Options

[FFXIV]: Endwalker! Game sales resume Jan. 25th. USE SPOILER TAGS.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Finally bit the bullet and resubbed to get the FF15 stuff done.

I have learned that I suck at relearning RDM when my keybindings are all over the place, past me WTF were you doing, and also it is entirely possible to have a small questline with Noctis and learn absolutely nothing about him because no one says anything specific and then suddenly Garuda is here to kick my ass.

I managed to beat the fight, Noctis went back to the Land of Forgotten Titles, and I bought myself a sweet new flying car plus hair style I will never use. And a Triple Triad card.

Tomorrow is rebinding some keys and then I pick up the MSQ proper.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Also, don't forget to do the FATE three times so you can afford all six orchestrion rolls before they go back in the Disney Vault.

• Options
    The mech FATE? How often does that one spawn, since I happened on it once in the opening of Noctis quest then had to leave to do the rest.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    It's semi-frequent. I just hang around there if it's not active and Noctis shows up after a few to several minutes.

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    That jacket is perfect to build a MNK glam around.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the fact that it's dyeable should also help mitigate how much you're going to see it lmao

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Well

crap, guess its grind time again cause I need that coat.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The bonewicca gear is also a pretty nice get. I hear horror stories of trying to get drops from Swallow's Compass.

• Options
    My rediscovery of RDM buttons can best be summarized as confused Jack Skellington. "What's this? What's this? That icon's shining there. What's this? Where'd past me put Verflare?"

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    My rediscovery of RDM buttons can best be summarized as confused Jack Skellington. "What's this? What's this? That icon's shining there. What's this? Where'd past me put Verflare?"

A Ver-ry good question.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    The bonewicca gear is also a pretty nice get. I hear horror stories of trying to get drops from Swallow's Compass.

It is the preferred dungeon for grinding out the last artifact step. I managed to get the whole tank set while doing my PLD one and I've got bits and pieces of all the others.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    The little Dracula capelet on the bonewicca caster armor has been the dependable foundation of many a BLM glam.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    i am not too ashamed to admit that i have only just now realized Surecast has knockback prevention on it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    ...wait, what else does it do

Makes you cast something fo sho

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    ...wait, what else does it do

Prevents cast interruption from damage.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Moogle Tomestones means it's time to get back on my pvp bullshit. Might do normal raids too, still working on a relic step. I can't do MSQ Roulette anymore though. If I still had classes to level then the xp would be worth it, but I don't, so no thank you.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    my wincount for frontlines is in the 70s, so maybe I can get some good progress towards that war steed from this. most of the tome sources are... not great. none of the ARR raids are really worth farming for gear glams, though I still don't have the lota healing chest.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    i am not too ashamed to admit that i have only just now realized Surecast has knockback prevention on it

Arms Length has a slow effect if you're struck while it's active!

Arms Length is a mitigation cooldown!

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

DRG tank viable

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »

DRG tank viable

We've been tanking the floor this long, clearly we've picked up some tricks

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    my wincount for frontlines is in the 70s, so maybe I can get some good progress towards that war steed from this. most of the tome sources are... not great. none of the ARR raids are really worth farming for gear glams, though I still don't have the lota healing chest.
    My wincount in Frontline is probably in the...zeroes.

Also, Demon Armor of Fending from World of Darkness has formed the backbone of my Dark Knight glamour set since forever, so there's that I guess.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    the thing about the WoD stuff is that it's all available on the MB in dyable versions. I think there's even a 3rd recolor version from mt gulug

Jars on
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    So what's the fastest source of moogle tomestones, d'you reckon? Amaurot? One of the 60/70 dungeons?

• Options
    depends on whether you're running a premade or a pickup group

historically full-BLU speedruns have been the fastest overall

rival wings has theoretical fastness but pvp speed is reliant on the ability of the other team

syrcus is typically not the fastest, but the pickup group is wholly on the same page about what you're doing

and of course msq is for if you want to take 3 actions every 10 minutes and then alt-tab back to the youtube video you were watching

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    the thing about the WoD stuff is that it's all available on the MB in dyable versions. I think there's even a 3rd recolor version from mt gulug
    True, but if you like the original color scheme it often isn't possible to replicate it with dyes.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    a party of BLUs rotating rams voice > ultravibration for trash and just going ham on bosses is definitely fastest. I think we were clearing aurum vale in like 2 and a half minutes?

• Options
    edited October 2021
    depends on how fast you can ren aetherchemical on blu. fastest might end up being deltascape 4, I imagine 8 blu can kill him in a minute or two

it really depends on how much you want to stack goals. pvp isn't the fastest but it also awards tomes and wolfmarks. sycrus tower can give you relic progress, etc.

Jars on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    mmmm maybe if you could be unsynced...blue mage could definitely make mincemeat of o4n but your coordinating double the people for less tomes, 2 minutes seems unrealistic unless the final sting is better than i think it'd be and everyone is very on the ball with rotation

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    depends on how fast you can ren aetherchemical on blu. fastest might end up being deltascape 4, I imagine 8 blu can kill him in a minute or two

it really depends on how much you want to stack goals. pvp isn't the fastest but it also awards tomes and wolfmarks. sycrus tower can give you relic progress, etc.

MSQ roulette is a giant pile of xp and poetics (but if you've already capped everything via mogtome runs it's less appealing...)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    full summoner stuff is out. arcanist will be a mini summoner and the egis are upgraded carbuncle summons. ifrit is 2 slow casting nukes with a charge combo, titan is 4 instants with a continuation combo thingy, and gardua is weird with like a heatblast thing and a long recast aoe?? not sure why the second skill has a 3.5 gcd

I'm expecting the main difficulty of summoner to be managing your abilities in such a way that you 1) go through all 3 primals before the next phoenix/bahamut phase, and 2) cast all your summon abilities before that summon phase expires. dying during a demi summon phase will fuck your damage up because you'll lose an entire summon phase.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I'm mostly curious if the demi phases are actually 20 seconds like the tooltips say, or 15 like it showed in the live letter build.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    20 seconds, trance just upgrades to summon

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I mean yeah, that is what the tooltip description says, but every pre-expac media tour has had tooltips with incorrect/outdated numbers and/or descriptions, so I'll wait for the videos to come out.

The Summon Bahamut tooltip in the build yoship played on stream had a 20 second duration listed even though it clearly lasted 15 seconds when he pressed the button, so I'm assuming it's the just same thing for the media tour build (though we'll find out for sure in 7 hours or so).

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    also worth noting ruin 2 is no longer instant and just a regular increase from ruin 1

• Options
    After rebinding some keys and doing a couple Duty Roulette things I felt confident enough to be relatively effective as RDM to proceed with the MSQ where I last left off in HW. And got through a decent chunk of them.

An Ending to Mark a New Beginning
    Let me just say I didn't really appreciate having to do Primals I'd already fought once before. Those queues are not quick when you're a DPS! But at least I got juicy story and lore afterwards.

Granted, I think this part of the story would have hit much more if I'd done it while it was current, since I know full well I'm going to the First after Stormblood even if I don't really know how I'm gonna manage it without dying just yet. But that's an adventure waiting for me and I did get to see what the deal was with the Warriors of Darkness. But hang on, didn't I remember you lot doing something I was very angry about last I played? Can't quite remember though.

*scene where the white Ascian gives the Griffin both of Niddhog's eyes*

Ah. Right. THAT was why. Because some dumbass, probably the WoL, threw the eyes off a bridge with an enemy capable of teleportation. But hey now I have a good idea how I'm gonna get led into Stormblood. But that'll have to wait for tomorrow. In the meanwhile, I get to wonder what's up with Yda since the story is making things very obvious she's not Yda, or at least not the Yda of the past. How far back is unknown but she seems to remember everything about the Scions while someone from childhood draws a complete flustered blank. So maybe the Yda I know is the same just not the Yda that dude wearing mittens seemed to recognize.

Oh and speaking of doing dumb things with artifacts of immense power I'm gonna be keeping an eye on Papalymo. Not because I suspect him of anything, but because I know he's gonna fuck up at some point and either use the artifact or lose it. Probably lose it. Scions of the Buttered Fingers.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    wait, how does arcanist changing to reflect the new summoner affect scholar's early game?

This discussion has been closed.