As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Naturally I would start to farm healing artifacts for Kokomi and be inundated with Crit/Crit Damage as far as the eye can see.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    XantusXantus Registered User regular
    i dunno if it was just me, or if the co-op queue for the felflower boss fight is just lax.. but half my games i joined it was over halfway dead already... so after about 5 minutes i bought out the whole event shop.
    nice n easyyy.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Even solo it's pretty melty. Killing the flowers deals a large chunk of damage to its shield (and sometimes its first flower shows up in melee with you, which causes it to die immediately as I'm bursting the boss).

And then its non-shield phase isn't anything to write home about.

Characters
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Ok, one good husk piece locked in
    a86p8r13ph4h.jpeg

Now just need 11 more…

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    eMoander wrote: »
    Now just need 11 more…

I posted on day 1 of the patch that I got a great husk headpiece. I've since gotten exactly one other piece that I'm happy with. It's amazing how frequently you get elemental mastery and attack% when you aren't looking for them.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    this one kinda inspired me a lil

iqgd9z9vb2gq.png

this one i respect because its trying so hard and yet...

bk2uq1aj46fw.png

ive probs got 50+ legendary venerer/husk/crimson drops in the last 2 days and literally not one has been usable its actually crazy, im kind of inspired, might just farm the 4-piece cryo set and put it on keqing because im guaranteed to get electro damage or some shit on the goblet

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    i just spent condensed resin to get literally 8-10 lavawalker only, which included these 2 gems

this one i called "fuck you"

x77a1ssj3lay.png

this, on the other hand... ok sure maybe keqing builds full lavawalker, who's to say, maybe i cant be stopped

wdzmfdo9qs89.png

also the animation on the hydrostasis are really nice, incredibly good squishy 3d geo

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Now just need 11 more…

I posted on day 1 of the patch that I got a great husk headpiece. I've since gotten exactly one other piece that I'm happy with. It's amazing how frequently you get elemental mastery and attack% when you aren't looking for them.

My old Albedo artifacts are so good that I'm ready to give up on switching him to his proper set, I haven't gotten any good husk pieces at all even after getting two full sets of the healing set for Qiqi and Barbara. I probably should check what my c6 Noelle is using, if her artifacts are crap then the new set might be good for her. I don't use her much though so it'd be a bit waste. Half-tempted to try to farm a set of the healing stuff with DEF for her as well, it might not be 100% stupid idea.

• Options
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Now just need 11 more…

My old Albedo artifacts are so good that I'm ready to give up on switching him to his proper set, I haven't gotten any good husk pieces at all even after getting two full sets of the healing set for Qiqi and Barbara. I probably should check what my c6 Noelle is using, if her artifacts are crap then the new set might be good for her. I don't use her much though so it'd be a bit waste. Half-tempted to try to farm a set of the healing stuff with DEF for her as well, it might not be 100% stupid idea.

Noelle is who I'm getting this set for, for what it's worth. It's definitely a great set with her, but if someone had a really strong set for her already, I could see it not being worth it to farm up an equivalent set of this.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    this, on the other hand... ok sure maybe keqing builds full lavawalker, who's to say, maybe i cant be stopped

wdzmfdo9qs89.png

You get five pieces, might as well make that your off set piece.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I am now reminded that my Jean still has 3 purple artifacts because they rolled so well that replacing them is a pain in the ass.

Characters
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    My Diluc is still is a couple purples because farming for even halfway usable crimson witch pieces sucks. It's definitely the worst domain I feel.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    been doing the venerer domain

outcome: 42 maiden set (dont want) 40 venerer

of the venerer 17/23 of the variable roll pieces rolled def/hp%

17 out of 23

and the remaining 6 rolled atk/crit rate/phys damage

some kind of hex is in place this is roughly 20 condensed resin runs

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    That specific set is cursed, yes.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Elemental Mastery is a myth, but only when you are looking for it.

• Options
    I do have EM pieces for VV, but I assume the artifact gods saw that I wanted to do a Fred Durst build with Sayu, and blessed my efforts.

• Options
    Grislo wrote: »
    I do have EM pieces for VV, but I assume the artifact gods saw that I wanted to do a Fred Durst build with Sayu, and blessed my efforts.

I have a full set of EM-VV pieces but the substats on them are complete garbage.

• Options
    Yeah, I stopped when mine got to "fine, okay, they'll do". Not gonna chase that set.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I have a full set of EM-VV pieces but the substats on them are complete garbage.

I don't really have a problem getting EM on VV pieces.

I do have a really amazing problem not getting every level-up roll to be either HP% or DEF% on the artifacts that have said EM.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

I probably could have built 3 sets of EM maiden beloved in the months it took me to get a VV set.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I get great EM pieces. None of them are VV though!

yv5ukxse1ufn.png

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    amber item

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    You can tell that's not my artifact because it didn't end up DEF+25%

Characters
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Keqing was my first 5 Star, I'm pretty sure, so I'm just completely invested in using her since I learned to play through her. Helps that I have an R4 Lion's Roar and decent artifacts, though. Friend of mine had the same thing with Qiqi got all the way to 'Endgame' point, declared her Qiqi was unkillable (because she managed to get an Aquilla Favonia at some point) and just got bored with the game and moved on to something else.

Speaking of the Aquila Favonia, that's what came out of my Standard Banner when I crossed 75 pulls.

Based on my sword users, I suppose this belongs to Bennet.

• Options
    Keqing was my first 5 Star, I'm pretty sure, so I'm just completely invested in using her since I learned to play through her. Helps that I have an R4 Lion's Roar and decent artifacts, though. Friend of mine had the same thing with Qiqi got all the way to 'Endgame' point, declared her Qiqi was unkillable (because she managed to get an Aquilla Favonia at some point) and just got bored with the game and moved on to something else.

Speaking of the Aquila Favonia, that's what came out of my Standard Banner when I crossed 75 pulls.

It's Jean's favorite sword if you have her. It's fine on Bennett, but the physical damage bonus is kinda wasted.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Hm. I have Albedo and Freedom Sworn now, which he's apparently good at using for the party even if it's not super great for him personally. I wonder if I should do anything with him, like put him on my Noelle team? That'd mean giving up Ning and her more reliable energy than Albedo can produce, or giving up on Bennett/Xiangling for battery/damage/pyro resonance.

I wonder who my fourth should be if I do a triple geo team when Gorou comes around?

Kamar on
  • Options

It's Jean's favorite sword if you have her. It's fine on Bennett, but the physical damage bonus is kinda wasted.

Yeah, no Jean. I've really got no options for swords--Bennet, Traveler, Kaeya, and I don't really use 2 of those.

Oh, if I pull the trigger on the waiting C6 for Bennet, that might play well with the physical damage bonus, right?

• Options

Yeah, no Jean. I've really got no options for swords--Bennet, Traveler, Kaeya, and I don't really use 2 of those.

Oh, if I pull the trigger on the waiting C6 for Bennet, that might play well with the physical damage bonus, right?

Nope! You'll turn his AA damage to fire damage and lose that physical bonus. The ability is nice, especially for survivability. I used it on Keqing for a long time because of that, but it's not ideal on anyone but Jean or maybe Keqing if you're doing a physical build with her.

• Options

My Jean is effectively invulnerable between her passive healing and the healing from this sword.

Characters
  • Options
    Not saying an Aquila isn’t good on Jean also, but it is best in slot for Bennett’s buff due to the high attack. See here about a minute in:

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    To be honest, for as much as Genshin is a "Play Who You Want" game, I also just kind of hate the aspect to it that some characters are just....'necessary'. Like, I absolutely would not use Bennett if he wasn't just one of the most broken characters in the game. I don't like his design, I don't like his storyline or personality, I just don't want anything to do with him. But he's right there whenever I'm running Abyss desperately trying to get all the stars because I can't get him without that.

Same with Kazuha and Venti. I don't like them. I didn't pull for them because I don't like them. But they are absolutely vital characters and that aspect really, really annoys me.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    To be honest, for as much as Genshin is a "Play Who You Want" game, I also just kind of hate the aspect to it that some characters are just....'necessary'. Like, I absolutely would not use Bennett if he wasn't just one of the most broken characters in the game. I don't like his design, I don't like his storyline or personality, I just don't want anything to do with him. But he's right there whenever I'm running Abyss desperately trying to get all the stars because I can't get him without that.

Same with Kazuha and Venti. I don't like them. I didn't pull for them because I don't like them. But they are absolutely vital characters and that aspect really, really annoys me.

I'm not going to try to say any of those characters are well balanced for something like abyss. They are very very powerful. I just wanted to mention that I looked at the team comps for each side of each floor from patch 2.2, and at least one team in the top 8 fastest clears for all six rooms didn't use any of those 3. They absolutely aren't necessary, but they make it a hell of a lot easier.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Bennet I would agree with, but I have venti and I absolutely never use him. Like I know he's good, but i haven't found him vital for any content.

for me, Bennet and Zhongli are the only "you have to be utilizing these characters if you have them" in the game, currently.

before people chime in i knooooow that there are so many good characters but I don't think any are like...if you're not using them you're hurting yourself, unless you just have really bad luck.

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I've had a pretty good time paring Venti and Kazuha in the abyss.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Jeix wrote: »

I'm not going to try to say any of those characters are well balanced for something like abyss. They are very very powerful. I just wanted to mention that I looked at the team comps for each side of each floor from patch 2.2, and at least one team in the top 8 fastest clears for all six rooms didn't use any of those 3. They absolutely aren't necessary, but they make it a hell of a lot easier.

Honestly, though for the latest Abyss, I don't see how you can reliably get through Floor 11 without one of them unless you get really lucky with lures. Obviously the gimmick with the stupid Ley Line Monolith is that you can use Itto's lure (since the point of this Abyss is to make you want Itto and Gorou by the time they come around) to keep enemies from attacking it instead (which Ganyu, Mona and Amber also have to some degree) which will work for the most part but it isn't completely reliable.

OR you can just use Venti or Kazuha to constantly swirl and zone the enemies so they never get a chance to attack it. Because that's just the gimmick of the floor, is making it difficult because there's a bunch of enemies that even multi-hitting characters will struggle to effectively deal with. The challenge of this go around isn't just 'hit things fast and make them dead', which you can theoretically do with any team. I know it can be done without the big Anemo characters (because I've already seen people showing off their clear of that floor while specifically saying 'No Anemo' which just goes to show) and it's like, they just barely cleared it without getting their monoliths under 60% and the enemies just decided to not go for the monolith at points. Enemy aggro is just finicky.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I love how proud she looks. I imagine we’re all proud when tormenting Paimon. Hearing her exclaim “Hey!” is my reward for a job well done.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    edited December 2021

its all about mindset

once u have learned to feed in competitive videogames the next step is to feed in ur single player games too... i have mastered this... and thus bennett remains unlevelled, suffering for all eternity

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

Nope! You'll turn his AA damage to fire damage and lose that physical bonus. The ability is nice, especially for survivability. I used it on Keqing for a long time because of that, but it's not ideal on anyone but Jean or maybe Keqing if you're doing a physical build with her.

Ah, yeah. Realized afterwards that C6 overwrites other bonuses.

Was thinking that it converted them. That would be fun!

• Options
    tnfoq14oo69l.jpeg

Don’t sleep on companion gifts! 20 primos a pop and it turns out you can get multiple gifts from the same companion by making different sets. Everyone thought I was crazy grinding companionship xp, but who’s laughing now eh?

…still them probably but now I have several hundred more primos so…

• Options
    XantusXantus Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Don’t sleep on companion gifts! 20 primos a pop and it turns out you can get multiple gifts from the same companion by making different sets. Everyone thought I was crazy grinding companionship xp, but who’s laughing now eh?

…still them probably but now I have several hundred more primos so…

last month that was my jam. e3yyckaczdz1.png

i still have several sets i could finish.. but they take a significant amount of realm currency or a ton of wood ;p
    the inazuma sets are rough cause they only have 1 or 2 chars giving rewards for them.

Xantus on