As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] A L L H A I L T H E B E A M

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    burbo wrote: »
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Shiny.

Snip

No foul, incidental contact, play on

The ref screwing up the toss badly enough that he had to duck out of the way and missed the foul is pretty funny. Probably not to Sabonis or Kings fans but as a pure spectator it's a hilarious fuck up.

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Booker launched himself into Jokic looking for a foul after he realised there was no shot on that final play.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i wish they would get rid of jump balls that mattered since all nba refs are tremendously bad at throwing them and they don’t ever know the rules. idk make a ball cannon or change to an arrow

aeNqQM9.jpg
    MagellburboCarpyRingoBlackDragon480Butters
    edited April 2023
    Wow that Jamal Murray goal off of the interception was incredible.

Was surrounded by Paul and Durant the entire way from half court to the basket.

Kelor on
    CarpyThe Judge
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Wow that Jamal Murray goal off of the interception was incredible.

Was surrounded by Paul and Durant the entire way from half court to the basket.

RingoGoose!TicaldfjamThe Cow KingBlackDragon480ShadowenTransporterThe Judge
    This is why I have to root against whatever team Chris Paul plays on.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/KNS6m1pgraY

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Playoff Jamal Murray, hot dang

TicaldfjamCarpyBlackDragon480
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    These are not good calls today, refs.

Semi retraction. They're mostly fine.

Einzel on
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Kelor wrote: »
    This is why I have to root against whatever team Chris Paul plays on.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/KNS6m1pgraY

Paul will be a fucking pain in the ass Head Coach to play for in the future.

Because like another former Point guard great turned Head Coach (Jason Kidd), Paul's future first head coaching job will be exactly how Kidd's tenure in Milwaukee was.

Ticaldfjam on
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Good win for the Heat depending on how bad Jimmy's ankle is. Kyle Lowry stepped up at the end of the game, but I don't know if he can carry the team like Butler.

TicaldfjamBlackDragon480
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Kings can't rebound to save their lives this quarter.

burbo
  • burboburbo Registered User regular
    It's brutal

I've only half paid attention to this game but I'm bummed for the Kings.

Jragghen
    Yeah, they just feel done this half. The refs didn't help things the third quarter with how they called things, but they're not the reason they're losing.

burboEinzel
    Yeah, they're done.

Shame of a way to end the season, but still a hell of a season.

burbo
    Agreed, Kings had all the chances in the world, and they just missed shot after shot and rebound after rebound. Losing in game 7 to the defending champs isnt shameful for a team in their position, it mainly feels disappointing because they were up 2-0.

Jragghen
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Warriors/Lakers gonna be a banger.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Magell
    Nirya wrote: »
    Warriors/Lakers gonna be a banger.

Go Denver

burboTransporter
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

Just know that they are out there, lurking, posting among us

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Steph Curry is pretty good

ph blakeKelorMagellJragghenGoose!TransporterThe Judge
    Whats a bigger "root for the meteor" situation, Warriors vs Lakers, or Disney vs DeSantis?

First time there's ever been a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th seed in the second round.

Shadowen
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Was fun while it lasted. The "new guard" teams aren't ready to take over the west quite yet.

Ticaldfjam
    I feel sorry for the Kings that Fox was injured in the playoffs, although I haven't watched as much of them as Denver this year they're a lot of fun to watch. Glad to see them finally have some success, especially making it to the playoffs outright.

The Warriors got incredibly lucky with Looney. After dealing with those injuries early on in his career he's played every game in multiple seasons, and been on the floor in the finals since his second year.

Jragghen
    i don't even want to watch this sixers series.

all i've said all year is i just want one run where embiid is healthy in the playoffs, and of course 95% of the way there stupid philly bad luck kicks in yet again and something dumb happens in the first round. made even more infuriating that remaining teams are so weak you could push it over with a stiff breeze.

not even really any hope that like they could steal one in boston and then win the series after because somehow a grade 1 strain that he'd be fine for game 5 of the nets series if it needed to happen has become a worse than grade 1 that he'd be lucky to play again.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited May 2023
    Embiid-less Sixers aren’t that far off from the hapless Hawks who took 2 games from Boston

Boston isn’t an inevitability is what I’m saying

Also those players may still own flower vases that can fuck up their hands

Captain Inertia on
    oh no boston is certainly not inevitable but the hapless hawks can sort of vaugly work with the guys they had on the floor.

the sixers without embiid in any kind of game that matters is just an absolute disaster, especially boston because maxey turns into a pumpkin against all their long wings. we'll see but at the end of the day the sixers without embiid are kinda barely a playoff team this year.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    This is how we get Lakers/Heat again huh

RedTide
    burbo wrote: »
    Whats a bigger "root for the meteor" situation, Warriors vs Lakers, or Disney vs DeSantis?

Lebron is 38, Steph is 35 and the core of this Warriors team is pretty close to breaking up. Meteor's already coming, and it's called time.

Magellburbo
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I don't follow basketball, but I'm intrigued by this thread title and I'd like to know what it means before this thread closes.

cB557 wrote: »
    I don't follow basketball, but I'm intrigued by this thread title and I'd like to know what it means before this thread closes.

The Sacramento Kings, historically one of the worst teams in the league, had a surprisingly great season and had the third most wins in their conference. When they won a game at home, they'd hit a comically large button at courtside, and a giant purple beam of light would erupt from the roof of their stadium and into the sky

They were just eliminated from the playoffs by the defending champions, however

cB557
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

The Sacramento Kings marketing department came up with a fun gimmick where they light up a big purple laser light straight up into the sky from the roof of their arena to celebrate every victory. It generated a lot of buzz because until this year they had the longest playoff drought in American professional sports.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    cB557
    Butters wrote: »

The Sacramento Kings marketing department came up with a fun gimmick where they light up a big purple laser light straight up into the sky from the roof of their arena to celebrate every victory. It generated a lot of buzz because until this year they had the longest playoff drought in American professional sports.

Very funny because I believe they didn't hold that distinction until the Mariners made the playoffs last season, so it feels like the Kings got handed that hot potato and said "absolutely fucking not" immediately. Current longest drought is the New York Jets at 12, and they're in pretty good position to end that drought this year as well

RedTide
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    This is how we get Lakers/Heat again huh

Every single key player is going down somehow.

The Heat won despite Butler going down in game one so the Knicks may pull out since the injury sniper only got Randle.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    lakers are going to win the championship because of barkley's lakers rants
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nhwe4hpkMs

the man is cursed, i need him to guarantee the celtics to win if the sixers are going to have any shot

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Shadowen
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

The Sacramento Kings, historically one of the worst teams in the league, had a surprisingly great season and had the third most wins in their conference. When they won a game at home, they'd hit a comically large button at courtside, and a giant purple beam of light would erupt from the roof of their stadium and into the sky

They were just eliminated from the playoffs by the defending champions, however

It's exceedingly "small-market-charming"

hey, everyone talked about how the Warriors can't win road games and how that's going to hamper their playoff run, but they won twice in Sacramento and have home court against the Lakers, so

This discussion has been closed.