Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Yeah Halo has modding enabled now well now, Or at least for the newest version

It would look really really bad is the really bad and nothing would lineup perfectly for every enemy, but I wanna see the little rat pelt dudes from Aurion replace the unnagoy, And see how far I could take all the models

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Oh I didn't know they got the cores right in there, that's convenient!
    e: ah there's the rub, many cores are missing, some might never make it to Steam. Oh well.

You can still add them manually to the Steam version.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Are they any advantages to having retro arch in steam other than having it in steam?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Are they any advantages to having retro arch in steam other than having it in steam?

Steam controller api integration.

• Options

Automatic updates.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Happy Skyrim Day, everyone.
    55a347eb8444c729c7833deea5700f3e.png

It's been ten years since that guard took an arrow to the knee.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    10 years of waiting for TES 6.

/sigh/

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    When Skyrim came out I was still living at home starting college.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    2 years; 6; 4; 5; 10+

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I've still never played Skyrim.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options

Why, do you not have a smart fridge?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2021

I'll one-up you. I've never played any games in the following series:

Elder Scrolls, Halo (expect 3 at the Omegathon), GTA, God of War, Persona, SMT, DMC, Bayo, Fifa, Minecraft, Legos, Sims, Ghost Recon, Rainbow 6, Division, Gran Turismo, Monster Hunter (except a demo), Red Dead, Civilization, Far Cry, Diablo, Witcher, Uncharted, Medal of Honor, Fallout, Counter-Strike, Dark Souls, Kingdom Hearts, Ratchet and Clank, Rayman, Age of Empires, Naruto, Dynasty Warriors, Prince of Persia, Spyro, Mass Effect, Watch Dogs, Fortnite, LoL, PubG, and Warcraft (MMO).

Edit: Please don't gift me any games in the above series. I won't play them and will just refund them. I appreciate the thought though! :)

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Can't really compare the time between Morrowind and Oblivion to Oblivion and Skyrim or definitely Skyrim and 6. They started making other games during that time. Not like we haven't gotten a big Bethesda open world since 2011. Technically gotten two, they just weren't elders scroll. We're getting another next year (lol), four years after their previously made game.

• Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Elder Scrolls, Halo (expect 3 at the Omegathon), GTA, God of War, Persona, SMT, DMC, Bayo, Fifa, Minecraft, Legos, Sims, Ghost Recon, Rainbow 6, Division, Gran Turismo, Monster Hunter (except a demo), Red Dead, Civilization, Far Cry, Diablo, Witcher, Uncharted, Medal of Honor, Fallout, Counter-Strike, Dark Souls, Kingdom Hearts, Ratchet and Clank, Rayman, Age of Empires, Naruto, Dynasty Warriors, Prince of Persia, Spyro, Mass Effect, Watch Dogs, Fortnite, LoL, PubG, and Warcraft (MMO).

Are... are you allergic to good games?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    well I personally was extremely hyped for Skyrim, and when 11/11/11 came i got all that i wanted.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options

Are... are you allergic to good games?

Absolutely not! Why do you ask?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Edit: Please don't gift me any games in the above series. I won't play them and will just refund them. I appreciate the thought though! :)

That's like... thirty-uping.
    (What do you play?)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Dover - "I'll one up you."
    *nukes all popular franchises*

• Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

(What do you play?)

In the past I played a lot of everything (JRPG, fighting games, action, platformers, etc). As I got older, my game time got less and less while games got bigger and bigger. Anything open-world by default was out. That killed off a huge portion of AAA games by default. I also never really got into big games during the 360/PS3 era, so they're sequels did nothing for me.

These days, I play mostly indie games, Nintendo stuff, deck builders (Slay the Spire, etc), Legends of Runeterra, Heroes of the Storm, and anything that offers short play sessions or games I can pick-up-and-play then pause when I get interrupted. Anything under 10 hours has a much better chance of getting played.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

(What do you play?)

jo8pz61gp600.png

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

(What do you play?)

In the past I played a lot of everything (JRPG, fighting games, action, platformers, etc). As I got older, my game time got less and less while games got bigger and bigger. Anything open-world by default was out. That killed off a huge portion of AAA games by default. I also never really got into big games during the 360/PS3 era, so they're sequels did nothing for me.

These days, I play mostly indie games, Nintendo stuff, deck builders (Slay the Spire, etc), Legends of Runeterra, Heroes of the Storm, and anything that offers short play sessions or games I can pick-up-and-play then pause when I get interrupted. Anything under 10 hours has a much better chance of getting played.

Yeah, I hope that we get more information about the steam deck's suspend feature. The only reason I was able to make any headway in stuff like hollow knight is because you could put down the switch wherever, and instantly resume.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

(What do you play?)

jo8pz61gp600.png

In his defense, Hero Academy was a lot of fun.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

(What do you play?)

Yeah, I hope that we get more information about the steam deck's suspend feature. The only reason I was able to make any headway in stuff like hollow knight is because you could put down the switch wherever, and instantly resume.

You should probably put it in the charging dock

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    well I personally was extremely hyped for Skyrim, and when 11/11/11 came i got all that i wanted.

Yeah, it's easy to make fun of the game now, but when it came out I was addicted.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I played Skyrim for a few hours when it first released and bounced off it HARD

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Questor wrote: »
    I played Skyrim for a few hours when it first released and bounced off it HARD

And there weren't even any nude mods for it yet...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I put hundreds and hundreds of hours into Skyrim.

On my old Xbox 360.

That's right, I put hundreds of hours into it without mods.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I put hundreds and hundreds of hours into Skyrim.

On my old Xbox 360.

That's right, I put hundreds of hours into it without mods.

It was also possible (through slightly convoluted but entirely legal means) to extract the save from the 360 version (if you'd copied it to a USB stick) and import it into the PC version. Nowhere near as elegant as modern, official cross-save solutions, of course, but it could be done.

That game is memes within memes within memes at this point, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a bloody good game.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Warning: Long, in-depth post about Hero Academy!

Hero Academy was the perfect game for me. Asynchronous strategy game with cross-platform play with iOS. The game had 6 playable teams that each had strengths and weaknesses. Typically, I'd have 5 games going with each team (30 games total), so whenever I'd check in to, there was always a move ready for me to take. I was in the top 100 in wins for each of the teams, so I can confidently say I was one of the best players in the world.

To be fair though, that 2400 hours is bloated from me just leaving the game running in the background. :)

Sadly, Hero Academy slowly died off and the sequel went hard into Hearthstone/mobile heavy pay model, included deck building (blech!), and removed the asynchronous play making all games real time. Basically, the gutted everything amazing about the original game and lost their audience. The game was a huge flop and eventually both games got their servers shut down.

In fact, I was so into Hero Academy that I created my own custom team. For reference, each team in the game included 4 regular units (Tank, Healer, Ranged, Magical) and one Super unit. The exception was the TF2 team which included all 9 units from TF2 (Medic, Heavy, etc). I created a concept for a team built on the theme that they were a ragtag group of people that wouldn't normally have worked together, but came together because of the Crystals featured in each map (destroying Crystals was a win condition on each map). This contrasted greatly from the teams in the game that all felt like they'd knew each other or came from the same city/village.

I was taking game design classes at the time (my professor actually introduced me to the game!), so I was razor focused on balance and so forth. Since I was going to an art school, I got one of my extremely talented classmates to even go a step further and create art for all the units. She was so good that she basically mimicked the art style of the game perfectly.

Here's some of the units in Hero Academy:

d9t7qhggzveu.png
    228ca6o4s782.png
    7xmgvdc88whu.png
    r6z2uj36zwbf.png
    l4kiiyu0qs09.png
    08mtsh2o0l1a.png

And here is her take on the team I created:

98ii8b1wbxjx.png
    bcx82bpqpg6d.png
    j7n39xrmv721.png
    vajlfthp8r8c.png
    041tl6uxlza6.png

I shared my team and her artwork in the Robot Entertainment forums and it was a huge hit. People had created teams before, but nobody had went as deep as we did with the balance and artwork. Eventually my team got shared on the official Robot Entertainment Facebook page. People thought it was a new team in development and got super excited that the game was getting an update. Then demanded the team get added. High praise indeed. :)

If there was ever a game that I would love to play again, or to have a spiritual successor, it would be Hero Academy (followed closely by the Spy vs Merc multiplayer mode from Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory). Maybe one day when the wife has retired and we're looking for another mobile game to make, since we both loved making our first game so much.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    That's awesome. To be honest I don't know much about hero academy, but spies vs. mercs was an obsession for an entire summer over xbox live. Don't get me started on how double agent ruined it, but damn I would love to revisit river mall.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I played the original skyrim, got one of the dlc, then never kept up with all the DLCs and stuff, so when the enhanced upgraded editions started rolling out it never upgraded mine. I kinda want to get back to it, but I feel like I would be better waiting until its super on sale, again, and then pick up the actual latest greatest goodest edition.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Miss the days of disco music and leisure suits? Want to help a desperate 40-something (and later his nephew) find love, even if only for a night?

Then try Humble's Leisure Suit Larry bundle!

$1:
    • Leisure Suit Larry: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards (original and 2013 remake)
    • Leisure Suit Larry 2: Looking for Love (In Several Wrong Places)
    • Leisure Suit Larry 3: Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals

$10:
    • Leisure Suit Larry 5: Passionate Patti Does A Little Undercover Work
    • Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out (includes original game and remake)
    • Leisure Suit Larry 7: Love For Sail
    • Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude (uncut and uncensored version)
    • Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry
    • Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Dry Twice

No, there's no fourth game in the series. It's apparently one of the biggest old jokes in text-adventure gaming: apparently nobody seems to know why things jumped from 3 to 5. Be aware that 2, 3, and 5 are only available in their really old VGA graphics formats.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I played morrowind, met a drunken mudcrab merchant, found out none if the other games had said merchant, never bothered to pick any of the other games up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    To be fair Morrowind is the best one by far. I lived making a jump spell, I forget exactly what it was but it was like fortify acrobatics 300 with some feather fall or whatever. Then you cast it and leap halfway across the map.

That mudcrab was awesome though. It was the only merchant that had a good amount of money.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry
    Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Dry Twice

These are the newest ones, right? Are they any good? Do they have real Adventure puzzles in them or are they just a collection of mini games like the College one on XBOX?

• Options
    edited November 2021
    anoffday wrote: »
    That's awesome. To be honest I don't know much about hero academy, but spies vs. mercs was an obsession for an entire summer over xbox live. Don't get me started on how double agent ruined it, but damn I would love to revisit river mall.

My friend and I played a ton of SvM back on the OG Xbox. We ended up playing as Mercs more often because EVERYONE wanted to play Spies first, then would leave after we crushed them. We called ourselves "Team Delta" and we'd start every map as Spies with the "Delta Route", which was a coordinated path that would have us double team a single point or hit two at the exact same time.

At our peak, we were easily winning 90% of our games against randoms. I mean, two coordinated people would run over two strangers. Sometimes though we'd get matched up against another pair and would try run games with them as long as possible.

One of my favorite tactics we had was a special communication whenever our character's got tagged. Both Spies and Mercs had the ability to mark an enemy with equipment. If you were paying attention, you'd know when you were marked. Marking did two things; it put you on the enemies radar and allowed the other team to listen into your voice chat. When we got tagged, we would say to each other, "So I had these amazing pancakes for breakfast." Anything breakfast related meant we were tagged and going to talk reverse nonsense. Since the enemy could only hear one side of the conversation, we'd say shit like, "OK, I'll stay here, you go check the ground level" with my partner hanging out in the same room as me to ambush enemy Spies thinking they had a free 2v1 situation. :lol:

Once the game servers dried up in 2006, I got us a pair of custom Spy vs Merc T-Shirts made. I still own mine:

4sx9bs8ahys8.jpg
    My XBL name back then was Bosshogx (before switching to MNC Dover in 2007).

x0zxhgqp17se.jpg
    The back of the shirt showed our unique Spy equipment, laid out in the formation that we'd see in game.

2zjnsniiaaj3.png
    In this picture, the Spy equipment is 1) Smoke, 2) Sticky Camera, 3) Spy Bullet, and 4) Stealth Suit

I think a modernized version of the 2v2 gameplay would make for an incredible eSport. The power vs stealth mechanics were so good back in 2005, so I can only imagine how much better a modern game with balance passes and unique maps could be.

But alas, this game type will never see the light of day again. Ubisoft kept adding more action and players into the mix, grinding the original stealth gameplay out of existence. Such a shame.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Warning: Long, in-depth post about Hero Academy!

Deleted the rest for space reasons.

Dang that's amazing - I would love to get some stuff done of my DnD group I DM for in this style :)

Questor on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

My friend and I played a ton of SvM back on the OG Xbox. We ended up playing as Mercs more often because EVERYONE wanted to play Spies first, then would leave after we crushed them. We called ourselves "Team Delta" and we'd start every map as Spies with the "Delta Route", which was a coordinated path that would have us double team a single point or hit two at the exact same time.

At our peak, we were easily winning 90% of our games against randoms. I mean, two coordinated people would run over two strangers. Sometimes though we'd get matched up against another pair and would try run games with them as long as possible.

One of my favorite tactics we had was a special communication whenever our character's got tagged. Both Spies and Mercs had the ability to mark an enemy with equipment. If you were paying attention, you'd know when you were marked. Marking did two things; it put you on the enemies radar and allowed the other team to listen into your voice chat. When we got tagged, we would say to each other, "So I had these amazing pancakes for breakfast." Anything breakfast related meant we were tagged and going to talk reverse nonsense. Since the enemy could only hear one side of the conversation, we'd say shit like, "OK, I'll stay here, you go check the ground level" with my partner hanging out in the same room as me to ambush enemy Spies thinking they had a free 2v1 situation. :lol:

Once the game servers dried up in 2006, I got us a pair of custom Spy vs Merc T-Shirts made. I still own mine:

4sx9bs8ahys8.jpg
    My XBL name back then was Bosshogx (before switching to MNC Dover in 2007).

x0zxhgqp17se.jpg
    The back of the shirt showed our unique Spy equipment, laid out in the formation that we'd see in game.

2zjnsniiaaj3.png
    In this picture, the Spy equipment is 1) Smoke, 2) Sticky Camera, 3) Spy Bullet, and 4) Stealth Suit

I think a modernized version of the 2v2 gameplay would make for an incredible eSport. The power vs stealth mechanics were so good back in 2005, so I can only imagine how much better a modern game with balance passes and unique maps could be.

But alas, this game type will never see the light of day again. Ubisoft kept adding more action and players into the mix, grinding the original stealth gameplay out of existence. Such a shame.

215526172_NLVwx-L-2.jpg

steam_sig.png( < . . .