As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Here are some cool [Wrestling] moves.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I like that so far Jonah's gimmick is that he shows up and everybody cheers and then he commits vicious assault on some beloved babyface. I hope that he just keeps showing up at new promotions and immediately turning heel.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular

A fan jumped the railing and attacked Seth Rollins tonight.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular

There's another angle on it, that could have been very very bad.

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

This is another angle of the initial tackle.

Guy was walked up the stairs and out of the arena by security while the crowd gave him the "Asshole" chant.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    btw Austin Theory stole the egg to take a selfie with it but Vince was cool with that, so they took another selfie.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    btw Austin Theory stole the egg to take a selfie with it but Vince was cool with that, so they took another selfie.

"Welcome back, stupid viewers. You'll watch anything! Go ahead, change the channel, you'll be back!"

Mwx884o.jpg
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Put another way: Theory did something that should've resulted in him being fired but instead was rewarded.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »

There's another angle on it, that could have been very very bad.

Jeez, he just sprinted right into another person.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Random aside as I catch up on like 10 hours of BOTSJ and World Tag League but I like that like the ninth circle of hell House of Torture is made up entirely of traitors.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    It didn't really look like that guy got the ass whooping they normally get for this unless it happened backstage.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    It didn't really look like that guy got the ass whooping they normally get for this unless it happened backstage.

Oh, I'm sure he was given some security love once they'd gone past gorilla. If it was the 80s up to the Attitude Era they probably fuck him up for all to see. But WWE is too image conscious right now.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I imagine that they just wanted him the fuck out of there more than anything

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021

e2lys5l0ghqt.gif

JHnI.gif

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I have never seen security fuck up that a fan got a 30 yard running start to spear a wrestler.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Yeah, watching the video my first question was how the hell did the fan get such a running start.

Also Chavo Guererro had the absolute worst take you could have.

Remember when the wrestlers were tougher than the fans? Ah, the good ol’ days.

Kyougu on
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ Chavo. Dude fucking blindsided Rollins. Fuck off with your dumbass macho bullshit

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    Oh and as I have terrible choices, even from his “tough guy” view, people have posted photos from before that close-up video, and until the refs get involved, Seth has the dude in a choke hold and had locked him down. The scrambling you see in the video is him leaving the situation while the refs try to grab the guy and the guy is still attacking Seth.

Really, the fact Seth locked the dude down that fast and didn’t just beat the shit out of him speaks very highly of him in this situation IMO?

edited November 2021
    Granted I dont have the whole quote but like in a time with all these cuts

This statement seems kind of lame

I feel like all that talent just released are thinking “yeah must be nice to have been a top merch seller for the better part of the past decade and multiple jobs and all that security woods”

bloodyroarxx on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Yeah, watching the video my first question was how the hell did the fan get such a running start.

Also Chavo Guererro had the absolute worst take you could have.

Remember when the wrestlers were tougher than the fans? Ah, the good ol’ days.

Perhaps somebody should remind Chavo of how he repeatedly had to job to Hornswoggle and be the joke of the roster every single time he thinks he’s king shit? Maybe a gif of him getting a stinkface from said opponent?

He sounds like that guy who swears he could lead the Bears better from his La-Z-Boy than their current coach. Besides, beating the fuck out of this idiot, while admittedly deserved, might catch you criminal charges.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    Granted I dont have the whole quote but like in a time with all these cuts

This statement seems kind of lame

I feel like all that talent just released are thinking “yeah must be nice to have been a top merch seller for the better part of the past decade and multiple jobs and all that security woods”

Sounds to me more like Woods is over WWE and all their bullshit. I'm sure his financial situation plays into that somewhat but honestly if you're making merch sales and Youtube revenue and WWE's taking a giant chunk of it and you know you can do it on your own I don't blame you for not being too upset if they were to end that deal. Hell we've seen more and more that wrestlers who don't have second careers lined up are willing to walk away from McMahon's money because it's just not worth the hassle.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    nzh6h5blzmao.png

https://youtu.be/Gs3A7RhetXM

Wow....they were jacked up pretty high. I wonder if he was having some weight issues during that time?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    nzh6h5blzmao.png

Wow....they were jacked up pretty high. I wonder if he was having some weight issues during that time?

Moar liek Michael Thickenbottom.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    AAA is teasing a multiman match for the vacant title. Samuray del Sol has been added to the mix.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

Wait, so

Did the scammer steal this guy's money and make him want revenge

Or did he tell him "Hey, I got permission from the company, jump the barricade and attack me, you'll be famous!"?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It’s sounding this this dude probably has some mental instabilities.

He released a very rambling video after he was released from police custody

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    yeesh

BLM - ACAB
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I always find it fascinating how people continuously fall for scams like that. Like, at what point does your brain not kick in and go, "Why is Seth Rollins typing in broken English and looking for $500 gift cards?"

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I always find it fascinating how people continuously fall for scams like that. Like, at what point does your brain not kick in and go, "Why is Seth Rollins typing in broken English and looking for $500 gift cards?"

I think part of the problem is apparently he's special needs.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

My friend's mom gets catfished regularly because she has no friends her age, and her husband died 20 years ago. She's desperate for connections, even ones she knows deep down are fake. She sends them money she doesn't have and we all try and get her to stop and hang out with us instead, but she's a kind soul who likes to help people and is willing to take a chance that someone might legitimately need help.

IMHO I kinda get irritated when I see people wonder aloud about how people could fall for scams, because it doesn't feel very empathetic nor sympathetic and just mean victim-blaming. I work in IT, I administrate over 6000 email accounts, I could tell stories. It happens a lot, some of them are wild, some of them are extremely reasonable and outside of a specific hint or literally digging through the email headers there was no way for them to avoid getting tricked.

Like, fuck that guy for resorting to violence, and jumping the barricade and shit, but also fuck the person who catfished him in the first place. They preyed on someone who was susceptible to it, and that sort of thing has lasting consequences they like to remove themselves from, and a wrestler getting speared by a fan on TV is probably one of the tamest possible examples.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Per Fightful, Johnny Gargano has signed a one-week contract extension so his deal with WWE/NXT will end Dec 10 instead of the 3rd. His final match with the company will likely be WarGames which he's booked for on the 5th

apparently Jay Lethal is the 3rd man in that AAA title match

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Anyone here have experience with Fire Pro on Steam? It's all on sale and I have the base game but I kept hitting wrestlers in the workshop that I couldn't use because I was missing the parts. Do I need all the DLC to prevent that from happening? Can I skip the move, entrance and parts creators if I only want to play other people's creations? Finally, if I want to run a mini fed do I need that promotor DLC?

• AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Anyone here have experience with Fire Pro on Steam? It's all on sale and I have the base game but I kept hitting wrestlers in the workshop that I couldn't use because I was missing the parts. Do I need all the DLC to prevent that from happening? Can I skip the move, entrance and parts creators if I only want to play other people's creations? Finally, if I want to run a mini fed do I need that promotor DLC?

Usually when you try to use that character in a match, it'll tell you what parts are missing. If they're parts from the Workshop, it'll give you an ID number, something like this:

aktds9ot3deb.png

Using that parts number, you can go to the steam workshop in a web browser and type in the move or part in question

o27yo7o1i9c5.png

48kcrewnpo85.png

In the case of this DLC part I need to download for the Linsday Troy character I have in the first screenshot, it says I need to own/download the Parts Craft DLC to use it. This should help you narrow down if it's just a part to download, a DLC to download, or potentially both. I know it can seem overwhelming, but the plus side is that there's so much customized content for the game you can do pretty much whatever you want, and if you run into something needing DLC, just check another CAW/move, it's very possible it could exist in the workplace without needing to buy DLC!

Edit: In terms of running a mini-fed, I can honestly say I've never messed around with the promoter DLC, but it seems the only way to have a week-by-week 'show', short of just using your imagination I suppose.

Azraith on
    kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
    Oh man this opening segment

edited November 2021
    ...can we give the Match of the Year award to a promo?

Andy Joe on
This discussion has been closed.