As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[IC] Vampire: The Masquerade - Pyramid Scheme [PBP]

1235»

Posts

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Louie looks down the list quickly as they walk the hall, mumbling beneath his breath as he reads, and ticking over each item in his head. He growls with deep appreciation as he hands the list back, and grins at the Professor. "Seems like a fairly tight summation to me, mate! Down to the T..." The vampire seems quieter than usual, pensive. Something about this meeting with the Regentia has him on edge, far more than he'd been the first time through here. Maybe he's worried that the night's surprises aren't over. Or maybe, after so long out of the spotlight, the drag of this long series of social manuevrring has tired the social butterfly out of him out...

    He straightens himself up as they approach the server room doors, fixing his collar and finding his charm once more. "Alright then," he says, sidling up next to Gurstag. "Big smiles! Let's go make ourselves invaluable!"

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    "Yes, I've already tried rebooting it. Stop being childish." The woman seems occupied in a phone conversation that appears to be paired with a fruitless attempt at troubleshooting a laptop displaying a conspicuous error message. "Forget it, I'll expect you to have this resolved by the evening." The conversation is cut short as Eleanor takes a seat, looking across her desk to her newfound guests. "I've been told you had an interesting evening, including a rodent problem. I trust they didn't spread any infection."

    oK4l3R4.png
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    ""Interesting"," Louie replies, non-commitally but not (entirely) disrespectfully. "Yeh, sure....les' go with that..."

    Walking up to the desk once more, rather than grab a seat this time Louie remains standing, three fingers nervously rattling against the side as he quietly responds to the Regentia. "Did learn bunches, though," Louie stresses, slightly tersely. "Learned the "Rodents" knew everything about where we were going an' what we were doin' tonight, an' now have us on their personal shit list. They've suggested they've got the Sheriff on speed dial, an' seem eager to give a ring about our business..."

    "Learned we're working with bloodbags to create the technology yer' proposing. Moreover, they'd like us to sell out our own to do business. Now, everyone knows I'm no square, ma'am, but I'll tell ya' even my arsehole puckered up at that bit of info..."

    Louie, calm as a deathbed vigil, doesn't complain so much as protest with a bitter, defeated determination. "Gotta tell ya, my Regentia...it's not that I don't appreciate you bringing me out of retirement. It's that I didn't think you'd be looking to retire me again so soon!"

    Eyes rising to look directly up directly upon the Regentia, the leathery vampire finally asks with the utmost caution. "An' who is Liana, then?"

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited April 29
    Gurstag nods his head deferentially to the Regentia, as he walks to the desk and slides his report across to her.
    Louie appeared to be heading into the breach for the team, so he feels no reason to also stretch out his neck right now.
    Even if he also felt left out to dust.

    His eyes track to the laptop.
    ".."
    Probably full of magick as well as whatever this is.
    "I could have a shot if you want", he whispers to the Regentia, motioning to the laptop and trying to dodge the crossfire.

    discrider on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    "Yes, they tend to be irritatingly in the know of everything. However, I must advise that you don't flatter yourselves much. Everyone is on their 'shit list' in some form of another. Let them sing to the Sheriff all they please, he does not like those prone to tattling." With that, she seems inclined to move on past the subject as if it were grade-school squabbling. "I care more about what they don't say than what they will."

    Eleanor seems far more intrigued on the subject of the mortals. "Yes, that is typically how their dealings go. You both survived, it appears, so it seems you can navigate the web sufficiently enough. Take solace in that, because it was but a taste of what you can expect in an average Elysium. So yes, they want dirt on House Carna, I expected as much."

    The laptop is closed and handed over to Gurstag as if it were already written off. Maybe it had been. "I have a backup, but it would be appreciated if you not wreak havoc on the hardware."

    Then her attention returns to Louie, with likely the last reply desirable. "I'm not familiar with the name. Perhaps you can tell me."

    oK4l3R4.png
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Then her attention returns to Louie, with likely the last reply desirable. "I'm not familiar with the name. Perhaps you can tell me."

    He hesitates for but a moment. Grins to himself. And then, per usual, Louie barrels ahead: "Li-ann-a. Quiet? Watchful? The "woman" who was overseeing Jonathan an' the bloodbags part o' the deal? Tried her level-best to run things from the sidelines and remain the unseen hand, but me an' her had some words. Her aura was...extremes. An' seemed ageless..."

    "...This ent' really the first you're hearing about her, my Regentia?..." Louie looks utterly perplexed, concerned. "She sure knew you." Thinking twice, he considers the full situation, and what it means. Without blinking, he also adds, "Was my demand on the deal, she reveal herself, so ya'know..."

    discrider
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited May 3
    Gurstag turns the laptop over in his hands before he slides it into his satchel.
    He already regretted the offer; he only meant to have a poke at it, not have it wrinkling his work.
    Oh well

    "They seemed rather presumptuous for morsels too. That they felt bold enough to deal with us -and- the Wiccans.
    And our accosters seemed rather adamant we were risking final death approaching the Technos.
    So I'm curious what Liana was too."

    discrider on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    "Interesting that she would claim such a thing, I hardly traffic with their ilk, I know of their kind through... other circles, you could say. Tell me whatever you know of her, it could be of use in future transactions... though going forward, I trust you both would agree we should make them a less clandestine affair. We may have to go public with our findings if we're to get proper support, or at very least, avoid open hostilities. The Nosferatu are either going to sit on this information for future exploitation, or move fast. I am not fond of either possibility. They already know far too much." While Gurstag tinkers with the laptop, the Regentia has already moved to another avenue, browsing what appears to be a tablet containing an indecipherable mess of code and diagrams. "We may have to make our case at Elysium, loathe as I am to admit it. They won't move against us if we have the support of the entire Primogen Council."

    Her attention then goes to Gurstag. "Yes, their kind are known for having considerable hubris. It has brought them low before, it will do so again, but that is no concern of ours. We'll get what we need, and just as soon leave them to their designs. However, I do not want the Wiccans becoming involved... assuming they aren't already. Let me be clear: if you catch any wind of their presence, make yourselves scarce. They are not to be trusted. I would just as soon drop our files into the sewers."

    oK4l3R4.png
    mrpaku
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Gurstag runs a hand through the side of his hair.

    "Well, how should we go about honouring our deal then, Regentia?
    We must ensure any information we give them about the Wiccans only feeds their animosity, and not their curiosity, if we are to stop them working together.
    We could feed them misinformation, but they seem to be seeking their own info through other means."

    He straightens.
    "More importance on sounding out what they know already I suppose", pausing, "and might help us get ahead of any Nosferatu surprises before council. They clearly seem to think they know these Technos."

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    "I'm of a mind that the information would be less harmful in the hands of fellow learned than it would the Nosferatu, as the former have no interest in our power structure or influence on the city, while the latter can and will do anything in their power to see us brought low. Better the devil you know, and all that, not that we truly know either of them. Misinformation would be unwise. They would see right through it. Transparency seems the best option. We give them what they ask for, and they do as they will."

    oK4l3R4.png
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    "So then what's the plan moving forward tomorrow night, my Regentia?" Louie asks sweetly, folding his arms and leaning forward in anticipation. For the moment, he was keeping his deeper thoughts on matters to himself...wanted to see what the Regentia expected of them before attempting to press her for more information and resources...

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Louie rubs his chin in quiet reflection. "Right...Liana..."

    "She sat in the back for the most part, trying to keep on the down-low and let the meat do the majority o' the talking. She was...guess you'd say, hard to keep track of? Kept fucking with our heads somehow, so we didn't know where she was one minute to the next. Talked like she thought she was pretty top o' the food chain. Seemed to be holding her nose working with Tremere...couldn't help but slip in jabs about what fuck-ups we all are, even while trying to work with us. "Science is superior to magic", "how the mighty have fallen", all that bullshit."

    "Her aura though... something I ain't ever seen before! Like a black an' white octopus radiating off of her. Whatever she is, might be, she ain't one of us, and she sure ain't one of them!"

    Louie looks curiously at the Regentia, trying to read her expression. "What do you think?" He asks cautiously, nails rattling the top of her desk. "She ring any bells to you?"

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Rockin' ShoujoRegistered User regular
    "The plan, as proposed, is simple. You are to both attend Elysium tomorrow night. Do dress accordingly. Unfortunately, I can not prepare for every eventuality that may result. Be polite, play your cards close to your chest, and don't give away anything that would jeopardize us or what we have planned."

    As to the elaboration on the woman, Eleanor is silent for a time. "She sounds as if she spouts the same rhetoric that all their ilk do. I would not be concerned with that, though this talk of her abilities is... troubling. Tread lightly if you see her. If she were to go on the offensive, flee. This aura you speak of... it sounds potentially infernal, one who traffics in the bartering of souls. Mortal and otherwise."

    oK4l3R4.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Gurstag nods.
    "Our accosters certainly seemed to imply the same."

    Geth roll 7d10t7 for int and occult in attempting to recall how to protect his soul from being claimed

    int and occult in attempting to recall how to protect his soul from being claimed:
    7d10t7 2 [7d10t7=6, 4, 7, 3, 2, 9, 2]

Sign In or Register to comment.