Options

Update your resume to get a new [Job] thread

196979899100102»

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I try to not interrupt but I realize it still happens. It got also worse again with everything being remote meetings. The missing direct interaction doesn't help.

Fake edit: Two active job threads again, darn gig economy.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Me: It's been a really long week with a lot of hours, I think I'll leave the office early on Friday

Coworkers: Let's have a meeting at 3 PM on Friday!

Me: Why...

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Me: It's been a really long week with a lot of hours, I think I'll leave the office early on Friday

My work instituted a company-wide policy of no meetings after noon on Friday (unless time zones require it, e.g. they're not going to expect me to have a 4 AM meeting to make sure it happens before noon in Europe). It's been a big hit.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

A meeting at 3pm on a friday just means you get to stop working 2 hours early

Work wont happen in the meeting and then theres no time after to possibly start anythng so its win win

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Got a “log back in” notification for my ms teams last night at midnight and it turned out my work account that feeds that had been locked

So I have spent the whole morning trying to email people to fix it while wondering if this was some weird ghost firing.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start