As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OOC D&D 5E:] Crew of the Whispered Curse

1111213141517»

Posts

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I feel like Oak is too angry to make a good check, so I'm not even going to try and roll one.

    mrpaku
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    I think Urixes is going to kill him either way, buuuuuut

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Charisma Check

    Charisma Check:
    1d20+4 9 [1d20=5]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Perception

    Feels like an Insight roll, but I'm not complaining, Jack's terrible at those. ;)

    Perception:
    1d20+4 19 [1d20=15]

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Denada wrote: »
    I think Urixes is going to kill him either way, buuuuuut

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Charisma Check
    If he's Iqium himself, or secretly Iqium's evil twin or something seems like it could be a coin toss. To the Tiefling's memory, this is the exact same smug, power-hungry man he'd known back then, made simply desperate and mad by whatever fate had dragged him from reality and into the mirrors (or maybe, he's simply lying about all that, too...)

    Even before his eventual reveal as the traitor of your former crew, Iqium the Sorcerer was known as a double-talking, secret dealing snake-in-the-grass that even Rax the Rascal didn't do business/play cards with due to his selfish and self-serving nature. Something tells Urixes that, whatever else he may have learned of the "Truth" in the last thirty odd years, forced isolation and being trapped in an alternate dimension hasn't improved the Sorcerer's personal character any. Is his potential depth of knowledge worth trying to keep yet another snake in the grass aboard the Ship and be forced to watch over them...?
    Glal wrote: »
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Perception

    Feels like an Insight roll, but I'm not complaining, Jack's terrible at those. ;)
    The man's hands fold over in his lap and he begins to stare around whenever he's lying or threatening beyond his ability, like a unconscious tic. His breathing also slows back to normal, and you can feel his heartbeat return to a normal rythm through the back of his robe and onto your chest. This tells Jack the following:

    - He's telling a half-truth about not being the Traitor involved with the Witch

    - He's telling the truth about just wanting to help and find his way back. Although, he's definitely lying about not wanting to hurt anyone

    - He at least seems to believe he's telling the truth about Oak damning the Ship. He's definitely telling the truth about "Her" getting here soon

    - He's telling a half-truth about injuring Fusspot, although you're not sure which part he's lying about, exactly...

    - He is definitely telling the truth about believing killing him would be a mistake for you all and this Ship

    Perception:
    1d20+4 9 [1d20=5]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Yeaaaaaah I'm gonna kill him.

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    mrpaku throws a book's worth of adventuring into the bin and begins anew.

    mrpakuAustinP0027
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    mrpaku throws a book's worth of adventuring into the bin and begins anew.

    Friggin' again, like the sinkhole in Villam woods, or killing the Little Witch, or.... :D

    ...or do we?

    @Denada , the former traitor to your crew Iqium the Sorcerer is now held prone between Meepo and Jack. He's so convinced of his weaselly words to the Wild Bunch, he doesn't even expect violence How do you choose to finish him?

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Everyone: Arcana or Insight. This one's gonna be messy

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Insight

    Insight:
    1d20+3 22 [1d20=19]

    mrpaku
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Arcana Check

    Arcana Check:
    1d20+5 15 [1d20=10]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+1 for Insight

    Clean up on isle 4, clean up on isle 4.

    Insight:
    1d20+1 2 [1d20=1]

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    If Jack survives long enough to figure out and form a relationship.
    8971ga8sy9rm.jpg

    AustinP0027mrpakuDenada
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Hey everyone, thanks as always for your patience! Coming in on the home stretch of my cross-country move and roughly a million other things at the same time (wife's bday, getting the kids registered for new schools, wrapping up final personal stuff out here). Feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all and don't want to push out shoddy quality work, so I was thinking: how about we take a bit of a breather here? I'll get a writing break and should be able to focus on all my real life stuff (and then, should be super eager to finish up some charts and maps once I arrive at my new place and won't have to worry about them getting lost/destroyed), you all can get a break from a game you've been heroically playing over a year, and when we all start up again it'll be fresh and onto the next section (in the next update I'll wrap about the Sorcerer's execution and tie it into your arrival at the Abbott of the Eternal). Let's say...June 6th, just to give me more than enough time. At which point, I'll drop a big post, including a map of the next island and briefly introduction to the Abbey. That sound good to everybody?

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I'm fine with a break. You've been leading this for a year plus now, feels fair. Not like there is a ton of work on our end :smiley:

    mrpakuGlalDenada
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    I'll be gone for a few days next week, so that actually fits my schedule perfectly also. Recuperate! <3

    mrpaku
Sign In or Register to comment.