As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] A L L H A I L T H E B E A M

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Random stat:

The Kings are currently 30-23.

More than 1/3rd of those losses are against teams which are on their second night of a b2b.

They have a record of 1-8 against teams that are playing their second night in a row.

Jragghen on
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Random stat:

The Kings are currently 30-23.

More than 1/3rd of those losses are against teams which are on their second night of a b2b.

They have a record of 1-8 against teams that are playing their second night in a row.

Guess what doesn’t happen in the playoffs

LtB!

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    That's an evergreen headline right there.

Dame doing crazy things, Blazers trailing.

• burboburbo Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

If he was staight on to the hoop, thats a legit half court shot right there. Dang.

Paul George just started crying and doesn’t know why

edited February 2023
    Lots of players on trading block but not much in news of potential deals yet. Deadline is Thursday, 3pm EDT. Biggest name being thrown around is Durant with new Suns owner supposedly wanting to make a run at him.

EDIT: And of course the moment I posted...

Dirtyboy on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Why the hell should the Nets trade him? He just signed a big money extension, at some point a team has to say to one of these "unhappy" superstar dipshits fuck you very much, you'll play through your contract and you'll fucking like it asshole. It's particularly galling in Durant's case, he tried to assemble a whole superteam and every decision turned out to be a bad one and it's the biggest case of "you've made your 40 million dollar bed now lie in it" in the NBA as far as I'm concerned, at least LeBron won his title before things fell apart.

Not sure why Lebron was a comparison, he has never asked to be traded or demanded out of a contract.

Moving Durant is very attractive to the Nets if he’s willing to compromise on the title viability of the team he would move to- the Nets had the best title chances of any team that could sign or trade for him, which is why he lost the fight with Joe Tsai in the offseason

Any team that could offer the Nets a compelling enough offer is a team likely far away from competing EXCEPT

OKC & NO and fuck maybe Utah have all shown viability that wasn’t apparent in the off-season and could throw enough 1st rounders at Brooklyn to swing something without fucking the current young rosters

Talking heads are saying Durant has more trade value in offseason for Nets.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    burbo wrote: »
    Not sure why Lebron was a comparison, he has never asked to be traded or demanded out of a contract.

He's a comparison for a player being in a bad situation that they put themselves into, not the contract hissy fit.

I only partially agree with the opinion of "It's all Lebron's fault! He's the GM". That is, of course, true on some level that he is a powerful person in the organization and has a lot of influence in shaping the roster, but the responsibility does, ultimately fall with the actual GM. It certainly makes it more challenging if Lebron is pushing for a bunch of bad ideas, but the challenge of the job is to convince him of a better vision with a team that can actually win, or to make the best team regardless of what Lebron thinks and take the heat. Its not likely he's going to be fired or thrown under the bus if he ignores what Lebron wants and builds a team that is actually competing for a championship. Like, we all have to do this in our jobs, figure out how to persuade powerful people to make the right decisions. Why do we exempt the GM of the Lakers from that?

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    The Sacramento Kings are closing in on a deal with Brooklyn to acquire Nets forward Ke

Jragghen on
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    burbo wrote: »
    I only partially agree with the opinion of "It's all Lebron's fault! He's the GM". That is, of course, true on some level that he is a powerful person in the organization and has a lot of influence in shaping the roster, but the responsibility does, ultimately fall with the actual GM. It certainly makes it more challenging if Lebron is pushing for a bunch of bad ideas, but the challenge of the job is to convince him of a better vision with a team that can actually win, or to make the best team regardless of what Lebron thinks and take the heat. Its not likely he's going to be fired or thrown under the bus if he ignores what Lebron wants and builds a team that is actually competing for a championship. Like, we all have to do this in our jobs, figure out how to persuade powerful people to make the right decisions. Why do we exempt the GM of the Lakers from that?

Because the “gm” is Kobe’s old agent and has no fucking qualifications whatsoever and everyone doubts he has the spine or pull to say no to LeGM.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Moving Durant is very attractive to the Nets if he’s willing to compromise on the title viability of the team he would move to- the Nets had the best title chances of any team that could sign or trade for him, which is why he lost the fight with Joe Tsai in the offseason

Any team that could offer the Nets a compelling enough offer is a team likely far away from competing EXCEPT

OKC & NO and fuck maybe Utah have all shown viability that wasn’t apparent in the off-season and could throw enough 1st rounders at Brooklyn to swing something without fucking the current young rosters

I don't see how title viability is relevant to Durant's destination. He's only one year into his contract which doesn't have a no trade clause so it's not like they need his approval for anything.

But the Nets can't get fair market value for an oft-injured player that's still top 5 in the league and has 3 years left on his contract after this season. It's virtually impossible. I think spending one more year to try and get players that aren't insane or deathly afraid of the free throw line makes more sense.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Isiah Thomas, probably.

That might be the whole list

Do they not remember his time with the Knicks?

It wasn’t even the bad deals that got him, it was the sexual harassment

It wasn’t even the sexual harassment that got him, it was the bad deals

The brain worms you'd need to want that guy near your organization let alone one that you only got the opportunity to acquire because of the seller's sexual misconduct history.

Billionaires really are all insane.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Magic lose a close one to the knicks , humanity is doomed and we are cursed to wander this empty desolate plain of existence to the day we are mercifully banished into the emptiness of oblivion.

EspantaPajaro on
    Total coincidence it happens after Kyrie is gone.

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    "Fuck, man."

-Lebron James

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Seen this on reddit, he is never being topped
    If Lebron ends up with say 42k points (a little low in my opinion), someone will need to come in at 19, play 90% of all games, and average 27ppg until they're 43 in order to pass that. Miss any significant time due to injury and there's no chance at all.

Modern load management makes that 90% figure the least realistic part of that whole hypothetical.

Don't forget the mental aspect of this. The youngest possible candidate to the scoring record in Luka has made it pretty clear he has other interests besides basketball and does not plan on playing as long as LeBron.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Made the loss easier to swallow I suppose

• DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular

Denied about an hour later. Haynes is either chronically full of shit or floating trial balloons. Hopefully the former but likely both.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
    edited February 2023
    Seen this on reddit, he is never being topped
    If Lebron ends up with say 42k points (a little low in my opinion), someone will need to come in at 19, play 90% of all games, and average 27ppg until they're 43 in order to pass that. Miss any significant time due to injury and there's no chance at all.

Vic enters the chat*

*redo the math averaging 37 a game

Captain Inertia on
    With the modern fitness routines of top athletes I think you'll see more and more players in all sports playing longer.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    With the modern fitness routines of top athletes I think you'll see more and more players in all sports playing longer.

They can play longer, but how many of them will have the drive to do that and not relax once they've got a shitload of money?

They're alphas, they can't stop until their bodies force them to.

DHS wrote: »

Denied about an hour later. Haynes is either chronically full of shit or floating trial balloons. Hopefully the former but likely both.

I wouldn't fault Haynes too hard on this one. A spokesperson confirmed they are friends and Thomas is on the board of directors for Ishbia's company "United Wholesale Mortgages." Maybe his source was wrong but I doubt Haynes made this up.

There are too many mortgage company owners in the nba

If only they took out mortgage on their own arenas instead of making cities pay for them.

This discussion has been closed.