As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Dead Cells getting a new free update, bringing weapons, skills & skins from Hollow Knight, Blasphemous, Hyper Light Drifter, Guacamelee, Skul & Curse of the Dead Gods:
    https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/588650/view/3073137349138845593
    https://youtu.be/rUb-6F1TV6M

Well, this is everything that appeals to me in one fell swoop

steam_sig.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    I've been hovering around ~600 games installed for a while now, and that's on a 6TB drive with with almost no room left over. God knows how much space you'd need for thousands.

It's literally got to be indie games or anime tits (even then, what's the typical size of a Sakura game?).

DD

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Does Juan control like he does in Guacamelee? Because that would get me to give the game another shot.

camo_sig2.png
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Hevach wrote: »
    I've been hovering around ~600 games installed for a while now, and that's on a 6TB drive with with almost no room left over. God knows how much space you'd need for thousands.

It's literally got to be indie games or anime tits (even then, what's the typical size of a Sakura game?).

DD

"...these are a few of my favorite things!"

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Dead Cells getting a new free update, bringing weapons, skills & skins from Hollow Knight, Blasphemous, Hyper Light Drifter, Guacamelee, Skul & Curse of the Dead Gods:
    https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/588650/view/3073137349138845593
    https://youtu.be/rUb-6F1TV6M

On top of being one of the best games I've played, Dead Cells has also been extraordinarily good from a value perspective with free updates.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular

I mean, can't do any worse than Chris Roberts.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

I was under the impression he already had one since 1998.

steam_sig.png
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Alright, so, Hell Let Loose.

Turns out I really, really love playing this. Since I built my new PC, it's just become my 'what do I want to do for 30 minutes? I'll load up HLL'.

It had a rocky start. The first 5 hours or so, it was a walking simulator in pretty green fields where I would randomly die and respawn. I had no idea what was going on around me, no idea how to find the fights going on, and no idea how to move around the maps without putting a huge target that was floating on a baloon over me. Even if I saw someone, by the time I'd aimed down my sights I'd hear that headshot 'ping' and I'd be staring at the respawn timer.

Around the 5-10 hour mark, I started to notice what other players were doing. They were moving along walls, hedgerows and fences. Turns out doing that cuts off 180 degrees you have keep loooking for enemies around you. Also crouching, because standing and running puts your fragile head above most things and bullets like to find that head. Then I started to slow down, and take in the whole environment rather than just tunnel vision in front of me. Hey, look over there to the far left, there's a little dome moving across a fence. It's a head!

Now I've gotten to the point where I can slowly sneak my way into a position and flank enemy squads. My aim is coming back after over a decade of not playing online shooters. I've actually flanked squads and gradually killed them all. Watching the white smoke puff out of an MG in cover just tells me where to aim to find that head.

Now I just need to start communicating, which I unfortunately can't do because I on'y have a bluetooth headset I originally got for listening to music. They're fantastic, but games don't like using their microphone. So now I have a headset under the Christmas tree. I had a couple of guys raging at me because I was trying to crew a tank and since I couldn't actually talk, I couldn't call out anything and we somehow ended up with the tank pointing straight up in the air and we just bailed out.

This games real good.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

Turns out I really, really love playing this. Since I built my new PC, it's just become my 'what do I want to do for 30 minutes? I'll load up HLL'.

It had a rocky start. The first 5 hours or so, it was a walking simulator in pretty green fields where I would randomly die and respawn. I had no idea what was going on around me, no idea how to find the fights going on, and no idea how to move around the maps without putting a huge target that was floating on a baloon over me. Even if I saw someone, by the time I'd aimed down my sights I'd hear that headshot 'ping' and I'd be staring at the respawn timer.

Around the 5-10 hour mark, I started to notice what other players were doing. They were moving along walls, hedgerows and fences. Turns out doing that cuts off 180 degrees you have keep loooking for enemies around you. Also crouching, because standing and running puts your fragile head above most things and bullets like to find that head. Then I started to slow down, and take in the whole environment rather than just tunnel vision in front of me. Hey, look over there to the far left, there's a little dome moving across a fence. It's a head!

Now I've gotten to the point where I can slowly sneak my way into a position and flank enemy squads. My aim is coming back after over a decade of not playing online shooters. I've actually flanked squads and gradually killed them all. Watching the white smoke puff out of an MG in cover just tells me where to aim to find that head.

Now I just need to start communicating, which I unfortunately can't do because I on'y have a bluetooth headset I originally got for listening to music. They're fantastic, but games don't like using their microphone. So now I have a headset under the Christmas tree. I had a couple of guys raging at me because I was trying to crew a tank and since I couldn't actually talk, I couldn't call out anything and we somehow ended up with the tank pointing straight up in the air and we just bailed out.

This games real good.

I still need to give that game a shot. I got it as part of the monthly PS+ games and it looks neat. Unfortunately, Halo and Battlefield both just came out, too, so my multiplayer shooter docket is rather full at the moment :<

Stabbity_Style.png
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

This games real good.

I still need to give that game a shot. I got it as part of the monthly PS+ games and it looks neat. Unfortunately, Halo and Battlefield both just came out, too, so my multiplayer shooter docket is rather full at the moment :<

This game is the reason I refunded Battlefield. It's what I wanted Battlefield to play like. It's not a 'hardcore shooter', but that dial is cranked maybe... 3/4 of the way over? The gameplay is much, much slower and more deliberate and where working as a team is what wins games rather than everyone running (or now flying) around like a maniac. But you also don't have things like stamina bars preventing you from sprinting as far as you want.

Also, I've encountered far less bugs in ~25 hours than I ever did in the 4 hours I played 2042, so that was a nice difference.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    IDK if anyone else cares, but I don't like the what's new section on the library so..

If you've been using the custom skin* that disables the What's New, the latest update to Steam broke it. You need top make a small change to the webkit.css and change "libraryhome_WhatsNew" to "libraryhome_UpdatesContainer"

*it's a couple lines of code added to the default skin.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Clearsky thoughts

Okay, i know its a glitch keeling mr invisible in there, but i just put a lot of bullets in there and a grenade

Fuck

I could make so much money but homie in the lab doesnt buy guns...
    .hmmmm, load up and run to stalkers. Really hope the guide here respawns

Edit:considering all the waifu mods for l4d2, I'm surpised i have found none for stalker

RoyceSraphim on
  • an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Also, thanks to @an_alt for putting us at an uneven dollar amount! <3

Five days!

It was a round number in CAD! Fine, it's now a round number in USD again.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    Also, thanks to an_alt for putting us at an uneven dollar amount! <3

Five days!

It was a round number in CAD! Fine, it's now a round number in USD again.

Haha, that wasn't necessary. Thank you though!!

• taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Ooh gunfire reborn had its 1.0 drop without me noticing; time to dump another 100 hours into that game (I wish there were other coop shooters apart from gunfire and deep rock that weren’t bash your head against the wall easy/boring. I’m looking at you destiny and warframe)

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Deathloop owns

it's a bit hard to keep track of all the stuff I want/could explore further, or the variations of kills I want to try. Which is mostly a good thing, I think

oh and I had a Julianna invade and it devolved into a panicky hopping/blinking shootathon, I won out and she dropped a sick gun which makes headshots cause explosions

e: one gripe I do have is that there's a button I cannot rebind, it doesn't even show up in the cfg files (the one to rotate models in the viewer). My mouse3 does not work, I think it hasn't for the last three mice for whatever reason

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Not quite a game, but the composer behind Project Wingman, AKA 3 person Ace Combat has a new animated project in the works that got funded on Kickstarter, and will be released on STEAM when it's done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frBou9Tfvlo

To prepare for hard mode in this smaller world, inhave resolved to construct multiple hellavators between the remaining uncorrupted biomes and a pair of rail systems beneath them

Oohh noticed Horizon Zero Dawn is 50% off.

I was massively hyped for this (robot fucken dinosaurs!) but I couldnt get into it because the combat is brutal and fast and aiming with a gamepad is not fantastic in slower games, let alone fast games.

Mouse and keyboard though? Yeah, let me at those robot dinosaurs.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Oohh noticed Horizon Zero Dawn is 50% off.

I was massively hyped for this (robot fucken dinosaurs!) but I couldnt get into it because the combat is brutal and fast and aiming with a gamepad is not fantastic in slower games, let alone fast games.

Mouse and keyboard though? Yeah, let me at those robot dinosaurs.

Yeah, I played it first on PS4 and didn't do very well. Then got it on Steam and loved it. It's definitely much more playable with KBAM.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2662668999

Progress continues. I did not realize how satisfying it was to assemble bundles of dynamite and wire them to explode.

FIRE IN THE HOLE!

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    HZD is excellent on PC

Fencingsax on
  • FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Yes, HZD is one of the few games I've actually finished. I played with controller on PC and have no complaints about the controls.

steam_sig.png
    I was pretty surprised at the performance. I heard grumbling about it being not that great but the intro never dipped from 144fps and the benchmark sat pretty comfortably at 130. Guess they gave it a lot of post release patching?

• QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    They did a big patch about a month or 2 in that really helped

steam_sig.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I guess page 12 is as good as ever. I'll be doing my Extra-Life 2021 marathon on Saturday, November 27th. It's later than usual and it'll only be ~12 hours, but I imagine I'll start around 10am EST and go until I get tired which will probably be around midnight. My goal will be $2k as always, and I'll be raffling the usual steam prizes (One steam game of your choice, and a $100USD digital Steam Card) from the previous runs, but nothing physical this time around. All you need to do to enter the raffle is donate at least $5 by the following Sunday morning. I'll pull winners then and post them here :). Try to include your PA name in the donation message so I can message you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Koopah is the dono link! I'll have a Twitch extension up on my channel as well thanks to Extra-Life making streamer's lives easy.

Thanks friends! <3

Thanks to @Corsini for the donation! We're close to $600.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    HZD runs even better with KBAM, imo. I got much better at sniping parts.

Also, for the NMS fans, past Expeditions will run again:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNr6iTfvb3I

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    I am perpetually annoyed that HZD needs sound, so I can only really play it on my days off.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Anyone run into an issue with Halo Infinite on PC (Steam in my case) not recognizing an Xbox One controller running over Bluetooth? And nor does the Xbox Accessories app. Yet the controllers (I've tried three) work just fine with other stuff, same as normal.

But if I use an Xbox Series controller on Bluetooth (my recently-acquired 20th anniversary controller), both Halo Infinite and Xbox Accessories recognize it and work fine.

The Googles have turned up nothing so far.

Istanbul is stuck in my head so fuck whoever put it in there

• an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Istanbul is stuck in my head so fuck whoever put it in there

Zavian was the one who posted the achievements from Hearts of Iron IV. All I did was make a little historical comment that even old New York was once New Amsterdam. Why they changed it I can't say, people just like it better that way.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • swphreakswphreak Registered User regular
    I saw HZD on sale, but since I already played it on Playstation, I won't bite til it hits the $15 area.

Days Gone is also half off, but a little hesitant. Anyone here play it?

oh
    oh no

a Steam sale..this is too early, it's not christmas yet

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

edited November 2021
    what the hell, you can only nominate a game once in the Steam awards? So if it's my goty and my favorite looking game, I gotta choose?

dumb. dumb dumb dumb

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    oh
    oh no

a Steam sale..this is too early, it's not christmas yet

Bless this bounty.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    73%? That's a weird number for a discount.
    4ie20gjwdhgm.png

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Steam sale? Well let's just see what the ol' wish list says about that......... Oh....all of them. Touché internet.

steam_sig.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    what the hell, you can only nominate a game once in the Steam awards? So if it's my goty and my favorite looking game, I gotta choose?

dumb. dumb dumb dumb

They always do it this way and it vexes me every time.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?