As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T 2021 Secret Santa! Until next jolly mission…

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Santa, I just ran my first marathon and it was ROUGH, so if you want to send me a new pair of legs, that would me amazing.

Santee, now that I got that done with your gift planning begins!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Santa, I just ran my first marathon and it was ROUGH, so if you want to send me a new pair of legs, that would me amazing.

Yo, Santa, if swapping of body parts is an option, you might be able to get a good deal on Kyougu's old legs.
    And a pair of legs capable of running a marathon would be a huge upgrade for me, even if they do have some miles on them.

...just saying.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Just got a message from my Satan:
    A wolf came before,
    and as we meet again at last,
    a new one comes for more,
    be sure to maintain the pack.

deirk0wjfb9c.png

Ok, Werewolf stuff. But what does it mean?

A new wolf, maintaining the pack... Werewolf boyfriend? Please be a werewolf boyfriend!

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

I can’t believe you had to run a marathon just to secure Santees gift. Hope it’s a turboman

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    C-C-C-Crosspost
    Those who've met me at PAX South know I am not a dancer. Takes a lot to get me moving.
    In fact, I was raised Mennonite where we tell such jokes as "Why don't Mennonites have sex standing up? Because it might lead to dancing." or "What do you call free dance lesson? A Mennonite ethical dilemma."
    For further proof that dancing comes from Satan, this morning I opened my front door to see very very flat package, with a sender in Japan. I immediately began hopping from one foot to the other in a little jig of excitement.
    krv4dj2fu1bz.jpg

In fact I instantly opened it and sat down to play through 1000 Words, because despite having some uh, strong negative opinions about FFX-2 the game, it's got some great music, and that particular piece is one of my favorite FF piano arrangements.

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to digging through the rest of it!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Gifts sent. I named my recipient Lord of Saturnalia. I expect stories of Roman style group merriment.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Hey, I thiiiink I got a package from my Santa, not sure. Got a UPS notification that an Amazon packaged was delivered to my mom's house that I didn't order. I think this happened because I forgot to switch the wishlist specific address to my current address. So, I'll hopefully have it in-hand by the end of the week to post here. I let her know so I should be able to open it myself when she drops it off (she works near my house and we usually meet up once a week, so this isn't an inconvenience or anything, don't worry about it :D). Also, got all my wishlists updated with my current address so something like this won't happen again!

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    ok, so, this took a couple stages more than I expected but I have received not one but TWO boxes of gifting!

Both times I attempted to convince cats to come check them out and both times I failed - literally to the level of pointing a box at one of the cats caused it to run away growling. So uh, unsafe boxes had to be opened without inspection.

Adeline finally comes over once we have opened the first box
    fa6d76k7m7v4.jpg
    wlzey1c4nuxd.jpg
    b13xeaxqh9vu.jpg
    KITTIES, From #pipe
    Kitties! Buncha toys. for the new kitties! We have those! and they need more toys! They're starting to wise up to our laser pointer. Sorry they're currently being too scared for christmasing. Possibly because we've had to give them ointment and eardrops the last couple of weeks. We brought them home from the shelter about a month ago now, and they are generally sweet loving evil tabby sisters

lg4f0ufhc1ob.jpg
    A Frypan! I have this exact Lodge pan and it's a real workhorse. I strongly suggest making cornbread in it. From #pipe.
    Cast Iron pan! for reference I just started working a real job for the first time since before the pandemic and resolved to finally replace all of my kitchen stuff, a mix of college, secondhand, and free to a good home cookware we've amassed over the years and spent a bit of time around black friday trying to understand what all the different pieces and needs ever were. This fits perfectly with the pieces I chose to buy then. And as I understand it I must now start rubbing it with oil and if I stop it will become displeased. I've never actually made cornbread but I'm interested in the suggestion and I'm gonna look up what we'd need to do!

Also nona finally comes over to see the open box
    ijad0fbfxaz9.jpg

Box Two has been presented to Nona and she is not a fan of this assault on her personal space. She ran as soon as i lifted the box back up.
    67a1jkqk47qy.jpg
    Inside is several things
    It's Books!

hpbt97khfmnl.jpg
    Three body problem. I didn't really like this one, but my wife loved it, and i do think it's worth a read. The other two books in this trilogy are HELLA DARK, though. Brace yourself if you try to tackle them. From #pipe
    This has definitely been on the radar, and I think the only reason I haven't jumped on it is because 2021 was the year of me not reading things written by dudes (as a penance for most of the years of my life being years of reading only things written by dudes. Lit curation and recommendations have a lot to answer for). I've heard it's been divisive so it's funny that it's even divided your home.

akx427zc6n73.jpg
    Parable of the Sower. I applaud your goal to read more diverse fiction! Fun fact: MY son's middle name is Butler after Octavia - her work is incredible. My wife recommends you try the Xenogenesis series after this. From #pipe
    Speaking of! This is big for me. I've heard nothing but praise ever for Butler across all of her different books and didn't know where to start. For Christmas last year I actually got the Graphic Novel adaptation of this book and it was great - kinda brutal and challenging but so worth it. Maybe a weird order to read them in but I'm not going to worry about that.

wnx09i5f4k2d.jpg
    Emily Carr! British Columbia's most beloved local artist, her story is really interesting. Everyone thought her paintings were just ok, until she started painting the landscapes and First Nations culture of BC. From #pipe
    This is cool. I had not heard of her, and I presume the "local" callout means this is your part of the world. It's funny, I had kind of the same reaction you described. the first few pages are some pleasant sketches and one of the early paintings drew me in, but then it gets into her First Nations art and it's kind of amazing. here's a sneak peak at home
    yjy5a9e28n8f.jpg

zt3w7w2btjs7.jpg
    Ramune candy! I hope this is the 懐かし that you're chasing! From #pipe
    The reference here is that I lived in Japan for several years as a kid so I always have a callout for things to remind me of that. These things are, just wow they are sour. I put one in my mouth and before I had a conscious reaction I noticed that my jaw had clenched. I gave my partner one and she swore a little. these are great, I love it.

And one more for the Haul.
    bz576rrbq7mj.jpg

And of course thank you to @#pipe for the wonderful gifts and an appropriate level of internet stalking!

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    A package has arrived (haven't opened yet) and something popped up on Steam. I'll make a post as soon as I can.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I have been counter Santa'd (o Satan'd).
    3qbpm3gnk1ks.jpg

An unfamiliar box, with very familiar words.
    vrcyb5icheah.jpg

And delightfully wrapped treats!
    b0w64p5fs8yx.jpg

Thanks @Noggin . I haven't had Shriver's before, but they've been highly recommended to me.
    A quick sample confirms this is high quality taffy. New years resolutions don't start until the new year.

see317 on
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Hooray, I was just wondering this morning about when they would get there. Shriver’s is fairly local to me, so when you mentioned your taffy tradition and your guy not having any this year, I just had to. I’m glad to hear that you’ve heard of them and that they held up.

Did they include the flavor list? I saved the ones I picked if they didn’t. Enjoy!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Noggin wrote: »
    Hooray, I was just wondering this morning about when they would get there. Shriver’s is fairly local to me, so when you mentioned your taffy tradition and your guy not having any this year, I just had to. I’m glad to hear that you’ve heard of them and that they held up.

Did they include the flavor list? I saved the ones I picked if they didn’t. Enjoy!
    The box was delivered this morning, but I couldn't get to it until after work.

Yeah, there's a list of all their flavors and corresponding colors.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    A wild package appeared!
    jxTTYP4h.jpg
    Inside was a gift!
    KQrTJTBh.jpg
    And some broken candy canes, which personally is ok because I'm not typically a fan of the traditional way to eat a candy cane so small chunks I can just pop in my mouth works fine. I'll be honest, from the shape of the box I already had a good suspicion what was inside, but there's only one way to find out so let's rip and tear until it is done.
    l0ktqKWh.jpg
    Dy65HfAh.jpg
    blSs550h.jpg
    A transformer! Cyclonus to be exact. The colors are very nice, a lot closer to the animation than my old one and the transformation is really fun. I love that because of it's transformation it has working wingflaps. for y'know. space air currents.
    Thanks @theoriginalz

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »

Nice pick! I love Shrivers! I'm only 45 min west of OC and get some each summer! Guessing from the colors those are some good choices for flavors too.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Gifts are on route!

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Woo, my Secret Santa gift finally arrived! It came in some nice giftwrapping, too :D

And a note, from @Brolo !~
    82eY9da.png?1

My xxxmas is going quite excellently so far, thanks! :D And something about being useful when days get shorter? Sounds interesting!

t5qmyi5.png?1

A Philips SmartSleep light! Awesome! I've been waffling on getting one for basically a year or two now! They do a simulated sunrise type thing that makes waking up easier since it gives your body some warning to pull out of sleep instead of an abrupt alarm. My sleep hygiene is super bad and waking up at 5:50am is kinda rough for me, especially during the winter, so this should be super useful for me and hopefully make my mornings a bit less miserable! Can't wait to try it out! Thanks for the gift!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Crosspost:
    Brolo wrote: »
    !! SATAN HAS VISITED ME THIS NIGHT AND I AM VERY EXCITED !!

PICTURES TO COME SOON

So coming back from what was a particularly dreary day of work, I arrived to find MULTIPLE packages waiting for me!

And, to my delight, some of them were amazing gifts from the lovely LWT1973!

BIMPPPUl.jpg
    Simon Stålenhag's Things From the Flood!

Simon makes some amazing atmospheric concept art that's set in scandinavia and blends everyday life with far-flung sci-fi concepts in really moody, cool way. I've been following him for YEARS but this is the first work of his I actually own! I'm super excited to dig into this one, because it's more than just concept art, it also has a lot of story elements and worldbuilding background that flesh out the Flood.

XGL6dShl.jpg
    Well THIS little thing won't fit me at all! So I won't have much use for it until... mid February! And then this one:
    GMwOoNfl.jpg
    will have a little sibling! She's already playing a few basic games on the iPad, so I'm betting that in a little while we can get these two some mini-controllers, get a copy of Overcooked, and then have a family meltdown full of acrimony and screaming. It's super cute!

OVFw47Il.jpg
    And last up... a grenade! Actually a pair of grenades!

But not just any old grenades...

NERF GRENADES - you can load them up with Nerf Rival ammo and then lob them at people hiding behind bunkers - the "shrapnel" bounces all over the place so you're pretty much guaranteed a hit! It's the coolest new addition to my non-nerf-branded Nerf arsenal!

Thank you so much lwt1973 ! You've made this Satansmas extra special!

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Woo, my Secret Santa gift finally arrived! It came in some nice giftwrapping, too :D

82eY9da.png?1

My xxxmas is going quite excellently so far, thanks! :D And something about being useful when days get shorter? Sounds interesting!

[img][/img]

A Philips SmartSleep light! Awesome! I've been waffling on getting one for basically a year or two now! They do a simulated sunrise type thing that makes waking up easier since it gives your body some warning to pull out of sleep instead of an abrupt alarm. My sleep hygiene is super bad and waking up at 5:50am is kinda rough for me, especially during the winter, so this should be super useful for me and hopefully make my mornings a bit less miserable! Can't wait to try it out! Thanks for the gift!

Ah so glad it showed up, Stabbity!

There's one more small thing coming your way (might be showing up a bit after Christmas), so please keep your eyes out for it!

Brolo on
  • Options
    That's a cool lamp!

Also, nerf grenade?!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Brolo wrote: »

82eY9da.png?1

[img][/img]

Ah so glad it showed up, Stabbity!

There's one more small thing coming your way (might be showing up a bit after Christmas), so please keep your eyes out for it!

Awesome, will do! Thanks again for the lamp!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    jciwh11vm0iu.gif

I have received a parcel from @ZeroCow which my kids rapidly screamed at me to open !!!NOW!!! while holding their new favorite plushy.

ql94jwz3641f.jpg

The box came with a lovely mask wearing card
    lj3pnhc51nw5.jpg

To which the content includes
    8kbgg20u2zq2.jpg

The gift includes some real inedible Buckeyes
    fuqvwf3qy6ys.jpg

and a beautiful tin that was wrapped in an insulated bag with a cute little luna icepack
    w0yuesn0nxlq.jpg

full of edible handmade Buckeyes. These are really good, think a reese peanut butter cup but way better.
    wshp7o99krcs.jpg

The tin's gnome motif is continued with a gnome Funko and in a really nice book of gnomes. This book is written like a serious biology book going over every details of the gnome, it's such a great approach to the topic.
    j42oghsg1e8k.jpg

ZeroCow also included two shakers of his dad's spice mix. I'll probably wait until bbq season starts this march and use it for rubs. It's quite good and I can see this working well with many kinds of meat.
    vllfyvna4zb5.jpg

And finally a T-Shirt that I don't know who it describes best, Me or my dog
    xlzyaopmkfly.jpg

Thank you for everything and I'm happy you decided to send me things that make you happy in this gift. The buckeyes are going onto my shelf of random objects between a block of obsidian and the funko gnome. The edible one are not going to last very long, I need to hide them from the kids and my wife.

And thanks for all the gnomes
    hmrfgk0xp43b.gif

• Options
    Yay! I'm glad we were able to work everything out and get the package there! (Darn international shipping!) One more surprise should be on the way to help with the border crossing confusion.

Also the gnome tin was pure coincidence, I ordered the candy buckeyes online and asked for a holiday tin. They just happened to come in the gnome themed one. Praise be to Garl!

I hope you enjoy everything!

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    The tin is a very funny coincidence then but it really tied everything together.

• Options
    I’ve never seen either kind of buckeye outside of Ohio. Feels weird

• Options
    I’ve never seen either kind of buckeye outside of Ohio. Feels weird

Let me introduce you to the British conker: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conkers.

In a Trans-Atlantic meeting, I was talking about buckeyes with some British colleagues and they told me it's like a conker.

I looked it up and lo and behold they were right!

1. Buckeyes (real) are poisonous to humans, but squirrels can eat them.
    2. Conkers the video game character suddenly has a deeper meaning with his name.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    What’s this? A random box on my porch?

o25il0nsv1hw.jpeg

I better have my best people inspect it for traps..

ryrxvnx2qv2w.jpeg
    I guess it’s clean. Let’s peak inside…

c1p4ylic34jg.jpeg
    Cool, a back pain relief wheel. I’ve had back pain since my early 20s, so this is quite welcome. But who sent it?

63tb4arpyj5q.jpeg
    Ah, it was @Kyougu! Thank you so much for the gift. Although, I think I’m going to have to return it because this is the smaller 6” wheel which is for neck pain, not the 10” wheel for the back. No biggie though, the prices are virtually identical.

Thanks again for this thoughtful gift. It will be used!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Did you mention your back pain in your wishlist post or something? How would Santa even know that?

Also I want one of those now because my back SUCKS

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Santanas are very very good at stalking.

It is known.

• Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    What’s this? A random box on my porch?

o25il0nsv1hw.jpeg

I better have my best people inspect it for traps..

ryrxvnx2qv2w.jpeg
    I guess it’s clean. Let’s peak inside…

c1p4ylic34jg.jpeg
    Cool, a back pain relief wheel. I’ve had back pain since my early 20s, so this is quite welcome. But who sent it?

63tb4arpyj5q.jpeg
    Ah, it was @Kyougu! Thank you so much for the gift. Although, I think I’m going to have to return it because this is the smaller 6” wheel which is for neck pain, not the 10” wheel for the back. No biggie though, the prices are virtually identical.

Thanks again for this thoughtful gift. It will be used!

Oh, that got there fast! And I didn't realize it was only for neck pain but glad you can exchange it!

There's one more gift coming, should arrive tomorrow!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Did you mention your back pain in your wishlist post or something? How would Santa even know that?

They mentioned it in one of the SE fitness threads, AFAIK

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

They mentioned it in one of the SE fitness threads, AFAIK

Yeah, that was a week ago, so top tier sneaking there.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    You aren't properly Santa-ing if you don't go back and read a year's worth of posts by your santee. :D

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    A wild package appeared!
    Inside was a gift!
    KQrTJTBh.jpg
    And some broken candy canes, which personally is ok because I'm not typically a fan of the traditional way to eat a candy cane so small chunks I can just pop in my mouth works fine. I'll be honest, from the shape of the box I already had a good suspicion what was inside, but there's only one way to find out so let's rip and tear until it is done.
    l0ktqKWh.jpg
    Dy65HfAh.jpg
    blSs550h.jpg
    A transformer! Cyclonus to be exact. The colors are very nice, a lot closer to the animation than my old one and the transformation is really fun. I love that because of it's transformation it has working wingflaps. for y'know. space air currents.
    Thanks @theoriginalz

broken candy canes are the best. nobody's got time for a whole cane.

theoriginalz on
    Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Full-size candy canes are too messy. You get all sticky and it interferes with present opening and / or wrapping.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Uh oh, it looks like @Kyougu hit me again!

A mystery package arrives...
    2w2pu0k0xgcd.jpg

My safety inspector clears the package.
    0kjvc202vjtk.jpeg

Let's see what's inside...
    wze44cjw1f1g.jpeg

The art of the animated Castlevania series on Netflix! What a great show with fantastic art and design.

And here's the note:
    giq7vc0p27gw.jpeg

Thanks again Kyougu! You're too kind!

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    https://youtube.com/shorts/7wvbwa7fKPM?feature=share

Ed: Huh. Guess YouTube shorts don’t embed. I’ll have to fix that later.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Cross post from the SE++ thread:
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Today I received a package with a threatening aura, I can onlyv assume Satan is responsible
    oes9mhiweq7p.jpg
    uupkhjyh50ky.jpg

It says it is from Dragon's Blood Elixir.So either this is hot sauce, or sometime sent me mystic potions. Or both!

Oh yeah, it's hot sauce
    wc3rdo1qgqjr.jpg

A lot of hot sauce!
    4shg2rmyls4p.jpg

12 bottles ranging from balsamic and cappuccino flavors to ones with skulls on the label, I think those are hot!
    lux21wunfn5v.jpg

Wow my sauce shelf will be stuffed with the good stuff for months now! Thank you Satan, I promise to put these to good use

• Options
    Package shipped!

Soon.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Fuck, I want every bottle

• Options
    urp771zih9xj.gif

I have received an extra gift

czdlaxcyytc1.jpg

Thank you @ZeroCow, UPS is truly horrible with import fees.