As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Maybe I've been misled by that message with Shaxx that appears when you quit early threatening some kind of Glory punishment for quitting. I thought eventually there were consquences. Ah well.

Also sometimes you come back and win a 2v3 and it feels good!

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It's a compounding quit penalty that resets after some time. First time you drop is fine, next time is a 30 min timeout and so on up to a 24 hour ban

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    My mentality is that there’s two types of gains, glory and skill. Skill gain isn’t as easily measured but it’s there. Especially if you’re someone who used to be good at pvp but just don’t play it as much as you need to. Every round you get better.

So quitting may get you to your next match quicker but sticking it out and trying to adapt and get better may get you to your next win quicker.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Whelp, Trials is going to be interesting this weekend, stay safe y'all and good hunting.

• Options
    It barely does that anyways lmao 😂

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Sounds like a lot is broken with it if it's also not giving rewards. It's almost like it's using a prior, pre-patched version of Trials.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Broken matchmaker means easy flawless for the boys @Elki @Peen ... Oh and again right after with @timeboxer and @Zombie Gandhi

60ta5hiv6opy.png
    bts8ggfd9kkm.png

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    That was fun! We had to get past these dudes to get the lighthouse.

XYwtvvJ_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Wierd damn card. We had a few false starts, but Jay was tired and after win one lose one, we were just going to play the card out.

Proceed to win 6 because matchmaking is broke.

A few three stacks, but a few two stacks and low light people. For the Flawless game one enemy wore a Rahool helmet for the first few rounds. Just.... silly. But fun!

• Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    You know, I really fucking hate Gambit as it stands now. You can outplay the other team the entire match, spawn Primeval with them at 40 motes, have them have a guy who LOST 30 motes, and still lose with the invasion stream and a Gjally with multiple rockets.

They need to either reduce invasions once you spawn in the Primeval, reduce the health refund on kills, or do something about the horn in Gambit specifically. It's absurd.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I’ll say it again: reduce Primeval health a bit and permanently turn off heavy in Gambit

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    The only way you lose with that big a headstart is if they are invading way better then you are or your primeval damage is way worse then theirs. If you are spawning your primeval when they are that far behind you should be multiple damage phases ahead of them. Even if they get a couple of army of ones they still need to go through at least 3 damage phases to be able to kill whereas you should have a huge damage multiplier and few if any remaining health gates.

• Options
    Flawless #3 with @Arteen and @Mustachio Jones !
    0o0d5aemxblt.png

Broken trials is just the best 😈

• Options
    shryke wrote: »
    The only way you lose with that big a headstart is if they are invading way better then you are or your primeval damage is way worse then theirs. If you are spawning your primeval when they are that far behind you should be multiple damage phases ahead of them. Even if they get a couple of army of ones they still need to go through at least 3 damage phases to be able to kill whereas you should have a huge damage multiplier and few if any remaining health gates.

It's solo queue Gambit. Of course that is what it means.

The point is it's too easy for that to be the case with heavy and Gjally the way it is.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I finally got to clearing master Duality to finish off my Discerptor title!
    faJYmYVh.jpg

I'm excited about Bungie adding dungeon seals, though even if this first go at it is more basic than the raid seals. The only challenging triumphs are solo (flawless not needed) and master difficulty. It would be cool to see Bungie add challenges and/or the one-off encounter triumphs to dungeons, similar to the raids.

• Options
    Second card of the weekend was also flawless, with Sing and duck on the PC pool. duck seen here running the knee of justice build.

kfC8zoHh.png

Love this matchmaking.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Flawless #4, went by myself but with the aid of Timeboxer and Raziel on discord
    n2zcn6da3a6y.png

• Options
    Ok, that’s a goddamn cool screenshot.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    8btyd11ztwyn.png
    One more trip around the sun before work, with help from Jones and Throne in the discord

I'm only 2 away from 100!!

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Raynaga wrote: »

The point is it's too easy for that to be the case with heavy and Gjally the way it is.

The Primeval phase is part of Gambit and if you massively outplay the other team during it you can win. Even if you are starting from behind. Which is how it's supposed to work. Otherwise what's even the point in having a primeval fight.

• Options
    I forgot to even humble brag about getting Gilded 5 Flawless, but it happened too quickly this time. Only took me two days, and I got the hard triumphs done early lol

• Options

The Primeval phase is part of Gambit and if you massively outplay the other team during it you can win. Even if you are starting from behind. Which is how it's supposed to work. Otherwise what's even the point in having a primeval fight.

Because it isn't massively outplaying the other team for one guy with Gjally and a bunch of heavy ammo refill the health bar repeatedly because of the heavy weapon and heavy ammo balance right now.

The problem isn't the mode, it's the combination of Gjally's prevelance, the heavy ammo change that gives an abundance of ammo, and the wide open nature of the maps.

It makes huge swings way too easy.

• Options
    There's plenty of weapons that are an issue in Gambit that aren't just Gjally, giant open maps like that LFRs dominate hard as well. In general, the only way to save Gambit as is, is to kill all Heavy ammo use. Especially when it comes to invading. Similar changes were made to trials and comp to make things more fair, this can so easily be fixed it's a wonder why they don't

• Options

Because it isn't massively outplaying the other team for one guy with Gjally and a bunch of heavy ammo refill the health bar repeatedly because of the heavy weapon and heavy ammo balance right now.

The problem isn't the mode, it's the combination of Gjally's prevelance, the heavy ammo change that gives an abundance of ammo, and the wide open nature of the maps.

It makes huge swings way too easy.

If they invaded you and decimated your team and you didn't invade them back and decimate their team in return, then yeah, they outplayed your team in that phase of the match. If you start your primeval phase way sooner then the other team, you should be multiple damage phases ahead. This gives you a big advantage. So as long as your team can invade them to keep them in check, you should win this. If they play really well and get good damage phases and invades and your team doesn't, then there's no reason they shouldn't be able to pull off the upset.

And your team can run the same loadout with the same amount of ammo as their team can. In so far as Gjally or LFRs or any other weapons have been a problem over the courses of Gambit's life, they are an even playing field. It doesn't disadvantage the team in the lead.

• Options
    In general heavy in gambit is still fairly limited. It's just now evenly so. I run Gjally 95% of the time and you only get 1 rocket per ammo crate. This leaves you with a fairly limited supply of rockets unless you are being really inefficient with your mote turn-ins. The only way you should be getting more then like 4 (or maybe 5) is if you kill the HVT and have rocket scavs on. And that's assuming you don't miss any crates, which is pretty easy to do if you go invading with those rockets. You can pick up another 1 during the damage phase eventually, maybe 2 if it's really dragging on.

And the like 7 rockets you are picking up over the course of the match are gonna be divided between killing while invading and defending against invaders and doing damage to the primeval. Sure, you can maybe get an Army of One spamming the other team with Gjallies but that's gonna be most of your rockets for the entire match done in one go.

• Options
    There's plenty of weapons that are an issue in Gambit that aren't just Gjally, giant open maps like that LFRs dominate hard as well. In general, the only way to save Gambit as is, is to kill all Heavy ammo use. Especially when it comes to invading. Similar changes were made to trials and comp to make things more fair, this can so easily be fixed it's a wonder why they don't

Agree on all counts.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Flawless!
    yheJ3dwh.jpg

Not for me since I was farming my completed passage, but still a flawless. We went 7-1, losing mercy on the first Lighthouse match then going 5-4 in overtime on the second.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ok am i drunk(er) but did they patch dawnblade to heal on grenade consume AND floating around killing things... passively????

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I know they'll kill it dead, but I really prefer the matchmaking they had this weekend for Trials. I am probably biased since I finally got a Trials ship, though.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    This isn't going to be everyone's experience but boy the combination of wonky matchmaking and new stuff in the loot pool to drive more people in made Trials fun this weekend. I fully appreciate that in every game that's an easier win, the other team got beat up some, but it was nice to have some competitive games and not feel like every single game was going to either kick in the teeth.

This game in particular was fun because we went down 3-1 to these guys and we clawed back for the win and it really did feel great.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    My friends and I played like 5 or 6 games of trials on Saturday, lost all of them 5-0 or 5-1

so I'm sure SOME of you had fun with the fucked matchmaking but we sure as hell didn't (also all I got for it was a bad scout rifle)

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Also I just don't understand why they don't have Freelance Trials available all the time at this point, it's the only way I ever have fun playing it because we aren't getting matched up against premades of PVP gods

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    yeah anytime I've tried trials its to get my taint kicked in. but I've never been good at destiny's pvp.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Also I just don't understand why they don't have Freelance Trials available all the time at this point, it's the only way I ever have fun playing it because we aren't getting matched up against premades of PVP gods

I imagine it fucks with the pool and matchmaking times in non-freelance. They are leaving it as a "testing" thing so they can sub it in and out when they want to.

• Options
    It fucks with two stacks too, I imagine.

Dunno what the solution is, honestly, except to leave it as "testing" as Shryke said so they can sub it in and out. Single queue makes certain people very happy and does add more of a sense of freedom to Trials, but it screws the team queue hard. The queue times get longer and the sweat levels increase by a huge magnitude.

I'd be very curious which method gets more flawless players.

• Options
    Seeing as I went Flawless this week, it is clearly the superior system.

I am sure they will fix it and I shall continue fail, then shall rail against the current design, which I previously championed as superior to the bugged version it originally was.

• Options
    It's finally done, Flawless #100
    is0jwjsu45hs.png
    Big ups to @Arteen and @Mustachio Jones for being there for this one. It means a lot to me that the vast, vast majority of these flawless tickets were with friends and homies in the clan, across multiple platforms and timezones. Including D1 + base game D2, I'm at 140 total across 7 years of destiny. Not only did every flawless mean something to me, but each one was hard fought and hard earned with comrades in the trenches. And for a while destiny 2 didn't seem like it was a game for me specifically, until recently anyways. I've improved, as well as people in the clan, but so has the game itself. It's in a really good spot now balance wise and I enjoy it more than ever. Thanks for everyone who plays trials with me, the community here has kept me going through some shitty times. Y'all are the best.

For some nostalgia, here's my first ever flawless montage
    https://youtu.be/B9zQtEs-NnQ

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    My trials report:

36 games, 2 game wins, 50 total round wins for the pinnacle reward.
    Avg KDA 0.21, Best KDA (in a single game) 0.40 - was a 0-5 loss.

I'm not good at this.

26904.png
  • Options
    BAawjtqh.png

Third card, also flawless, while duo-queuing, have not reset a card once this weekend. What is life.

Also I jumped on the Knee of Justice train.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    “Jay strat” and “Bad Place” have entered my mental lexicon for Burnout now

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."