Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Get Wonked

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Get Wonked

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

Posts

  • Options
    LostNekoLostNeko Registered User new member
    I would watch it.

  • Options
    BropocalypseBropocalypse Registered User regular
    Wonky

  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    https://viewsync.net/watch?v=LIYNk4ARUR8&t=0&v=DDvhGi59j-s&t=0

    Obviously, you'll want to go full screen on the Crow video for maximum enjoyment.

    EDIT: I don't think it's coincidence that the scenes are almost exactly the same length...

    ironzerg on
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    It can't rain chocolate all the time.

  • Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    Guess it's not a good day to be a Mr. Goodbar.

    Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    islingtonislington Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    ... the FOMO pump begins to whirr in the basement and a meaningful hydraulic action begins to course through the pipes.

    Do not let Fear take hold, I propose JOMO!

    Take Joy in curating your media experiences, do not let fear guide your thoughts. Take joy in choosing to skip this months stupid hype train, watch that train depart, secure in the knowledge that you will miss nothing that can't be revisited later, and likely in better resolution!

    islington on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Guess it's not a good day to be a Mr. Goodbar.

    Watch young Wonka SNICKER at his enemies as he gets his first PAY DAY of 100 GRAND.

    Will he find ALMOND JOY and new TURKISH DELIGHTS with his new partner in love and business and finally get to SKITTLE their MOUNDS?

    MichaelLC on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Guess it's not a good day to be a Mr. Goodbar.

    Watch young Wonka SNICKER at his enemies as he gets his first PAY DAY of 100 GRAND.

    Will he find ALMOND JOY and new TURKISH DELIGHTS with his new partner in love and business and finally get to SKITTLE their MOUNDS?

    Sometimes you feel like a nut...

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Guess it's not a good day to be a Mr. Goodbar.

    Watch young Wonka SNICKER at his enemies as he gets his first PAY DAY of 100 GRAND.

    Will he find ALMOND JOY and new TURKISH DELIGHTS with his new partner in love and business and finally get to SKITTLE their MOUNDS?

    Sometimes you feel like a nut...

    "I feel like a little gummi worm on a big ******* hook!"

  • Options
    dejavu,againdejavu,again Registered User regular
    Couldn't agree more with Brenna, they're never going to top the Gene Wilder version and they should stop trying. But brand recognition is the easiest/most consistent way to get people in seats, so fuck making new things, just roll out that corpse and hope the lightning strikes again.

    Here's an idea: reboot stuff that wasn't amazing already, so you stop making inevitable disappointments.

  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    At some point in this movie, Wonka will pretend to be fatally shot, slowly fall forward, only to somersault back to his feet to mow down his enemies. ;)

    "It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

    -Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    To me, even the Gene Wilder version was unnecessary.

  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    islington wrote: »
    ... the FOMO pump begins to whirr in the basement and a meaningful hydraulic action begins to course through the pipes.

    Do not let Fear take hold, I propose JOMO!

    Take Joy in curating your media experiences, do not let fear guide your thoughts. Take joy in choosing to skip this months stupid hype train, watch that train depart, secure in the knowledge that you will miss nothing that can't be revisited later, and likely in better resolution!
    The FOMO pump goes BRRRRRRRRRRRR.

  • Options
    lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    Welp. Now it's time to watch The Crow again.

  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    islington wrote: »
    ... the FOMO pump begins to whirr in the basement and a meaningful hydraulic action begins to course through the pipes.

    Do not let Fear take hold, I propose JOMO!

    Take Joy in curating your media experiences, do not let fear guide your thoughts. Take joy in choosing to skip this months stupid hype train, watch that train depart, secure in the knowledge that you will miss nothing that can't be revisited later, and likely in better resolution!
    The FOMO pump goes BRRRRRRRRRRRR.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinor#Mathematical_definition

    THE FOMO PUMP GOES SPINNY BRRRRRRRRR! #MadScience

Sign In or Register to comment.