As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] A L L H A I L T H E B E A M

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I watched and held out hope for the Heat for longer than I should have, but when Butler came back after being on the bench in the 4th quarter and immediately air balled a three pointer is when I should have switched to hockey.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Luka picked a bad night to have his worst game of all time

Unfortunate

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Well, they nearly made it a game at the end of the third, and I'm glad they managed to show some fight at least.

But just too deep of a hole to come back from, and giving up those second chance points made things impossible either way

Oh well, fun season, GGs warriors and please kick the shit out of Boston/Miami

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Dallas needs to find another consistent scorer(s) in the offseason so they don't have to ride on back of Luka every night.

• Options
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Looks like the Miami Lawnchairs have officially shown up this game.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    They got a title out of it so I can't say that they fully failed at "win now"

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    They got a title out of it so I can't say that they fully failed at "win now"

Yeah, i agree. Lebron is the only guy who's teams said to be failures because they "only" win or two titles (plus a bunch of finals appearances, most of the time).

Look at KG and the Celtics for contrast, who have been dining out on the 2008 title for damn near 15 years.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    doc rivers is a garbage can masquerading as an nba coach entirely because that team carried his bum ass to a title once

i'd fail at win now if it got me a title along the way.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I should have titled it "win now with Westbrook".

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    The failure is that they were a better team before they went all in on Westbrook. They traded half their title winning roster for a guy that couldn't play with anyone left.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Yeah, fair. I dont think anyone can call their moves last season a success. Its still hard to say what they could actually be with a healthy AD and Lebron, but at this point, why should we expect such a thing to ever occur again.

• Options
    I'm still not convinced healthy AD makes them a contender. Guys like Caruso, KCP, Kuzma, and Rondo all played really important minutes and contributed in ways Westbrook simply doesn't.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I have no idea who is going to win this game when both sides are fighting through injuries.

Miami needs Butler to have a 35+ point game to win, unless Bam steps up in a major way.

Edit: Although I noticed Scott Foster dashed across the country from Warriors/Mavs to be here.

Kelor on
  • Options
    Thanks Heat for making me have to root for the celtics now.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

This happened like 4 separate times to Cs defenders vs giannis

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »

Under no circumstances do ya have to root for Boston

Cheer for the double dq

icGJy2C.png
  • Options

Cheer for the double dq

Nah I can't do dynasty teams. Hate em.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    These playoffs feel like they’ve been going for 5 months

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular

Cheer for the double dq

Warriors have drafted a ton of the talent on their team though.

Steph
    Klay
    Draymond
    Looney
    Poole

Even Kuminga and Moody have gotten some minutes.

I’m amazed they are talking about Gary Payton being back already after shattering his elbow, I would have thought it takes a lot longer to recover and heal from something like that.

• Options
    Kelor wrote: »

Cheer for the double dq

Warriors have drafted a ton of the talent on their team though.

Steph
    Klay
    Draymond
    Looney
    Poole

Even Kuminga and Moody have gotten some minutes.

Not knocking that they did it exceptionally skillfully, just that I will always go for the underdog.

• Options
    A decent chunk of the time, I can't really fathom my rooting interests. Like, I ostensibly hate the Lakers and root for their destruction, but I always end up feeling my gut pulling for them while my head says "bad Burbo, you hate the Lakers". This has only gotten more confusing recently, as I've always been a Lebron guy, but there are few players who get on my nerves more (with his controlling, passive aggressive tendencies mainly).

Everything has gotten worse since I decided to drop the Blazers until they drop Chauncey. I resolved to root for the Grizzlies, but I never really managed to get my heart behind it. These playoffs I probably pulled for the Bucks the hardest, and they had renowned piece of shit Grayson Allen prominently involved.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited May 2022

The NHL just got to conference finals

They have another month to go

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I like the Warriors primarily because when they fire on all cylinders they're just incredibly fun to watch, and I think it's really...as simple as that? They're always moving, the ball is flying around the court, and at the end of it, someone does something absurd. I think it's important to note that like...James Harden is unquestionably a great basketball player, but watching those Houston teams with Harden where he'd stand around with the ball for a while before he chucked up a three is much less interesting to watch.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i think i would root for a team made entirely of demons from hell over the boston celtics

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I don't think there's a team I could never cheer for in basketball with the right roster.

First, I'll always root for the Celtics - they're my home team and I'm pretty loyal to them. As for other teams, it always just depends on their roster. The Heat, for example, I hated back when they had Dwyane Wade, but I really liked the series against them (except Lowry, he bugs me). I really enjoyed the chance to watch Butler play, despite clearly being hurt.

I knew there are teams as a Celtic fan I'm supposed to always root against because of old rivalries, but in the end I'll cheer for any team against one being coached by Kidd or with Kyrie on their roster.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    I think I'd be pulling for the warriors if for nothing else than how mad KD would be about them winning a chip without him the same year his super team got bounced in the first round

Carpy on
  • Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    I like the Warriors primarily because when they fire on all cylinders they're just incredibly fun to watch, and I think it's really...as simple as that? They're always moving, the ball is flying around the court, and at the end of it, someone does something absurd. I think it's important to note that like...James Harden is unquestionably a great basketball player, but watching those Houston teams with Harden where he'd stand around with the ball for a while before he chucked up a three is much less interesting to watch.

Mavs are kind of like that too. Luka is a wizard, but its too much damn dribbling man.

I like hating the Warriors mainly because, outside of his basketball style, Curry is basically the least interesting, lamest person imaginable, and Draymond is a dirty fuck. Klay also seems like ultimate stereotype of jock personality.

I do think Jordan popl has very reverse layins though. I feel like he's one of the best in the league at getting that spin just right.

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i think i would root for a team made entirely of demons from hell over the boston celtics

Space Jam 3: Hell Jam

• Options
    The only Celtics team I rooted for was the Bird years. I am olde.

• Options
    My concern with the Finals is I don't expect it to be very good. I think the Warriors have way too much firepower and plenty of bodies to keep Tatum from doing any LeBron-level heavy lifting. The best and most threatening theoretical team in the East was always a healthy Bucks that never came to fruition.

• Options
    At least Knight would keep the team in Portland.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    At least Knight would keep the team in Portland.

Gonna make the "Nike Equips the NBA's uniforms, and "Conflict of Interest". Thing interesting.

That's probably why the Dodgers Co-Owner is chipping in, so Nike escapes the legal issue of Not only supplying the Leauge's Uniforms, but also owns one out right, conflict of interest.

Better then another "Tech Bro YOLO" orborous.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Nike is publicly traded and Knight doesn't run the company any more. There shouldn't be any on-paper conflict of interest there.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    My concern with the Finals is I don't expect it to be very good. I think the Warriors have way too much firepower and plenty of bodies to keep Tatum from doing any LeBron-level heavy lifting. The best and most threatening theoretical team in the East was always a healthy Bucks that never came to fruition.

I think the best and most threatening team is the one that dominated the league for 4.5 months!

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    I did say theoretical and that same theoretical team won the East and Finals last year.

• Options
    Damn Warriors, you're really doing this again?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Wooooooooo

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Al Inevitable Horford

This discussion has been closed.