as of late.

Would be a mercy with how badly the rams are about to murder the hawks.

pleasepaypreacher.net

Nope. Because Sophie's Choice is about a hard decision between two horrible options, but you're still getting something you desperately want.

In this case, I'd be happy choosing neither.

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Aqib Talib said, "Allen Robinson, 50/50 balls." That was an entire thought, beginning to end, during the Bears/Lions game. No elaboration, no further thoughts, just Allen Robinson, 50/50 balls.

The sad thing is, I know exactly what he meant. Football broadcasts are so damn repetitive that the color analyst could be a soundboard with cliches loaded up. I don't think I can handle another game called by Talib, it might push me over the edge.

• tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular

Shows how smart of a coach Tomlin is. Because every press guy is going to see that. And while I think Pittsburg would be dumb to hang "we kept the decrepit QB around for yet another season" on him, you never know. Now PA media will pump him up if he wants to stay, and if he wants to go somewhere the locals will be a booster for him.

Also enjoy BB giving a 10 minute long answer on "Long Snapper Why?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrvELlakyOk

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
    Foobaw is on.

The Seahawks choice of uniform is fitting.

If Aikman's gonna make my ears bleed, Seahawks get to make my eyes bleed.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    ohh its an amazon game
    now i gotta make a decision between basebaw and footbaw

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    lol picks eerywhere

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    MorganV wrote: »
    Foobaw is on.

The Seahawks choice of uniform is fitting.

If Aikman's gonna make my ears bleed, Seahawks get to make my eyes bleed.
    North "Oregon Ducks" indeed.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.