As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

13468995

Posts

  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    They stealth nerfed public events for pages and candy farming, and hit the hunts for candy farming too.

    Basically, “exploit” early before Bungie breaks your way of doing the event.

  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    The worst bit is all of that was utterly fucking predictable if Bungie had anybody in design who played the game.

    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    CptHamiltonSirialis
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I mean for fucks sake Bungie, anyone who had the time already “abused” those methods in the first day or two, now all you’re doing is saying fuck you to everyone else still working on them.

    shoeboxjeddyArteenDevoutlyApatheticOpposingFarceCptHamiltonSirialis
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    I mean for fucks sake Bungie, anyone who had the time already “abused” those methods in the first day or two, now all you’re doing is saying fuck you to everyone else still working on them.

    They do this every time without fail. Pull up the ladder behind everyone who found the good method.

    DoodmannshrykeObiFettCatalaseSirialisDyvim Tvar
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    I mean for fucks sake Bungie, anyone who had the time already “abused” those methods in the first day or two, now all you’re doing is saying fuck you to everyone else still working on them.

    They do this every time without fail. Pull up the ladder behind everyone who found the good method.

    I feel like this time they’re being extra-dickish by leaving it out of the hotfix patch notes

    Hopefully the expunge candy drops are still there to grind, I can try for some good armor on my alts too

  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    https://mobile.twitter.com/A_dmg04/status/1451295874340978690?s=20

    Apparently a weird bug, but still feels like ass covering because the bug is related to downgrading a nightfall because of how easy it was just to screw people over trying to farm it.

  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/A_dmg04/status/1451295874340978690?s=20

    Apparently a weird bug, but still feels like ass covering because the bug is related to downgrading a nightfall because of how easy it was just to screw people over trying to farm it.

    I feel like this is ass covering too, not that I care for the lore unlocks or triumphs.

    Generally when stealth nerfs happen and the "its a bug" comes around there's context where it seems plausible.

    Like, "sorry we nerfed [x] weapon, it was associated with the nerf of [y] weapon category erroneously."

    That makes sense.

    For this one... someone somewhere intended to reduce the rates.

  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Also super excited for the glaive to snap crucible balance over its knee, not even joking.

    I bet it will launch with some sort of synthoceps-level of melee lunge or something that it clearly should not have in pvp.

    PvP Melee in this game has enough issues as is. I can't wait till we get a whole non-power weapon type based around it!

  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I would buy “we toyed with lowering these rates but ultimately decided against it, but the code made it to production by accident anyways”, but yeah.

    Like, I get deciding that:
    NF = 5 pages, but whoops not that fast
    Expunge = 3-4 pages, but whoops not that fast again
    Hunts were literally abusing the lure, so whatever, that’s an actual exploit.

    But just efficiently doing public events? Saying that’s not worth the page count you assigned it because it’s now the most efficient method would just be a total fuck move.

    ronzo on
    Zombie GandhishoeboxjeddyOpposingFarceCatalaseDyvim Tvar
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    As I sit on the dungeons thing I think maybe the issue is something in their systems that makes it hard or illegal for them to sell previous seasons adhoc so to avoid stuff like presage being lost if you didn’t buy that season they separated out the dungeons?

    I know I’m bummed I missed that one peice of content so if this is the only way for them to fix that I suppose that makes sense. I’d rather them just let us buy old seasons if we want.

    616610-1.png
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/A_dmg04/status/1451295874340978690?s=20

    Apparently a weird bug, but still feels like ass covering because the bug is related to downgrading a nightfall because of how easy it was just to screw people over trying to farm it.

    I feel like this is ass covering too, not that I care for the lore unlocks or triumphs.

    Generally when stealth nerfs happen and the "its a bug" comes around there's context where it seems plausible.

    Like, "sorry we nerfed [x] weapon, it was associated with the nerf of [y] weapon category erroneously."

    That makes sense.

    For this one... someone somewhere intended to reduce the rates.

    They were fiddling around with the rate at which pages and candy drops. It seems entirely plausible something went fucky there with however the drops for pages and candy triggers and some wires got crossed or the wrong entry in a table got changed or something.

  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    It's been a good night of Destiny. I finally got my Mythoclast, finally finally, and then my sixth Alter run got me the QuickDraw/swashbuckler Blasphemer I've been looking for.

    twitch.tv/tw1tch0rz
    Local H JayZombie GandhiElkiSaurfangGnomeTankDevoutlyApatheticArteenshrykeGONG-00Wraith260CptHamiltonYerMumForever ZefiroDoodmannshoeboxjeddylakhesisStupid
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Congrats!!

    Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    It's been a good night of Destiny. I finally got my Mythoclast, finally finally, and then my sixth Alter run got me the QuickDraw/swashbuckler Blasphemer I've been looking for.

    Meanwhile, at 45 runs...

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    YerMumDoodmann
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Not gunna lie, the vex fatigue is also a factor on me cooling on the game as of late.

    5% with no escalating bad luck protection is super fucked up.

    And the fact that they haven't mentioned it at all means they're comfortable with the situation and it matches the intent.

    So it feels extra bad because bungie intends for me to have this poor experience.

  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    It's been a good night of Destiny. I finally got my Mythoclast, finally finally, and then my sixth Alter run got me the QuickDraw/swashbuckler Blasphemer I've been looking for.

    Meanwhile, at 45 runs...

    I got it on my 35th, not quite as bad but I feel you.

    This gun is rude, I knew it was, but people almost visibly tilt in the crucible when you're using it and I just want a sign that says "First Game, Not Toxic I Swear"

    twitch.tv/tw1tch0rz
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Not gunna lie, the vex fatigue is also a factor on me cooling on the game as of late.

    5% with no escalating bad luck protection is super fucked up.

    And the fact that they haven't mentioned it at all means they're comfortable with the situation and it matches the intent.

    So it feels extra bad because bungie intends for me to have this poor experience.

    The combination of "incredibly rare with complete RNG" and "crucible meta" just feels very, very unfun.

    YerMumDoodmannshoeboxjeddyGnomeTankThe Zombie Penguin
  • YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Not gunna lie, the vex fatigue is also a factor on me cooling on the game as of late.

    5% with no escalating bad luck protection is super fucked up.

    And the fact that they haven't mentioned it at all means they're comfortable with the situation and it matches the intent.

    So it feels extra bad because bungie intends for me to have this poor experience.

    I've been told by someone at bungo that there is bad luck protection on it, I'm not convinced though (44 runs here)

    Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I want to say the last person in our raid group was in the high 50s or low 60's before it dropped.

    For Eyes of Tomorrow, our last person got it in the low 70s. We were so pissed it didn't happen on 69 because we have amazing senses of humor, let me tell ya :biggrin: .

    And yes, we keep accurate counts, unlike a lot of people who don't and give higher numbers than what could be done given when the raid came out.

    Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    You only have 3 chances per week correct?

    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Help me Marie Kondo my life and buy my old stuff
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Technically if you're insane, you can delete a character and run it more than once, but that's so much work it's yeah... Not something normal humans do

    Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Doodmann wrote: »
    You only have 3 chances per week correct?

    Yep, one per character.

    And I think that 'per character' also means 'per class' (it is possible to have, say, 2 titans if you want, but I believe it's also class locked?)
    YerMum wrote: »
    Not gunna lie, the vex fatigue is also a factor on me cooling on the game as of late.

    5% with no escalating bad luck protection is super fucked up.

    And the fact that they haven't mentioned it at all means they're comfortable with the situation and it matches the intent.

    So it feels extra bad because bungie intends for me to have this poor experience.

    I've been told by someone at bungo that there is bad luck protection on it, I'm not convinced though (44 runs here)

    You mean you've been told by a real life bungie employee that there is bad luck protection? Hmm. Yeah, I'm still doubtful, because if there was bad luck protection then bungie could easily say

    "Hey, we know there's a bunch of you upset about vex, but just know there is bad luck protection - so keep at it!"

    But they haven't even said that. I mean I'd honestly be content with that comment, too. It's them saying they want to low, but not have failed attempts be a complete waste (of sorts).

    Although they didn't state that Eyes had bad luck protection until it was fixed and working properly (even then, I'm not sure it's working?)
    Technically if you're insane, you can delete a character and run it more than once, but that's so much work it's yeah... Not something normal humans do

    I think there might be protection against that now?

    Not sure, just heard some LFG games I've been in say that.

    OpposingFarce on
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    YerMum wrote: »
    Not gunna lie, the vex fatigue is also a factor on me cooling on the game as of late.

    5% with no escalating bad luck protection is super fucked up.

    And the fact that they haven't mentioned it at all means they're comfortable with the situation and it matches the intent.

    So it feels extra bad because bungie intends for me to have this poor experience.

    I've been told by someone at bungo that there is bad luck protection on it, I'm not convinced though (44 runs here)

    Even if they gave you a +1% drop rate for every time you don't get it, after 45 runs you'd be at 50/50, and honestly I'd expect something out of Bungie like "If you don't get it for a month we bump the drop rate up to 10%"

    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    Doodmann
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    At the end of the day, I think they're being a bit too conservative on the drop rate. I'm not saying it should drop in the first 10 runs, even, but once you hit 25....c'mon now.

    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular


    Candy is fixed, Halloween isn’t canceled

    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    shoeboxjeddy
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Well I got to my usual spot in Freelance Competitive where frustration sets in (between 4600-5000). I don't know how the players so high in matchmaking make such poor decisions, but here we are (Just. Pop. Your. Super. Especially in a 1v1 when are down 2-3 and the opponent also has a shutdown super)

    Local H Jayshryke
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    At the end of the day, I think they're being a bit too conservative on the drop rate. I'm not saying it should drop in the first 10 runs, even, but once you hit 25....c'mon now.

    I'll say it. If you run the raid for 10 weeks, if you haven't gotten it to drop in the first 9 weeks the first run in week 10 should be a guaranteed drop. That's 2.5 months of doing an activity that probably takes several hours the first time and might get down to like an hour once you've really mastered it. That's a lot of playtime to get a gun. Like, a lot.

    You get, what, 12ish raid spoils for a raid run? And it takes 250 to buy an old raid exotic from the kiosk? That's ~21 runs. If that's enough to earn me an unrelated exotic, it certainly ought to be more than enough to earn me the exotic for the raid I've run 20-odd times.

    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    ArteenrndmheroDoodmannPeenGnomeTankshoeboxjeddy
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    I'll confess, while I know that a ton of people are willing to grind out the raid for 60+ completions, the current system just incentivizes me to not try at all. I ran VoG dozens of times in D1, I've done maybe a dozen more in D2, and you know what? I'm good with it. I feel like I've played enough VoG to be happy with it, and the idea of grinding out another fifty completions to get this one gun is just mind-boggling to me. I don't have a group or time or desire to grind out 3 per week, every single week, for months in a row. 60 completions of a raid is, to me, functionally infinity, so I'm just not going to bother.

    DoodmannWraith260Dyvim TvarCptHamilton
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    I'll confess, while I know that a ton of people are willing to grind out the raid for 60+ completions, the current system just incentivizes me to not try at all. I ran VoG dozens of times in D1, I've done maybe a dozen more in D2, and you know what? I'm good with it. I feel like I've played enough VoG to be happy with it, and the idea of grinding out another fifty completions to get this one gun is just mind-boggling to me. I don't have a group or time or desire to grind out 3 per week, every single week, for months in a row. 60 completions of a raid is, to me, functionally infinity, so I'm just not going to bother.

    I'd imaging we are getting to the point where people are going to get boss checkpoints and cycle everyone through that way. Especially once people are regularly 2 cycling aethon.

    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Help me Marie Kondo my life and buy my old stuff
    shryke
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I'll say it. If you run the raid for 10 weeks, if you haven't gotten it to drop in the first 9 weeks the first run in week 10 should be a guaranteed drop. That's 2.5 months of doing an activity that probably takes several hours the first time and might get down to like an hour once you've really mastered it. That's a lot of playtime to get a gun. Like, a lot.

    You get, what, 12ish raid spoils for a raid run? And it takes 250 to buy an old raid exotic from the kiosk? That's ~21 runs. If that's enough to earn me an unrelated exotic, it certainly ought to be more than enough to earn me the exotic for the raid I've run 20-odd times.
    When I say 25, I more meant 25 kills. You can get 3 kills per week and that's very fast with the CP (and worst case scenario one real run per week).

    In other words, I think we agree, since 25 runs would put you slightly over 2 months.

    And I also agree, I was thinking about the spoils. If you can accrue enough spoils to get an Anarchy, you should be able to get Vex.

    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Doodmann
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Doodmann wrote: »
    rndmhero wrote: »
    I'll confess, while I know that a ton of people are willing to grind out the raid for 60+ completions, the current system just incentivizes me to not try at all. I ran VoG dozens of times in D1, I've done maybe a dozen more in D2, and you know what? I'm good with it. I feel like I've played enough VoG to be happy with it, and the idea of grinding out another fifty completions to get this one gun is just mind-boggling to me. I don't have a group or time or desire to grind out 3 per week, every single week, for months in a row. 60 completions of a raid is, to me, functionally infinity, so I'm just not going to bother.

    I'd imaging we are getting to the point where people are going to get boss checkpoints and cycle everyone through that way. Especially once people are regularly 2 cycling aethon.

    We already do this. A lot of us will run it once fresh, get the CP's on our alts, and just burn down Atheon on the other two characters. We are regularly two cycling Atheon, as you say.

    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • lakhesislakhesis Registered User regular
    So I jumped onto Freelance Trials, because they doubled rep this weekend and I wanted to farm for Messenger rolls.

    And then... I went flawless?!?!
    2gcfgsul76sd.jpg

    I. What?!

    PSN: strangerfork
    Forever ZefiroZombie GandhiPeenshrykeDyvim TvarArteenGnomeTankmetaghostThe Zombie PenguinDisrupterWraith260Local H JayYerMum
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    rndmhero wrote: »
    I'll confess, while I know that a ton of people are willing to grind out the raid for 60+ completions, the current system just incentivizes me to not try at all. I ran VoG dozens of times in D1, I've done maybe a dozen more in D2, and you know what? I'm good with it. I feel like I've played enough VoG to be happy with it, and the idea of grinding out another fifty completions to get this one gun is just mind-boggling to me. I don't have a group or time or desire to grind out 3 per week, every single week, for months in a row. 60 completions of a raid is, to me, functionally infinity, so I'm just not going to bother.

    I'd imaging we are getting to the point where people are going to get boss checkpoints and cycle everyone through that way. Especially once people are regularly 2 cycling aethon.

    That's exactly where I'm at - I run it once properly to get the checkpoint, or less if I can just grab the checkpoint off another group, then I bang out my boss completions and go on my way

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    GnomeTankDoodmann
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Flawless with @Local H Jay and @Mustachio Jones!
    583DX4ih.jpg

    I took my previous hate mail's advice and swapped my Shinobu's Vow Arcstrider for a Frostees Revenant. I guess it worked out, thanks! I was feeling bummed about playing bad last night but I'm happy with how this morning's session went.

    Local H JayWraith260shrykeForever ZefiroElkilakhesisDisrupterZombie GandhiPeenYerMumCatalase
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Yeah great card, some wild games. And Jones got his flawless title!

    Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    ArteenDisrupter
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Swung out a second flawless using LFG
    e3yiz0ffpeqg.jpg

    I was second guessing my loadout a lot last night but it came together today

    Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    ArteenWraith260shryke
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I manged a flawless run in the freelance playlist!
    1AMC3DPh.png

    I grabbed a Ferocity card not expecting much, but I managed to pull it off! The middle matches were both 5-4 nailbiter comebacks. Flawless match gave me a 1297 teammate so I had to sweat my butt off to clinch it. I played out of my mind. Note: The match was a 3v3 but one of the opponents left before the scoreboard came up.
    96Am1mSh.jpg

    I got the Tireless Blade + Chain Reaction adept sword of my dreams from the chest. I'm so pumped.

    Local H JaylakhesisPeenZombie GandhiYerMumWraith260
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    This map plays so weirdly in Trials, you expect it to be campy and then it's just rushdown city and constant knife fights, I couldn't get out of my own way last night. I'm torn between saying the hell with Trials, I have what I want out of it, and throwing myself back in to redeem myself and I know what it's probably going to end up being.

    twitch.tv/tw1tch0rz
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    For me, I’m ok getting stomped a lot as long as I feel like I’m improving

    But the problem is as the player base gets sweatier even if you’re doing better your results will get worse

    Also i went on vacation this week and apparently that’s all it takes to cure destiny addiction because I went from insanely obsessed to having zero desire to play

    616610-1.png
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Welp, speaking from the bottom 8% of the skill bracket, this Freelance Trials thing is looking pretty freaking amazing. I actually... want to play it more? (How does that happen?) My first time in there and it was a nail-biter, but I managed a win AND got a new (to me) trophy.

    I was so happy, I recorded a video! I didn't realize the PS5 controller mic was on during the gameplay so there is a local echo from the TV speakers, and it picked up all of the controller rubbing on my lap while I was playing. Not to mention my offhand comments.

    It took me 8 matches to get the 50 rounds for the pinnacle, with four of those being wins! I think there is some kind of SBMM going on because (unlike normal Trials) I never felt like I was being stomped on - it actually felt mostly competitive! For me, "competitive" means that I'm still outclassed, but not impossibly so. And I could potentially be not at the bottom of the leaderboard. You know, the kind of game that tests your skill level without overwhelming you. Very difficult, but achievable. This felt like that all night.

    I'm still not going to see Flawless in this mode. I'm just simply not 'good enough' to get there (even with crutches). But that's all right.

    Pretty much my biggest complaint with this mode is that the matchmaking takes a very long time, but I'd much prefer to wait in a queue for 2-3 minutes and have a decent match than to be auto-matched in 10 seconds and have it be a blowout. Note: of the 8 games I played, one was exactly this. My entire team only got one kill for the entire five rounds. At least it was quick, right? (Because it certainly wasn't fun.)


    26904.png
    Forever ZefiroWraith260YerMum
Sign In or Register to comment.