Options

Webcrumlics, Webicomis, [Webcomics], you name 'em, we got 'em

134689100

Posts

  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    good chance, i think, that the camera doesn't follow dave and jagg and instead lingers on incubus and alison and cio, and this is when maya is going to re-enter the picture and speak on the matter of why she turned away from being one of the conquerors and the consequences of playing that game

    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Don't bother lying, Wilbur!, it's obvious that's hard seltzer.

    qo2tzeaqkazt.jpg

    Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Going out on a limb here and saying that goops is either restoring her magical girl dream memories to her or nightmarifying them

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Don't bother lying, Wilbur!, it's obvious that's hard seltzer.

    qo2tzeaqkazt.jpg

    Oh many that opening quote

    The shade from the damn narrator

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Pixie trix continues with more aaron queerbaiting

  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    And how dare he build a civilization out of the ruined and shattered remains of whatever the hell was left over at the end of that war.

    what do you think Empires are

  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Hey you guys remember that time an update ago that we found out that Solomon's empire is so ridiculously authoritarian that someone was locked up for 25 years for drinking alcohol?

    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    His Empire seems like a pretty awful place to endure is what I'm saying. His people seem to only endure it because they are convinced that Solomon is the only one saving them from some worse fate.

    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Moth 13 wrote: »

    When first reading the previous page, I only noticed that the carriers were drawn without faces. Going back after seeing this page, it really was them and I just didn't notice because they had normal hair.

    And I don't know if I would even notice that I didn't notice if I wasn't reading one page at a time.

    Peewi on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    will never stop being impressed by how folks twist themselves into knots trying to justify why the fascist godking that rules through fear and brute force is actually a good guy deep down

  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Solomon is a horrible terrible person like all of the 7

    He's also badass and fun to see doing stuff and quite interesting, like all of the 7

    But god none of them are good people jfc

  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    His Empire seems like a pretty awful place to endure is what I'm saying. His people seem to only endure it because they are convinced that Solomon is the only one saving them from some worse fate.

    A worse fate that his very existence and power set proved the existence off

    But Without a doubt he convinced himself that his stick was the only thing keeping them alive, naively not understanding how out of his league the hogg was

  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I think if Solomon David got a redemption arc it would probably be good because K6BD is a good and well written comic

    It just seems unnecessary and unlikely given the everything that has happened so far

    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I think there's also some confusion between star wars ep 9 esque "redemption" and just stopping from being actively shitty

    the latter does not erase the past nor make up for it but it is a difference from willfully continuing to cause harm for whatever reason

    a tyrant in retirement doesn't get a pass on the atrocities he committed, but he wont be committing any new ones

    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »

    this is actually what I kind of figured when I saw in the last page that the four figures holding up her... palanquin, seemed to resemble her four dead friends. Well three dead friends and one living friend.

  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Solomon David is a total dickhead!

    But I love him cos he walks the walk. He is as shit hot as he carries himself as. He's also quite interesting and not just a ruthless amoral piece of shit; yes what he does is wrong, but he believes it is right and correct. He also does have a genuine sense of honour. He's like Doctor Doom. Yeah super evil, but also kind of great! It's cool when Doom fucks over someone more powerful and horrendous and it's cool watching Salami Dave go out like a champ against the Jaggahog

  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Hey you guys remember that time an update ago that we found out that Solomon's empire is so ridiculously authoritarian that someone was locked up for 25 years for drinking alcohol?

    The entire point is that, as powerful as Solomon is and as good as his intentions are regarding his own slice of the multiverse, he absolutely sucks at the whole "running an empire" business.

    He thinks he's better than the others, absolutely, and compared to the rest his empire seems like a pretty okay place to live even if it's totally a totalitarian nightmare. But he still sucks at it. His entire governing philosophy revolves around "I am perfect, and so they must also be perfect" as a central tenant.

    He's an interesting character and I think there are waaaay too many people that want to see some facade ripped away and Dave exposed as a character with no redeeming qualities for whatever reason.

  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Being that he is being sent to Jadis' world and assuming she is also there, I could see Solomon dying, Jag being mortally wounded and Jadis coming out of nowhere, finishing him off and taking both their keys for some future shenanigans.

  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Hey you guys remember that time an update ago that we found out that Solomon's empire is so ridiculously authoritarian that someone was locked up for 25 years for drinking alcohol?

    The entire point is that, as powerful as Solomon is and as good as his intentions are regarding his own slice of the multiverse, he absolutely sucks at the whole "running an empire" business.

    He thinks he's better than the others, absolutely, and compared to the rest his empire seems like a pretty okay place to live even if it's totally a totalitarian nightmare. But he still sucks at it. His entire governing philosophy revolves around "I am perfect, and so they must also be perfect" as a central tenant.

    He's an interesting character and I think there are waaaay too many people that want to see some facade ripped away and Dave exposed as a character with no redeeming qualities for whatever reason.

    The reason is genocidal emperors are bad, man

    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    A lot of people dislike tyrants for whatever reason

    Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

    https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Solomon David is a total dickhead!

    But I love him cos he walks the walk. He is as shit hot as he carries himself as. He's also quite interesting and not just a ruthless amoral piece of shit; yes what he does is wrong, but he believes it is right and correct. He also does have a genuine sense of honour. He's like Doctor Doom. Yeah super evil, but also kind of great! It's cool when Doom fucks over someone more powerful and horrendous and it's cool watching Salami Dave go out like a champ against the Jaggahog

    Yeah if I were to compare him to anyone else in fiction it would be Doctor Doom.

    Seriously if Abbadon ever does dip back into this universe in the future I want a prequel with the 7. They're all great characters in their own rights.

  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I mean, not me, Immortal Philosopher-Tyrant Machine please

    Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

    https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    It is funny how people will be like "Oh, this is it! This is the part where Dave reveals that he doesn't care about his people at all!" right before he starts burning his life to defend them.

  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »
    Hey you guys remember that time an update ago that we found out that Solomon's empire is so ridiculously authoritarian that someone was locked up for 25 years for drinking alcohol?

    The entire point is that, as powerful as Solomon is and as good as his intentions are regarding his own slice of the multiverse, he absolutely sucks at the whole "running an empire" business.

    He thinks he's better than the others, absolutely, and compared to the rest his empire seems like a pretty okay place to live even if it's totally a totalitarian nightmare. But he still sucks at it. His entire governing philosophy revolves around "I am perfect, and so they must also be perfect" as a central tenant.

    He's an interesting character and I think there are waaaay too many people that want to see some facade ripped away and Dave exposed as a character with no redeeming qualities for whatever reason.

    The reason is genocidal emperors are bad, man

    That's Mottom. She's the genocidal one.

    Nothing we've seen from Dave says he's a maniac like that and his entire background is "Yeah this guy did what he did -because- of the genocidal maniacs."

  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I will say this Immortal Philosopher Tyrant Machine seems to have more of like a weird giant family cult thing going on where you get sent to one million years dungeon for no reason and probably they do stuff to you in there which is all rather sordid and creepy and why you should use a Machine

    Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

    https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Trace wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »
    Hey you guys remember that time an update ago that we found out that Solomon's empire is so ridiculously authoritarian that someone was locked up for 25 years for drinking alcohol?

    The entire point is that, as powerful as Solomon is and as good as his intentions are regarding his own slice of the multiverse, he absolutely sucks at the whole "running an empire" business.

    He thinks he's better than the others, absolutely, and compared to the rest his empire seems like a pretty okay place to live even if it's totally a totalitarian nightmare. But he still sucks at it. His entire governing philosophy revolves around "I am perfect, and so they must also be perfect" as a central tenant.

    He's an interesting character and I think there are waaaay too many people that want to see some facade ripped away and Dave exposed as a character with no redeeming qualities for whatever reason.

    The reason is genocidal emperors are bad, man

    That's Mottom. She's the genocidal one.

    Nothing we've seen from Dave says he's a maniac like that and his entire background is "Yeah this guy did what he did -because- of the genocidal maniacs."

    Solomon David 100% did some genocides

    You cant take over one seventh of all creation without some genocide

    Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    He also personally blew up like a thousand transdimensional battlers as some sort of combination of judicial appointment and boner exercise which I dunno this is how you spend your time maybe read a book or something

    Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

    https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I don't think that anyone is pretending he's like, a nice bloke. I'm pretty sure that actually noone is like nah he's a goodie! Bit of a straw man imo

  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I don't think that anyone is pretending he's like, a nice bloke. I'm pretty sure that actually noone is like nah he's a goodie! Bit of a straw man imo

    I certainly wouldn't want to have a beer with him.

  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

    solomon's david's biggest failing is that he doesn't always say "Please" and "Thank You", and a lot of people think that's really rude and mean, it can really get in the way of making friends!

    yK3CdjD.jpg

    that's why I think this story is going to conclude with him learning better manners and that will make the rest of the demiurges realize that he could be a really good friend

  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside, you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalise criminals and rule you like a king!

    Bobs not wrong you know be it a large strapping Republican or a large strapping cosmic supermonster we know we are wrong and someone needs to stomp us right

    Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

    https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2021
    Oh right remember how Dave set up a tournament to give himself an excuse to burst a bunch of blood balloons, I just remembered that

    The only thing that's changed is his pride of being the strongest has been wounded in front of his slaves

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »
    Hey you guys remember that time an update ago that we found out that Solomon's empire is so ridiculously authoritarian that someone was locked up for 25 years for drinking alcohol?

    The entire point is that, as powerful as Solomon is and as good as his intentions are regarding his own slice of the multiverse, he absolutely sucks at the whole "running an empire" business.

    He thinks he's better than the others, absolutely, and compared to the rest his empire seems like a pretty okay place to live even if it's totally a totalitarian nightmare. But he still sucks at it. His entire governing philosophy revolves around "I am perfect, and so they must also be perfect" as a central tenant.

    He's an interesting character and I think there are waaaay too many people that want to see some facade ripped away and Dave exposed as a character with no redeeming qualities for whatever reason.

    The reason is genocidal emperors are bad, man

    That's Mottom. She's the genocidal one.

    Nothing we've seen from Dave says he's a maniac like that and his entire background is "Yeah this guy did what he did -because- of the genocidal maniacs."

    Solomon David 100% did some genocides

    You cant take over one seventh of all creation without some genocide

    I actually don't really think that's the case for any of them outside of probably Gog and Jagganoth maybe? The Universal War seemed to be more about the Keys than about actually taking over universes. That seems to be more part of the peace treaty between the seven. "You stay in -this- area of the multiverse, and I'll stay in -this- area."

  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Oh right remember how Dave set up a tournament to give himself an excuse to burst a bunch of blood balloons, I just remembered that

    A few pages before he's also like "Yo, do nothing and you win, money, titles, prestige, ectect. But if you want to double or nothing your winnings... go ahead and try and punch me."

    There's a couple of them that are smart enough to not try and attack.

    Then when White Chain wins, he doesn't freak out. He acknowledges her win and seems totally ready to deal. Of course we never got to hear his answer on that and we can debate about it til the cows come home but whatever.

  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    No I'm sorry but the neunundneunzig blood balloons was just a pervert thing I know pervert shit when I see it that was a boner exercise

    Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

    https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
This discussion has been closed.