As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Update your resume to get a new [Job] thread

1343536373840»

Posts

  • minor incidentminor incident Quincentuple Your Money! Registered User regular
    Who among us hasn’t mixed up a leg and a pair is testicles at least once?

    Steam: minor incident || PSN: inter-punct
    You may not find all that you're after. In the end I hope it doesn't matter.
    V1m
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Who among us hasn’t mixed up a leg and a pair is testicles at least once?

    We talking third legs or...

    First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    19th century medical history is just generally completely bonkers.

    BlackDragon480Kayne Red RobeV1mShadowfireschussElvenshaeCormacMunkus BeaverTynnanDisruptedCapitalistJragghenCambiatastopgapZonugal3cl1ps3FishmantynicCurly_BracesarukunBrodyTicaldfjamSorceasofyeunGnome-InterruptusSnicketysnickDouglasDangerSleepMoridin889TofystedethBullheadEchoIloveslimesZilla360JedocSkeith
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 26
    honovere wrote: »
    19th century medical history is just generally completely bonkers.

    It's amazing the speed stuff progressed during it though. The first half of the century was basically just a couple of steps above 16th century barbers with some higher quality instruments of butchery, but from the Crimea till 1900 you had the fast adoption of anesthesia, the beginnings of actual antiseptic surgery prep, the germ theory finally gaining wide acceptance. But the steps and processes that got us there in some cases are exceptionally ridiculous.

    BlackDragon480 on
    First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
    GvzbgulFishmanTicaldfjamDouglasDangerZilla360
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited November 26
    So I will be doing approx one crumb of work over the holiday weekend, and it is purely for my own benefit anyway so it's whatever. But it's legit the first I've even looked at anything work-related since I left for vacation almost a month ago.

    Feels good.

    Tox on
    ElvenshaeBlackDragon480BrodyGnome-InterruptusSporkAndrewJaysonFourstopgapCarpy
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    19th century medical history is just generally completely bonkers.

    Modern is too. You can watch videos of people getting lobotomized in the 70s because they were depressed or something.

    I think the general consensus until some time in the 80s was that babies didn't feel pain so they'd just do surgery on them with no anesthesia.

    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    BlackDragon480schussJragghenDouglasDangerminor incidentZilla360
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    That is a wild assumption. Did they just thinking babies cried and screamed so much that it didn't actually mean anything?

  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 26
    Babies just cry, that's what they do. No I don't think it has anything to do with this scalpel.

    Actually that's just some shit I heard. I've never bothered to look it up. The lobotomy thing is for real though, it's on YouTube.

    TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited November 26
    Seems the baby thing is true (Oxford uni article, nothing horrific) That's from 2015.

    Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    BlackDragon480Gnome-InterruptushonovereDisruptedCapitalistJaysonFourDarkPrimusKayne Red Robe3cl1ps3ElvenshaeShadowfireN1tSt4lkerCurly_BracekimesarukunZilla360Skeith
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Oh nice to know the world is actually terrible and I wasn't just imagining things.

    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    Zilla360
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I didn't know about the babies don't feel pain idea, but I have heard about the babies won't remember idea

    GvzbgulGnome-InterruptusMulysaSemproniusGnizmoJragghen3cl1ps3ShadowfireN1tSt4lkerZilla360
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 26
    Warning, long winded post, incoming:

    Being a wannabe historian with a focus on Tudor/Stuart Britain, let's have fun with pre-modern, Galenic/humour based medical science by looking at the final few days of Chuck II of England.

    On Feb 2. 1685 the Merry Monarch awoke after a restless night, caused by pain from an ulcer/open sore on his leg (he was known to have gout, cause the man drank like a fish and loved fatty foods, though he wasn't near Henry VIII huge. He also had more than 10 mistresses simultaneously, how he found the time, stamina, and staved off whiskey dick is anyone's guess) and prepared to have his morning shave. During his shave he screamed loudly and then experienced an apoplectic/convulsive fit, his complexion became sallow, and he lost the ability to speak. Whether it was a stroke or uremia from the gout is again unknown, but within 2 hours of symptom onset he had his entire Cadre of doctors and natural philosopers from the Royal Academy making a house call to the royal bedchamber.

    He was being shaved a little after 7am and by the time noon rolled around the following had all been administered to him:

    - was bled for nearly a pint from the right wrist
    - cupped him (a process where heated glass cups/wine goblets were applied to exposed skin while they were heated, to try and draw bad humours out through the pores)
    --given several different emetics/purgatives to the point he probably vomited up his toenails
    - not to ignore the opposite end, he was given at least one enema
    - had multiple mustard and caustic plasters applied to various areas of skin
    - bled off another half pint or so
    - given a compound of bitter powder and various herbs with anti histamine and anti inflammatory properties. A liquid 17th century aspirin and ibuprofen cocktail, basically
    - after all that they finally let him just rest the remainder of the day

    Day 2, Tuesday February 3, 1685

    -soon after waking he had another seizure, so he was prescribed and given no less than 4 separate herbal tonics to be administered every 6 hours, some with actual medical value, most without
    - about noon they drained another 10-12 oz of blood and more skin blistering plasters. After said plasters it was just two more doses of all 4 tonics the rest of the day.

    Day 3, Wednesday February 4th, 1685

    - he got a slight reprieve from his doctors and had a fairly pleasant day till late in the afternoon when it was another horseshit herb cocktail and even though he didn't have any convulsions that day they gave him a solution made from pulverized human skull dust, which was thought to help eplilepsy/seizures.

    Day 4, Thursday February 5th 1685

    -news reachd Whitehall that a fever of indeterminate origin had broken out in London and Westminster, so the crackpots went into full prevention mode and doused him with enough willow/Peruvian bark to make a year's supply of low dose aspirin and some more tonics, and even higher doses of skull powder tea, that Charles could barely keep down.

    Day 5, Friday February 6th 1685

    -this thankfully wound up being his final day on this earth. After the week from hell, he knew his body was simply and utterly fucked. But he always had a sense of humor and he apologized to his doctors for taking such a long time to die and politely asked his brother James (soon to be James II of England by the end of the day) to make sure that his favorite mistress (stage actress Nell Gwen) would have a pension and not starve since she wasn't high born and then he asked to be moved closer to the window to see/feel the sunrise one last time.

    It was determined that what passed for science then did more to kill him than any infection or disease affecting him and if not for his doctors he had a strong enough constitution to probably not succumb to his final illness.

    Fun little extra credit piece for the class. While all British monarchs after Henry VIII (even Liz II right now) have been the Supreme Governor/Head of the Anglican branch of Protestantism, Chuck II surprised his entire court the morning he died. While fleeing Scotland after his father Charles I was executed by Cromwell and the rump parliament in 1649 Charles II hid in the top of an oak tree for over a day and was found and smuggled to the coast by a Catholic priest. His brother James (soon to be James II) was a hard-core Catholic (primary reason he was ousted by the Glorious Revolution of 1688) and snuck the same priest, one John Huddleston, up a back stairway to the king's chamber at Whitehall and before losing consciousness the last time, Chuck confessed, was annointed with oil, and took a final communion in the Roman Catholic faith (he'd denied multiple attempts by an Anglican bishop to make him confess and take the eucharist before he died).

    BlackDragon480 on
    First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
    lonelyahavaHefflingGnome-InterruptusCommander ZoomhonovereDouglasDangerTynnanBrodySorceSleepJaysonFourthatassemblyguyKayne Red RobeBullhead3cl1ps3ElvenshaekimeIloveslimessarukunZilla360JedocSkeith
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    That's wild

    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
    SorceSleepBlackDragon480BullheadElvenshaeZilla360
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    If you're going to be a king's mistress make sure you're his favorite one or you'll get squat when he dies.

    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    BlackDragon480SorceMoridin889DisruptedCapitalistKruiteJragghen3cl1ps3ShadowfireN1tSt4lkerZilla360Tynnan
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    No black Friday trampling deaths yet this morning but I have hope.

    ear3uy64hbut.jpg

    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    BlackDragon480
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    If you're going to be a king's mistress make sure you're his favorite one or you'll get squat when he dies.

    There are a plethora of anecdotes about Nelly, some with contemporary corroboration, many without.

    One of the verified ones was a time she was traveling through Oxford in a private carriage, when an impromptu mob began to surround the coach and her small escort. The mob was of an anti-Catholic mind and they had been told that the carriage was transporting the Duchess of Portsmouth, one of Charles' Catholic mistresses.

    Thinking fast on her feet, Nell decided to press her luck and stuck her head out the window (being a stage actress (one of England's first major female stars, as women on stage were only first allowed under James I in the 1610's) for years to this point, her face was known having been featured on many a flier for theaters in London) and declared to the couple dozen people baying for blood: "Good people, you are mistaken! I am a protestant whore!"

    First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
    Gnome-InterruptusKayne Red RobeDarkPrimusTofystedethCommander ZoomBullhead3cl1ps3ZonugalElvenshaeToxFlarneN1tSt4lkerSleepCalicaBrodyschussthatassemblyguyIloveslimessarukunSorceJedocTheStigtynicRedTideTynnanHefflingSkeith
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    So I'm in a weird position that I've never been in before in my job life, probably because of the Great Resignation and all. Gonna put this under spoilers.
    So you know I have a lot of respect for my current employer as a company, as I've mentioned. Among other things I have first-hand seen that they promote from within, that they "walk the walk" when it comes to promoting POC, QUILTBAG, disabled, etc and in general have a lot of things I like as a company, on top of which they offered me 30% more than the job that laid me off and they genuinely spent a lot of time and money on my training which makes me feel a certain amount of loyalty to them. Besides, my direct boss is a great manager to have and for quality of life having a manager that you respect and like and who respects and likes you back is a major factor. That said, as I've hinted at but haven't really complained about outright yet, they have started to show me some downsides. One is that in the role I was hired for, they haven't shown the amount of forecasting that is absolutely necessary for it. The role has a lot of turnover both because they themselves promote from this department and because other companies poach from there. So what they should have been doing two years ago if not more is hiring double or triple the coverage that they actually need. When they hired me, they should have hired two more people along with me. While I was still in training, two people were promoted. When I had only been on cases for a little while and still hadn't taken on 100% of the responsibilities of the role, two more people were promoted. So now that I think about it, When they hired me to replace whoever I was replacing, they should have hired four more people in anticipation for those people probably being promoted or moving to another company. They should be able to forecast this, they should have an idea of how long people stay in that role before getting a better job. Another complaint is that I was hoping, because they seem outwardly liberal, that they would have a policy about yearly cost of living raises, but they do not. Maybe I'm being radicalized by r/antiwork, but as has been pointed out there if your salary isn't adjusted for inflation every year this is functionally a yearly demotion. Companies don't see it that way but they need to catch up. Especially if they are on board with equality.

    Anyway, none of that was enough for me to even consider leaving the company, especially since as of January I'm officially qualified to start seeking a promotion. And I may yet get a raise, December is when raises are decided. My boss already did give me a "you're cool" bonus, which already is rad and awesome and makes me feel loyalty and a desire to invest myself in the company. (although, corporations, if you really want long term loyalty... pensions. Just sayin')

    That brings us this week, where a couple of headhunters from some major names in IT had requested a preliminary chat with me, and I had said yes to both with the intention of roasting them about their companies and being very bold about company expectations like "I was very invested in this scandal that happened in 20XX, what can you tell me about how the company has changed since so that they do not repeat such a mistake?" or "if your company believes in diversity, why don't they publish all of their salaries online which has been proven to reduce wage bias?" But then I actually investigated one of the two companies and... they sound pretty great?? When I spoke to the recruiter, I still was very upfront that real diversity initiatives matter to me and that's why I told her at first that moving from current company was not on my radar because they are doing it pretty well. But this company seems to actually care about that, too? The tempting part is they are offering a considerably higher salary - it would be another 30% pay bump for me - and they appear outwardly to have more generous benefits. Like this is the first company I've ever heard of that offers 50% company match up to the IRS 402(g) annual limit. So if I maxed out for 2022 that would be like $10,250 from company match alone?? The possible red flags are that the role is salary instead of hourly and they have on-call rotation, which means they might have you do on-call on top of a regular shift like it's normal, I'd have to investigate that part. But I decided to actually interview with them even though before investigating and speaking with the recruiter I had zero interest in switching companies. But I feel weird about it because I like my current company so much. Oh and there is one more fly in the ointment, which might give you a hint about which company is headhunting me: this new company was bought out by Microsoft a few years back, which means that whatever ideas about work-life balance and WFH the company leadership has, the looming Microsoft owners might eventually want to grab in there and "fix" all that. So not a fan of that.

    While it doesn't seem that any rich were eaten. It definitely feels like a soup course with broth made from rich stock - bouillonaire if you will - was had.

    My Dragon Age Origins Let's Play

    DixonBlackDragon480DevoutlyApatheticDisruptedCapitalistElvenshaeOrcaGnizmominor incidentthatassemblyguyCormacZilla360ShadowfireBullhead
  • JedocJedoc Justice. Mercy. Duty. That sort of thing.Registered User regular
    edited November 27


    Friggin' warn us before you start dropping the doorbuster deals, Marketing, jeez.

    Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
    V1mShadowfireBlackDragon480minor incidentTheStigSorcewebguy20Commander ZoomMoridin889DevoutlyApatheticRadiationCambiataToxTynnanN1tSt4lkerEtheaDarkPrimusRoyceSraphimHefflingJragghenElvenshaeInfidelSkeithstopgap
  • ElaroElaro Threadkiller, Harbinger of the Lock GodsRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    So I'm in a weird position that I've never been in before in my job life, probably because of the Great Resignation and all. Gonna put this under spoilers.
    So you know I have a lot of respect for my current employer as a company, as I've mentioned. Among other things I have first-hand seen that they promote from within, that they "walk the walk" when it comes to promoting POC, QUILTBAG, disabled, etc and in general have a lot of things I like as a company, on top of which they offered me 30% more than the job that laid me off and they genuinely spent a lot of time and money on my training which makes me feel a certain amount of loyalty to them. Besides, my direct boss is a great manager to have and for quality of life having a manager that you respect and like and who respects and likes you back is a major factor. That said, as I've hinted at but haven't really complained about outright yet, they have started to show me some downsides. One is that in the role I was hired for, they haven't shown the amount of forecasting that is absolutely necessary for it. The role has a lot of turnover both because they themselves promote from this department and because other companies poach from there. So what they should have been doing two years ago if not more is hiring double or triple the coverage that they actually need. When they hired me, they should have hired two more people along with me. While I was still in training, two people were promoted. When I had only been on cases for a little while and still hadn't taken on 100% of the responsibilities of the role, two more people were promoted. So now that I think about it, When they hired me to replace whoever I was replacing, they should have hired four more people in anticipation for those people probably being promoted or moving to another company. They should be able to forecast this, they should have an idea of how long people stay in that role before getting a better job. Another complaint is that I was hoping, because they seem outwardly liberal, that they would have a policy about yearly cost of living raises, but they do not. Maybe I'm being radicalized by r/antiwork, but as has been pointed out there if your salary isn't adjusted for inflation every year this is functionally a yearly demotion. Companies don't see it that way but they need to catch up. Especially if they are on board with equality.

    Anyway, none of that was enough for me to even consider leaving the company, especially since as of January I'm officially qualified to start seeking a promotion. And I may yet get a raise, December is when raises are decided. My boss already did give me a "you're cool" bonus, which already is rad and awesome and makes me feel loyalty and a desire to invest myself in the company. (although, corporations, if you really want long term loyalty... pensions. Just sayin')

    That brings us this week, where a couple of headhunters from some major names in IT had requested a preliminary chat with me, and I had said yes to both with the intention of roasting them about their companies and being very bold about company expectations like "I was very invested in this scandal that happened in 20XX, what can you tell me about how the company has changed since so that they do not repeat such a mistake?" or "if your company believes in diversity, why don't they publish all of their salaries online which has been proven to reduce wage bias?" But then I actually investigated one of the two companies and... they sound pretty great?? When I spoke to the recruiter, I still was very upfront that real diversity initiatives matter to me and that's why I told her at first that moving from current company was not on my radar because they are doing it pretty well. But this company seems to actually care about that, too? The tempting part is they are offering a considerably higher salary - it would be another 30% pay bump for me - and they appear outwardly to have more generous benefits. Like this is the first company I've ever heard of that offers 50% company match up to the IRS 402(g) annual limit. So if I maxed out for 2022 that would be like $10,250 from company match alone?? The possible red flags are that the role is salary instead of hourly and they have on-call rotation, which means they might have you do on-call on top of a regular shift like it's normal, I'd have to investigate that part. But I decided to actually interview with them even though before investigating and speaking with the recruiter I had zero interest in switching companies. But I feel weird about it because I like my current company so much. Oh and there is one more fly in the ointment, which might give you a hint about which company is headhunting me: this new company was bought out by Microsoft a few years back, which means that whatever ideas about work-life balance and WFH the company leadership has, the looming Microsoft owners might eventually want to grab in there and "fix" all that. So not a fan of that.
    Sounds like you should talk to your boss (and their boss) if you like the company you work for but have some concerns as to the sustainability of their hiring practices and wages.

    Derp derp still a smurf
    CambiataRadiationElvenshae
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited November 28
    Elaro wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    So I'm in a weird position that I've never been in before in my job life, probably because of the Great Resignation and all. Gonna put this under spoilers.
    So you know I have a lot of respect for my current employer as a company, as I've mentioned. Among other things I have first-hand seen that they promote from within, that they "walk the walk" when it comes to promoting POC, QUILTBAG, disabled, etc and in general have a lot of things I like as a company, on top of which they offered me 30% more than the job that laid me off and they genuinely spent a lot of time and money on my training which makes me feel a certain amount of loyalty to them. Besides, my direct boss is a great manager to have and for quality of life having a manager that you respect and like and who respects and likes you back is a major factor. That said, as I've hinted at but haven't really complained about outright yet, they have started to show me some downsides. One is that in the role I was hired for, they haven't shown the amount of forecasting that is absolutely necessary for it. The role has a lot of turnover both because they themselves promote from this department and because other companies poach from there. So what they should have been doing two years ago if not more is hiring double or triple the coverage that they actually need. When they hired me, they should have hired two more people along with me. While I was still in training, two people were promoted. When I had only been on cases for a little while and still hadn't taken on 100% of the responsibilities of the role, two more people were promoted. So now that I think about it, When they hired me to replace whoever I was replacing, they should have hired four more people in anticipation for those people probably being promoted or moving to another company. They should be able to forecast this, they should have an idea of how long people stay in that role before getting a better job. Another complaint is that I was hoping, because they seem outwardly liberal, that they would have a policy about yearly cost of living raises, but they do not. Maybe I'm being radicalized by r/antiwork, but as has been pointed out there if your salary isn't adjusted for inflation every year this is functionally a yearly demotion. Companies don't see it that way but they need to catch up. Especially if they are on board with equality.

    Anyway, none of that was enough for me to even consider leaving the company, especially since as of January I'm officially qualified to start seeking a promotion. And I may yet get a raise, December is when raises are decided. My boss already did give me a "you're cool" bonus, which already is rad and awesome and makes me feel loyalty and a desire to invest myself in the company. (although, corporations, if you really want long term loyalty... pensions. Just sayin')

    That brings us this week, where a couple of headhunters from some major names in IT had requested a preliminary chat with me, and I had said yes to both with the intention of roasting them about their companies and being very bold about company expectations like "I was very invested in this scandal that happened in 20XX, what can you tell me about how the company has changed since so that they do not repeat such a mistake?" or "if your company believes in diversity, why don't they publish all of their salaries online which has been proven to reduce wage bias?" But then I actually investigated one of the two companies and... they sound pretty great?? When I spoke to the recruiter, I still was very upfront that real diversity initiatives matter to me and that's why I told her at first that moving from current company was not on my radar because they are doing it pretty well. But this company seems to actually care about that, too? The tempting part is they are offering a considerably higher salary - it would be another 30% pay bump for me - and they appear outwardly to have more generous benefits. Like this is the first company I've ever heard of that offers 50% company match up to the IRS 402(g) annual limit. So if I maxed out for 2022 that would be like $10,250 from company match alone?? The possible red flags are that the role is salary instead of hourly and they have on-call rotation, which means they might have you do on-call on top of a regular shift like it's normal, I'd have to investigate that part. But I decided to actually interview with them even though before investigating and speaking with the recruiter I had zero interest in switching companies. But I feel weird about it because I like my current company so much. Oh and there is one more fly in the ointment, which might give you a hint about which company is headhunting me: this new company was bought out by Microsoft a few years back, which means that whatever ideas about work-life balance and WFH the company leadership has, the looming Microsoft owners might eventually want to grab in there and "fix" all that. So not a fan of that.
    Sounds like you should talk to your boss (and their boss) if you like the company you work for but have some concerns as to the sustainability of their hiring practices and wages.

    About this,I have talked directly to my boss about the need for over hiring within my role and he not only agrees but has said the budget has been approved for that. So that change is coming! I think I'll discuss wage concerns/promotion desires at our next one on one. After thinking about it, reading a little bit about Microsoft's influence, online posts about the culture and hearing from one former employee of the company here on PA (any other current or former employees of that company who want to chime in about them, please PM me) I feel even more strongly that I'm going to stick with a company I like and see if it's possible to get my higher salary here.

    As a matter of fact, while the base salary seems much higher, since I'm hourly right now I have means to make that 30% even without a promotion. Now that I'm qualified to work weekends, I should be able to get a schedule with one weekend day in it the next time schedules are selected, and that adds an additional 18k to my yearly pay. For the people skilled enough in the job to get two weekend days in their schedule, they get an additional 36k yearly, so that's something to shoot for, too. Just the single weekend day almost puts me at the base level of what headhunting company was offering already. If I average out to a couple of hours of OT a week on top of that (which I usually do without even trying) I've reached their offer plus no potentially unpaid on call needed. I'd still miss out on the extraordinary 401k match, but so far current employer has shown themselves to be a company constantly adding to what they offer to employees, so maybe that's a thing they'll offer in the future. I can always start campaigning for it myself.

    Cambiata on
    While it doesn't seem that any rich were eaten. It definitely feels like a soup course with broth made from rich stock - bouillonaire if you will - was had.

    My Dragon Age Origins Let's Play

    Commander ZoomN1tSt4lker
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Yesterday was brutal as the truck they were supposed to get on Thursday arrived late after 4am so last night I had to do both days worth of freight. SO I am quite tired and sore after doing 25+ hours of freight
    Brain spider stuff
    So sadly I have been riding the rollercoaster of my brain spider but lately it's been hard to ignore as I vary from anger and aggression to deep void like depression and various other feelings with just the rather soul crushing of work doesn't help

  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Yesterday was brutal as the truck they were supposed to get on Thursday arrived late after 4am so last night I had to do both days worth of freight. SO I am quite tired and sore after doing 25+ hours of freight
    Brain spider stuff
    So sadly I have been riding the rollercoaster of my brain spider but lately it's been hard to ignore as I vary from anger and aggression to deep void like depression and various other feelings with just the rather soul crushing of work doesn't help

    Brother, I wish I knew how to help you. You are a worthy and good dude who deserves way better than you ever seem to get. I enjoy reading your unexpectedly hilarious Mary Worth posts on the Webcomics thread and I like your collecting posts on the action figures thread. The more I know about you the more you seem like such an amazing dude I wish I could just go up to every one of you managers and call them the worthless piss babies that they are.

    While it doesn't seem that any rich were eaten. It definitely feels like a soup course with broth made from rich stock - bouillonaire if you will - was had.

    My Dragon Age Origins Let's Play

    HefflingShadowfireCommander ZoomSorceminor incidentRadiationN1tSt4lkerlonelyahavaDavid_TAldoTicaldfjamElvenshaeSkeithSolarstopgap
Sign In or Register to comment.