Options

[NBA] A L L H A I L T H E B E A M

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    I get what he's saying, but 'Nobody'?

I feel I could name several dudes in the league who are absolutely taking a swing or three.

They are weak ass swings. Generally no pros actually want to throw down. Baseball bench clearing incidents are the most amusing to me. Just a bunch of giant dudes that run at each other but immediately slow down and then just kinda bump into one another for a few minutes and then head back to their seats.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Vast, vast majority, completely agree, are in the If These Dudes Weren't Holding Me Back club.

But can I picture a scenario where, say, Russ is already pissed for several quarters, takes a hard flagrant, and pops up Odor/Bautista-style? Yes, quite easily.

Last pint: Ridgeback Red / Block 15 - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Jokic probably had the most aggressive response to a hard foul I have seen 5 years and all he really did was harmlessly shove a dude to the ground and what happened after? Morris, a well-known cheap shot artist, got back up and just kind of walked away while running his mouth.

NBA culture isn't like it used to be. Everyone is too rich and too brand conscious to get dragged into a brawl. Even the Malice at the Palace was mostly blows between fans and players rather than player-on-player violence.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    People in the NBA don't want to fight because the penalties are much (in theory) much more severe than they used to be. If a guy takes a swing and catches someone cleanly in the head, that like a 5 game suspension immediately, which means 5 lost game checks, which would easily be over a million dollars lost. No one wants to lose millions of dollars over dumb on court squabbles.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    burbo wrote: »
    People in the NBA don't want to fight because the penalties are much (in theory) much more severe than they used to be. If a guy takes a swing and catches someone cleanly in the head, that like a 5 game suspension immediately, which means 5 lost game checks, which would easily be over a million dollars lost. No one wants to lose millions of dollars over dumb on court squabbles.

Meta World-Peace weeps.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    D’Arron Fox misses 2 FTs to end the game. Kings lose by 1

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Hornets and Kings are always make for a goofy game.

Bouknight came alive with some significant minutes. JT Thor and Cody Martin were fantastic as well. I love our player development. Last year when we lost Gordon and LaMelo, we had tons of bench guys step up and contribute and here it is happening again.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Oh god that Pleasantville court disease has spread from Brooklyn to OKC

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    What is the situation league wide? Are the Bulls an extreme case or are there more teams in the same situation? Maybe the league should consider shutting things down for a few weeks.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Bulls are hit hardest snow but yeah the Mid Up teams are all sick as shit right now

• Options
    edited December 2021
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    What is the situation league wide? Are the Bulls an extreme case or are there more teams in the same situation? Maybe the league should consider shutting things down for a few weeks.

Hornets had 5 out for COVID (plus 2 for unrelated illness) but are getting Rozier back for today's game. The other 4 should be cleared this week.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Midwest is getting ravaged by Delta and Omnicron. And it doesn't help that, well....it's all political now. I'll end it at that.

• Options
    The Bulls are all vaccinated and asymptomatic. They’re just super aggressive about testing- probably the rest of the league is going to take wrong lesson about their approach.

• Options
    Dude, hadn’t seen Gordon’s new ‘do, that’s legit

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Also lol the Cavs have the 4th best point differential in the league more than a third through despite injuries that as far as I can tell have them relying on a rotation consisting of Kevin Love’s non-expiring contract and a pack of 8’ wingspans that you’d more expect to see play in like Des Moines than an NBA arena

GS/Cavs in June like is right and proper

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    Also lol the Cavs have the 4th best point differential in the league more than a third through despite injuries that as far as I can tell have them relying on a rotation consisting of Kevin Love’s non-expiring contract and a pack of 8’ wingspans that you’d more expect to see play in like Des Moines than an NBA arena

GS/Cavs in June like is right and proper

I'm shooting for a Cavs-Grizz Finals!

Love is playing because he's actually engaged and the rest of the roster can finally help cover for him defensively. The Cavs are actually doing ok injury wise thanks to Rubio covering for Sexton. He looks like he's enjoying himself for the first time in years. Unfortunately he'll be a UFA after this year and will probably get a stupid offer to go elsewhere, but it would be real cool if he could finish his career in Cleveland as the mentor for a starting lineup with the average age of 22. That's the role we all hoped Love would play but proved not to be well-suited for.

They aren't going to contend for the title but they have a very solid core with Allen/Mobley/Garland and a mix of interesting bench guys that play hard. The coaching has been exemplary this year.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited December 2021

LOL, If the Lakers can't get a clue that this is it for LeBron, because they absolutely are missing the playoffs, that's on Jeannie.

-LeBron Leaves.
    -Trade out everybody for picks, and prepare for ten years of suckitude. Just profit from having the NBA all star game , NCAA final four to help pay rent.
    -Profit in 2032???

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Yeah I am sure a ton of teams are just lining up to give up picks for Russ and his $44M year. The Lakers have precisely zero tradeable assets left. They gave up all their picks for AD and almost everyone outside that big three are on near veteran minimum deals. They are stuck unless the NBA engineers some bullshit for them like they allegedly did to send Pau to help Kobe.

Butters on
  • Options
    It’s the 4th year curse for Lebron

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    I mean - they got a ring out of it? Lebron's destiny is to just go year to year, full mercenary. Tour the entire league, Lebron!

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Yeah, Lebron definitely gets fucked by unfair expectations hype (which, he contributed to a lot obviously). I remember all of the articles asking if Lebron's Miami run was a disappointment, and if it was worth it. It was like "They went to the Finals 4 years in a row, and won 2 titles. What were they doing before that, missing the playoffs or losing in the first round? It's a disappointment unless they fulfill their ridiculous 8 in a row hype thing"

• Options
    Lebron’s 4th year in Miami was a miserable, drama-filled slog (Mario Chalmers), his 2nd 4th year in Cleveland was a miserable, drama-filled slog that gave us the meme (Kyrie->IT->George Hill), and now his 4th year in LA will be a miserable, drama-filled slog (Russ)

Maybe he gets traded back to Cleveland next year now that they’re good again

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Lebron’s 4th year in Miami was a miserable, drama-filled slog (Mario Chalmers), his 2nd 4th year in Cleveland was a miserable, drama-filled slog that gave us the meme (Kyrie->IT->George Hill), and now his 4th year in LA will be a miserable, drama-filled slog (Russ)

Maybe he gets traded back to Cleveland next year now that they’re good again

Nah, I think it's over for Bron. He can also cancel that "I'll wait till my son, plays." And just like Jordan's boys, Bronny ain't gonna be that good like father. Besides, LeBron's production company is in LA. Just retire. You'll be top five greatest at least.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    He’s gotta get the scoring record first (and total minutes including post-season if he doesn’t already have it)

He’s the all-time leader in turnovers, though Russ will likely pass him soon

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    Reminder, NBA players are fucking huge

dbw738d7jr1e.jpeg

(That’s Myles Garrett)

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Nets beat Toronto despite only having 8 available players (Covid). No Harden but had Durant.

• Options

(That’s Myles Garrett)

To find an egregious example, Mike Evans is a huge player, especially for a wide receiver. He's the same height and weight as James Harden and Anthony Edwards.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Nets beat Toronto despite only having 8 available players (Covid). No Harden but had Durant.

Apparently the Raptors time in the sun was merely a glimmer :bigfrown:

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Hornets are starting to get players back from COVID protocols. Jalen McDaniels will be with the team for Wednesday's game against the Spurs. Mason Plumlee is cleared but is out with a rib contusion. Lamelo Ball is cleared but won't be with the team for this game. Ish Smith is still in protocols but should be out in a few days. PJ Washington and Nick Richards played Monday after being out with minor injuries. Should be full strength by the end of the week.

Went 2-2 before getting Rozier back and but got blasted by Dallas. Not having a quality defensive center rears it's ugly head again. JT Thor has shown some promise. He's got a great frame if he can bulk up a bit, decent defensive IQ, and a serviceable shooting stroke. It'll be fun to watch him develop over the next few years. I've been really impressed by Borrego and his staff's ability to develop young players. I don't think anyone expected Cody Martin to turn out to be the 3 and D hustle guy he's become.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular

dbw738d7jr1e.jpeg

(That’s Myles Garrett)

That jacket is dope.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
This discussion has been closed.