Options

[NBA] A L L H A I L T H E B E A M

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    This Sarver story is both insane and also 100% expected from a total idiot shit head that’s had hundreds of millions of dollars of figurative protection for his extreme dumbassery

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    "We should have local strippers get pregnant by our players so we'll have an edge during free-agency in keeping them in PHX" is a strategy, sure.

Ye gods, man.

Last pint: Ridgeback Red / Block 15 - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    The Judge wrote: »
    "We should have local strippers get pregnant by our players so we'll have an edge during free-agency in keeping them in PHX" is a strategy, sure.

Ye gods, man.

WOW!

Even Daniel Snyder thinks that's too much.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Eh, coaches have not just accepted but begun scheming around Steph’s and Dame’s ranges because there’s so much offensive advantage not just from their own shots but from how they expand how much court the defense has to cover by like 40%

Yes but a one legged runner at 25ft is exactly the kind of shot you should criticize 99% of players for taking. Steph and Dame being exceptions has to have a decent slice of real estate in their coaches' heads at all times

It does make for hilarious high school basketball games though with kids trying to shoot from half a Sprint at half court

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

Ye gods, man.

WOW!

This is clearly a statement intended to shock and I have no doubt dozens of other franchise owners across multiple leagues talk like this.

Not excusing it, but there is no way Sarver is the only among his peers with this sort of radio shock jock attitude.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Every sports team owner is an alpha and probably say/do same or worse shit.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

Ye gods, man.

WOW!

This was in response to him finding out that Aldridge was leaning toward playing in Texas/SA because his kids lived there, so, yeah, pure class all the way.

Last pint: Ridgeback Red / Block 15 - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    More like “commence an ass-covering strategy to make it appear this was all new to us”

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Last year Trae would have stopped so his defender could run into him while he the jacked up a fake shot….this year VERY COOL SHIT

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

God Detroit is so cursed. Joe Dumars is still the GM?

Aka I feel very bad for Cade.

Also, lol Detroit traded a pic that could have landed the Giannis? lMAO

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    To be fair, 14 other teams technically passed on Giannis too. Anthony Bennett was the top pick in that draft and he hasn't played a game state-side in 5 years.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Also there is literally zero way anyone could have predicted how Giannis would develop physically.

In that draft he was a 6’8” combo guard with decent handles who was an okay shooter playing against rec league competition.

No one thought that kid was gonna grow like 4 inches and put on a hundred pounds of pure muscle IN THE NBA.

I mean, as a player, his skillset hasn’t improved much. He’s just now a seven foot tall 260 pound unstoppable freight train.

Hell, his shooting got WORSE because the man GREW and he had to change his entire form because now his hands were too big to shoot they way he learned to shoot originally!

Giannis is a once in a lifetime lottery ticket.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Same with Jokic

He grew differently though

Edit: I’m chuckling at the thought that the other Antetokounmpos were signed in the hopes they had to e same genetic quirk

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    That is only half-right. His skillset as a player improved MASSIVELY since he was drafted. He didn't even first attempt the sport till he was 13.

Everything about his journey to the NBA has been incredibly unusual.

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Looks like the Blazers GM Neil Olshey is under investigation for creating a toxic work environment. I hope they boot him, but wish it had been before a 5 (!?) Year deal for Billups that makes me feel too ick to follow them.

• Options
    Good riddance to Olshey.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    The mavericks are kinda ass to watch this year (3 years of wasting Luka with the same shit supporting cast is a bit frustrating), but sometimes Luka does something ridiculous like that and I feel a small amount of joy and happiness.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Warriors are 8-1 and Klay is about to return.

• Options
    The Cavs are 7-4 after spending 8 of their first 11 on the road. Rubio had an outlier night but Mobley had career high 26 points with 9 rebounds and 6 assists. At this rate he'll run away with ROY.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Excited that the Bulls are playing good basketball and that Dosunmu is playing really well off the bench as a rookie. I don't expect the Bulls to necessarily compete for a championship or anything this year, but they're a lot of fun

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Lamelo shoots 5 free throws in a row

https://streamable.com/307x36

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Bulls are very fun to watch, just a team full of underdogs.

Kelor on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I dunno if underdogs is the right word, given that they have three All Stars in the starting lineup, but it's also not wrong

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    I dunno if underdogs is the right word, given that they have three All Stars in the starting lineup, but it's also not wrong

A better way of putting it is that it feels like most of the roster has a chip on their shoulder for various reasons over the years. Or feel they have something they can prove.

Vucevic and Lavine have been dissatisfied with the players they've been put with over the years, Caruso offered to take a pay cut to stay on the Lakers and they cut him loose to help clear salary for Westbrook. Lonzo likewise got traded off to the Pelicans to assemble a Lakers engine, same with Derozan to the Spurs.

This alternate angle of Morris slamming into Jokic removes any sympathy I have for him. Jokic shouldn't have done it, but Morris was rough multiple points that game and has been involved in some dirty play over his career taking out more talented players.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

A better way of putting it is that it feels like most of the roster has a chip on their shoulder for various reasons over the years. Or feel they have something they can prove.

Vucevic and Lavine have been dissatisfied with the players they've been put with over the years, Caruso offered to take a pay cut to stay on the Lakers and they cut him loose to help clear salary for Westbrook. Lonzo likewise got traded off to the Pelicans to assemble a Lakers engine, same with Derozan to the Spurs.

This alternate angle of Morris slamming into Jokic removes any sympathy I have for him. Jokic shouldn't have done it, but Morris was rough multiple points that game and has been involved in some dirty play over his career taking out more talented players.

I found it very weird when the announcer asked what set Jokic off as if Morris didn't just run and shoulder block him. I like the Morris twins since Marcus was a Piston for a good chunk of time, but I'm not surprised when they end up in physical confrontations.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Morris deserved that but my fantasy team doesn’t deserve the suspension Jokic is going to get for it

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Yeah you don't just shoulder check someone (even if they are bigger than you) and walk away like nothing is going to happen.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I also heard Morris is being nominated for an Emmy for that performance.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    I learned there’a a real thing where NBA players think Jokic‘s very large brothers will do a Serbian organized crime on them if they cross Jokic

Which isn’t helped by one of said brothers actually threatening one of the Morrii via Twitter after this

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    Vid posted from Overtime had the initial foul intentionally cutout

This has another angle that showed just how reckless and dumb Morris' foul was. Jokic definitely has a bad temper that gets the better of him too much, but Morris easily could have cracked ribs with where and how hard he hit him.

I'm inclined to file this under "fucked around, found out"

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Also it's Markieff Morris, professional cheap shot artist. There's no benefit of the doubt to give Morris, he's most likely been doing that all game. And continuing to do it when down 15-20 late in the 4th is beyond even the most generous definition of "part of the game"

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    How much is a game paycheck for Jokic? If it's more than 50k that's some bullshit

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
This discussion has been closed.