As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

1235795

Posts

  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    It really sucks because they're also taking away dungeons at the same time. So if you wanted those Pinnacles get fuked

    Witch Queen is gonna completely shake up pinnacle sources anyway presumably. I would guess anything not in the core activities will be transferred over to new stuff dropping with the expansion.

    I'd rather lose Nessus or EDZ over dungeons and other great content

    It's definitely an odd choice since they then have to find somewhere else to get Hawkmoon/DMT from and it's good content that would be fine just staying there.

    I would be fine losing most of the patrol zones since they are mostly useless but I'm guessing they are well used stat-wise.

  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Can anyone confirm that the bottom tree Dawnblade party is over? I can't seem to get melee effects to proc off grenades or supers anymore.

  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that the bottom tree Dawnblade party is over? I can't seem to get melee effects to proc off grenades or supers anymore.

    Yeah, they fixed that in the last patch.

    Felwinter's is now basically useless again.

  • CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    It really sucks because they're also taking away dungeons at the same time. So if you wanted those Pinnacles get fuked

    Witch Queen is gonna completely shake up pinnacle sources anyway presumably. I would guess anything not in the core activities will be transferred over to new stuff dropping with the expansion.

    I'd rather lose Nessus or EDZ over dungeons and other great content

    It's definitely an odd choice since they then have to find somewhere else to get Hawkmoon/DMT from and it's good content that would be fine just staying there.

    I would be fine losing most of the patrol zones since they are mostly useless but I'm guessing they are well used stat-wise.
    They made a legends tab in director and have only VOG in it. Gee. What else would sit nicely in there Bungo?

    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I mean, the real answer of what Destiny is funding is their new videogame IP and their ramp-up in to other media.

    There must be a not-insignificant amount of Destiny's revenue that's not going back into Destiny.

    For fucks sake, only now are they starting to hire folks to make a crucible map team.

    That means there wasn't one before.

    At a certain point it feels sleazy.

    shoeboxjeddySirialis
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Bungie makes this game impossible to recommend.

    I'm feeling the fatigue myself, honestly.

    I don't know when I walked away from Warframe. Apparently I put 600 hours into it, which seems really low based on memory. But one day I just... never logged in again. I didn't know that would be the last time. There was no catalyst for it, and I remember Warframe fondly today. I want to go back and see my stuff as a sort of time capsule, not to actually play though.

    At over 1000 hours (ok, I've... dabbled in AFK farming, we'll say) in Destiny 2 since the launch of shadowkeep I think I'm at the point where I'm beginning to wonder if I'm good?

    Shooting aliens in the face is pretty great, but after 1000 hours of it you either
    1. Enjoy that so much you ignore all the really rough edges and endless silly dev decisions. Or;
    2. Realize you're content having shot all the aliens in the face that you have, and it's not so good that you can ignore the rough edges after 1000+ hours and dev shenanigans.

    And that's no one's fault - it's not even a problem. Those are each valid, subjective options.







    It just really do be like that sometimes.

    I drop in and out of Destiny. I'll sometimes skip a season, and just catch up in the story stuff later.

    One thing I do like about this season is you could do a few things on reset, then get the story update, then drop it for a week if you have other stuff to play.

    I no longer care about maxxing my light level each season, as I don't do end game stuff - no GM lost sectors, etc. I don't chase Pinnacle weapons, so I don't have to worry about grinding hours of PvP, etc.

    If you're bored of the actually playing, just drop it for a bit, come back later.

    I know I enjoy it a lot more after a break, as I enjoy the basic gameplay. But increasingly, I find that when there's no story to unlock, listen to, etc, I can quite easily stop playing and not worry about the XP I'm not earning.

    CptHamiltonStupid
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I think there are really only 3 ways to play destiny as a long-time player and stay sane:
    * be there for the PVP where the rest of the game doesn't really matter
    * have a solid group of friends to do weekly endgame shit with where doing the same thing over and over isn't so bad since you're hanging out with friends
    * just dip in to see the new stuff and not give a shit about maxing out all the numbers or finishing every challenge

    I really wish there were a better way to do endgame stuff than trying my luck with LFG apps. I bought the digital deluxe omega super edition or whatever so I'll get the dungeons but I still haven't done the one from several of seasons ago that launches out of the Tower because I don't regularly play with anybody and my crippling insecurities keep me from playing with randos on purpose.

    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    Peen
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Hop in the discord for endgame stuff, we do it a lot and most anyone is welcome

    Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    shrykerndmheroWraith260PeenGnomeTank
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I think there are really only 3 ways to play destiny as a long-time player and stay sane:
    * be there for the PVP where the rest of the game doesn't really matter
    * have a solid group of friends to do weekly endgame shit with where doing the same thing over and over isn't so bad since you're hanging out with friends
    * just dip in to see the new stuff and not give a shit about maxing out all the numbers or finishing every challenge

    I really wish there were a better way to do endgame stuff than trying my luck with LFG apps. I bought the digital deluxe omega super edition or whatever so I'll get the dungeons but I still haven't done the one from several of seasons ago that launches out of the Tower because I don't regularly play with anybody and my crippling insecurities keep me from playing with randos on purpose.

    Yeah, I'm in group three these days. I did play a lot early this season to catch up to the soft cap as I skipped most of the last two seasons, and once I got close to the soft cap, I was just in for a couple of hours each week to see the new story stuff and push a little closer to that soft cap. Now that I am over the soft cap and the story stuff is done for the moment, I have drifted back out again, though I may play a bunch this week to get the halloween lore books.

    PSN|AspectVoid
    CptHamilton
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Like Jay said, hop in the discord. If you want to do Prophecy, we can get you sherpaed through Prophecy no problem. It's a super fun dungeon and you should experience it.

    e: Re: The dungeon thing. I'm going to buy the Witch Queen double deluxe package with the 30th Anniversary stuff anyway...but Bungie's communication, and the general fractured nature of the meta structure of Destiny is just unfortunate. The core mechanics of the game, the core moment to moment experience of playing, is the best it's probably ever been. Yet somehow Bungie continues to hamstring their own game with this convoluted, fractured, pricing and content structure and the bad feel moments it causes, leading to inevitable bad press.

    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Wraith260
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I think the pricing model is actually extremely simple as long as you aren't trying to go a la cart. Which they I think clearly don't want you to do. It's not just pricing either. The entire game is not really designed to be played that way and while it technically mostly functions when played that way, it's janky as fuck.

    The entire experience from top to bottom is built around you buying the yearly expansion deluxe edition and just playing the game. Everything else is an afterthought.

    shryke on
    rndmheroDiarmuid
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    shryke wrote: »
    I think the pricing model is actually extremely simple as long as you aren't trying to go a la cart. Which they I think clearly don't want you to do. It's not just pricing either. The entire game is not really designed to be played that way and while it technically mostly functions when played that way, it's janky as fuck.

    The entire experience from top to bottom is built around you buying the yearly expansion deluxe edition and just playing the game. Everything else is an afterthought.

    I don't disagree, but I think this is part of the root of peoples frustration. People want to come and go from games like this and Bungie doesn't make that particularly easy. They lean pretty hard in to FOMO (why do I have to wait for a tiny chance at one or two play style mods every day? Why can't I just "catch up"?). If you miss even a single season it puts you behind the eight ball pretty hard. And if you buy the deluxe pack and miss a season or two you've partially wasted your money. You can always play the old season during that year, but you lose things like omega quest boosts for catalysts...again, FOMO.

    As someone who tends to just buy the deluxe packs I'm fine with it and it works for me, but I totally understand peoples frustration if they want to play Destiny as a come-and-go kind of game. The way Halo is handling their new season pass stuff (you can always level up old passes and get the stuff, no FOMO) should be the model going forward.

    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Dyvim Tvar
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Yeah, they're getting "better" at it, but the game still leaves a LOT to be desired for playing catch-up after the fact. I'm finding the past seasonal content that is still in the game to be all but incomprehensible and offers almost nothing in terms of advancement or even cool loot. It works out okay for me personally since I'm a fan of the lore so playing through the content after the fact still pushes the Lore Nerd button, but for someone who just wants to shoot aliens in the face, pretty much anything that has already happened might as well not be in the game. Leaving it around and accessible without the world-events that transpired at the same time is just confusing!

    edit a word

    Stupid on

    26904.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Stupid wrote: »
    Yeah, they're getting "better" at it, but the game still leaves a LOT to be desired for playing catch-up after the fact. I'm finding the past seasonal content that is still in the game to be all but incomprehensible and offers almost nothing in terms of advancement or even cool loot. It works out okay for me personally since I'm a fan of the lore so playing through the content after the fact still pushes the Lore Nerd button, but for someone who just wants to shoot aliens in the face, pretty much anything that has already happened might as well not be in the game. Leaving it around and accessible without the world-events that transpired at the same time is just confusing!

    edit a word

    Season of the Splicer is the outlier here. It's not only got some extremely good weapons like Chroma Rush, it's the best way to tier 3 focus high stat armor as it's the only seasonal focusing lenses that guarantee high stat at T3. Ghost mod + Splicer T3 focusing is the best way in the game to target farm specific high stat armor that I am aware of.

    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Dyvim TvarOpposingFarce
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I can’t see how people are excusing this. The seasonal content model only works as is because they supplement their lame seasonal loops with cool things like random dungeon drops and dungeon tier exotic missions.

    What this tells me is that we shouldn’t expect anything from seasons this year except a lame group activity and a mediocre solo activity that you do every week for a pinnacle and a drop of story

    Like the only reason last season was good was because of vog which was actually not part of the season

    This season is pretty empty (despite me personally loving what they did with shatter realm) bu it’s held up by the trials resurge. Folks will likely excuse it because of the anniversary pack providing a content surge but that’s not part of the season itself.

    We’ve gotten used to dungeons being a part of the season model. The fact it’s not isn’t just a confusing price model it’s them charging us more for the same content

    616610-1.png
    Local H JayDyvim TvarOpposingFarce
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Solo flawless legend difficulty Shattered Realm: Ruins of Wrath complete!

    Not first try. I died like an idiot to the first debris field barely a minute into the first attempt, and my second attempt didn't last much longer. But third time's the charm. The boss fight sucks.

    ElkiLocal H JayPeenshrykeZombie GandhiDyvim TvarGnomeTankWraith260
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    All the seasons this year actually have something worth chasing, but it's definitely highly variable how much of it there is. I'd say Chosen is by far the best of the lot. Splicer is second but not by a ton.

    Season of the Hunt:
    - Deafening Whisper: the only waveform available now and has a really good perk pool. Definitely something to have for PvE imo.
    - Blast Battue (GL) and Corsair's Wrath (LFR) have good and mediocre perk pools respectively but mostly they are good for covering their respective elements for that weapon type

    Season of the Chosen:
    - Extraordinary Rendition (SMG), Threaded Needle (LFR), Code Duello (Rocket), Far Future (Sniper) and Brass Attacks (Sidearm) are all top tier for their weapon types imo. The VoG rocket launcher kinda replaces Code Duello I guess, but only by a bit. And Code Duello has Field Prep, which is real damn good.
    - Imperial Needle is good and it's the only void legendary bow but it's Lightweight frame and some people don't like that.

    Season of the Splicer:
    - Chroma Rush (AR) is really good. Ignition Code (GL) is the only kinetic grenade launcher around. Gridskipper (Pulse) is a really nice rapid-fire pulse and also the only void one in that archetype.
    - Farewell (Sidearm) is also real nice imo. Sojuner's Tale is ok for a slug shotgun.

    There's something worth grabbing from any of them. The Tools of the X engrams from this season have actually a solid selection from each of those seasons as well.

    Crippl3
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I can’t see how people are excusing this. The seasonal content model only works as is because they supplement their lame seasonal loops with cool things like random dungeon drops and dungeon tier exotic missions.

    What this tells me is that we shouldn’t expect anything from seasons this year except a lame group activity and a mediocre solo activity that you do every week for a pinnacle and a drop of story

    Like the only reason last season was good was because of vog which was actually not part of the season

    This season is pretty empty (despite me personally loving what they did with shatter realm) bu it’s held up by the trials resurge. Folks will likely excuse it because of the anniversary pack providing a content surge but that’s not part of the season itself.

    We’ve gotten used to dungeons being a part of the season model. The fact it’s not isn’t just a confusing price model it’s them charging us more for the same content

    That's because you are looking at this from the perspective of multiple individual purchases and trying to work out the value of each one. If you just buy the year expansion deluxe edition (which at least for me here is roughly the same price as a newly released AAA game) it's all just stuff. There is no "part of the season" in the way you describe it, there is just whatever drops this season. If you buy Deluxe Edition Witch Queen in order to get all the seasons, you get the dungeons anyway. It's all just part of the same package you are buying anyway. It's why almost nobody noticed this dungeon thing going on.

    Everything works if you just buy the yearly expansion. And it's a complete mess if you don't.

  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    That's stupid. And bad. I'm not buying a year's worth of content I have no idea the quality of. Hell, until I see some more PvP revamps and maps on the table, I might just skip the anniversary pack altogether.

    Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    Dyvim Tvar
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I frankly see it from both points of view.

    Shryke is describing the reality of how it is with Destiny, they absolutely build things for you to buy the Big Pack (tm) and play extensively every season. I also agree with Jay that it sucks and I wish Bungie didn't do it that way. I think the prevailing feeling that I see is that they charge a lot for Destiny, if you look at it in it's totality, but it doesn't always feel like you get the total value of that money spent unless you are 100% engaged at all times which is just a feel bad. That, combined with the slow content trickle, and complete lack of new/revamped PvP content, leads to a feeling that Bungie is just stringing Destiny 2 players along to fund their next IP.

    And I say this as someone more in to the moment to moment play of Destiny right now than I have ever been. Equally I am eternally frustrated with their handling of the meta structure around that moment to moment play. I'm still all in for the upcoming paid content because I feel Destiny the game is incredible right now and has me very much hooked. Destiny the service remains something I hold my nose and deal with to get to that chewy gun sandbox space magic center.

    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I frankly see it from both points of view.

    Shryke is describing the reality of how it is with Destiny, they absolutely build things for you to buy the Big Pack (tm) and play extensively every season. I also agree with Jay that it sucks and I wish Bungie didn't do it that way. I think the prevailing feeling that I see is that they charge a lot for Destiny, if you look at it in it's totality, but it doesn't always feel like you get the total value of that money spent unless you are 100% engaged at all times which is just a feel bad. That, combined with the slow content trickle, and complete lack of new/revamped PvP content, leads to a feeling that Bungie is just stringing Destiny 2 players along to fund their next IP.

    And I say this as someone more in to the moment to moment play of Destiny right now than I have ever been. Equally I am eternally frustrated with their handling of the meta structure around that moment to moment play. I'm still all in for the upcoming paid content because I feel Destiny the game is incredible right now and has me very much hooked. Destiny the service remains something I hold my nose and deal with to get to that chewy gun sandbox space magic center.

    This is a part I disagree with. I think the reality is it's expensive to make stuff in this game and for various reasons (the graphical fidelity of the assets, the engine, organizational structure, etc) this game has a just generally slower content pipeline then it probably needs. And then COVID is only making that much worse. Some amount of the profits of the game are getting rolled into other parts of the business, that's just how company's work after all. But I think a lot more of the issues people are seeing are just fundamental to the game and the team making it rather then being some issue caused by all the money getting diverted elsewhere.

    Bizazedo
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    To be clear I don't necessarily believe they are specifically diverting money away from supporting Destiny to build a new IP, beyond basic profits for the business being moved around kind of stuff. It is absolutely a prevailing thought being put out in the universe in a lot of fan communities though. This latest decision doesn't help that perception in the slightest.

    I can also only take the COVID excuse for so long given that a lot companies actually saw an increase in productivity once people had settled in to working away from the office. I'll accept that perhaps game development is uniquely challenging at distance, but also it's been almost two years. I don't build games but I do write software and certainly for the first six to nine months of the pandemic it was a struggle. As we changed our working habits and agreements, and adjusted to all being remote, our general productivity has met or exceeded our old metrics in basically every case. If Bungie just sat on their hands and changed nothing about the way they work than that is absolutely on them at month 19 of the pandemic.

    I can't comment on how difficult their content pipeline is to work with but my assumption is that it's not off-the-shelf easy, as Bungie has hinted at many times and almost down right admitted when talking about the content vault.

    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Stupid
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I dunno, I feel like I'm hard on Destiny and it has a lot of flaws, but I do keep shelling out and I do feel like I get my money's worth. The content vault is weird and feels bad, even if I understand it. Does anyone give two shits about the EDZ or Nessus? I know if I could tick a box and restore Zero Hour or Whisper of the Worm at the cost of some HDD space, I'd click it in a heartbeat.

    en3r764biaqf.png

  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I've invested a lot of time in destiny and it's one of my favorite games, I just don't like being charged extra for being cautious when Bungie has a history of burning people with DLC. I successfully didn't buy Curse of Osiris until they made me for Forsaken and then months later made it free. I resent being made to purchase the "complete" game when some parts aren't actually worth the money. Dungeons are worth the money, which is why it's fucking obnoxious they're taking them and putting them behind another paywall if I decided I don't want the Crunch Wrap Supreme edition where Gjally sucks my nuts or whatever

    Bungie acts nice with the F2P version but I shudder to think who actually endures that version of the game, but I've absolutely skipped seasons when they were lackluster (Season of the Drifter comes to mind)

    Local H Jay on
    Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    OpposingFarce
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    There is basically no other entertainment in my life that gets the same value per dollar as Destiny does. The price point is reasonable for the multiple hundreds of hours per year it gets. There are many things that frustrate me about Destiny, but basically nothing enough to say the value isn't there.

    That isn't the same for everyone, but for the hardcore, it seems like a more than reasonable deal.

    GnomeTankThe Zombie PenguinArteenOpposingFarcerndmheroshrykePeen
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    I dunno, I feel like I'm hard on Destiny and it has a lot of flaws, but I do keep shelling out and I do feel like I get my money's worth. The content vault is weird and feels bad, even if I understand it. Does anyone give two shits about the EDZ or Nessus? I know if I could tick a box and restore Zero Hour or Whisper of the Worm at the cost of some HDD space, I'd click it in a heartbeat.

    en3r764biaqf.png

    For what its worth, any time someone says "does anyone even care about [blank] being vaulted?" my knee jerk reaction is that bungie, as the devs, could create a reason to care. They could refresh old stuff. I know they won't, because it's harder to monetize a refresh than some other seasonal content. But they most definitely could. So I don't like when folks are like "good riddance" to stuff like zones and tilesets because bungie doesn't have to let them be old/deprecated/boring.


    But I sincerely love the conversation above because it just goes to show how different folks perceive value, and no one is wrong. $100 over the course of a year for All Of Destiny 2 isn't my pain point (aside from dungeons should be attached to an expansion or season, which was at least true for Forsaken and Shadowkeep).

    So the money isn't the problem for me, personally. It's just whether I genuinely enjoy the content at the same level I used to, ya know? Am I game for another four seasons of completing a mediocre-to-decent seasonal activity every week for a new story beat? I am, sincerely, not sure. I definitely need to feel the reinvigoration of a new expansion sooner rather than later. February feels a long time away. I don't know if a dungeon+gally is enough in December. (I don't give a fuck for the anniversary cosmetics. I think they suck, frankly.)

  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Also super excited for the glaive to snap crucible balance over its knee, not even joking.

    I bet it will launch with some sort of synthoceps-level of melee lunge or something that it clearly should not have in pvp.

  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    There is basically no other entertainment in my life that gets the same value per dollar as Destiny does. The price point is reasonable for the multiple hundreds of hours per year it gets. There are many things that frustrate me about Destiny, but basically nothing enough to say the value isn't there.

    That isn't the same for everyone, but for the hardcore, it seems like a more than reasonable deal.

    I always look at it as an MMO (which it is). At like ~$100/year for the expansion, that's like ~$8/month. Which is way cheaper then WoW when I was playing. Hell, this year it was like $100 for all of Y5 content and the content in December too. I've never felt ripped off by Destiny in terms of price. Though that's obviously just me.

    I'd honestly rather have more content released for the game rather then it being cheaper in any way.

    CptHamiltonrndmheroThe Zombie Penguin
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    The F2P version of this game feels hilariously vestigial though, as I've said before. It seems like something that exists solely to be able to slap that shit on the game's description in Steam and to maybe get some guns in someone's hands to addict them to the combat and get them to just buy the damn game. The whole thing is barebones and incoherent in terms of what it's giving you imo. And the a la cart version is not much better in terms of coherence either. I think it's clear the game is not designed around playing like that and not much work is done to make it all fit together for those playstyles.

    DoodmannPeenStupid
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    In regards to F2P, one of my group just waited until the Legendary edition went on sale and got that for super cheap. He was new to the game so it really hurt his power / pinnacle grind, but he also wasn't super invested into it either / primarily PvP'd. His patience saved him a ton of money.

    I can't do that (I am a deluxe edition person in any game I decide to invest into).

    That being said, New World has its hooks into me something pretty goddamn fierce.

    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    I think the pricing model is actually extremely simple as long as you aren't trying to go a la cart. Which they I think clearly don't want you to do. It's not just pricing either. The entire game is not really designed to be played that way and while it technically mostly functions when played that way, it's janky as fuck.

    The entire experience from top to bottom is built around you buying the yearly expansion deluxe edition and just playing the game. Everything else is an afterthought.

    If that's the case I'd rather they just switch to a subscription model with F2P remaining as it is.

    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Help me Marie Kondo my life and buy my old stuff
    CptHamilton
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    From the patch notes today:

    "-Fixed an issue that caused flawless players who reset to their ticket to prioritize matching with other flawless resetters for the first two wins on the new ticket.
    -This issue would occur even when Flawless matchmaking was disabled. "

    hmmmmmmmmmm

    twitch.tv/tw1tch0rz
    ArteenLocal H Jay
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    From the patch notes today:

    "-Fixed an issue that caused flawless players who reset to their ticket to prioritize matching with other flawless resetters for the first two wins on the new ticket.
    -This issue would occur even when Flawless matchmaking was disabled. "

    hmmmmmmmmmm

    They mentioned that in a [email protected] or something a few weeks back. Some weird matchmaking thing going on with reset cards.

  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I don't really understand why Bungie hasn't gone to a subscription model. I guess maybe the number suggest they'd lose money if they stretched the sales price across a year of subscription prices from people who drop out for a month here and a month there? The way they sell content just seems bafflingly complex. Like if I wanted a friend to start playing Destiny 2 when Witch Queen drops, I wouldn't know what to tell them to buy. Just Witch Queen? Beyond Light too? I don't actually care what the answer is because I'm not trying to do that but the fact that I can't tell you the answer for a game I've been playing and talking about relatively consistently for however many years it's been now seems very odd to me.

    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The answer is tell them to get game pass (if on PC) because then they only have to buy Witch Queen. I just think it's dumb they're specifically taking Dungeons and saying screw you to people who either don't wanna commit to another year of content we don't know the quality of, or who maybe can't afford it after nearly 2 years in a pandemic.

    Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    People would lose their shit if they went subs even if it was cheaper.

    Zombie Gandhishryke
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    The pricing tiers are dumb and confusing and grimy.

    But considering price alone, I'll gladly pay full price for the deluxe edition because I'll get my money's worth out of it easily.

    Zombie GandhiElkiForever ZefiroPeenThe Zombie Penguinshryke
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I don't really understand why Bungie hasn't gone to a subscription model. I guess maybe the number suggest they'd lose money if they stretched the sales price across a year of subscription prices from people who drop out for a month here and a month there? The way they sell content just seems bafflingly complex. Like if I wanted a friend to start playing Destiny 2 when Witch Queen drops, I wouldn't know what to tell them to buy. Just Witch Queen? Beyond Light too? I don't actually care what the answer is because I'm not trying to do that but the fact that I can't tell you the answer for a game I've been playing and talking about relatively consistently for however many years it's been now seems very odd to me.

    They'd almost lose people with a subscription fee. It's why most games have abandoned them.

  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    I don't really understand why Bungie hasn't gone to a subscription model. I guess maybe the number suggest they'd lose money if they stretched the sales price across a year of subscription prices from people who drop out for a month here and a month there? The way they sell content just seems bafflingly complex. Like if I wanted a friend to start playing Destiny 2 when Witch Queen drops, I wouldn't know what to tell them to buy. Just Witch Queen? Beyond Light too? I don't actually care what the answer is because I'm not trying to do that but the fact that I can't tell you the answer for a game I've been playing and talking about relatively consistently for however many years it's been now seems very odd to me.

    They'd almost lose people with a subscription fee. It's why most games have abandoned them.

    They likely can't with the console install base. I feel like Sony and MS would both throw a fit to take a game sold without a subscription and add one.

    I guess that could be the reason for Destiny 3 but that'd make it an even harder sell to consumers.

    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    The answer is tell them to get game pass (if on PC) because then they only have to buy Witch Queen. I just think it's dumb they're specifically taking Dungeons and saying screw you to people who either don't wanna commit to another year of content we don't know the quality of, or who maybe can't afford it after nearly 2 years in a pandemic.

    They’re not doing that though. You can wait and upgrade to deluxe later if you want, or Cozmo said they’ll also offer a separate way to buy the dungeons in the future, so there’s no need to pay up front.

    Edit - to be clear, Bungie’s pricing and options and packages, etc have been all over the place and is definitely confusing and I’m glad I’m a consumer whore that just buys everything so I don’t have to worry about it.

    Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    CptHamilton
Sign In or Register to comment.