Options

[Tech] It's for grownups! And sometimes kids!

• Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    You folks having android 12 audio issues should try turning on the Accessibility->Sound Amplifier setting, see if that helps.

Dude thanks for this! I just opened it up and even adjusting the 'Boost' downwards to 0 boost, it totally fixed the sound.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Omg the new time on the lock screen in Android 12 is hideous. Just giant green numbers stacked on top of each other in a square.
    Who signed off on this?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    user wrote: »
    You folks having android 12 audio issues should try turning on the Accessibility->Sound Amplifier setting, see if that helps.

Dude thanks for this! I just opened it up and even adjusting the 'Boost' downwards to 0 boost, it totally fixed the sound.

Holy shit this is amazing.

Why no, I'm not getting old why do you ask?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Omg the new time on the lock screen in Android 12 is hideous. Just giant green numbers stacked on top of each other in a square.
    Who signed off on this?

I actually like it? In my case anyway, since I use my phone as a nightstand clock and since my eyesight is dogshit, I can actually reasonably see the time.

• Options
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Who signed off on this?

I actually like it? In my case anyway, since I use my phone as a nightstand clock and since my eyesight is dogshit, I can actually reasonably see the time.

Which is great, but there's no way to turn it off or set it to the old style.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Who signed off on this?

Which is great, but there's no way to turn it off or set it to the old style.

Sure, fair.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    user wrote: »

Can't find that setting, but I did find a hearing test, and was able to adjust my sound due to that. Lots of little sounds I couldn't hear. My hearing is not what it used to be.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I can hear noises from my phone much better now that I turned on this sound amplifier thing, but the widget or whatever hovering over everything is rather annoying.

Still, much appreciated @Naphtali

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    You don't have to activate that. It also asks if you want it as an app in the app drawer and then you can just put it anywhere on the screen like a normal app icon.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Our first ever #NFAs are live!👉 https://t.co/e2gsDiJTyp You don't want to be missing out on the amazing Crypto Art by @Bosslogic @freehandprofit @etja16 @Lea_Dora_Fricke! Which Non-Fugitive Animal is your favorite? Let us know. Thanks to @0xPolygon @_PolygonStudios @MoonPayHQ https://t.co/H2sVVI3ASt

• Options
    The dumbest timeline. Seriously.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    "The World Wrestling Federation getting into NFTs doesn't seem like the biggest stretch, don't think I get the panda costume reference but OH MY GOD"

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    You wanna buy my Razor Ramon NFT?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options

We're hiring a crypto and fintech reporter. Must be able to explain what Web3 is. Apply here: https://t.co/kwRpOV5bXJ

God I should apply for this and then just make shit up.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    it's me, I'm Web3

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    No, you can't have Web3, you didn't take care of Web 2.0. It was all "I'll make sure the structural multimedia plugins stay updated and feed it and take it for walks" and now the whole thing looks like a pop-up book where a toddler tore out all the flaps and tabs.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Is web3 someone who's obnoxiously into anime

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Web3 is those awards for online content right?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Your cover letter should be "It's W3b you idiot"

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I... do I want to even know what "fintech" is? Considering it's being spoken in the same breath as crypto.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Financial technology.

Like Wirecard, for example.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    No, you can't have Web3, you didn't take care of Web 2.0. It was all "I'll make sure the structural multimedia plugins stay updated and feed it and take it for walks" and now the whole thing looks like a pop-up book where a toddler tore out all the flaps and tabs.

You need a pop up book blocker.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Financial technology.

blah

my brain is fried from spending the last two days trying to get some god awful infernal GE software working again, sorry.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Gotta problem that's been bugging me and was curious if anyone would know how I could fix it:

So, I have an internship at a place with a Guest WiFi connection, and for some reason I haven't been able to pinpoint I'll be able to connect to the network but won't always have access to the Internet. It just comes and goes. Any ideas?

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Their guest wifi is set up on garbage leftover equipment that barely works and no one cares enough to fix it because they don't use it and no one important enough complains.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    Their guest wifi is set up on garbage leftover equipment that barely works and no one cares enough to fix it because they don't use it and no one important enough complains.

I can verify that this is exactly the situation at my job. No one gives a shit about the guest wifi.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Financial technology.

Yep, basically any startup primarily focused on financial services and related stuff. There's also InsurTech, MedTech etc.
    It's just a useful segment thing to help people understand what area your business is in.

• Options

After I gave it a few examples of changing one style of text into another, I got GPT-3 to draw on the vast knowledge encoded in its internet training and improve some common error messages.
    https://t.co/07VT1PrAyJ https://t.co/ZxpFeo3WCv

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    yo

https://www.iccl.ie/news/online-consent-pop-ups-used-by-google-and-other-tech-firms-declared-illegal/

this is a bit over my head but this seems kind of important and probably going to have significant impact on the internet advertising industry?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    more likely they take a fine and everything continues as usual

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Hasn't GDPR been like, uncharacteristically enforceable up to this point?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Hasn't GDPR been like, uncharacteristically enforceable up to this point?

Pretty sure Facebook has already had a few hundred million in fines. So, a pittance compared to their revenue.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Your cover letter should be "It's W3b you idiot"

Weeb

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    apparently the big bill congress passed last night had a provision in it that requires crypto miners and traders to report their transactions to the IRS now, and report buyer identification information, where before it was largely unregulated. This is good, the more regulated it gets the more the things about crypto people actually care about but don't say out loud (being unregulated so you can do scams) vanish.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I'm not entirely sure but I think that makes crypto shit (it does include NFTs) taxable income now too? Don't know why else it would need to be reported to the IRS. So if so, eat shit I guess, libertarian tech dumbasses. Or go to prison for tax evasion, that's fine too.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Why wouldn’t it be recognised as earnings anyway? It’s buying and selling a thing, so shouldn’t it already be taxable?

• Options
    edited November 2021
    It wasn't regulated like a real money thing before, which was a feature for those who are into it because tax avoidance, yes. Having the cake and eating it too, the libertarian dream.

That said I don't know if that's the case, I'm just speculating. This type of law is not something I know a lot about.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    It wasn't regulated like a real money thing before, which was a feature for those who are into it because tax avoidance, yes. Having the cake and eating it too, the libertarian dream.

That said I don't know if that's the case, I'm just speculating. This type of law is not something I know a lot about.

Oh, the SEC had already said "duh, of course this is a security and subject to regulation", I think this is just requiring all the exchanges to do reporting. Everyone was already supposed to be paying taxes on stuff.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Maybe they only counted it if you traded crypto for real money? But now they consider it a gain if you just hold your crypto and it in increases in """value""".

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    mcafee antivirus has drafted a deal to be acquired for 12 billion dollars...

that seems like a large amount of money for software that probably doesn't work....?? does anyone have any recent antivirus success stories? i dont think i've had a 3rd party antivirus program on my computer in like... over a decade

This discussion has been closed.