As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV]: Endwalker, early access December 3rd. There's a free trial. Use spoiler tags!

13537394041

Posts

  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Since the Woundrous Tails reset is tomorrow, just a reminder that you can hold this week's(as in tomorrow's) book to turn in after Endwalker starts.

    I think they said that the exp from this one won't apply experience though. I'll sit on it because why not, but...

  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I'm barely going to finish catching up despite starting 6 months prior. I just have one more bridge story dungeon to go, but I've done all the side 8 and 24 person raids with a good number of job quests.

  • NeveronNeveron SwedenRegistered User regular
    they had more lore on Odin in Eureka I want to say? I haven't done the Eureka story myself though
    Yes - Odin is one of the weapons created by Eureka, and the only one (we know of) not contained in the Baldesion Arsenal.
    Very mild Bozja/Eureka/Crystal Tower spoilers:
    It's not hard confirmed, but it's pretty likely that Save the Queen is a Eureka weapon. They even considered making Odin a required questline for Bozja at one point.

    Also, of course, there's probably some more Eureka weapons in the other other Eureka (the weapon storage basement in the Crystal Tower (it's the one from FF3, briefly mentioned in Hydatos)) but that's not terribly relevant since the only person who could possibly open it up is G'raha and he's not likely to do that any time soon.

  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    So wait, what's the planning with Khloe's journal? Hand in last week's, fill out this week's and only hand it in after 6.0 is live?

  • NeveronNeveron SwedenRegistered User regular
    Khloe's journal has a deadline of two weeks, and 6.0 is in nine days.

    Last week's journal runs out before 6.0, but this week's journal can be cashed in during 6.0 for half a level (probably Reaper/Sage, if you want to get to 71 ASAP to start powerlevelling for the MSQ).

    Aldo
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    You can hold on to this week's book (due 12/7), then turn it in on 12/3, accept a new book (due 12/14 if you pick it up next week), fill out 9 stickers on that, and turn in that for a total of one level combined between both books. Or if you don't want to take time away from Endwalker opening weekend tasks to go run those 9 other stickers, then you're free to either hold onto this one until then, or turn this one in now and fill out your Endwalker book with the new one next Tuesday.

  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Huzzah, placed 9th in the Triple Triad tournament. Placing at all was basically impossible under the old system so I'm happy to see the changes since then have made the playing field a lot more even. I'm much more motivated to collect cards now.

    My winnings were all duplicates of course but that's just to be expected. Of the Platinum exclusive cards I'm only missing Tidus and Firion. Everything else I either have or can get elsewhere, though some I'd prefer not to (Nanamo).

  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    I thought i was gonna finish the ShB patch stuff yesterday...stayed up way too late only to realize I wasn't even close. We did the thing I was expecting, but now there are multiple new plots I wasn't expecting and I have no idea how much more there is to go. This game is amazing.

    And now, some drafts:

    Gaia is just Kristen Ritter in a goth maid outfit, and it's wonderful.

    Anyone know if there's a controller shortcut for adjusting the camera angle? I finally found the setting for it, but it would nice if I could change it on the fly a little easier. Nothing I've tried worked and google is typically useless.

    Didgeridoo
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What do you mean by angle? How zoomed in or out it is? That's hold down L1 and move the right stick forward and back

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the right stick controls the camera right? do you mean a snap behind back button?

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited November 23
    The literal angle. The default angle places your character basically in the middle of your screen, which can make it hard to see, say, really tall bosses, even fully zoomed out. I think the default is 30 or 35 degrees.

    I changed it to 45 or 50, so my character is closer to the bottom of the screen, allowing me to see more of whats in front of me.

    But for certain situations I'd like to adjust it back down. It would be nice if I didn't have to open the menu and find the setting every time.

    Edit: on keyboard the setting is ctrl+up/down i believe, which is wonderful and simple...but I can't find a comparable shortcut for controller.

    hatedinamerica on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 23
    ah, I remember there's a slider for camera height in the options somewhere it sounds like you found already, but I can't recall a hotkey to change it easily on the fly even on KBAM. edit: oh I guess there is one, ok then.

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Wait, you can raise the camera anchor point? Tilting the camera is second nature, but I'm forever having to go low angle to target big bosses and aetherytes I'm too close to. I might have to check that out.

    m44li7vqs3f7.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    LET THE REVELS

    BEGIN

    manwiththemachinegun
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Huh, I had no idea you could do that. Almost like this menu is not intuitively set up

    Echo
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Wait, you can raise the camera anchor point? Tilting the camera is second nature, but I'm forever having to go low angle to target big bosses and aetherytes I'm too close to. I might have to check that out.

    Yeah. Literally no one uses it, but it's there.

  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I've heard some people who play Lalafell say they use it since their default camera angle is a bit low, but that's about it.

    FFXIV: Agran Trask
    Billiardball
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited November 23
    Skeith wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Since the Woundrous Tails reset is tomorrow, just a reminder that you can hold this week's(as in tomorrow's) book to turn in after Endwalker starts.

    I think they said that the exp from this one won't apply experience though. I'll sit on it because why not, but...

    You're right: 0 exp from this one! So there's no specific reason to save it up till past Dec 3. bwomp bwomp.

    Aldo on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh really, where did they say that?

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Huh, I had no idea you could do that. Almost like this menu is not intuitively set up

    This is no joke. Any time I want to change an option it takes 5 minutes to find it. They need to change how system/character configuration work, it needs a search bar up top.

    m44li7vqs3f7.png
    Crippl3EchoGrey GhostTheySlashThem
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Skeith wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Since the Woundrous Tails reset is tomorrow, just a reminder that you can hold this week's(as in tomorrow's) book to turn in after Endwalker starts.

    I think they said that the exp from this one won't apply experience though. I'll sit on it because why not, but...

    You're right: 0 exp from this one! So there's no specific reason to save it up till past Dec 3. bwomp bwomp.

    Are you by any chance looking at it while on a maxed out job?

  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Skeith wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Since the Woundrous Tails reset is tomorrow, just a reminder that you can hold this week's(as in tomorrow's) book to turn in after Endwalker starts.

    I think they said that the exp from this one won't apply experience though. I'll sit on it because why not, but...

    You're right: 0 exp from this one! So there's no specific reason to save it up till past Dec 3. bwomp bwomp.

    Are you by any chance looking at it while on a maxed out job?

    ....

    Oh yes I am. Huh that's confusing.

  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The assumption is that once the currently level 80 jobs can once again accrue experience, youll be able to hand in a completed Wondrous Tails to get a bit of a head-start before diving into Endwalker content. This is currently neither confirmed nor denied, all of the 'stuff to do before Endwalker' has been compiled by the playerbase and SE hasn't actually given any kind of to-do list

  • BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    I've heard some people who play Lalafell say they use it since their default camera angle is a bit low, but that's about it.

    There's a bunch of stuff that ends up out of frame on a Lala even if you're at max distance, yeah.

    I raised it up a while back and it's been fine since.

    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    My WT book says it expires on the 30th, how do I get one of those ones that expires on the 7th

  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    My WT book says it expires on the 30th, how do I get one of those ones that expires on the 7th

    Turn in your current one and then pick up this week's book from Khole.

    FFXIV: Agran Trask
    Skeith
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Javen wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Wait, you can raise the camera anchor point? Tilting the camera is second nature, but I'm forever having to go low angle to target big bosses and aetherytes I'm too close to. I might have to check that out.

    Yeah. Literally no one uses it, but it's there.

    Oh shit, I’ve been wishing for that for literal years. It’s one of the things I feel is just really bad with the default values, when the camera position has your character as the central pivot you can never really get good views, because… you’ll by definitiion always be centered on the character. That’s why a lot of games have it move up above the character when you’re zoomed out and move down closer to the character as you zoom in.

  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Gritting my teeth through these fuckin Hildibrand quests just to get an emote

    Shenl742
  • TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Edit: on keyboard the setting is ctrl+up/down i believe, which is wonderful and simple...but I can't find a comparable shortcut for controller.

    Not quite as convenient as a shortcut, but you could make macros to do it. The command is /tiltcamera, takes a value from 0 to 100. You could put a few presets on an out-of-combat hotbar.

    3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
    hatedinamericaSeptus
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, that's a good idea. I haven't really messed with macros yet, so that would probably be a good one to start with.

  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    The assumption is that once the currently level 80 jobs can once again accrue experience, youll be able to hand in a completed Wondrous Tails to get a bit of a head-start before diving into Endwalker content. This is currently neither confirmed nor denied, all of the 'stuff to do before Endwalker' has been compiled by the playerbase and SE hasn't actually given any kind of to-do list

    Well, if it doesn’t, you can still use it on the new jobs, as those start at 70.

    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    I use the camera tilt. granted I am a lalafell, but I put it up for screenshots to get more of my character in the shot, then back down for regular encounters so I can actually see shit

  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    5.1 complete
    Um, I'm sorry, but what the hell?! Ardbert? How in the world? What did Elidibus do?

    And who's this fucker chatting with Zenos? Kinda dressed like an Ascian but maybe not? Zenos was interested in the color of their soul and they weren't actually wearing a mask.

    BahamutZERODidgeridoo
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I appreciate Madican going through the 5.x content because it gives me a backseat tour for all the stuff I’ve forgotten that’s gonna be relevant next week.

    FC: 1435-5383-0883
    BahamutZEROBloodsheed
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    5.1 complete
    Um, I'm sorry, but what the hell?! Ardbert? How in the world? What did Elidibus do?

    And who's this fucker chatting with Zenos? Kinda dressed like an Ascian but maybe not? Zenos was interested in the color of their soul and they weren't actually wearing a mask.

    It's fun reading your reactions going through things. It's not fun not being able to say anything for fear of spoiling something.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    BahamutZEROSkeithkimeEchoAngelHedgie
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Don’t read, Madican:
    I still don’t really get how Elidibus was able to use Ardbert’s body. The crew killed themselves to travel to the Source in spirit form. And then 100-odd years passed in Norvrandt between then and the events of Shadowbringers. Unless someone thought to preserve the bodies in some stable location for all that time, you’d think Ardbert’s body would be dust and/or bones by now.

    Maybe the Ascians set something up with them as a plan B, even though they were planning an immediate Rejoining at the time.

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Don’t read, Madican:
    I still don’t really get how Elidibus was able to use Ardbert’s body. The crew killed themselves to travel to the Source in spirit form. And then 100-odd years passed in Norvrandt between then and the events of Shadowbringers. Unless someone thought to preserve the bodies in some stable location for all that time, you’d think Ardbert’s body would be dust and/or bones by now.

    Maybe the Ascians set something up with them as a plan B, even though they were planning an immediate Rejoining at the time.
    presumably elidibus kept his body in storage from when he first made the deal with them to send their souls to the source, not sure why the other warriors' bodies were out and about as sin eaters though, maybe he didn't bother keeping theirs. Remember they were just souls, like the Scions other than the WoL are on the First, both on the Source and once they came back.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • NeveronNeveron SwedenRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Don’t read, Madican:
    I still don’t really get how Elidibus was able to use Ardbert’s body. The crew killed themselves to travel to the Source in spirit form. And then 100-odd years passed in Norvrandt between then and the events of Shadowbringers. Unless someone thought to preserve the bodies in some stable location for all that time, you’d think Ardbert’s body would be dust and/or bones by now.

    Maybe the Ascians set something up with them as a plan B, even though they were planning an immediate Rejoining at the time.
    presumably elidibus kept his body in storage from when he first made the deal with them to send their souls to the source, not sure why the other warriors' bodies were out and about as sin eaters though, maybe he didn't bother keeping theirs. Remember they were just souls, like the Scions other than the WoL are on the First, both on the Source and once they came back.
    All of them were buried in Kholusia a hundred years ago, IIRC.

    As for why they're preserved, I have to assume that it's a Sin Eater/Ascian thing.

  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    Don’t read, Madican:
    I still don’t really get how Elidibus was able to use Ardbert’s body. The crew killed themselves to travel to the Source in spirit form. And then 100-odd years passed in Norvrandt between then and the events of Shadowbringers. Unless someone thought to preserve the bodies in some stable location for all that time, you’d think Ardbert’s body would be dust and/or bones by now.

    Maybe the Ascians set something up with them as a plan B, even though they were planning an immediate Rejoining at the time.
    presumably elidibus kept his body in storage from when he first made the deal with them to send their souls to the source, not sure why the other warriors' bodies were out and about as sin eaters though, maybe he didn't bother keeping theirs. Remember they were just souls, like the Scions other than the WoL are on the First, both on the Source and once they came back.
    All of them were buried in Kholusia a hundred years ago, IIRC.

    As for why they're preserved, I have to assume that it's a Sin Eater/Ascian thing.
    Also I might be misremembering, but I think in the scene where Emet-Selch goads Varis into shooting him he mentions that the Ascians can mold the bodies they take? He was just using the clones because they were convenient. Like a takeout meal instead of making dinner yourself!

    So I guess Elidibus could have snatched a random body and molded it to look like Ardbert.

    KanakimeSkeith
Sign In or Register to comment.