As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC D&D 5E:] Crew of the Whispered Curse

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Current turn in battle to @Denada when they're ready!

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Didn't Meepo's Faerie Fire hit Jack and Oak also? :D

• Options
    Glal wrote: »
    Didn't Meepo's Faerie Fire hit Jack and Oak also? :D

Yeah...you're not wrong! Believe it or not, I had considered this when casting, and Oak and Jack were directly in the vicinity when Meepo's spell went off!...

...Fellas, please make a Dex Save vs. a DC-14!

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Edit: screwed that one up. It’s a 15.

Geth, roll 2d20+2 for Dex save

Dex save:
    2d20+2 18 [2d20=3, 13]

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Dex Save

Dex Save:
    1d20+4 6 [1d20=2]

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Jack is lit up like a Christmas tree! So, another swing at him for the advantage. ;)

Glal on
  • Options
    Turn back to the Wild Bunch after this Advantaged Slash at Jack!
    Geth roll 1d20+7 Great Blade (Jack)
    Geth roll 2d6+4 slashing damage
    Geth roll 2d6 radiant damage

Great Blade (Jack):
    1d20+7 22 [1d20=15]
    slashing damage:
    2d6+4 12 [2d6=4, 4]
    radiant damage:
    2d6 8 [2d6=2, 6]

• Options
    Good thing he's a Fighter and, as such, a sack of hitpoints!

• Options
    Meepo, having dropped Concentration after accidentally exposing the Shifter, moves up but doesn't yet act, waiting on the others. Oak and Jack are both still within melee range of the Mirrored Guardian. Nearby, Urixes and his summoned selves stand behind the cover of a stalagmite, at a distance but close enough for the statue's leap to connect.

Turn to the Wild Bunch! (Let me know if you need a map update, but for now I figured we're all on the same page for this fight!)

• Options
    It's a large statue, but how big?

Thinking specifically, is it in a range that Oak could grab on to keep it from jumping away? Or is it too big and that's impossible?

• Options
    It's a large statue, but how big?

Thinking specifically, is it in a range that Oak could grab on to keep it from jumping away? Or is it too big and that's impossible?

[The Mirror Guardian (though not fully filling it) takes up about a 15x15 foot space. Though you could try to throw yourself around a shoulder/neck and attempt to ride it should it Leap again (possibly even affecting it's ability to attack under such circumstances), Oak just isn't big enough to fully stop it through weight/strength alone

• Options
    Yeah, that's what I was kind of thinking, so, not really surprised there.

I'll just try to kill it. ;)

• Options
    Was going to remark that you should have rolled with advantage against Oak, but you hit anyways on both so it doesn't matter.

Back to us, and we still have Bless right?

• Options
    Was going to remark that you should have rolled with advantage against Oak, but you hit anyways on both so it doesn't matter.

Back to us, and we still have Bless right?

Correct on all counts! :)

• Options
    Shoot. Copy paste error so I rolled with advantage again.

Just say that Oak attacked Recklessly again, so Status has advantage on him.

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
  • Options
    OOC: Colbert-Eating-Popcorn-gif

• Options
    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Str Save

Also for HP tracking, Aid gives 5 temp hp, shield bash does 4 dmg (9 halved due to rage), so Oak added +1 temp HP from the total interaction.

Str Save:
    1d20+7 25 [1d20=18]

• Options
    Pssssh. Weak ass statue.

• Options
    OOC: That's gotta be one of the most clutch rolls I've seen so far this whole game! Poor Mirror Guardian :D

• Options
    You can all sense it now...you're close. The Mirror Guardian has nearly moved it's last before the enchantment holding it within the statue comes apart at the seams. Finish this.

• Options
    Love seeing double 10s rolled for dmg.

If Oak didn't finish him off, I'd expect Jack/Urixes should be able to.

• Options
    9 HP remain! Can Urixes and Meepo finish the light-leaking Guardian off before he crushes the poor Shifter beneath his sword?...

• Options
    Love seeing double 10s rolled for dmg.

If Oak didn't finish him off, I'd expect Jack/Urixes should be able to.
    Jack isn't finishing squat with those rolls, yeesh! Feast or famine with this lad.

• Options
    Everyone: Nature Check, please!

What's left of the Guardian lies at your feet, a pile of rubble. It appears all that remains is the giant Shield. The magical barrier guarding the doorway has fallen. You are still somewhere not of the Expanse

After the Nature Check, what does everyone plan to do? Is it time for an Investigation? Time to find a way to go home? Wasn't there supposed to be a treasure or something at the end of all this ...?

• Options
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Nature

They are free to leave, but there was supposed to be a reason to come in here. If the statue was it, then there's something that the statue should have given or left, so Oak is still going to be interested in knowing why it was such a big deal to the Captain that they come in.

Nature:
    1d20+2 19 [1d20=17]

• Options
    Oak:
    It wasn't just the barrier the Mirrored Guardian was sustaining, it was the very cavern itself! Those pebbles falling overhead were small shockwaves, proceeding a major landslide or earthquake. This place had a limited amount of time before it crashes in on itself completely

• Options
    Geth, roll 1d20 for Nature Check

Jack will follow Oak's lead, he assumes the big man knows what they're doing here.

Nature Check:
    1d20 12 [1d20=12]

• Options
    Shield sized appropriately enough that Oak could lift it?

• Options
    Shield sized appropriately enough that Oak could lift it?

Far too big for that: it would take all four of you and a horse cart, probably. However, Oak does notice that, despite the massive damage you did to the Guardian, the shield itself is remarkably undamaged

Jack
    The rockfall makes you a bit nervous, but it's probably fine: just the cave settling after the statue's remains landed, is all

• Options
    Oak: Perception Check as the Barbarian looks down at the Mirror Shield, please

• Options
    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Perception

Perception:
    1d20+3 13 [1d20=10]

• Options
    Oak:
    The reflection in the massive mirror reveals a false stalagmite, twenty odd feet behind Jack. Hanging from a veritcal, decorative plinth, a familiar object gleams...

Do you approach the plinth?

• Options
    Yes. Need me to RP it out?

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Nature Check

Following that, I'll look around for anything valuable if there's time.

As for the shield, I'm out of spell slots so I've got nothing. Unless maybe I can use Shape Water to make ice sheets to slide it on?

Nature Check:
    1d20+2 10 [1d20=8]

• Options
    Yes. Need me to RP it out?

Almost, but not quite yet...
    What Oak finds hanging there from the plinth is an intricate, beautifully crafted hand mirror, boxed inside a protective case of glass and thin metal bolted to the plinth. The case seems to have not been opened in a thousand years, if ever

nr1bzx5t98je.png

Do you take the mirror? Do you use it?

Overhead, the cave rumbles...

• Options
    Denada wrote: »
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Nature Check

Following that, I'll look around for anything valuable if there's time.

As for the shield, I'm out of spell slots so I've got nothing. Unless maybe I can use Shape Water to make ice sheets to slide it on?

Make an Investigation Check to look around the cavern/rubble for anything valuable!

You could probably use "Shape Water" to help move the Shield thirty-ish feet towards the doorway, but remember: out the doorway isn't the Expanse anymore, it's whatever domain of Order the Mirror Guardian served in!

• Options
    I don't know how to RP this out, but can Oak use the mirror to kind of look around the room in?

Thinking, if the Shield showed the illusion stalagmite, mirror might show a way out?

• Options
    Jack is gone, vanished into the glass

If anyone wishes to immediately pursue him, now is the time!

Oak, if you still want to look around the cavern with that mirror (which, now that you examine it, you can see has a two-way reflective panel which let's you look out the back of it), roll Perception!

Urixes, did you still wish to Investigate the place?

If anyone wishes "Guidance" or an "Enhance Ability" boost from Meepo, let them know!

• Options
    In my head, the scene feels like Oak looking around the room, only to end on the shield with no Jack by it. Just a pan around the room starting with Jack by shield, coming back to the shield at the end with no Jack.

Geth, roll 1d20+3

1d20+3 23 [1d20=20]