• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I thought that was last week's comic

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    This week's OGLAF is SFW and is about following instructions

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    will never stop being impressed by how folks twist themselves into knots trying to justify why the fascist godking that rules through fear and brute force is actually a good guy deep down

If you missed it, my previous post about "just taking back what was his" was dripping with sarcasm.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Oh right remember how Dave set up a tournament to give himself an excuse to burst a bunch of blood balloons, I just remembered that

A few pages before he's also like "Yo, do nothing and you win, money, titles, prestige, ectect. But if you want to double or nothing your winnings... go ahead and try and punch me."

There's a couple of them that are smart enough to not try and attack.

Then when White Chain wins, he doesn't freak out. He acknowledges her win and seems totally ready to deal. Of course we never got to hear his answer on that and we can debate about it til the cows come home but whatever.
    See that's not honorable. That's psycbological manipulation. He said that knowing that most of the people would try and attack him, and then he popped them.

He killed hundreds of people to flex.

He's a piece of shit. Like could he be a worse piece of shit? Probably. Do I enjoy reading about him? Yep.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Yeah but also you can see how he sees it. It's a test. Can they safely choose to acknowledge him as superior, and accept everything that he offers freely, or are they bold enough to take the risk? He would say its not manipulation but rather a question he poses to them all, and their nature provides their answer.

And that may be bollocks but its is interesting. He doesn't just murder them all cos he is a psychopath. He has a self-imposed code, a system of reasoning. It's like how when Doctor Doom decides not to attack the Fantastic Four when they're sneaking through his castle cos the hallway they're in is full of priceless artwork that could be damaged. He's evil and a bad guy and a tyrant despot but that still quite interesting as a trait!

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    You know, there's a pretty good opportunity right now for Maya to show up and dunk on Incubus.

What with the fight having just been punched to somewhere else, and all.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Yeah but also you can see how he sees it. It's a test. Can they safely choose to acknowledge him as superior, and accept everything that he offers freely, or are they bold enough to take the risk? He would say its not manipulation but rather a question he poses to them all, and their nature provides their answer.

And that may be bollocks but its is interesting. He doesn't just murder them all cos he is a psychopath. He has a self-imposed code, a system of reasoning. It's like how when Doctor Doom decides not to attack the Fantastic Four when they're sneaking through his castle cos the hallway they're in is full of priceless artwork that could be damaged. He's evil and a bad guy and a tyrant despot but that still quite interesting as a trait!

Also, if the rest of the K6BD universe is anything to go by, everyone in that entire tournament outside of the main characters were probably more than a little bad themselves.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    The protagonist crew had a genocidal cannibal devil (plus a second somewhat less evil devil) and an absolutist lawful good prick of an angel too, they weren’t exactly saints.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I’m using past tense for my statement with the assumption that Jag is still gonna kill everyone and the webcomic will switch to be about Allison’s roommates having wacky hijinks on earth.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Salami Dave is dick-punching Jagganoth into the Mary Worth universe, where he will land directly on top of the restaurant and squash Wilbur into merciful oblivion.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Look, if I can make it safer in my realm by taking out most of the people willing to kill to be in charge, I might avail myself.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Salami Dave is dick-punching Jagganoth into the Mary Worth universe, where he will land directly on top of the restaurant and squash Wilbur into merciful oblivion.

Mary's gonna end up with the keys, then Allison's real challenge begins

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

Also, if the rest of the K6BD universe is anything to go by, everyone in that entire tournament outside of the main characters were probably more than a little bad themselves.

Oh boy is that not a good argument for why it's not all that bad that Solomon killed a bunch of people.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    If you want to make a moral comparison between the demiurges and Cio in terms of "why is Cio ok but the demiurges are irredeemable," I guess my argument would be that Cio regrets her sins and is trying to be a better person while all the demiurges except maybe senile grandpa dragon are currently actively still mega-satan and aren't the least bit sorry about it, they don't even think there's anything wrong with it. Which is part of why I'm glad the power of friendship with the demiurges didn't beat Jag, that would have been a pretty hollow victory, storywise.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    The demiurges are good because they are characters in the story. The rando civilians are scum because they are nobodies. I'm sorry I don't make the rules, that's just how it is.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    If you want to make a moral comparison between the demiurges and Cio in terms of "why is Cio ok but the demiurges are irredeemable," I guess my argument would be that Cio regrets her sins and is trying to be a better person while all the demiurges except maybe senile grandpa dragon are currently actively still mega-satan and aren't the least bit sorry about it, they don't even think there's anything wrong with it. Which is part of why I'm glad the power of friendship with the demiurges didn't beat Jag, that would have been a pretty hollow victory, storywise.

Cio doesn't really regret what she did, she just doesn't want to feel bad about it any more. She's not that bothered about all the people she had tortured IIRC

• Options
    Also I get what you're saying but theoretically Salami Dave might regret what he did too and thus be in vaguely the same camp.

The reason Cio is acceptable as redeemable is because she was introduced as a somewhat heroic character. Whereas Solomon David was not.

• Options
    what part of the comic makes you think Dave regrets anything he's ever done

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

I like this comic, but I've been forgetting to check it. For some reason the RSS feed hasn't been updating for months.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It's also still not 100% clear what the relation a demon has to their prior masks is, and how much they consider them separate entities. Princess Jack Moonshine is becoming a very different person than Vladok was.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Princess Jack Moonshine is a very different person to Princess Jack Moonshine.

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited October 2021

No one's saying he isn't interesting. Just bemoaning people treating him as anything other than a blood-drenched tyrant, just because he's clothed in the same empire-apologia that surrounds us in real life.
    Also I get what you're saying but theoretically Salami Dave might regret what he did too and thus be in vaguely the same camp.

The reason Cio is acceptable as redeemable is because she was introduced as a somewhat heroic character. Whereas Solomon David was not.

and I think Abbadon isn't interested in Solomon's redemption because of his feelings on imperialism

Grog on
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    o7t0ujzaagv71.png

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    okay that is pretty great

i kind of love sweaty salami dave

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Meanwhile Allison is using a jury-rigged PC held together by duct tape and what I suspect to be a dial-up modem doing the "Guess I'll die" pose.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Madican wrote: »
    Meanwhile Allison is using a jury-rigged PC held together by duct tape and what I suspect to be a dial-up modem doing the "Guess I'll die" pose.

No, that's Inky. Allison is part of the triad at the end.

(and Jagg is typing, like, 400+ APM )

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I feel very confident that mottom would be the best gamer out of the demiurges

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Jadis would as she could see everything coming

Incubus next and Dragon whose name escapes me is dead last

• Options
    Mottom would be a twitch gamer e-girl. Beautiful. Powerful. A slave to the wants of her subjects.

• Options
    I feel like anyone but Jag is the wrong answer. At least at this point in the comic.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    sad grandpa dragon would go afk at spawn to continue counting his money

incubus would spawn camp to up his score

salami dave would be very good at whatever they're playing because of his amazing reflexes but ultimately can't beat Jadis' omnipotence. Mottom is as described. Gog wastes most of each round spraying goatse on everything for a larf. Jaggahog is planning to kill everyone irl

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Jadis would as she could see everything coming

Incubus next and Dragon whose name escapes me is dead last

That's Grandpa Dragon.

Or Mammon.

Take your pick.

• Options
    Jadis: Blames it on Clara using her PC.

• Options
  • Options
    qpmhaifnehs6.jpg
    Gunnerkrigg Court

Not allowed to use magic powers to save a life, but trying to steal a gods power is A-OK.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    as a formerly obese, still overweight male I appreciate showing a Man of Gravity be the object of someone's affections

but at the same time I just find it extremely unrealistic

everything about internalized fat shaming, fatphobia, and body image redefinition is true and relevant to me, don't get me wrong

but "in the real world" I have never, ever, ever actually seen something like that happen

it's odd because I feel like that comic has capital R Representation of an ideal you wish to mandate unto the world, not something that is actually happening and being suppressed, oppressed or misrepresented

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
This discussion has been closed.