As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    QUESTIONS!

I haven't been able to track any of this down maybe someone knows -

Does Severance Enclosure (Titan Exotic chest) trigger off the Solar 3.0 ranged melee mini-hammer, assuming you get a kill (which is pretty likely)?

Same question for the Explosive Wellmaker mod? I've tried testing this one and it seems like it doesn't trigger (which seems like a waste) but I'm not very observant and maybe I'm just missing it?

I'm told that Sunshot doesn't synergize with Solar 3.0 which is a shame since it seems like that would have been a spicy matchup and is probably the only hand cannon I can reliably use.

I've got a couple of weapons with the new Incandescent perk and that seems pretty amazing as well, but again, maybe I'm missing something?

26904.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    I'm told that Sunshot doesn't synergize with Solar 3.0 which is a shame since it seems like that would have been a spicy matchup and is probably the only hand cannon I can reliably use.

I've got a couple of weapons with the new Incandescent perk and that seems pretty amazing as well, but again, maybe I'm missing something?

They did add the new Scorch mechanic to Prometheus Lens and Skyburner's Oath. The latter's pretty handy for half the enemies at the Leviathan, especially since it doesn't need a Barrier mod to go through Phalanx shields.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Does Severance Enclosure (Titan Exotic chest) trigger off the Solar 3.0 ranged melee mini-hammer, assuming you get a kill (which is pretty likely)?

Yes.
    Same question for the Explosive Wellmaker mod? I've tried testing this one and it seems like it doesn't trigger (which seems like a waste) but I'm not very observant and maybe I'm just missing it?

Last time I tested it did not, which yes, does seem like an oversight because the word 'explosion' is used twice in the exotic perk description.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Explosive Wellmaker is weird as hell, a lot of things that look like explosions and sound like explosions and are sometimes called explosions by the game don't trigger it.

shrykeDacKnight_
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    That ritual rocket launcher seems to, I was using that some this weekend and saw more than a few well pop up. Sunshot and Polaris Lance need to be adjusted to work with Solar 3.0.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    For me it has been reliable on grenades, grenade launchers, and rocket launchers.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    For me it has been reliable on grenades, grenade launchers, and rocket launchers.

Which is certainly what the design intent was for.

Does Sunshot trigger it?

No, to my eternal dismay.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    You sure? Doesn't the post-kill explosion trigger it?

Like, my Explosive Rounds/Firefly Fatebringer doesn't make wells off of the explosive rounds. But if the Firefly effect catches a couple dudes, that absolutely will.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man these legendary witch Queen missions aren't no joke. Obviously I'm way out of practice without all the omega guns everyone else has. But god damn just did the pyramid mission and there was a lot of lets say less than brave moments

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Solo flawless for the new dungeon!
    1hDBWoOh.jpg
    gx0THpnh.jpg
    E0QNZ88h.jpg

This took me three attempts. First on titan, I got booped off the edge at the first boss near immediately. On my second attempt, this time as a knifey hunter, I made it all the way to the final boss, took it down to 20% health, but got architected. Third time's the charm.

Local H JayPreacherDirtmuncherForever ZefiroPeenshrykeZombie GandhiCatalaseGONG-00BizazedoYerMumElki
    I need to find an exotic weapon to pair with my WotW arcstrider. Titan got Monte carlo and lots of recharge refunds, but don't need that with WotW with dodging to refresh melee, and melee refreshes dodge.

If only there were an exotic brass knuckles weapon.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Nice! Definitely the finicky-ness of the dungeon and this season in general has me hesitant to try. I definitely feel like I've been Architected a lot recently just from barely touching stuff. And I've died a few times using those bells when I'm totally in the circle. If I got to the end and died to some BS I would be quite sore
    Preacher wrote: »
    Man these legendary witch Queen missions aren't no joke. Obviously I'm way out of practice without all the omega guns everyone else has. But god damn just did the pyramid mission and there was a lot of lets say less than brave moments

The Legendary Witch Queen campaign is basically the perfect difficulty imo

I wish more activities had that challenge, and upped the rewards in response. Less grinding easy mindless stuff a hundred times, more interacting with the game with the cools guns, abilities, and enemies in meaningful ways a few times

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Dac wrote: »
    I need to find an exotic weapon to pair with my WotW arcstrider. Titan got Monte carlo and lots of recharge refunds, but don't need that with WotW with dodging to refresh melee, and melee refreshes dodge.

Have you heard of our Lord and savior, Liar's Handshake?

https://youtu.be/aOvKJOWm1v8

shrykelakhesisDyvim Tvar
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Personally my PvE build for hunter is Never Take Off Sixth Coyote because 2 dodges superior to 1 according to my napkin math

Preacher
    Peen wrote: »

Yeah that's on my wishlist. Currently I have the boots that drop grenades when you dodge.

My question was more about weapons, since there doesn't seem to be an immediately obvious exotic that reinforces the Dark Souls playstyle of dodge smack dodge smack lol. If only there was an exotic shotgun with One-Two Punch!

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    The Title SMG that dropped during the guardian games has class energy on kills, that could help a little

Rat King is a nice pair for it since arc hunter don't got invisibility

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Yeah that's on my wishlist. Currently I have the boots that drop grenades when you dodge.

My question was more about weapons, since there doesn't seem to be an immediately obvious exotic that reinforces the Dark Souls playstyle of dodge smack dodge smack lol. If only there was an exotic shotgun with One-Two Punch!

If you are doing Liar's Handshake + Top-Tree-Arc, weapons are superfluous. Why pull a trigger when the melee button is right there?

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

If you are doing Liar's Handshake + Top-Tree-Arc, weapons are superfluous. Why pull a trigger when the melee button is right there?

Trinity ghoul has a use for when there’s too many dudes to punch

616610-1.png
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »

Trinity ghoul has a use for when there’s too many dudes to punch

Don't you talk about my child like that.

Trinity ghoul is just all around useful until you get to the fucking painful level of content.

I also do not grant your premise about "too many dudes to punch". That sounds like Warlock talk.

It is just sometimes you can not reach the dudes, who are very punchable, so you put some of your punch onto a stick and then punch the stick at them with some string.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    DisruptershrykeDyvim Tvar
  • CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    1hDBWoOh.jpg
    gx0THpnh.jpg
    E0QNZ88h.jpg

This took me three attempts. First on titan, I got booped off the edge at the first boss near immediately. On my second attempt, this time as a knifey hunter, I made it all the way to the final boss, took it down to 20% health, but got architected. Third time's the charm.
    Awesome. Was that your loadout for the whole encounter? I’m planning to try and knock it out on the weekend but I’m trying to build and strategise now cause I feel this is easily the hardest dungeon we’ve had.

I was leaning towards sixth coyote but assassins cowl didn’t even occur to me

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
    One mission remains for Legendary Witch queen, Last Wish hurt my trigger finger.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    this dungeon needed a couple of months in the oven.

i am trying to flawless solo it and nearly every death i get is so frustrating because it's all boops into walls or phalanx shield oneshots or getting stuck between first boss and the wall so physics shoots me at 900 miles an hour into the wall and i instantly die. all while way too short timers are ticking down that also make you run all across the world to do their mechanic.

i died a shitload in prophecy but it was never frustrating because i felt like i earned every death. this dungeon, that is not the case at all.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Yeah it's actually a very doable boss for solo but the way the encounters work is just a recipe for disaster.
    I've died while simply dunking the symbols, I've died because it randomly decided to spawn me right next to the Colossus, I've died because it refused to spawn spec lmao

I really like Syncopation/Lorentz/Reed's but I think for solo I might sub in Le Monarch just so I'm not beholden to spec to clear the flame Bellkeepers or whatever. I'm not even sure I'll bother but I do want the sword...

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    Arteen wrote: »
    https://i.imgur.com/1hDBWoOh.jpg

Awesome. Was that your loadout for the whole encounter? I’m planning to try and knock it out on the weekend but I’m trying to build and strategise now cause I feel this is easily the hardest dungeon we’ve had.

I was leaning towards sixth coyote but assassins cowl didn’t even occur to me

I was blade barrage for encounters 1 & 3, 6-shot golden gun for encounter 2. For encounter 2, I wasn't using anti-barrier weapons so golden gun would make quick work of all the shielded cabal on a given side. Blade barrage was easy damage for the boss fights, and I also had it as a panic option for encounter 3 if things went poorly in the nightmare realm and I needed to kill the bellkeepers ASAP.

For subclass setup, it was healing grenade, gambler's dodge, knife trick. Aspects and fragments were set up primarily so that knife kills would cause radiance and refund the knife.

Weapons were SMG/auto/scout depending on the situation, cartesian coordinate, and lament. The throwing knives were usually enough to kill most red health enemies outright. For beefier enemies like the bellkeepers, I would weaken them cartesian coordinate and finish them off with the throwing knife or a finisher to proc assassin's cowl.

This season's classy restoration mod is ridiculously powerful so use that if you've unlocked it. But you could also go for a melee wellmaker + well of life combo in another season.

Catalaseshryke
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Haven't used it a lot, yet, but the sword from the dungeon feels like it can do a lot of damage.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Sooo I noticed the artifact had a class ability causes regen? So they gave solar hunters wormhusk? Does that work in crucible?

616610-1.png
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Sooo I noticed the artifact had a class ability causes regen? So they gave solar hunters wormhusk? Does that work in crucible?

They gave everyone wormhusk, but hunters can abuse it the hardest.

Also it’s better than wormhusk and totally fuckin busted.

ronzo on
    shrykeDevoutlyApathetic
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Makes sense. I mean Void Hunter basically have free, but better, Gemini Jesters....why not free, but better, Wormhusk.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    It's restoration x1 in PvP, while in PvE it's rest x2, but yeah, it aint great.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Got this baby:
    ml0iyy9wvi9m.png

And on my third clear for the week, on master no less:
    n30moid6wi5w.png
    Woe to the conquered

Local H JayPreachershryketaco543lakhesis
    edited May 2022
    Haha wow I just saw the season pass armor with the skull helmets and you can bet your ass that's gonna be the most popular helmet look by farrrrr going forward for every class

Curse my Bakris main lifestyle

Local H Jay on
    PeenPotatoNinjaCatalaseZombie GandhiForever Zefiro
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    let me use my characters face bangol im 2 beautiful 2 hide

obF2Wuw.png
    Dyvim Tvar
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Missed out on week 1 Dungeon run, but the gear looks great. When does it live on Gunsmith so I can theorycraft the pulse?

Crippl3
    Speaking of armor. Are we due for new Iron Banner armor with the vendor refresh? Thematically the timing is perfect. Iron warbeast set would be amazing.

Or are we stuck wearing barnacle gear for another season

Ohhhh. Bungie has a legendary collection on sale for 30. That’s pretty tempting since forsaken was ps4 and shadow keep and beyond light we’re gamepass

I can finally get dmt. Which with the new airborne accuracy , flying around as a Titan with peacekeepers hipfire everything could be fun.

The only problem is I won’t have a excuse not to run last withwith @Zombie Gandhi

616610-1.png
    I will give credit for these Witch queen missions, though they've been hard on legendary the variety of environment and objective has made them definitely different from each other. Probably my least favorite so far was the europa one, all those god damn cabal were a pain.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    Got this baby:
    ml0iyy9wvi9m.png

And on my third clear for the week, on master no less:
    n30moid6wi5w.png
    Woe to the conquered
    that GL is fucking STACKED, I'm pretty jealous, NGL

Catalase
    So how does one see what the daily challenge for IB is?

Rift is fun but it reminds me of breakthrough in a way.

Seems like at a remotely even match super use is way too swingy

Also the round based format vs free flowing is awkward. It slows things down too much. It does feel more competitive that way but I dunno

It all feels very 6 man breakthrough to me which was a pretty bad mode. Not saying it’s bad. Breakthrough suffered because the whole two capture system was flawed. Rift had a similar two capture in you need the spark then push the point. But it feels better than breakthrough. Seems like a fun change of pace mode but I doubt I’d play it outside if IB

616610-1.png