As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    It's just got insane range and a nice sight so it's easier to land shots wit than most SMGs

It's ridiculous on PC

But what makes it better than ARs? Since the Ttk isn’t special I doubt the range is better than AR range? Is it the handling?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    It's definitely got enough range to hang with ARs, even more so on PC

It just feels good to shoot y'know that and you can slot adept mods

Decent perk pool too, most people just don't like ARs

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    It's just got insane range and a nice sight so it's easier to land shots wit than most SMGs

It's ridiculous on PC

But what makes it better than ARs? Since the Ttk isn’t special I doubt the range is better than AR range? Is it the handling?

ARs and SMGs, and even archetypes within them, don't just boil down to range and TTK. I think the main difference is basically everything else. SMGs feel better to use then ARs and are mainly held back by being shorter range. ARs have been mediocre since Bungie killed them with Beyond Light launch and then Bungie dropped SMGs with insane zoom so they aren't held back by range and so here we are.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Keep in mind the enemy may have Kill Clip active if you’re getting melted faster than you anticipated

But yeah I think it just feels better than an AR in Crucible

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    I'm still locked out of a stasis fragment because Bungie did a patch pass where they wiped out unspent Memory Fragments from inventories.
    Weird. I still have two memory fragments.
    Keep in mind the enemy may have Kill Clip active if you’re getting melted faster than you anticipated

Yeah, Kill Clip is a big thing. PC players as well can laser you in the head with it.

720 Autos are pretty good and I think the new Sweet Sorrow is an underrated one (it can be made super stable and the range is better than an SMG), but in general their reticule bounces around more than SMGs, so you'll miss some shots. SMGs just kill.

If you think Shayura's is good, Disrupter, you should see Multimach.

Separately, I took slug shotties out for a spin in this apparent fusion meta and they still dumpster fusions if you do it right. It's satisfying to hear that fusion charging up and then just doming them before it goes off.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    As always, the "fusion meta" is a joke.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    The fusion meta is not a joke but if the fusion user isn't so good you can definitely clown on them with a slug shotgun. Fusions have a really great sweet range spot where they're invincible but as the user you need to know where that is and how to pre-charge to avoid getting killed by people rushing you. I was using Deliverance/Contingency Plan last week and doing really well but I also got midtown and radiant cliffs and eternity back to back to back on rotation for a session.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    I'm still locked out of a stasis fragment because Bungie did a patch pass where they wiped out unspent Memory Fragments from inventories.
    Weird. I still have two memory fragments.

Yeah, Kill Clip is a big thing. PC players as well can laser you in the head with it.

720 Autos are pretty good and I think the new Sweet Sorrow is an underrated one (it can be made super stable and the range is better than an SMG), but in general their reticule bounces around more than SMGs, so you'll miss some shots. SMGs just kill.

If you think Shayura's is good, Disrupter, you should see Multimach.

Separately, I took slug shotties out for a spin in this apparent fusion meta and they still dumpster fusions if you do it right. It's satisfying to hear that fusion charging up and then just doming them before it goes off.

Oh I haven’t used much shayuras but mulimach is prob the only smg I ever really tried in the last few years

Right now trying to grind up glory to get this last chance unbroken and just messing with builds. I need a good hand cannon to pair with le monarque. 120s are just too cumbersome feeling.

Trying to start off sniper then swap to the bow once I blow my shots. Might try cloudstrike then swapping if I don’t land my shots. Currently using fathers sins which feels nice but the body shot is practically useless

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    Ive never seen a more obvious paid account recovery before in my life. Playing glory playlist. My teammate went 21-1 just linear fusion no scope 360ing everything. Like he’d just run at the enemy and headshot the entire team instantly.

I assume he wasn’t cheating? But Ive never been more suspicious of anyone in any game ever.

It was glorious to watch the kill feed.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Kill clip is obviously very good, but I find myself sticking with the tap-the-trigger + dynamic sway Shauyra over kill clip. It’s a laser.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Patch Notes:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51249

Some Highlights:
    Trials of Osiris:
    - Fixed an issue where Adept Trials weapons were dropping for wins past 7 on a Passage of Confidence without first requiring a Flawless ticket.
    - Dev note: Funny enough, this is the biproduct of something we’ve been working on over the last season to improve Adept drop rates post-flawless, as well as help the Flawless pool feel more rewarding... which leads us to the next patch note!
    - Once players have gone flawless in a given week, they now have a chance of earning Adept Weapon drops on any Trials Ticket that has earned 7 or more wins while the Flawless Pool is active, regardless of loss counts.
    - This will reset weekly.
    Fixed an issue that was causing the "Empirical Evidence" sidearm to be less stable than intended.
    This has been updated to be closer in feel to the "Breachlight" sidearm.
    The damage bonus from the "Bait and Switch" perk has been increased from 20% to 35%
    Weapon Crafting
    Adjusted Enhanced Chain Reaction and Enhanced Field Prep to provide benefits to more archetypes.
    Added an additional Deepsight Resonance extraction option that focuses only on Neutral Element.

• Options
    That's a potentially really good Trials change. We'll see how it plays out, obviously, but on the surface it looks very good.

• Options
    So more than half my glory matches I feel like the worst player in the lobby. It’s rough. Like I resort to just playing my life and helping my better teammates thrive

This is not a great feeling. I’ll pop off a round or two here and there and definitely avoid being a full on anchor but if I want that unbroken I gotta get gud!

616610-1.png
  • Options
    So more than half my glory matches I feel like the worst player in the lobby. It’s rough. Like I resort to just playing my life and helping my better teammates thrive

This is not a great feeling. I’ll pop off a round or two here and there and definitely avoid being a full on anchor but if I want that unbroken I gotta get gud!

Not dying is absolutely the #1 thing you should do in Comp to help your team win. Sometimes just not dying and letting a better player clean house is the right choice.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Nooo not the wormgod caress.

I'm getting kinda tired of stuff I like getting nerfed because of One-Two Punch, tbh.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    I don't think they nerfed it, I think they just unfucked it so that people couldn't exploit it anymore, am I reading it wrong?

Also I hope that Empirical Evidence change is significant because I want and need an aggressive burst sidearm in the Kinetic slot that's good.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    The throne world sidearm still sounds like a toy gun, don’t care how much they tweak the feel of it.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I’m still holding out hope for a re-release of the season of the dawn weapons. It’s absolutely terrible they missed the cutoff for sunsetting but warmind didn’t.

Just want my breachlight back, definitely going to give EE another go post patch now.

Also 8600 word TWAB coming tomorrow on sandbox (ability/weapon/perk balancing I think.)

• Options
    Dude who was enough of a monster in glory for me to check his load out was rocking empirical evidence and a bow (I forget the bow)

I know my buddy used to rock bow/sidearm back when he’d dominate trials so I’m drawn to trying it out.

Also sniping in 6s is hard.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    kpenr38yubqz.jpg
    Finally! Never taking this off

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    So pvp gods.., how come shayuras wrath feels like it melts me super quick but looking at the Ttk charts it’s .8 headshots which isn’t anything special?

Am I missing something? It seems like nobody should use it compared to an AR unless Smg get way better air accuracy or something?

Damage buffs and max range usually. Kill clip or harmony can then it into a monster.

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Daddy three emblems.

K41AHC6h.png

kpenr38yubqz.jpg
    Finally! Never taking this off

Took me an embarrassing number of game restarts before realizing I needed to visit the postmaster.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I knew they were gonna take a look at Icarus Grip before long

And wow, they finally killed Scavenger in PvP. Nice.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I was hype for most of that TWaB until they nerfed my barricade overshields.

I mean, I get it. People hate it. But as dedicated high-resilience Void Titan since forever, they are making my particular toy less fun, when it's had less than a season to shine.

But yeah, most of that was a good TWaB! Some big big changes coming.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    On the bright side, Gandhi, your high resilience Titan will still get the barricade quicker than lower tier ones AND you get an amazing side benefit.

Resilience will affect flinch.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    I don’t like bungies opinion on air combat. Like destiny has always felt like it I try to jump and shoot people I’m flipping a coin so I don’t do it, but then some warlock will dominate floating around with a fusion rifle mapping people in the air.

I’d prefer they just had like zero air penalty and let us jump 360 no scope. I get why they don’t but I prefer lack of rng

I suppose this change takes it less out of rng and more into skill but I’ll wait and see.

Jump stompees chaperone seems like the slug will miss so hard it kills you for trying

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Air combat is hugely punishing for lower skill players and controller players is probably a big part of it.

We'll see how this works out but trying to punish people for just taking to the air in every situation is fine by me. This should especially hit hunters which is even finer by me.

• Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    On the bright side, Gandhi, your high resilience Titan will still get the barricade quicker than lower tier ones AND you get an amazing side benefit.

Resilience will affect flinch.

Yeah the Resiloence buff for flinch got me really excited. Combined with the hit to specials and the nerf to In-Air/Stompees, and I am hype.

I guess my playstyle is a bit boring, but hey, the cycle will return to crazy mobility OHKO eventually.

Also I was sad no buffs/changed to Collective Obligation for PVP, because I just got one last night and want it to be slightly easier to trigger on guardians.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »
    Air combat is hugely punishing for lower skill players and controller players is probably a big part of it.

We'll see how this works out but trying to punish people for just taking to the air in every situation is fine by me. This should especially hit hunters which is even finer by me.

See I never have an issue with hunters in the air, it’s always fusion warlocks or jotun Titans or the occasional AR/smg warlock

Hunters jump to get in shotgun range but because of the nature of double jump resetting your gun you don’t have the substained fire in air that the other classes do

I’ve been loving stompees /smg to jump out of shotgun range and melt the apes. Kinda sucks to lose that. I love stompees but I don’t do a ton of air combat. Can they give me a slide/sprint speed version of stompees without the air penalty but no increased jump?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    What do you mean about sustained fire? Like hipfiring?

Because hunter is the only class that can maintain nearly all of its momentum while ads’ing during the jump, neither of the other classes (outside of TTD) can do that.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    ronzo wrote: »
    What do you mean about sustained fire? Like hipfiring?

Because hunter is the only class that can maintain nearly all of its momentum while ads’ing during the jump, neither of the other classes (outside of TTD) can do that.

No I mean floating up there and unloading a clip of an smg or charge and fire a fusion from the sky

Hunter can maintain momentum sure but I don’t see hunters fully killing me from the air. They can get a band cannon shot in, maybe two? But other warlock and Titan can have a full engagement mid air

Maintaining momentum is cool but it also makes it difficult to land shots. Striking from an unexpected angle and maintaining that angle for an entire clip is something hunters can’t do

Edit: I’m not saying the hunter air game isn’t better. It’s just different and doesn’t allow for substained fire from above the way the others do. It’s more bouncing around taking shots which is why handcannon and shotty work so well with it

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    I guess my point is I get domed far, far more often by hunter overhead with a slug or high impact shotgun than I do from anything warlock or Titan can do in the air. That might be a factor of elo and ps5 vs pc though.

I basically just don’t see crazy SMG titans or TTD heat rising warlocks other than once in a blue moon, and the person doing it could probably also kick my ass 5 ways to sunday from the ground. Stompees shotgun hunters are literally every single game.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Close range, most hunters dominate the air. Warlocks have the high ground at a distance tho. In general in air play is difficult to master in destiny meaning it further widens the skill gap between good and average players.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    What’s allowing Titans to throw down a barricade and get full health instantly? Been annoyed a few times when I dome a guy with monarque and push him only to be treated with full health and and overshield

616610-1.png
  • Options
    They don't have full health under the overshield, but usually that and the barricade allow them the time to regen.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Close range, most hunters dominate the air. Warlocks have the high ground at a distance tho. In general in air play is difficult to master in destiny meaning it further widens the skill gap between good and average players.

Hunters dominate the air at anything but long range. The ability to instantly disappear off your screen because of how their jump works is incredibly powerful.

I think basically any kind of warlock air dominance is really just "Top tree dawnblade is too strong". And that's mostly floating around finding weird angles or having a hunter dodge while not playing hunter.

Warlock or titan jump is so comparatively slow that it's mostly just making your movement more predictable and so you are easier to shoot.

shryke on
  • Options
    Getting every class blink will go a long way

• Options
    What’s allowing Titans to throw down a barricade and get full health instantly? Been annoyed a few times when I dome a guy with monarque and push him only to be treated with full health and and overshield

Crest of Alpha Lupi does a burst of healing when dropping a barricade.

So yeah, it basically is mini-Wormhusk plus Overshield and it will be less potent next week.