As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Playstation 5] Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6 Billion

1939495969799»

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    My bad for diverting this thread. I just often think I'm broken when it comes to media. Things I like everyone else hates. Things I hate everyone else likes. My head's down playing Callisto Protocol and I'm having a blast... And when I start scrolling through reddit and see them bitching about every single thing about the game that I enjoy (minus what I said above) I started going down the rabbit hole.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    My bad for diverting this thread. I just often think I'm broken when it comes to media. Things I like everyone else hates. Things I hate everyone else likes. My head's down playing Callisto Protocol and I'm having a blast... And when I start scrolling through reddit and see them bitching about every single thing about the game that I enjoy (minus what I said above) I started going down the rabbit hole.

You didn't do a thing wrong my dude. I was just using it as a conversation jumping off point because I think its a very interesting topic of discussion!

So long as it can stay a conversation and not become an argument for no reason haha.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I specifically read negative reviews because they hate it, and people that hate something go into detail about what they hate.

Most people who like something use more vague terms.

Haters talk about mechanics.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited December 2022

Sometimes you just like something other people don’t. Games are subjective. Just have fun belting zombaliens in the head.

I’m buying it when they fix the PC performance, since it looks like a blast.

Worst thing that’ll happen is it might end in a cliffhanger but get no sequel.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Honestly I should apologize for derailing this thread too.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

I actually think the dodge/melee/quick shooting mechanic looks like a blast, for a game that isn't going to have the same sort of ultra-polished shooting from "consummate" third person shooters that perfected it. Even Dead Space 2 has acceptable shooting that wasn't special, it was just the plasma cutter had great sound direction.

But I also liked the similar mechanics in Resident Evil 6 a decade ago, and we all know how that worked out.

This discussion has been closed.