As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Here are some cool [Wrestling] moves.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Anybody who needs a dose of clown wrestling you can get some tonight.

And Matthew Justice loves doing wild stuff, this could be fun.

Depends on if the venue has a high place for him to jump off.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    HARASHIMA vs Yuji Okabayashi, DDT D-Ou Grand Prix 2021 - II Block Finals

https://youtu.be/SFTeG18u-kI

HARASHIMA entered the final night of block matches with zero points. He'd been over powered and outsmarted at every turn in the tournament. A win here wouldn't get him very far, but it would make reaching the final a bit more difficult for Okabayashi, who was undefeated but tied at the top of B Block with Takeshita thanks to a draw. It would also be proof that the old Ace may not be what he used to be, but he's still got ability to hold his own against stronger and younger wrestlers. The fact that this was his last chance, against his occasional tag partner and a DDT outsider no less, certainly lit a fire within him. For Okabayashi this match was for the tournament, for HARASHIMA it was for his pride.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    That's the closest Roman Reigns has come to talking about his leukemia in-character since his current heel run started.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    I did not see that Riho win coming. A good match, although I missed the begining walking my dog.

Sad I'll be at work Christmas party next Friday and miss FTR vs Lucha Bros

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Magell wrote: »
    I did not see that Riho win coming. A good match, although I missed the begining walking my dog.

Sad I'll be at work Christmas party next Friday and miss FTR vs Lucha Bros

I thought if it happened it would be due to more miscues between her and Hayter. It was a very nice surprise.

Edit: also guess who splurged and pre-ordered a slightly pricey Danhausen figure this morning...

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    Garcia vs Kingston was awesome.

Garcia has a terrible win loss record in AEW, but all of his matches have been at least good and he's been even better on the indies.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Give me lots of Tommy End ragdolling the shit out of Amazing Red with his dumb kicks please.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Amazing Red was having a bit of a run in NJPW a couple years ago. Wonder if they plan to bring him back for some Strong tapings.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIFiWzb0iEI

Local dude I'm seeing this weekend had a match with Joey Janela put up

He is 16!!!

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options

Drew Parker vs The New York State Athletic Commission is already my favorite feud going into Hammerstein.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Amazing Red was having a bit of a run in NJPW a couple years ago. Wonder if they plan to bring him back for some Strong tapings.

Remember when Will Ospreay was beginning to make amends for his old dickish behavior and had that great match with Red which really felt like a passing of the torch...

and then he was like "nah lol, I'm going to dirty bulk to heavyweight and lean in to being trash in and out of kayfabe." Good times Billiam.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Another damn good NOAH main event between Nakajima and Kenoh. I could watch these two kick and slap each other all day.

Also, Go Shiozaki is back and looking good after being out for nearly a year! He'll be fighting Nakajima in January.

• Options
    Can't believe you wouldn't mention that KENTA is going back to NOAH

Also Marafuji apparently said he'd be waiting. Would love another match between those two, but would love them having another run as a tag team more

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Go returning outweighs a KENTA guest spot so hard.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

He is 16!!!
    Damn good for his age, though you can definitely tell how young he is due to lack of size and definition on the torso. Timing was decent, followed Joey's cues well, and did a better job of properly selling impacts than a lot of WWE and NXT guys, without going full on HBK vs Hogan troll mode.

That kid puts on 20-25lbs to help handle the stress of a hard schedule and allow him to use his full arsenal with less help from his opponent he has one hell of a future in the biz, at least in the ring.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    jayagdtyd5oc.jpg

I like Daniel Makabe's shirts so much that I got a shirt that's a checklist for his other shirts

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

He is 16!!!
    Damn good for his age, though you can definitely tell how young he is due to lack of size and definition on the torso. Timing was decent, followed Joey's cues well, and did a better job of properly selling impacts than a lot of WWE and NXT guys, without going full on HBK vs Hogan troll mode.

That kid puts on 20-25lbs to help handle the stress of a hard schedule and allow him to use his full arsenal with less help from his opponent he has one hell of a future in the biz, at least in the ring.

He’s a very talented kid with a ton of potential. His late father ran a wrestling school in this area and he’s trained with us at LLV as well. I was due to have a tag match against him (my return after injury) in March 2020 but wellllllp.

The school his dad founded (and still trains folks via their other long time students) trained folks like Darby Allin. I believe his dad trained under HBK.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Just a heads up, there won't be a new BTE today:

Guess they wanted Thanksgiving weekend off.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options

He is 16!!!

When I got a shirt from him he asked me my name and said “Pleasure to meet you Ashley, hope you have a pleasant day.” and it legit threw me off

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    RKBro is a less entertaining Head Cheese.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    RAW doing a 10 women tag 2 weeks after survivor series:

pb0vc1kyin4b.jpeg

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Two separate references to people being released is leaving a bad taste tonight.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Dear WWE:

You can only lean in to the memes about you when they're harmless quirks and peccadilloes, not awful abusive corporate practices.

..well I mean you probably can but I'd like to hope...

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Gotta say tonight's storyline of Owens 100% manipulating Rollins into doing exactly what he wanted was fairly well done.

• Options
    Boy that Miz vs Edge promo battle sure was "we have MJF and Punk at home."

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    finally this match is airing

jNto9Lr.jpg

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Two separate references to people being released is leaving a bad taste tonight.

I heard about the one with Liv and Becky, what was the other?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »

I heard about the one with Liv and Becky, what was the other?

Edge made a remark about Miz "abandoning his friends to be fired" instead of being there for them.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Punk vs Lee Moriarty announced for Dynamite

• Options
    RAW was super weird even as something I was watching on 2x speed while browsing the internet last night.

It had a framing device where Vince sat Austin Theory down and was like "OK kids, sometimes things are unpredictable. Can you spot all the places where somebody should have expected the unexpected?"

There were multiple references to released wrestlers as if the company getting rid of people you're supposed to like is going to do anything other than make people not want to watch.

Riddle and Orton are still a thing because apparently if you put them together it's like two positive ends of a magnet repelling speakingout accusations. Remember a year ago when Randy Orton was a killer punting legends in the head?

Becky and Liv have a contract signing which leads to Becky challenging Liv to prove she's capable of leading the women's division by having a five on five tag match. This happened as a continuation of their feud which started before Survivor Series. Survivor Series is a PPV based entirely around five on five tag matches. Also Becky shouldn't have any friends with how they're booking her but all the heels agreed to this match for some reason.

Miz and Edge both returned and then had a bad version of the MJF/Punk promo which referenced the MJF/Punk promo but not before once again bringing up the firings. The crowd reacted like Vince McMahon's booking in EWR on hard mode.

AJ Styles is pretending he was blinded by the Street Profits using a fire extinguisher last week and he spends an entire tag match on commentary obviously lying about how blind he is but then he jumps...on the ring apron...because he's not blind...but just immediately gets kicked away by Montez Ford who beats Chad Gable with a frog splash. Omos stares at AJ like his wifi's gone out. It seems like Omos wasn't told about the lie and is upset about being lied too for a week. Nobody on commentary can figure this out any more than I can and I think Omos has swallowed his tongue trying to figure this out.

We cut backstage to Vince saying that the Profits saw what AJ was trying and expected the unexpected. This really reminds me of the wrap-around segments in those Dark Pictures games. Maybe it's just because Vince is old and creepy and definitely takes ghoulish delight in people's gory deaths in his free time.

Super sloppy 10 woman tag match followed by a somehow more organized brawl. Remember like a month ago when Dewdrop was all about positivity and doing awkward little dances and now she's a killer punting legends in the head? Becky gets dropped by Liv's finisher.

Backstage Vince asks Theory if Becky was expecting that. Theory theorizes that she wasn't. Vince tells him to expect the unexpected.

Bobby Lashley, who is a killer punting legends in the head, is portrayed in a video package as a hard working highschool athlete who gee golly shucks got into the army and started wrestling for the army. The video highlights his career before getting fired like the time he beat the Master Lock Challenge and the time he dove through a cage at Umaga. These are men who aren't with the company and in Umaga's case, died years ago. It doesn't mention Lasley getting fired because I guess that would be in poor taste. Then in the last few seconds it transitions into "oh by the way he's a killer punting legends in the head now. BOW TO THE ALMIGHTY!"

Vince asks Theory if he's learned anything yet and slaps him in the face. I imagine this is how a lot of meetings with Vince go.

All night Kevin Owens has been working this plot where he plants the idea of him being put in Seth and Big E's title shot if Owens beats Big E tonight. This causes Seth to go ask the GMs about it who deny it but then like the idea so Kevin brags about it later which prompts Seth to go back and ask again and they say it is happening. Then in the main event Owens intentionally provokes an attack from Seth for the DQ win. Pretty clever except I would expect ROH or NXT Owens to be laughing his tits off over pulling this off. Instead he has to wait until the full result and stipulation is a announced over the PA to react to his plan going to plan. Why was Owens booked in this match if him getting a title shot wasn't a possibility to begin with? Why does his title match have to be the same night as Seth's and not a later or earlier date? Why did Seth not attack Owens for the DQ the first time but get so mad about being beaten up that he took the bait the second time? Why was everybody surprised at this result despite it being the exact thing they knew would happen? How is this supposed to help Big E get over as champion?

TLDR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QRlolDW9Sk

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Speaking of, is it fair to assume the reason the New Day Podcast has been running best of episodes for the last two months is related to Xavier Woods’s contract dispute that has also lead to Up Up Down Down being on hiatus?

• Options
    Punk vs Lee Moriarty announced for Dynamite

Stupid work christmas party. Can't wait to check this one out.

• Options
    Why was Owens booked in this match if him getting a title shot wasn't a possibility to begin with?

That, at least, is consistent with the weekly build of the current iteration of Owens, with Big E and Rollins being involved in the same orbit.

This discussion has been closed.