As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Smash Bros Fighter Pass ∞ - Congratulations! (Village wins)

17891012

Posts

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Locus wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    [*] Locus was vigged and mafia killed
    Somehow I managed to pull off being both too suspicious and too villagery.

    Special hunting is hard, I suspect.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
    Locus
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Whew, what an interesting start.

    I was a guard.

    Day 1 - Vig and Mafia try to shoot me. No extra kills for the day and Lucedes connects to understand why their Vig shot didn't land.
    Day 2 - Mafia bus drove me onto premium. Some confusion here, but premium was also a guard, so we were both guarded, and their kill didn't land (not sure who was targeted, premium or me). Seer targets premium and lands on me because of bus drive.

    So, on Day 3, myself, Lucedes (Vig), and Calica (Seer) were networked.

    From there, Calica seered Kime and mrpaku, but because Thralls exist, they weren't pulled into a group PM.

    A good vote out of Bucketman along with a good shot by Lucedes on MamaWolf, and we went into yesterday knowing 2 names that seered village, the 3 specials alive, Locus (who led Bucketman vote), and the 3 unknowns (Wildcat, Aura, 38th).

    Literally all the good things that could happen to the village happened here to build a fast network and keep people alive long enough to narrow the list of possible mafia. Plus, no mafia thrall infiltrated a network, so they didn't have a picture of who else might be a special out there.

    H3Knuckles
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    But the most important question remains: mrpaku, were you Q-Bert?

    q3c0qxnfpbll.png

    sfzxzyer5yz0.png

    5133e5ijozyx.png

    Damn right! 8-)

    I also finally got to 10 coins! But, the village win ended up making them unnecessary, so I'm not sure what lesson was ultimately learned here

    38thDoeAuralynxBucketmankimeLucedesCalicaHefflingH3Knuckles
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    2 guards a seer and a vig is a lot for a 16 player game! Especially with potential Resurrection.

    Also 2 of the mafia just died to the smash matches.
    I'm not saying mafia loss wasn't the mafia's fault, we had some confusion on orders being submitted one day. That being said I can't see this ending any other way then village victory.

    I had a lot of fun playing. Thanks for running @H3Knuckles

    discriderAuralynxWildcatMamaWolfBucketmankimeLucedesHeffling
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    Finished the game technically alive and undefeated in smash, despite never once having an arena/items/etc that advantaged me

    Keep telling yourself that, lightweight

    mrpakuH3Knuckles
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    2 guards a seer and a vig is a lot for a 16 player game! Especially with potential Resurrection.

    Also 2 of the mafia just died to the smash matches.
    I'm not saying mafia loss wasn't the mafia's fault, we had some confusion on orders being submitted one day. That being said I can't see this ending any other way then village victory.

    I had a lot of fun playing. Thanks for running @H3Knuckles

    This pretty much took the words from my mouth! Great game overall!! Thanks @H3Knuckles

    Also here is the Mafia discord:
    https://discord.gg/Spy9A24e

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    H3Knuckles
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Also glad no-one questioned where that bye on Calica came from...

    i did! but Calica seered me night one, so i just asked her. :rotate:

    Ah
    Mafia got told by H3 without asking.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Thanks for running! I'm super amused at Austin's story here, how the mafia found a special, so busdrove in order to bypass the guard and kill the special, but they busdrove with the other guard :D:D

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    LucedesCalica
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Whew, what an interesting start.

    I was a guard.

    Day 1 - Vig and Mafia try to shoot me. No extra kills for the day and Lucedes connects to understand why their Vig shot didn't land.

    Sounds like you should have died N1 also.
    Normally a guard only blocks the first kill.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Whew, what an interesting start.

    I was a guard.

    Day 1 - Vig and Mafia try to shoot me. No extra kills for the day and Lucedes connects to understand why their Vig shot didn't land.

    Sounds like you should have died N1 also.
    Normally a guard only blocks the first kill.

    Eh. That varies a lot. I'd actually say that normally it would block all kills? Well OK, normally it's not specified :P

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    H3Knuckles
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I guess technically the way H3 worded it, it sounds like all attacks
    You are a special Village role, the Guard. Each night you can protect one player of your choice (including yourself) from attacks.

    What I've really learned from this is that it was my time to eat a Day 1 death, so I'll be expecting that next game.

    kimemrpakuCalicaH3Knuckles
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Could guards self guard as well then?

    H3Knuckles
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited October 26
    Yep

    I self guarded Day 1 and Day 2, then guarded Seer and Vig Days 3 and 4

    AustinP0027 on
    H3Knuckles
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    oh yikes.

    AuralynxLucedes
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Yeah like day 3 me and Austin were both guarded, so when you bus drove us to try and get around a guard...

  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Whew, what an interesting start.

    I was a guard.

    Day 1 - Vig and Mafia try to shoot me. No extra kills for the day and Lucedes connects to understand why their Vig shot didn't land.

    Sounds like you should have died N1 also.
    Normally a guard only blocks the first kill.

    Eh. That varies a lot. I'd actually say that normally it would block all kills? Well OK, normally it's not specified :P

    Yeah this kinda changes from game to game

  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Wow, that's ... a lot of special power there.

  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    @Calica @Bucketman Hey hope you two enjoyed the game and join in next game too.

    Speaking of, who is next?

    MamaWolfkimemrpakuCalicaBucketmanH3Knuckles
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Wow, that's ... a lot of special power there.

    What all did the mafia have? A kill, obviously. The busdrive, which is powerful. Anything else?

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Whew, what an interesting start.

    I was a guard.

    Day 1 - Vig and Mafia try to shoot me. No extra kills for the day and Lucedes connects to understand why their Vig shot didn't land.

    Sounds like you should have died N1 also.
    Normally a guard only blocks the first kill.

    Eh. That varies a lot. I'd actually say that normally it would block all kills? Well OK, normally it's not specified :P

    Nah.
    Pretty much always it's been it only blocks the first attack so that you don't get days like day 1 where everyone attacks the same target and gets blocked by the same one guard, slowing the game down markedly.
    Usually it's so that the SK can double-tap with the Mafia rather than the Mafia and vig.

    It's also a bit disappointing that the village network was built from self-guards instead of actual verified villagers who were guarded and then saved from the Mafia.
    Need more mafia guards apparently.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I still think you're wrong on the guards, although it only comes up once every 4 years or something :P

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    It's possible that it's only specified when it's specified so it just seemed that way.
    Also someone needs to guard 38th from Rogue Legacy, just why

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
    38thDoe
  • LucedesLucedes keeps happening for some reason Registered User regular
    The guards were super effective at confirming villagers, since none of my kills went through until day 3 and actually, looking at it, even my final mafia vig was busdriven onto Locus instead. Wellllllll…

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    How so?
    Self-guarding doesn't make you villager.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    How so?
    Self-guarding doesn't make you villager.

    That is a bit of a risky assumption yeah. Often SKs get one free guard a game, or a single mafia member will, or such.

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Lucedes
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 26
    Like, guards can confirm by blocking the Mafia kill on someone else and then contacting them, which is what likely happened N2 with the self-guards being bus driven.
    But that's the guards knowing the alignment of the guarded.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Also someone needs to guard 38th from Rogue Legacy, just why

    I'm so close, I can reach it! Its ours! Yours and Mine!

    f9h5h3knxx5h.png

    WildcatH3Knuckles
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Wow, that's ... a lot of special power there.

    What all did the mafia have? A kill, obviously. The busdrive, which is powerful. Anything else?

    Thralls also. Not that it did anything this game because neither of them were seered the whole game.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Also someone needs to guard 38th from Rogue Legacy, just why

    I'm so close, I can reach it! Its ours! Yours and Mine!

    f9h5h3knxx5h.png

    I reckon if I swung you over there, I could get both of you to fall into the abyss.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
  • CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    I was Thrall from Warhammer. I got lucky early on - seered Lucedes/vig on night 1, and then we figured out Austin was a village guard because both night 1 kill attempts on them failed. Then on night 2 I tried to seer premium, which told us who Austin got switched with by the bus driver.

    I definitely had fun! Thanks for running, H3Knuckles :biggrin:

    A lot of people were saying this was a quiet game. I assume there's usually more in-thread discussion when there's more data to work with early on? My impression as a new player was that there just wasn't much to talk about, and without that all you've got is banter and roleplay, which is fun but not very helpful in game terms. Unless you're intentionally stirring the pot, I guess.

    kimeH3Knuckles
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    edited October 26
    kime wrote: »
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Wow, that's ... a lot of special power there.

    What all did the mafia have? A kill, obviously. The busdrive, which is powerful. Anything else?

    @kime We only had the Busdrive ability that during game became a power that could also Busdrive ressurection s if done right and wildcat was a Thrall. I believe that's it.

    MamaWolf on
    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Calica wrote: »
    I was Thrall from Warhammer. I got lucky early on - seered Lucedes/vig on night 1, and then we figured out Austin was a village guard because both night 1 kill attempts on them failed. Then on night 2 I tried to seer premium, which told us who Austin got switched with by the bus driver.

    I definitely had fun! Thanks for running, H3Knuckles :biggrin:

    A lot of people were saying this was a quiet game. I assume there's usually more in-thread discussion when there's more data to work with early on? My impression as a new player was that there just wasn't much to talk about, and without that all you've got is banter and roleplay, which is fun but not very helpful in game terms. Unless you're intentionally stirring the pot, I guess.

    Yeah, when more people die there's usually more to talk about. Weird coincidences this game lol

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    AuralynxMamaWolfCalica
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Calica wrote: »
    I was Thrall from Warhammer. I got lucky early on - seered Lucedes/vig on night 1, and then we figured out Austin was a village guard because both night 1 kill attempts on them failed. Then on night 2 I tried to seer premium, which told us who Austin got switched with by the bus driver.

    I definitely had fun! Thanks for running, H3Knuckles :biggrin:

    A lot of people were saying this was a quiet game. I assume there's usually more in-thread discussion when there's more data to work with early on? My impression as a new player was that there just wasn't much to talk about, and without that all you've got is banter and roleplay, which is fun but not very helpful in game terms. Unless you're intentionally stirring the pot, I guess.

    Please come back! Was great working with you, and this isn't your typical game in thread. Usually the thread is loaded with conversation and it's the softnetworking behind the scenes that can sometimes be sparse (for example, when people can't be trusted, so less you're willing to share).

    AuralynxMamaWolfCalicaWildcatH3Knuckles
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    It's also the case that the thread gets more quiet the more people get into the village network, as networked people no longer feel the need to justify themselves in thread.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
    mrpakupremium38thDoeLucedesAustinP0027Auralynx
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I really appreciate everyone's character assignments

    mrpakuCalicadiscriderpremiumWildcat
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Calica wrote: »
    I was Thrall from Warhammer. I got lucky early on - seered Lucedes/vig on night 1, and then we figured out Austin was a village guard because both night 1 kill attempts on them failed. Then on night 2 I tried to seer premium, which told us who Austin got switched with by the bus driver.

    I definitely had fun! Thanks for running, H3Knuckles :biggrin:

    A lot of people were saying this was a quiet game. I assume there's usually more in-thread discussion when there's more data to work with early on? My impression as a new player was that there just wasn't much to talk about, and without that all you've got is banter and roleplay, which is fun but not very helpful in game terms. Unless you're intentionally stirring the pot, I guess.

    No, I was the thrall!

    H3KnucklesLucedes
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of many interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    edited October 26
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Calica wrote: »
    I was Thrall from Warhammer. I got lucky early on - seered Lucedes/vig on night 1, and then we figured out Austin was a village guard because both night 1 kill attempts on them failed. Then on night 2 I tried to seer premium, which told us who Austin got switched with by the bus driver.

    I definitely had fun! Thanks for running, H3Knuckles :biggrin:

    A lot of people were saying this was a quiet game. I assume there's usually more in-thread discussion when there's more data to work with early on? My impression as a new player was that there just wasn't much to talk about, and without that all you've got is banter and roleplay, which is fun but not very helpful in game terms. Unless you're intentionally stirring the pot, I guess.

    No, I was the thrall!

    Hah, I was really disappointed there wasn't more of a reaction to there being characters named Miller (Last of Us) and Thrall (Warcraft) after the clarification about millers and thralls. I can't tell you how many times I got a big goofy grin thinking of that in the days leading up to the game. Of course there were the roles as well, but I was kind of hoping people would be thrown off and think it was just a joke, or at least get a couple good groans for it.

    Writing up host notes now, sorry for the delay everyone.

    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    WildcatCalicamrpakukimeLucedesMamaWolf
  • CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Calica wrote: »
    I was Thrall from Warhammer. I got lucky early on - seered Lucedes/vig on night 1, and then we figured out Austin was a village guard because both night 1 kill attempts on them failed. Then on night 2 I tried to seer premium, which told us who Austin got switched with by the bus driver.

    I definitely had fun! Thanks for running, H3Knuckles :biggrin:

    A lot of people were saying this was a quiet game. I assume there's usually more in-thread discussion when there's more data to work with early on? My impression as a new player was that there just wasn't much to talk about, and without that all you've got is banter and roleplay, which is fun but not very helpful in game terms. Unless you're intentionally stirring the pot, I guess.

    No, I was the thrall!

    Hah, I was really disappointed there wasn't more of a reaction to there being characters named Miller (Last of Us) and Thrall (Warcraft) after the clarification about millers and thralls. I can't tell you how many times I got a big goofy grin thinking of that in the days leading up to the game. Of course there were the roles as well, but I was kind of hoping people would be thrown off and think it was just a joke, or at least get a couple good groans for it.

    Writing up host notes now, sorry for the delay everyone.

    Hey, I introduced myself to Lucedes as 'Warchief of the Horde, seer, and possible bad pun"!

    H3Knuckles38thDoekimeLucedesmrpakuWildcat
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Calica wrote: »
    I was Thrall from Warhammer. I got lucky early on - seered Lucedes/vig on night 1, and then we figured out Austin was a village guard because both night 1 kill attempts on them failed. Then on night 2 I tried to seer premium, which told us who Austin got switched with by the bus driver.

    I definitely had fun! Thanks for running, H3Knuckles :biggrin:

    A lot of people were saying this was a quiet game. I assume there's usually more in-thread discussion when there's more data to work with early on? My impression as a new player was that there just wasn't much to talk about, and without that all you've got is banter and roleplay, which is fun but not very helpful in game terms. Unless you're intentionally stirring the pot, I guess.

    No, I was the thrall!

    Hah, I was really disappointed there wasn't more of a reaction to there being characters named Miller (Last of Us) and Thrall (Warcraft) after the clarification about millers and thralls. I can't tell you how many times I got a big goofy grin thinking of that in the days leading up to the game. Of course there were the roles as well, but I was kind of hoping people would be thrown off and think it was just a joke, or at least get a couple good groans for it.

    Writing up host notes now, sorry for the delay everyone.

    uh sorry, dropped the ball there.
    First question was
    - Am I the vig
    Followed by
    - I am a boring gun guy booooo

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Why is this cloud here?
    Why must it spite me?
    H3Knuckles
  • LucedesLucedes keeps happening for some reason Registered User regular
    I hadn’t been the vig in like four or five years

    Totally forgot to call, then just committed to not calling because of multiple guards and a bus driver.

    kimeH3Knuckles
Sign In or Register to comment.