As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Chicken [Coup]

2456712

Posts

  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    When you've got twelve followers (three roommates, sister, four co-workers, three friends and one mother who signed up to show support for this tweeting thing but doesn't know how to check it), it turns into a way to just say things to just them.
    Then you make the joke with the bad word that they'd all probably laugh off in person, and whoops, someone else saw it and drew it to the attention of a few million other people.

    (Which doesn't cover remarks made when you're already being put in the spotlight due to your criminal activities at the Capital, but inertia of thought is a hell of a thing.)

    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    FANTOMASshrykeGnome-InterruptusevilmrhenryLord_AsmodeusFencingsaxNobeard
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    This isn't a purely Twitter problem. All social networks have you just a hair's breath from global fame, for better or for worst. I don't understand how some people still don't understand that 20 years on. In fact this isn't even specific to social networks, it was true of blogs and AngelFire webpages and even password-protected paywall pages; social networks just make it easier.

    Never put something online if you wouldn't want the entire world reading it and associating it to you. That has always been the mantra. People need to start heeding it.

    sig.gif
    klemmingShadowhopeSmrtnikmarajithatassemblyguyKristmas Kthulhuspool32ReynoldsGiantGeek2020FencingsaxA Kobold's KoboldMan in the MistsMoridin889Mr RayOrcaRaijuvalhalla130lonelyahavaPenumbrasarukunNobeard
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    Never put something online if you wouldn't want the entire world reading it and associating it to you. That has always been the mantra. People need to start heeding it.
    On the other hand, catching people being horrible will become so much harder if they learn this lesson.

    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    FANTOMASkimedispatch.ovalhalla130
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Never put something online if you wouldn't want the entire world reading it and associating it to you. That has always been the mantra. People need to start heeding it.
    On the other hand, catching people being horrible will become so much harder if they learn this lesson.

    There's an XKCD comic about how if the bots trying to defeat CAPTCHAs are eventually forced to pretend to be good-faith contributors to the community they're trying to infiltrate such that they become indistinguishable from the actual populace, then we've accomplished the mission of destroying such bots in the first place. Likewise, if the deplorables are rendered invisible by internalizing the fact that expressing their horrible beliefs in public might expose them to the collected opinion of the wider world with practical consequences, I'd say that's as positive an outcome as we can hope for.

    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    destroyah87Rhesus PositiveCaptain InertiaElvenshaeMechMantisRichySorceButtersApogeeJaysonFourShadowhopekimeCommander ZoomMvrckAbsoluteZeromarajidispatch.oShadowfireKristmas KthulhutzeentchlingmRahmaniReynoldsCalicaElldrenDark_SideGiantGeek2020FencingsaxA Kobold's KoboldAegeriMan in the MistsZibblsnrtMoridin889Mr RayEinzelDracomicronRaijubrynhrtmnKamarsarukunNobeard38thDoe
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Never put something online if you wouldn't want the entire world reading it and associating it to you. That has always been the mantra. People need to start heeding it.
    On the other hand, catching people being horrible will become so much harder if they learn this lesson.

    There's an XKCD comic about how if the bots trying to defeat CAPTCHAs are eventually forced to pretend to be good-faith contributors to the community they're trying to infiltrate such that they become indistinguishable from the actual populace, then we've accomplished the mission of destroying such bots in the first place. Likewise, if the deplorables are rendered invisible by internalizing the fact that expressing their horrible beliefs in public might expose them to the collected opinion of the wider world with practical consequences, I'd say that's as positive an outcome as we can hope for.

    To an extent. The scariest part about the internet is how easy it appears to be to find groups under the radar and engage in some truly heinous thoughts and activities that we don't find out about until there's a bodycount.

    It's kinda natural selection, we only find out about those too stupid to hide their hideous beliefs.

    Also, there's something to be said against the mainstreaming of the whackadoodle. The entirety of Q would at best be in the realm of Moon Landing Deniers and Flat Earthers pre-internet. The internet allows them to not be 'alone', which acts as a self-reinforcement of the crazy. Facebook being complicit doesn't help there.

    Gnome-InterruptusShadowhopeCommander ZoomTicaldfjamspool32NetscapezepherinRaijubrynhrtmnvalhalla130Nobeard
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    The concern is whether it's getting them to stop being horrible, or just get more savvy at not getting caught being horrible. In the latter case it's a turn for the worse as they just get smarter at it.

    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    MorganVCommander Zoom
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    "Let's Go Brandon" isn't exactly pushing the latter case.

    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
    Captain Inertiaspool32FencingsaxMan in the MistsOrcaRaijubrynhrtmnnever die
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Facebook and Twitter would rather make money off of fascists than kick them off the platform. Look at how horrible Trump had to be for anything to happen

    And the only reason anything happened was because his bullshit lies were outweighing the money he made them

    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
    Gnome-InterruptusJaysonFourLikeaBoshKristmas KthulhuNetscapeReynoldsFencingsaxMan in the MistsA Kobold's KoboldMr RayRaijuvalhalla130Nobeard
  • BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    edited November 5
    Facebook and Twitter would rather make money off of fascists than kick them off the platform. Look at how horrible Trump had to be for anything to happen

    And the only reason anything happened was because his bullshit lies were outweighing the money he made them

    As a note, the horrible thing Trump did to get kicked off twitter and facebook was lose power.

    If he was still president, he'd still be on there inciting violence and spreading bald face lies that get people killed.

    BSoB on
    ButtersMorganVCaptain InertiaDouglasDangerelectricitylikesmemrpakuGnome-InterruptusmonikerDarkPrimusSmrtnikzagdrobshrykeAtomikaMatevCelestialBadgerMx. QuillJaysonFourMartini_PhilosopherXantomaskimewebguy20NothingCommander ZoomElvenshaeLikeaBoshAbsoluteZeromarajiemp123ShadowfireThegreatcowthatassemblyguyKristmas KthulhuLabelNetscapeReynoldsHefflingElldrenMayabirdDark_SideHappylilElfGiantGeek2020Lord_AsmodeusVeagleKayne Red RobeFencingsaxGnizmoAegeriOptySorceMan in the MistsA Kobold's KoboldMoridin889Mr RayEinzelOrcaRaijubrynhrtmnvalhalla130SkeithNiryaGrudgeNo-Quartersarukunnever dieNobeard38thDoe
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    Kupi wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Never put something online if you wouldn't want the entire world reading it and associating it to you. That has always been the mantra. People need to start heeding it.
    On the other hand, catching people being horrible will become so much harder if they learn this lesson.

    There's an XKCD comic about how if the bots trying to defeat CAPTCHAs are eventually forced to pretend to be good-faith contributors to the community they're trying to infiltrate such that they become indistinguishable from the actual populace, then we've accomplished the mission of destroying such bots in the first place. Likewise, if the deplorables are rendered invisible by internalizing the fact that expressing their horrible beliefs in public might expose them to the collected opinion of the wider world with practical consequences, I'd say that's as positive an outcome as we can hope for.

    To an extent. The scariest part about the internet is how easy it appears to be to find groups under the radar and engage in some truly heinous thoughts and activities that we don't find out about until there's a bodycount.

    It's kinda natural selection, we only find out about those too stupid to hide their hideous beliefs.

    Also, there's something to be said against the mainstreaming of the whackadoodle. The entirety of Q would at best be in the realm of Moon Landing Deniers and Flat Earthers pre-internet. The internet allows them to not be 'alone', which acts as a self-reinforcement of the crazy. Facebook being complicit doesn't help there.

    Polling and research that I've seen suggests that the level of paranoid conspiracy theorists in society is about the same as it has been for a long time. All social media has done is made people outside of the chain letters more aware of its existence, rather than actually growing it.

    shrykerahkeesh2000Fencingsax
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    MorganV wrote: »
    Kupi wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Never put something online if you wouldn't want the entire world reading it and associating it to you. That has always been the mantra. People need to start heeding it.
    On the other hand, catching people being horrible will become so much harder if they learn this lesson.

    There's an XKCD comic about how if the bots trying to defeat CAPTCHAs are eventually forced to pretend to be good-faith contributors to the community they're trying to infiltrate such that they become indistinguishable from the actual populace, then we've accomplished the mission of destroying such bots in the first place. Likewise, if the deplorables are rendered invisible by internalizing the fact that expressing their horrible beliefs in public might expose them to the collected opinion of the wider world with practical consequences, I'd say that's as positive an outcome as we can hope for.

    To an extent. The scariest part about the internet is how easy it appears to be to find groups under the radar and engage in some truly heinous thoughts and activities that we don't find out about until there's a bodycount.

    It's kinda natural selection, we only find out about those too stupid to hide their hideous beliefs.

    Also, there's something to be said against the mainstreaming of the whackadoodle. The entirety of Q would at best be in the realm of Moon Landing Deniers and Flat Earthers pre-internet. The internet allows them to not be 'alone', which acts as a self-reinforcement of the crazy. Facebook being complicit doesn't help there.

    Polling and research that I've seen suggests that the level of paranoid conspiracy theorists in society is about the same as it has been for a long time. All social media has done is made people outside of the chain letters more aware of its existence, rather than actually growing it.

    But it's also made it easier for them to connect and gain an audience to do terrible shit.

    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    shrykeMorganVCommander ZoomElvenshaeTicaldfjamLabelNetscapeElldrenSpoitGiantGeek2020Lord_AsmodeusVeagleFencingsaxSorceMan in the MistsMoridin889Mr RayEinzelOrcaRaijuvalhalla130sarukunNobeard
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Never put something online if you wouldn't want the entire world reading it and associating it to you. That has always been the mantra. People need to start heeding it.
    On the other hand, catching people being horrible will become so much harder if they learn this lesson.

    There's an XKCD comic about how if the bots trying to defeat CAPTCHAs are eventually forced to pretend to be good-faith contributors to the community they're trying to infiltrate such that they become indistinguishable from the actual populace, then we've accomplished the mission of destroying such bots in the first place. Likewise, if the deplorables are rendered invisible by internalizing the fact that expressing their horrible beliefs in public might expose them to the collected opinion of the wider world with practical consequences, I'd say that's as positive an outcome as we can hope for.

    I mean, assuming people actually get it right. And that the level of the response matches the offence. Both of which mobs, internet or otherwise, are terrible at.

    But this conversation is better suited for the Social Media thread because it's mostly about how social media vacillates between what you say to people you know and what you say to everyone in the world without reason or warning.

    Gnome-Interruptusspool32
  • CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    Kupi wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Never put something online if you wouldn't want the entire world reading it and associating it to you. That has always been the mantra. People need to start heeding it.
    On the other hand, catching people being horrible will become so much harder if they learn this lesson.

    There's an XKCD comic about how if the bots trying to defeat CAPTCHAs are eventually forced to pretend to be good-faith contributors to the community they're trying to infiltrate such that they become indistinguishable from the actual populace, then we've accomplished the mission of destroying such bots in the first place. Likewise, if the deplorables are rendered invisible by internalizing the fact that expressing their horrible beliefs in public might expose them to the collected opinion of the wider world with practical consequences, I'd say that's as positive an outcome as we can hope for.

    Also, there's something to be said against the mainstreaming of the whackadoodle. The entirety of Q would at best be in the realm of Moon Landing Deniers and Flat Earthers pre-internet. The internet allows them to not be 'alone', which acts as a self-reinforcement of the crazy. Facebook being complicit doesn't help there.

    On the positive side, it helps people previously thought "wackadoodle" like trans people to find others like them and gain empowerment.

    MorganVspool32monikerGnizmovalhalla130Penumbrajimb213never dieNobeard
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Never put something online if you wouldn't want the entire world reading it and associating it to you. That has always been the mantra. People need to start heeding it.
    On the other hand, catching people being horrible will become so much harder if they learn this lesson.

    There's an XKCD comic about how if the bots trying to defeat CAPTCHAs are eventually forced to pretend to be good-faith contributors to the community they're trying to infiltrate such that they become indistinguishable from the actual populace, then we've accomplished the mission of destroying such bots in the first place. Likewise, if the deplorables are rendered invisible by internalizing the fact that expressing their horrible beliefs in public might expose them to the collected opinion of the wider world with practical consequences, I'd say that's as positive an outcome as we can hope for.

    The comic in question:

    suspicion.png

    ElvenshaeGnome-InterruptuskimeShadowfireHappylilElfStarZapperGiantGeek2020tzeentchlingFencingsaxSorceMartini_PhilosopherMan in the MistsJebus314Mr RayEinzelRaijuDarlanvalhalla130KoopahTroopahThegreatcowNobeard38thDoe
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited November 5
    Pretty sure that's a different one.
    :edit:
    constructive.png

    NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    thatassemblyguyMayabirdRhesus PositiveGnome-Interruptusemp123XaquinkimeMatevShadowfireCommander ZoomHappylilElfmrpakuGiantGeek2020HonkElvenshaetzeentchlingspool32ShadowhopeAegisFencingsaxKruiteGnizmoMvrckKristmas KthulhuSorceMartini_PhilosopherAbsoluteZeroA Kobold's KoboldMan in the MistsMoridin889Jebus314MorganVNetscapeDirtmuncherMr RayHefflingDracomicronmarajiRaijuRingozepherinBarrakkethvalhalla130boogedybooKoopahTroopahThegreatcowjimb213No-QuartersarukunNobeardTofystedeth38thDoe
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's a different one.
    :edit:
    constructive.png

    How are actual humans supposed to pass those tests, though?

    Elldren
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's a different one.
    :edit:
    constructive.png

    How are actual humans supposed to pass those tests, though?

    Problem solved to me.

    ShadowhopeHahnsoo1CalicaMvrckKristmas KthulhuSorceMartini_PhilosopherMan in the MistsZibblsnrtMoridin889DiannaoChongEinzelRingoRadiationvalhalla130KamarNo-QuarterNobeardTofystedeth38thDoe
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Oh, I thought there was coup news

    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    XaquinGiantGeek2020rahkeesh2000DouglasDangerDiannaoChongOrcaKoopahTroopah
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited November 5
    Here's some:




    I'm just gonna make a blanket statement to all the people that are calling me and texting me. You win!!! I'm going to prison. So you don't need to contact me anymore. Pop champagne and then rejoice. But just leave me alone. Thank you

    I am not Going to prison for the things that I said, or standing in front of the broken window. Its for walking in Capitol for 2 mins & what the judge says is to serve a deterrence to others since I have a high profile (Which I got after the fact thanks to MSM smear campaign)

    TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    ElvenshaeshrykeHonkJazzspool32JaysonFourDarkPrimusFencingsaxShadowfireStarZapperCalicaGnome-InterruptusForarMillReynoldsRichyTicaldfjamemp123MatevzagdrobAegeriKristmas KthulhuSorceMartini_PhilosopherAbsoluteZeroCaptain InertiaMan in the MistsElldrenZibblsnrtMoridin889MorganVRhesus PositiveDirtmuncherEinzelyossarian_livesApogeeHefflingDracomicronDoctor DetroitmarajiRaijuRingoWhelkDoctorArchHappylilElfbrynhrtmnBarrakkethMarathonRadiationvalhalla130boogedybooKoopahTroopahSporkAndrewExtreaminatusKamarMegaMan001PenumbraFoolOnTheHilljimb213No-QuartersarukunMetzger Meisternever dieNobeardTofystedeth
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Here's some:




    I'm just gonna make a blanket statement to all the people that are calling me and texting me. You win!!! I'm going to prison. So you don't need to contact me anymore. Pop champagne and then rejoice. But just leave me alone. Thank you

    I am not Going to prison for the things that I said, or standing in front of the broken window. Its for walking in Capitol for 2 mins & what the judge says is to serve a deterrence to others since I have a high profile (Which I got after the fact thanks to MSM smear campaign)

    So she has learned nothing.

    spool32VeaglemrpakuJaysonFourTehSpectreElvenshaeXaquinMunkus BeaverAegisFencingsaxBigJoeMshrykeelectricitylikesmeStarZapperDouglasDangerwebguy20Commander ZoomGnome-InterruptusMillLord_AsmodeusReynoldsJohnny ChopsockyTicaldfjamjoshofalltradesDoodmannemp123MatevCentipede DamascusthatassemblyguyTomantaMvrckKristmas KthulhuSorceGiantGeek2020Martini_PhilosopherkimeAbsoluteZeroCaptain InertiaA Kobold's KoboldMan in the MistsElldrenMoridin889AlexandierMorganVLabelAtomikaRhesus PositiveNetscapeCelestialBadgerMr RayEinzelyossarian_livesJazzApogeeHefflingSmrtnikDracomicronDoctor DetroitmarajiRaijuRingoWhelkButtersDoctorArchDark Raven XbrynhrtmnBarrakkethRadiationvalhalla130SkeithNiryasilence1186boogedybooKoopahTroopahSporkAndrewExtreaminatusKamarPenumbraFoolOnTheHillNo-QuartersarukunMetzger MeisterMr Fuzzbuttnever dieNobeardTofystedeth38thDoe
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Here's some:




    I'm just gonna make a blanket statement to all the people that are calling me and texting me. You win!!! I'm going to prison. So you don't need to contact me anymore. Pop champagne and then rejoice. But just leave me alone. Thank you

    I am not Going to prison for the things that I said, or standing in front of the broken window. Its for walking in Capitol for 2 mins & what the judge says is to serve a deterrence to others since I have a high profile (Which I got after the fact thanks to MSM smear campaign)

    So she has learned nothing.

    So far.

    Sleepspool32JaysonFourElvenshaeFencingsaxReynoldsMatevAegeriMartini_PhilosopherkimeCaptain InertiaMan in the MistsEinzelmarajiRaijubrynhrtmnRadiationvalhalla130FoolOnTheHillNo-Quartersarukunnever dieNobeardTofystedeth
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    jothki wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's a different one.
    :edit:
    constructive.png

    How are actual humans supposed to pass those tests, though?

    Problem solved to me.

    I should not need to point out that this tangent is hilariously off-topic.

    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against the Irish) Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Here's some:




    I'm just gonna make a blanket statement to all the people that are calling me and texting me. You win!!! I'm going to prison. So you don't need to contact me anymore. Pop champagne and then rejoice. But just leave me alone. Thank you

    I am not Going to prison for the things that I said, or standing in front of the broken window. Its for walking in Capitol for 2 mins & what the judge says is to serve a deterrence to others since I have a high profile (Which I got after the fact thanks to MSM smear campaign)

    So she has learned nothing.

    Decisions.

    Consequences.

    Is a surprisingly hard sequence of events for some people to understand.

    TicaldfjammonikerReynoldsDark_SideMillFencingsaxApogeeDoctor DetroitRaijuWhelkvalhalla130Nobeard
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    I like how she uses the term smear campaign despite it being a case of reporting what she *literally* did.

    emp123ReynoldsShadowfireSorceAbsoluteZeroElvenshaeElldrenMan in the MistsGnome-InterruptusknitdanMoridin889AtomikaFencingsaxNetscapeLord_AsmodeusMr RayEinzelJazzOrcaA Kobold's KoboldApogeeHefflingjoshofalltradesmarajiRaijuRingoButtersbrynhrtmnvalhalla130SkeithKoopahTroopahKamarsarukunMetzger MeisterMr Fuzzbuttnever dieNobeard
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Here's some:




    I'm just gonna make a blanket statement to all the people that are calling me and texting me. You win!!! I'm going to prison. So you don't need to contact me anymore. Pop champagne and then rejoice. But just leave me alone. Thank you

    I am not Going to prison for the things that I said, or standing in front of the broken window. Its for walking in Capitol for 2 mins & what the judge says is to serve a deterrence to others since I have a high profile (Which I got after the fact thanks to MSM smear campaign)

    So she has learned nothing.

    She's starting an "anti-cyber bullying nonprofit" so I think she's learned to grift.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    AbsoluteZeroElvenshaeCaptain Inertiaemp123AtomikaFencingsaxRhesus PositiveNetscapeJaysonFourLord_AsmodeusLilnoobsJazzApogeeSmrtnikRaijuRingoButtersHappylilElfKayne Red Robebrynhrtmnshrykevalhalla130NiryaboogedybooKoopahTroopahsarukunNobeard
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Here's some:




    I'm just gonna make a blanket statement to all the people that are calling me and texting me. You win!!! I'm going to prison. So you don't need to contact me anymore. Pop champagne and then rejoice. But just leave me alone. Thank you

    I am not Going to prison for the things that I said, or standing in front of the broken window. Its for walking in Capitol for 2 mins & what the judge says is to serve a deterrence to others since I have a high profile (Which I got after the fact thanks to MSM smear campaign)

    So she has learned nothing.

    So far.

    I dont care if she learns anything. She will probably write a book and get lots of money in film options in some conservative Orange is New Black with Sorbo as the warden.

    I don't fucking care. It is a slap on the wrist, but even some hilariously inadequate consequences are consequences. Even if she rides the righteous line forever she served two months.

  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Here's some:




    I'm just gonna make a blanket statement to all the people that are calling me and texting me. You win!!! I'm going to prison. So you don't need to contact me anymore. Pop champagne and then rejoice. But just leave me alone. Thank you

    I am not Going to prison for the things that I said, or standing in front of the broken window. Its for walking in Capitol for 2 mins & what the judge says is to serve a deterrence to others since I have a high profile (Which I got after the fact thanks to MSM smear campaign)

    She is the one that went on national TV stating she had video of the riot and then got all surprised pikachu when the feds raided her house and took her shit right? Not surprised that she doesn't seem to have really learned anything from this experience.

  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Here's some:




    I'm just gonna make a blanket statement to all the people that are calling me and texting me. You win!!! I'm going to prison. So you don't need to contact me anymore. Pop champagne and then rejoice. But just leave me alone. Thank you

    I am not Going to prison for the things that I said, or standing in front of the broken window. Its for walking in Capitol for 2 mins & what the judge says is to serve a deterrence to others since I have a high profile (Which I got after the fact thanks to MSM smear campaign)

    So she has learned nothing.

    She's starting an "anti-cyber bullying nonprofit" so I think she's learned to grift.

    God, it's always fucking projection with these jackholes.

    XaquinReynoldsMatevAbsoluteZeroElvenshaeElldrenMan in the MistsFencingsaxNetscapeJaysonFourLord_AsmodeusEinzelJazzOrcaA Kobold's KoboldmarajiZomroShadowfiretzeentchlingshrykevalhalla130RaijuSkeithKoopahTroopahKamarsarukunNobeard
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 6
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Here's some:




    I'm just gonna make a blanket statement to all the people that are calling me and texting me. You win!!! I'm going to prison. So you don't need to contact me anymore. Pop champagne and then rejoice. But just leave me alone. Thank you

    I am not Going to prison for the things that I said, or standing in front of the broken window. Its for walking in Capitol for 2 mins & what the judge says is to serve a deterrence to others since I have a high profile (Which I got after the fact thanks to MSM smear campaign)

    So she has learned nothing.

    So far.

    I dont care if she learns anything. She will probably write a book and get lots of money in film options in some conservative Orange is New Black with Sorbo as the warden.

    I don't fucking care. It is a slap on the wrist, but even some hilariously inadequate consequences are consequences. Even if she rides the righteous line forever she served two months.

    I wish it were the full year to mark a felony. I disagree with felon disenfranchisement, and am glad rights are restored upon release in Illinois, but if anyone deserves to lose their ability to engage in the electoral process it's the armed mob attempting to subvert the election and their fellow travelers.

    moniker on
    zagdrobGnome-Interruptusemp123FencingsaxNetscapeMr RayEinzelJazzHefflingRingoMarathonshrykevalhalla130RaijuNo-Quarter
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Here's some:




    I'm just gonna make a blanket statement to all the people that are calling me and texting me. You win!!! I'm going to prison. So you don't need to contact me anymore. Pop champagne and then rejoice. But just leave me alone. Thank you

    I am not Going to prison for the things that I said, or standing in front of the broken window. Its for walking in Capitol for 2 mins & what the judge says is to serve a deterrence to others since I have a high profile (Which I got after the fact thanks to MSM smear campaign)

    So she has learned nothing.

    She's starting an "anti-cyber bullying nonprofit" so I think she's learned to grift.

    God, it's always fucking projection with these jackholes.

    "Anti-cyber bullying me nonprofit".

    Commander ZoomAbsoluteZeroElvenshaeCaptain InertiaMan in the MistsGnome-Interruptusspool32Moridin889emp123FencingsaxRhesus PositiveLord_AsmodeusEinzelSorceJazzWeaverOrcaA Kobold's KoboldDark_SideMartini_PhilosopherDoctor DetroitmarajiZomroButtersShadowfirebrynhrtmnshrykeAegerivalhalla130RaijuKristmas KthulhuHonkKoopahTroopahsarukunnever dieNobeard
  • ouchiesouchies Registered User regular
    edited November 6
    She’s from Texas, right? She’ll serve her 60 days and then she’ll probably run for Congress. If she runs in a favorable district on the platform of “I stood up for what I believe in and the government sent me to prison for it!” she stands a good shot at winning. That’s another sort of grift, and it’s always grift. Eight people that were present at 1/6 we’re just elected to public office last week, so this is the way we’re going now.

    Edit: and if I, a moron, have thought of this, there is no way some political campaign scouts and operatives haven’t thought of it, either.

    ouchies on
    MorganVAtomikaemp123NetscapeCelestialBadgerFencingsaxElvenshaeSorceJazzXaquinGiantGeek2020AbsoluteZeroSmrtnikMartini_PhilosopherLabelRingoReynoldszepherinShadowfirebrynhrtmnGnome-InterruptusshrykeAegerivalhalla130RaijuMoridin889A Kobold's KoboldKoopahTroopahjimb213Nobeard
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited November 6
    ouchies wrote: »
    She’s from Texas, right? She’ll serve her 60 days and then she’ll probably run for Congress. If she runs in a favorable district on the platform of “I stood up for what I believe in and the government sent me to prison for it!” she stands a good shot at winning. That’s another sort of grift, and it’s always grift. Eight people that were present at 1/6 we’re just elected to public office last week, so this is the way we’re going now.

    Edit: and if I, a moron, have thought of this, there is no way some political campaign scouts and operatives haven’t thought of it, either.

    She's a small-time realtor in north Dallas. Nobody important is going to support a low-success schemer who got caught... it just wouldn't look right.

    idk if all y'all can hear the accent in there but I bet @Atomika knows what I mean

    spool32 on
    AtomikaShadowhopeBigJoeMElvenshaeMartini_PhilosopherzepherinFencingsaxElldrenCaptain InertiaknitdanAegeri
  • AtomikaAtomika Cinema Vampire (alleged) Trans 🏳️‍⚧️ SylvaniaRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    ouchies wrote: »
    She’s from Texas, right? She’ll serve her 60 days and then she’ll probably run for Congress. If she runs in a favorable district on the platform of “I stood up for what I believe in and the government sent me to prison for it!” she stands a good shot at winning. That’s another sort of grift, and it’s always grift. Eight people that were present at 1/6 we’re just elected to public office last week, so this is the way we’re going now.

    Edit: and if I, a moron, have thought of this, there is no way some political campaign scouts and operatives haven’t thought of it, either.

    She's a small-time realtor in north Dallas. Nobody important is going to support a low-success schemer who got caught... it just wouldn't look right.

    idk if all y'all can hear the accent in there but I bet @Atomika knows what I mean

    I’m sure the Huffines machine already has someone more lettered and loathsome groomed and waiting in the wings

    zepherinFencingsaxspool32Man in the MistsVishNub
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I hope they play the ending theme from Curb Your Enthusiasm every single day in her cell.

    Dark_SideGiantGeek2020marajiCaptain InertiaKoopahTroopahNobeard
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited November 6
    nah, that'd be unfair to her cellmates because she certainly isn't going to be in a cell by herself

    but she will have to listen to a lot of rap music and I can guess her opinion on that subject

    Jars on
    Captain InertiaNo-Quarternever die
  • McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    nah, that'd be unfair to her cellmates because she certainly isn't going to be in a cell by herself

    but she will have to listen to a lot of rap music and I can guess her opinion on that subject

    I bet that'll be the only time she keeps it to herself

    PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
    Netscapevalhalla130RaijuMoridin889Sorce
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    McRhyno wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »
    nah, that'd be unfair to her cellmates because she certainly isn't going to be in a cell by herself

    but she will have to listen to a lot of rap music and I can guess her opinion on that subject

    I bet that'll be the only time she keeps it to herself

    So far it seems she is incapable of keeping anything to herself

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    GiantGeek2020Doctor DetroitElvenshaeFencingsaxRhesus PositiveElldrenMatevNitsuaJazzCaptain InertiaApogeeshrykevalhalla130RaijuMan in the MistsA Kobold's KoboldNo-Quartersarukunnever dieNobeard
  • McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    That'll probably extend to her bladder on the first day in the clink.

    PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited November 6
    I think she'll spend most her time making crazy demands like all the other insurrectionists that were jailed. And I'm sure she'll suddenly have a bunch of health issues that need special treatment. Do Federal prisons also do that thing where high profile white people get released after some trivial amount of time because the prison doesn't want to spend all the time and energy protecting them.

    Dark_Side on
    thatassemblyguySleepvalhalla130Mr RayNobeard
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    I think she'll spend most her time making crazy demands like all the other insurrectionists that were jailed. And I'm sure she'll suddenly have a bunch of health issues that need special treatment. Do Federal prisons also do that thing where high profile white people get released after some trivial amount of time because the prison doesn't want to spend all the time and energy protecting them.

    While I wish the courts would rule that extended solitary confinement is unconstitutional for being cruel and unusual, until they do, if she becomes too much of a nightmare because she refuses to do the bare minimum needed to get by (ie, shutting the fuck up), stick her in the SHU.

    Even if they don't want to go to that extreme, there's usually several ways in which an inmate can be protected.

    Smrtnik
Sign In or Register to comment.