As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLB 2022: Angel Hernandez still bad, CB Bucknor worse

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    no espn, no I do not want to watch your derek jeter hagiography

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

Fucking seriously, god damn I remember when Rivera and Jeter retired it was like non stop yankee dick slobbering.

Tip deez nuts to the captain.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Fucking seriously, god damn I remember when Rivera and Jeter retired it was like non stop yankee dick slobbering.

Tip deez nuts to the captain.

You fuckers went out like chumps and took Donny Baseballs best shot at a ring away.

Kiss the Yankees Second Best 2000s shortstops rings

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I assume they went to timed rounds for the Derby to not be finishing the first round at midnight on the East Coast.

But it's kind of a problem if things are happening too fast to follow along.

• Options
    WTF jays

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular

"LMAOOOOOOO RED SOX"
    - Tweeter is a rando, clip is from the

Top of the 3rd, bases loaded, 2 outs, Jays up 6-0, Red Sox (particularly their centre fielder) just giving. I mean, it seems like he lost vision on the ball perhaps, but after that, there's no hustle at all.

Game ended 28-6 Jays over Sox, apparently a league record high for the season.

• Options
    ouchiesouchies Registered User regular
    Duran should absolutely be benched for that. He just waited for the left fielder to field the ball. Just stood there when he was the closest player. Bench him, send him down, do something.

• Options
    wow
    robbie ray gettin killed out there

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Yeah the mariners reverted hard. I heard Julio is also hurt with a wrist issue. So my beard is safe this season.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah the mariners reverted hard. I heard Julio is also hurt with a wrist issue. So my beard is safe this season.

On schedule as always too!

Look, I'm a hypocrite and love to subject myself to a trainwreck, so when my original home, Midwest team, The White Sox come up during Labor day at ,"The Mobile", I can finally scream in a White Sox Jersey, all game, "TONY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"; while chugging Rainer overpriced beer.Rainer still shits all over anything Budweiser.

In fact I hope the Ms fans start a chant like that. I'm down for clowning LaRussa.

Let me have this moment In time Sept 5th.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    ouchies wrote: »
    Duran should absolutely be benched for that. He just waited for the left fielder to field the ball. Just stood there when he was the closest player. Bench him, send him down, do something.

He's also an anti-vaxxer who can't play in Toronto.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Phils just got swept by the last place Cubs, soooo.... not a great start to the second half. :(

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    cckerberos wrote: »
    ouchies wrote: »

He's also an anti-vaxxer who can't play in Toronto.

So is Houck, which is part of the reason they got swept the last time they were in Toronto (2 of the three loses were Jays walk-offs). And the Jays just swept them at home. Good. Fuck them.

Never, ever learn anything about a baseball player, especially the ones that some old guy describes as a kid that “plays the game the right way” because it’s just a way to say “white player.” They’re just jock kids or jocks in their late 20s, and I don’t think I’ve ever met a jock kid or 28 year old who was like, a good dude.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    The Red Sox are an absolute toxic waste site right now and I am here for it

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    wooow mariners
    almost gave the game away to the texans late but good 9th inning heroics by santana and raleigh

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    whelp
    after getting swept by the dbacks, i'm pretty sure the Giants are gonna go into firesale mode tomorrow
    at least I hope they do, no point in holding onto Joc or Rodon at this point, lets go get some draft picks and find the next Mike Piazza

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    whelp
    after getting swept by the dbacks, i'm pretty sure the Giants are gonna go into firesale mode tomorrow
    at least I hope they do, no point in holding onto Joc or Rodon at this point, lets go get some draft picks and find the next Mike Piazza

There will never be another Mike Piazza.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    whelp

There will never be another Mike Piazza.

nob8xcpz7glw.jpg

This is true. There will never be another star catcher, heck star player at any position, with a mullet and stache that glorious ever again.

• Options
    Well with universal DH you'll never have a catcher who hits that good that is just a catcher.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Vin Scully, longtime voice of the Dodgers and one of the broadcast greats, has passed away.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    i blame juan soto

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Scully had a nice long life and thanks to recordings and memories will effectively be immortal. Not a bad legacy.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Vin Scully was one of those folks that was just great to listen to. Called games solo. And just painted a picture over the radio. Knew the game inside and out too.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    That's the GABBO reference, right?

• Options
    NL west showdown tonight
    let see if Soto and the new terrifying Padres can do something against the Dodgers

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    NL west showdown tonight
    let see if Soto and the new terrifying Padres can do something against the Dodgers

Oh man that's a game I'd love to watch.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    wow dodgers really punishing manaea early

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    wow
    poor manaea, padres gonna need to light their bats on fire if they want to be competitive here

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    maybe soto should've have talked shit about pitchers
    padres can't seem to buy a hit

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    and soto sits at the bottom of the 7th
    what a waste of money
    oh nm they're in quit mode, position player pitching now

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    And the dodgers just completed a 3 game sweep of the padres
    Now we can ask the question:
    Juan Soto: waste of money?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Juan Soto's been having an off-year all season. I wouldn't expect it to suddenly get better after the trade.

That said, he's phenomenally talented and I'd expect big things from him in that lineup next year.

• Options
    Its one series against a tough division rival. But that's why they brought in guys like Soto and in this one sample they definitely didn't deliver.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    lol this annual field of dreams game is always so hokey but i love it
    the NHL has their outdoor game every year, the NBA should do a "White Men Can't Jump" themed street ball game every year

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    NFL should do a game where it's just pouring rain and also for some reason almost none of the stadium lights are on so it's dark as fuck

i.e. how the football in The Last Boyscout looks

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    NFL should do a game where it's just pouring rain and also for some reason almost none of the stadium lights are on so it's dark as fuck

Friday nights a great night for football!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Fernando Tatis Jr is done for the year steroid suspension 80 games that includes post game and games next year. He's not fighting it claims it was for taking something to deal with Ringworm. Remember earlier in the year Robinson Cano played on the padres #justsaying.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    lol this annual field of dreams game is always so hokey but i love it
    the NHL has their outdoor game every year, the NBA should do a "White Men Can't Jump" themed street ball game every year

Only if it’s basically just a showcase for Alex Caruso dunking everyone straight to hell

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    knitdan wrote: »

Now that both Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennell appear to be out of the league, I guess you won't have the worst possible flashback.

Though given that "NFL player shot himself" when I googled, puts both Plaxico Burress and Junior Seau above Jovan Belcher, and CTE being a significant issue, maybe referencing that scene in even a cursory way, isn't a good idea.

MorganV on
  • Options
    Thread title is on point: Angel Hernadez is such a bad ump that MLB wouldn't let him ump in the World Series.

Story is from ESPN. Hernandez sued MLB for discrimination because he hadn't be named to the umpire crew for a World Series since 2005. MLB says he was scheduled to ump the 2018 World Series, but his three overturned calls at first base in the 2018 ALDS between the Yankees and the Red Sox disqualified him.