As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Trespasser is super fun to use, I just need to read the perk better to fully understand it. I just know I shoot things, and then occasionally it starts going bonkers, frying everything and using no ammo for a short period of shots.

It goes
    Get Kill
    Reload
    Activate Murder Burst for like 9 seconds
    If Kill with Murder Burst, instant Reload another Murder Burst for another 9 seconds.
    Repeat

Single shot Desperado + auto reload

GnomeTankDoodmann
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    TWAB: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51392
    By now, many Guardians have already started diving into what Solar 3.0 means for new combat possibilities. Just like with Void 3.0, Solar’s revamp can be done through Ikora in the Tower before meditating at the kiosk near her to lock in the newly learned disciplines. You may or may not have noticed that there are a few select Fragments are locked. Don’t worry, it wasn’t Telesto this time, this is actually intentional. Since we’re a one-team-one-fight type of bunch, there are four Fragments that can be unlocked via the community working together. How? Glad you asked, dear reader.

Guardians can unlock additional Fragments for Solar 3.0 by completing a number of Nightmare Containments. Each Guardian that fights the good fight will count as a completion, so having a full fireteam that is focused on the objective will benefit groups greatly. Basically, double the progression for a team of six versus, say, a team of three. The goal is to hit 20-million completions as a community. When we hit that goal, those four Solar 3.0 Fragments will be unlocked and ready to pick up from Ikora.

That being said, there is one thing to note about the Fragments. There was some confusion during the launch of Season of the Haunted and we wanted to explain what happened and what is intentional. The four locked Fragments were always intended for this particular community-driven initiative, but there was a small hiccup on day-one. To clarify this, the four Fragments that will unlock after the above community effort are:
    Ember of Empyrean
    Ember of Char
    Ember of Ashes
    Ember of Wonder
    DUNGEON CRASH WORKAROUND
    Tomorrow at 10 AM PDT, our newest dungeon will go live! During testing, we discovered an issue where players who had set their Sound Effects (SFX) to 0 would crash in the activity. To ensure this doesn’t happen, players should set their SFX to at least 1 or above until we can hotfix this issue next Tuesday.
    and a lot of known issues, not much else

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm pretty down the the sickness right now but I logged in to get my trespasser

Went to talk to banshee and ope, game crash? Ok

I'm pretty down the the sickness right now but I logged in to get my trespasser

Went to talk to banshee and ope, game crash? Ok

Yeah Tower and Banshee are.... having problems.

This release seems buggier than usual.

Dyvim Tvar
    Lmao when banshee did load in for me, for half a second he has Telesto in his hands before it immediately disappeared

Nice

DevoutlyApatheticDac
    I also find it amusing they just went with "Healing Grenade" instead of something... More interesting?

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I also find it amusing they just went with "Healing Grenade" instead of something... More interesting?

It really feels like they murdered the shit out of Well-lock, which is a shame. I would have been okay with Solar being the team buff/healing element but it is just left without any kind of identity.

Sort of set themselves up by giving Void explosions.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Sometimes you'll spawn in the tower and NPCs will be below the world. You can see their icon/name below the geometry, but can't interact. That's been a fun bug.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    Trespasser is super fun to use, I just need to read the perk better to fully understand it. I just know I shoot things, and then occasionally it starts going bonkers, frying everything and using no ammo for a short period of shots.

Reload after a kill to load a superburst is what it says.

It doesn't mention that a kill using that superburst immediately loads another one.

So you can keep that chain going and just tear through loads of dudes with it.

It does mention that. It's in the second exotic perk node on the gun.

Crippl3rndmheroDac
    shryke wrote: »

It doesn't mention that a kill using that superburst immediately loads another one.

It's confusing when the only list half of what the gun does and then hides half of it up on a node, where most people don't think to look

shryke
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Trespasser is one of those guns that's very fun to use and very effective against stuff that we already have a plethora of stuff that's very effective against.

It's interesting in PvP, too, but doesn't seem insane. It's like a mini-Tarrabah.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    If it's like how it was in D1, it'll be a beast in Trials once you get it rolling

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

Speaking of bland naming, Bungie should've taken this as an opportunity to rename "solar grenade".

TamerBill
    shryke wrote: »

It's confusing when the only list half of what the gun does and then hides half of it up on a node, where most people don't think to look

It's a very weird way to structure exotic perks on guns and always has been.

I'm guessing they just don't think there's a point in spending the resources to fix it now.

If it's like how it was in D1, it'll be a beast in Trials once you get it rolling

Well....

Once you get the exotic perk rolling, it's a two burst in PvP unless the opponent is under 6 resilience. Then it's a one burst. It's basically a mini-Tarrabah or mini-Desperado at close range that you have to be very accurate with. So, early impression (at least by me) is that it's not OP, but can do some crazy shit in short term situations. The two-burst also means it'll require a reload to reactivate the perk in PvP, so it's not like you can roll through multiple people as easily as an activated Tarrabah or Desperado could.

I don't have the catalyst on it yet.

Curious if dodge reload triggers it

Curious if dodge reload triggers it
    Of course it does, it's a Hunter :).

I ran my Hunter first due to Pinnacle grind so I tested that immediately.

Local H Jay
    Huh from memory it didn't trigger kill clip (but haven't tried in a minute so maybe that changed)

The real question is will you use the reload dodge over the give me 10% damage boost whenever I trigger the new "dodge" (it's too slow to really be a dodge, but it's a movement) that ALSO gives a 10% damage boost to all of my teammates around me for 10 seconds.

And if you have a 120 with Kill Clip, that 10% damage buff in addition to your Kill Clip makes your 120 a 2-tap.

Huh from memory it didn't trigger kill clip (but haven't tried in a minute so maybe that changed)

They changed that years ago. Like in Forsaken or something like that. Hunter Reload Dodge procs most reload-activated weapon perks.

Huh, yeah I remember testing it on my kill clip bygones so it must've been after Forsaken. But that's neat. And the new hunter dodge is neat too. Crazy it took this many years of D2 to get new movement abilities, I guess stuff like Shatterdive and warlock air dodge are new as well but y'know, I want more! More movement tech!

New stuff is cool, but I want to start a pool with you all regarding what gets nerfed first.

I think it's the resilience buff.

Resil has been bad for so long, it's hard to think they'll hit it first. But I haven't spent any amount actually playing yet so who knows

Resil has been bad for so long, it's hard to think they'll hit it first. But I haven't spent any amount actually playing yet so who knows

I think the idea behind it, that resilience reduces damage in PvE, is great and long overdue. It's the 40% at tier 10 that is fucking crazy...and that's before you stack on all of the other possible resist buffs.

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Without healing abilities 10 resil is a big change but doesn't actually feel insanely different. Resist mods were slightly nerfed and 10 resil almost certainly means you aren't running 10 recov, so instead of ducking into cover to rapidly heal you can take a few more shots and need to hide in cover longer.

It is the rapid healing combined with resilience that is making things crazy. 40% DR is around a 70% bonus to healing efficiency (if my napkin math is right).

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Under the radar nice change in the Crucible, they changed the radar so that warlocks floating with Heat Rises are a giant obvious dot on the radar and not just a lit up wedge like everyone else. It doesn't solve people floating out of the map but it's nice to know what to look out for when you're going around a corner.

Also I like the crucible fusion, I know rapid-fires probably aren't in fashion anymore but I got a decent roll and so far it's more consistent from farther away than any of my shotguns.

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I imagine there will be plenty of broken PvP stuff with Solar 3.0 but I think the other PvP sandbox changes have been excellent.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
    Leave Resilience alone for at least a season, it has been useless since Year 1.
    Give me this, Bungo, you owe me.

Dac
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    If resilience stays this good, recovery mods need to come down to 3 energy, or resil needs to move up to 4 as well.

Also intellect needs to go down to 3 since the super recharge nerfs

Recovery remains one of it not the most important stat for PVP. It should stay higher.

Int absolutely should come down to at least 4, maybe 3, but Trials may then actuallu have more super racing again.

And yeah, PVP makes this worse for PVE balance.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Did they nerf the melee/sniper resist mods?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Apparently you can (currently) use Transversive Steps to keep Killing Tally up as long as you have ammo. Killing Tally doesn't work in pvp though.

edited May 2022
    Did an impromptu stream earlier (lagged out at the end) but didn't lose a single game in comp aside from the dropped one lmao

I'll say Trespasser is a ton of fun, especially if you use a bow and quick swap for finish. But it's a little rough to use against shotguns. I fell back to Wishender fast enough. Still, it's quite good. In sixes I was a menace with it.

Local H Jay on
    Also nothing solar seemed particularly bad to me but maybe people haven't figured it out quite yet

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    You know, I'm going to toss this out there:

The Scythe should totally be a option for a Solar Warlock super. I feel like it'd fit in really well, especially since it has quasi-support mechanics to help allies out due to kills with it generating the healing orbs for allies.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Peen
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I’m a little surprised they didn’t consolidate Golden Gun into a single version, then give Hunter a version of the Scythe

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Preacher
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Also nothing solar seemed particularly bad to me but maybe people haven't figured it out quite yet

The main points for why warlocks are upset are:
    - bottom tree is basically gone, very hard to make chain explosions now.
    - Middle tree feedback loop is busted, partially because one of the fragments is bugged (benevolence), and without the overshield well of radiance is pretty lackluster
    - Icarus Dash and Heat rises are two separate aspects for some reason.

If you’re a big TTD fan, you’re fine. If you liked either of the other two subclasses on Solar warlock, you’re in a worse place than you were on Monday.

Edit: as a whole, the scorch/ignite interactions probably need tweaking.

ronzo on
    shrykeSirialis
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »

- Middle tree feedback loop is busted, partially because one of the fragments is bugged (benevolence), and without the overshield well of radiance is pretty lackluster

If you’re a big TTD fan, you’re fine. If you liked either of the other two subclasses on Solar warlock, you’re in a worse place than you were on Monday.

For what it's worth, as a warlock main, it's not all bad.

The new grenade focused aspect is very, very strong on every option i've tried. Fusion Grenades in particular stand out as being monstrously good right now in PvE and there's already videos of hilarious warlock shennagins using Starfire protocol to fuck up bosses real good. Well of Radiance is still actually very good, it's just not blatantly broken like it was.

Icarus Dash and Heat Rises being separate are.. well, not the most fun (Honestly, in bungies shoes i'd have combined them into one and made the dashes condtional on eating your grenade. This would fuck off pvp warlock mains, but i believe you could rebalance around it and it'd probably be healthier for the game). Bungie has at least indicated they're listening to feedback. Icarus dash needs something for PvE to make it useful, though the new warlock exotic is at least a very strong argument due to Shennagins.

Def not without flaws, but like i said, it's not all bad.

Solar Hunter is amazing though and huge fun.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Yeah the scorch/ignite mechanic is pretty opaque to me right now. I understand how it works in theory, it's not like it's complicated, but I had a Vanguard bounty to kill targets with ignition and did four strikes with liberal use of the new warlock finger-snap melee and other solar shenanigans and the bounty was sitting at a robust 0% completed. Nothing lives long enough to get enough scorch stacks to die to the ignition and once you've used one ability to apply scorch stacks how exactly are you supposed to apply more to get the ignition, wait for your ability to come back? Use a gun with incandescent, that kills the mook on its own because it's a gun? I'm honestly having a hard time figuring it out.

shrykerndmhero
    ronzo wrote: »

Yeah, I don't think any of the classes are weak. People are mostly upset with what I think fundamentally come down to bad design decisions.

With Solar Warlock it's especially obvious. They are probably as good if not maybe even better in PvP right now, especially with the new exotic. And there's some good stuff for PvE too with fusion grenades and spamming the new snap melee. They aren't bad now.

But the new warlock aspects give zero variety. You take Touch of Flame for the grenade boosts because it's the only option. And then you take Heat Rises because Icarus Dash does literally nothing for you unless you are speed running or doing a jumping puzzle. And Heat Rises is only good for floating around to get melee energy back, which is itself of increasingly limited usage as content gets harder. And like, that's it. There is no choice. Because 2/3rds of the new aspects are specifically for Top Tree Dawnblade PvP builds. Almost everything about the new design is built around supporting a strong but niche PvP playstyle. That's what has all the warlocks so pissed off.

And the fact that it's not a numbers problem but a design problem just means it's much harder to and much less likely to be solved. Because they aren't gonna combine or create aspects for the warlock, so there's very limited tools they have to fix the issue. Especially when anything they do to try and make Icarus Dash useful at all in PvE or Heat Rises more useful in PvE has to be balanced against giving more tools to TTD PvP Warlocks, who were already really strong.

They backed themselves into a bad and unpopular corner with the redesign by focusing in so hard on a specific niche PvP-only playstyle and god only knows how they are gonna get out of there.