As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] A L L H A I L T H E B E A M

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Einzel wrote: »
    Is it me or have they stopped showing foul call replays, especially when free throws are given?

They never tend to show them in NBA, I don't think its a new thing.

I seem to recall it from years ago, but I could be misremembering.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    ph blake wrote: »

I don't know much about this draft besides the Duke kid that everyone likes.

Excited to see who is gonna get cursed to the Kings at 4 though.

Given the Magic always draft a big when they get the first pick, this guy is likely your #1 draft pick
    4433255.png&w=350&h=254

His name is Chet.

Chet Holmgren.

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    He looks like a resident evil NPC

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    He’s more like a Resident Evil Bandersnatch

17676349.jpg

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Paula Cole's long lost child.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    In pickup games this is called "low bridging" someone. I swear I never once did that intentionally...

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular

I don't know much about this draft besides the Duke kid that everyone likes.

Excited to see who is gonna get cursed to the Kings at 4 though.

Top 3 are basically interchangeable. All big guys with skill. It's a guessing game as to who will/won't work out. I think it's a fairly sharp drop off after 3 so Kings are in prime position to flop.

Personally, I desperately want Charlotte to nab Mark Williams. He's huge and has good instincts on defense. Not much offense outside of a lob threat but we've been overloaded with scorers for awhile now. We need interior defense so our wings don't have to constantly sag off the corners. He's projected to fall right around our 13th and 15th picks so we could grab him and pretty much anybody else. Might be looking to package some picks/young players to offload Hayward and/or Rozier's contracts too so we can re-sign Miles and be able to afford Lamelo's extension in a few years.

• Options

The chart never lies!
    Yes, Luka was ass for most of the game, especially the second half, and yes our defense also blew chunks, but imo the super cold start with literally everyone bricking everything had the team playing in a kind of desperation catch up mode that really ruined any chance we had to close the gap

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    JFC it's finally starting at 847pm. It's east coast teams. Why is the NBA assholes like this?

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    He’s more like a Resident Evil Bandersnatch

17676349.jpg

Cousin greg

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Charles Barkley knows how to be the villain. Also an asshole.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular

The chart never lies!
    Yes, Luka was ass for most of the game, especially the second half, and yes our defense also blew chunks, but imo the super cold start with literally everyone bricking everything had the team playing in a kind of desperation catch up mode that really ruined any chance we had to close the gap

It fits for the two halves of this game!

• Options
    The chart never lies....

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Though the Mavs defense being a gigantic fucking sieve in the second half is certainly not helping

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    The Warriors are pretty impressive in terms of helping smart.and closing openings quickly on D.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Sounds like a very Warriors thing to do to just casually go down by twenty or so and then show up in the third quarter and just unleash hell

• Options
    Well that was a thoroughly miserable half to watch as a Mav's fan

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Mavs like to forget a game has two halves.

• Options
    "3rd quater mavs" has been a meme all year, but that was about as bad as I can remember

Except for game 5 against the suns, which was somehow even worse, but other than that!

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    "3rd quater mavs" has been a meme all year, but that was about as bad as I can remember

Except for game 5 against the suns, which was somehow even worse, but other than that!

Isn't that just down to coaching? In college basketball a team that consistently performs better in the second half is usually a sign of coaches making needed adjustments during the break. The inverse is that teams that struggle after halftime haven't made any adjustments, or have been outcoached.

If 3rd quarter struggles have been a trend all year for the Mavs that seems to say that Jason Kidd is a poor in game coach

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Well it's weird, cause Kidd has generally made very good adjustments throughout the year and in the playoffs.

Though this time it feels like they outthought themselves, making an unnecessary adjustment (more hunting specific defenders on screens vs quick ball movement) as opposed to what was working in the first half.

And again, does not help when they aren't making any shots (we're Luka + Brunson + a bunch of 3 and D players, if those 3's aren't falling we're kinda toast) + we have to give Josh fucking Green playoff minutes cause this roster is still woefully lacking in real depth.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Cousy would have destroyed Redick on court.

• Options
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I mean, it isn't suddenly okay to hit the shooters' arm just cause you did it with your chin

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Yeah, seems like an obvious foul on Bam to me. Like, it sucks he got hit, but that was a natural shooting motion.

• Options

The chart never lies!

This game 3 was a Certified Chart Classic ™

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I was excited for a mavs heat rematch but I didn't realize they were one of the mavs off season teams. Do they have cap space to fill in around Luka or is this it?

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Einzel wrote: »
    I was excited for a mavs heat rematch but I didn't realize they were one of the mavs off season teams. Do they have cap space to fill in around Luka or is this it?

They're already over the projected luxury tax threshold for 2022/2023 with the contracts they have, and that's before they pay to keep Brunson in Dallas this offseason (he's an unrestricted free agent and we are almost certainly going to pay him unless some other team goes truly crazy). Basically a fallout from the old front office giving out some sus contracts to our homegrown role players + the continuing fallout from both KP trades (we have around 53 million a year tied up in THJ/Dinwiddie/Bertans for the next couple of years) + completely whiffing on the draft for the past 10+ years outside of Luka/Brunson (seriously, outside of those two you have to go back to 2004 and Josh Howard to find a successful Mav's draft pick).

Things look better for the 23/24 season with a decent amount of money coming off the books, but any immediate improvements are gonna require some real wizardry and our trade assets are hella limited.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    It's been fun watching the heat have the motivation of a middle school team. Wait, no, the other thing.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    So I don't follow non Celtics teams super closely, but does Lowry always look so out of shape? That guy looked gassed the last two games. Not that I'm going to judge him too much, I spent years rooting for Glen Davis and Jared Sullinger on the Celtics and their conditioning was always a coin flip.

• Options
    Lowry’s shape is a Juicy Booty with arms and legs sticking out

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    So I don't follow non Celtics teams super closely, but does Lowry always look so out of shape? That guy looked gassed the last two games. Not that I'm going to judge him too much, I spent years rooting for Glen Davis and Jared Sullinger on the Celtics and their conditioning was always a coin flip.

Lowry has never been in what I would consider amazing shape, but he very-specifically was coming off an injury and barely played in the last series.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Lowry’s shape is a Juicy Booty with arms and legs sticking out

Kinda like a guinea pig, 90% ass with a face attached.

This discussion has been closed.