As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2021 - PERFECT GIFTING COMPLETED!

17891012

Posts

  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Thank you so much Romanian My Escutcheon!

    Ayyyy! There's more on the way, I guess Amazon ended up splitting those two items off from the rest.

    Enjoy ye Bean Juice and Flatware in the interim!

    [IMG][/img]
    Naphtali
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I love Kauai coffee.

    Bucketman
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I have received another package!
    hc1olzyash2r.jpg
    I have dubbed him Elio.
    Much-curious Elio has left on a journey.
    Thanks Santan!

    steam_sig.png
    BroloRadiationSlacker71JimBobtheMonkeyDrZiplocklonelyahavaAntoshkaRomanian My EscutcheonXaquinSkeithElvenshaeTonkkaArcSynBucketmancj iwakura
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Yay! It got there in one piece!
    Painting is hard, and it's a bit thin because of constraints for the robot, but I was pretty happy with how it turned out. I was going to make a planter for him, but wasn't sure what you'd want to do with it. I know you mentioned not having a lot of shelf space, and I thought maybe fridge magnet, but that doesn't make too much sense. Anyways! Hopefully you like it! I may have more coming out to you.

    PSN: jfrofl
    DrZiplockTofystedethElvenshaeBucketmanThe Zombie Penguin
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    One of his little head spines got a little chipped but it just makes him pointier and more cactus-like. Probably will stick him on the side shelf of my computer desk as it's not a place I have to worry about my cats knocking him off of like the mantle.

    steam_sig.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Ayyyy! There's more on the way, I guess Amazon ended up splitting those two items off from the rest.

    Enjoy ye Bean Juice and Flatware in the interim!

    You were right! More, mooore!

    veqq2enzq21a.png
    ir5qelw1the9.png

    Spooky.

    4tvann7kebe0.png

    But if literature can't scare us, then what can? Television? Pppfffssshhh.

    But you know what isn't scary? Board games!

    u02m1fueugnj.png

    I had a really great time with this game back at PAX South 2020 (rip), and now I have my very own copy! Thank you so very much again for everything RMED!

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    PsykomaMNC DoverSlacker71XaquinlonelyahavaRomanian My EscutcheonTonkkaSkeithRadiationCelloCristovalElvenshaeBucketmanArcSynNoggin
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    so after a whole week of constantly refreshing DHL to read "On Hold"

    something arrived!

    EPbGt86l.jpg

    a very large box that definitely didn't spoil what was inside on the other face

    inside that box:

    E5m6HEFl.jpg


    A beautiful handcrafted crokinole board!

    after reading what the heck crokinole was and how to play

    we quickly put it to use
    e7ea4WXl.jpg

    our first round demonstrating we both have poor dexterity but mine is the poorest...

    This is definitely something I would have probably never encountered otherwise and we're having a blast with the game already

    Thank you so much nameless Satan!

    zkHcp.jpg
    Brololonelyahava#pipeXaquinNaphtaliTonkkaSkeithMNC DoverRadiationCelloPsykomaTofystedethStraightziCristovalDrZiplockSnicketysnickSlacker71Romanian My EscutcheonElvenshaeBucketmanThe Zombie PenguinArcSynLindsay LohanMechMantis
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    A CROKINOLE BOARD

    I AM SO JEALOUS

    MNC DoverRadiationCelloPsykomaTofystedethStraightziDrZiplockXaquinRomanian My EscutcheonElvenshaeThe Zombie PenguinArcSynMechMantis
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I remember I was working at a game store when that video came out and the number of people who thought we just stocked like 20 giant circular tables at all times was astonishing.

    It does look fun as heck to play though

    CelloPsykomaMNC DoverRomanian My EscutcheonElvenshaeBucketman
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Crokinole rules and frankly I only recently learned that this isn't a standard feature of childhoods worldwide, because a lot of Canadian homes have that gigantic wooden disc hanging out behind a couch or bookshelf

    Saw on the local news last year someone made a life-size board played with curling stones on ice and that also looked like a blast

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    Psykoma#pipelonelyahavaMNC DoverDrZiplockXaquinSlacker71Romanian My EscutcheonElvenshae
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    That looks really fun and I've never even heard of it before

    DrZiplockXaquinSlacker71AntoshkaCello
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited January 22
    They played Crokinole as the last round of the Omegathon at PAX East... 2014? I think?

    It was the year after they tried doing Spaceteam, I remember that much.

    Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
    CelloSlacker71
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    We're thinking about moving back to Australia at some point in the next couple years

    and one of the first things I'm going to do when we do is build my own Crokinole board. My dad's workshop has a CNC and a couple laser cutters that would make it a walk in the park.

    CelloinitiatefailurePsykomaSkeithElvenshaeSlacker71Bucketman
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    OH SHIT!
    Santa (pretty sure!), is dropping more gifts! This time in the form of drugs!coffee!
    Pretty sure this is my wifes gift now, but I'm looking forward to trying these. We have an aeropress that we break out sometimes, and I think tomorrow it's going to happen.
    lSLK1uM.jpg

    There was a note, but I think a good chunk of it got cut off.

    Also my daughter may be stealing some of the hero forge gift card. We may need to look into a resin printer, though I'm certainly not going to be doing the painting, so that'd be all on her.

    Super thanks Santa! Sorry to my santa's of x-mas past, but this might be my wife's favorite year.

    I have it on somewhat good authority that the cut off note read as follows:

    "Greetings! The creation of coffee as one of the most addicting substances on the planet was one of my better works as the dark lord. These folks are the best roasters I know and that\'s saying something. May the brew be as dark as your heart. - xoxo, Satan"

    There remains yet another item that shall be delivered unto you once they have been properly infused with both luck and malice.

    Pssst, pssssssssttt......that thing in the mail today that has your entire family asking which one of you ordered it?

    That was this.

    "zip, i dunno what it is about you, but there's something very cat-like about your face. i can't really place it. you'd make a good mountain lion." Hail, Satan!
    MNC DoverlonelyahavaCelloRadiationTonkkaSkeithElvenshaeSlacker71Bucketman
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    OH SHIT!
    Santa (pretty sure!), is dropping more gifts! This time in the form of drugs!coffee!
    Pretty sure this is my wifes gift now, but I'm looking forward to trying these. We have an aeropress that we break out sometimes, and I think tomorrow it's going to happen.
    lSLK1uM.jpg

    There was a note, but I think a good chunk of it got cut off.

    Also my daughter may be stealing some of the hero forge gift card. We may need to look into a resin printer, though I'm certainly not going to be doing the painting, so that'd be all on her.

    Super thanks Santa! Sorry to my santa's of x-mas past, but this might be my wife's favorite year.

    I have it on somewhat good authority that the cut off note read as follows:

    "Greetings! The creation of coffee as one of the most addicting substances on the planet was one of my better works as the dark lord. These folks are the best roasters I know and that\'s saying something. May the brew be as dark as your heart. - xoxo, Satan"

    There remains yet another item that shall be delivered unto you once they have been properly infused with both luck and malice.

    Pssst, pssssssssttt......that thing in the mail today that has your entire family asking which one of you ordered it?

    That was this.

    OH IT DID! My daughter thought I ordered some labradorite ones.
    oQzs414.jpg
    These dice are pretty neat to look at. I've been making some dice vault things and going to have to find a wood to color match this set now (it's that or the 3d printed dagger dice holder thingy). Super thanks santa!

    PSN: jfrofl
    lonelyahavaXaquinTonkkaSkeithElvenshaeArcSynNogginSlacker71AntoshkaBucketman
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    OH SHIT!
    Santa (pretty sure!), is dropping more gifts! This time in the form of drugs!coffee!
    Pretty sure this is my wifes gift now, but I'm looking forward to trying these. We have an aeropress that we break out sometimes, and I think tomorrow it's going to happen.
    lSLK1uM.jpg

    There was a note, but I think a good chunk of it got cut off.

    Also my daughter may be stealing some of the hero forge gift card. We may need to look into a resin printer, though I'm certainly not going to be doing the painting, so that'd be all on her.

    Super thanks Santa! Sorry to my santa's of x-mas past, but this might be my wife's favorite year.

    I have it on somewhat good authority that the cut off note read as follows:

    "Greetings! The creation of coffee as one of the most addicting substances on the planet was one of my better works as the dark lord. These folks are the best roasters I know and that\'s saying something. May the brew be as dark as your heart. - xoxo, Satan"

    There remains yet another item that shall be delivered unto you once they have been properly infused with both luck and malice.

    Pssst, pssssssssttt......that thing in the mail today that has your entire family asking which one of you ordered it?

    That was this.

    OH IT DID! My daughter thought I ordered some labradorite ones.
    oQzs414.jpg
    These dice are pretty neat to look at. I've been making some dice vault things and going to have to find a wood to color match this set now (it's that or the 3d printed dagger dice holder thingy). Super thanks santa!

    Excellent!

    These were designed by a friend of mine who works as a disability consultant for gaming and is also one of the author's of the Candlekeep Mysteries. The coffee is by one of my best friends and his coffee shop/roasting company keeps on being named a top 10 by Food&Wine.

    Glad that the whole family is enjoying it all!

    "zip, i dunno what it is about you, but there's something very cat-like about your face. i can't really place it. you'd make a good mountain lion." Hail, Satan!
    MNC DoverElvenshaeRadiationSkeithSlacker71AntoshkaCello#pipeBucketman
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    OH SHIT!
    Santa (pretty sure!), is dropping more gifts! This time in the form of drugs!coffee!
    Pretty sure this is my wifes gift now, but I'm looking forward to trying these. We have an aeropress that we break out sometimes, and I think tomorrow it's going to happen.
    lSLK1uM.jpg

    There was a note, but I think a good chunk of it got cut off.

    Also my daughter may be stealing some of the hero forge gift card. We may need to look into a resin printer, though I'm certainly not going to be doing the painting, so that'd be all on her.

    Super thanks Santa! Sorry to my santa's of x-mas past, but this might be my wife's favorite year.

    I have it on somewhat good authority that the cut off note read as follows:

    "Greetings! The creation of coffee as one of the most addicting substances on the planet was one of my better works as the dark lord. These folks are the best roasters I know and that\'s saying something. May the brew be as dark as your heart. - xoxo, Satan"

    There remains yet another item that shall be delivered unto you once they have been properly infused with both luck and malice.

    Pssst, pssssssssttt......that thing in the mail today that has your entire family asking which one of you ordered it?

    That was this.

    OH IT DID! My daughter thought I ordered some labradorite ones.
    oQzs414.jpg
    These dice are pretty neat to look at. I've been making some dice vault things and going to have to find a wood to color match this set now (it's that or the 3d printed dagger dice holder thingy). Super thanks santa!

    Excellent!

    These were designed by a friend of mine who works as a disability consultant for gaming and is also one of the author's of the Candlekeep Mysteries. The coffee is by one of my best friends and his coffee shop/roasting company keeps on being named a top 10 by Food&Wine.

    Glad that the whole family is enjoying it all!

    Oh nice! I've been playing through candlekeep as my first campaign, and was thinking of DMing for my daughter and her friends with it.
    Coffee is pretty great, we're digging it so far (and they are only a state over!). I think my daughter and I are in analysis paralysis with what mini to design and if we should print it ourselves or what.
    Thanks again santa!

    PSN: jfrofl
    DrZiplockElvenshaeBucketmanNoggin
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    2igxqc.jpg

    "zip, i dunno what it is about you, but there's something very cat-like about your face. i can't really place it. you'd make a good mountain lion." Hail, Satan!
    NaphtaliMNC DoverRadiationSlacker71XaquinSkeith#pipeElvenshaeBucketman
  • Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Registered User regular
    Belated on posting but I was gifted! No name but it’s so very clearly a gift from this it’s easy to say I got gifted. How easy to tell you ask? This easy:
    yq1pkafs82a5.jpeg

    Thank you Satan!

    PsykomalonelyahavaSlacker71RadiationMNC DoverNaphtaliBroloDrZiplockXaquinRomanian My EscutcheonLost SalientTonkkaArcSynBucketman
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    @Romanian My Escutcheon was this more (more?!) of your dark works?

    m9oh9otjthij.jpg

    An 8 TB NAS hard drive showed up at my door, covered in brimstone! You shouldn't have! However this is great, it will further nourish the dark engines that power my Plex server. Thank you!

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    BroloSlacker71XaquinRomanian My EscutcheonAntoshkaPsykomaSporkAndrewArcSynElvenshaeSkeithBucketmanjclastNoggin
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Belated on posting but I was gifted! No name but it’s so very clearly a gift from this it’s easy to say I got gifted. How easy to tell you ask? This easy:
    yq1pkafs82a5.jpeg

    Thank you Satan!

    H₵Z
    ₵И₵
    IJ⊢

    indeed

    Slacker71NaphtaliMNC DoverLost SalientTonkkaKadithBrovid HasselsmofSporkAndrewBlackhawk1313ElvenshaeSkeithjclastMechMantis
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Who is the keeper of chains this year?

    "zip, i dunno what it is about you, but there's something very cat-like about your face. i can't really place it. you'd make a good mountain lion." Hail, Satan!
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I did some chains, but I only do them when I'm at my PC because the size of the post makes my phone chug. I'll update them later today.

    Bucketman
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    I did some chains, but I only do them when I'm at my PC because the size of the post makes my phone chug. I'll update them later today.

    Oh no worries at all, Smof! Just like watching everything come together as we near the conclusion.

    "zip, i dunno what it is about you, but there's something very cat-like about your face. i can't really place it. you'd make a good mountain lion." Hail, Satan!
    Xaquin
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited February 7
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Smof, you are the most amazing!

    PSN: jfrofl
    KadithElvenshaeAntoshkaSlacker71XaquinjclastMNC DoverDrZiplockBucketmanTofystedethPerrsunSkeith
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Thank you Smof!

    Dear my Satan, I hope you reveal yourself at some point, I love me those hot sauces

    StraightziElvenshae
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    In a past year, I thought I’d copy @Raijin Quickfoot ’s trend of posting an image every time somebody perished to LDB by posting my own thing…

    Maybe a cover of Fleetwood Mac’s The Chain every time a chain was completed.

    And then either we ended with secret links in chains, or I gave up before finding a complete chain.

    I still have that playlist on YouTube… waiting to be unleashed some day.

    ElvenshaeBucketmanSlacker71
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 4
    Hey, once again, are there any people who have not received

    any sort of gift, or
    had no communication with their satan, or
    have not sent out their gifts yet

    I've poked a few people about sending things, but I'm not sure where we're at for confirmations yet

    please PM me or post in the thread if you're still waiting

    Brolo on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Holy shit I just realized I never posted the last gift I received. This came in like 2 weeks ago Friday, but I wasn't sober when I opened the package and took pictures, so I figured I made the post. Oops!
    Anyway! Here's my new Super Saiyan Rainbow lego minifigure posters.

    We have Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Berserker in the first one
    k4fiom51mi5m.jpg

    And then Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan and regular Super Saiyan on the second one!
    193xvxq3cgyn.jpg

    I'll need to buy some frames to chuck these in and then need to figure out where they'll go.

    Thanks again, @Blackhawk1313

    MNC DoverlonelyahavaBroloNaphtaliXaquinTonkkaElvenshaeBucketmanRadiationAntoshkaRomanian My EscutcheonDrZiplockPerrsunSlacker71CristovalNoggin
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited February 7
    Well, the post-holiday rush ended up being a lot worse than I'd anticipated, but the good news is that I finally have a sec to share the goodies my dark benefactor sent out!

    The first wave involved a tantalizing pair of digital delights...
    TLyBORQ.png

    BjWasTV.png

    daFe67X.png

    I very much enjoy the juxtaposition of chill music flower vibes and tense zombie horror vibes, definitely gonna sink some time in these.

    And then came a pair of packages! And one of the packages contained... another package!? Well, a box. It contained a box. A box containing another box, but not the kind you're thinking of!
    XRd9nHv.jpg

    FdAtrxq.jpg

    6CjNoNL.jpg

    Dice! And technically a d6 is a box, so it's a box inside of a box inside of a box! Triplicate box.

    And speaking of boxes, there was another box inside of another box, and this box contained further digital delights!
    9utday5.jpg

    WiDa8cR.jpg

    My Switch library could definitely use a couple more titles, and Moonlighter is a game I've been meaning to check out for a while, so this works out twice as well!

    And finally, here's the full physical haul put together...
    FjzLQon.jpg

    @anoffday You did a wonderful job, I'm really looking forward to sinking some time into these games, and those dice will definitely see some use... Nat 1s and all. :rotate:

    Hope you're doing well, and thanks for these Dark Works; it's been a bit of a rough post-holiday period, and these have helped immensely, thank you so much!!! <3

    Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
    XaquinTonkkaCelloMNC DoverBucketmanlonelyahavaNaphtaliSnicketysnickBroloArcSynRadiationSlacker71jclastanoffdayCristovalLindsay LohanNogginAntoshkaTofystedeth
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Huh, usually I fuck up the "secret" part of secret Satan's but I guess I really managed to pull it off this year, or my giftee is good at holdin' their tongue.

  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Unless I missed something, my santa didn't leave any clues; which is fine, just wasn't sure if they wanted to be known.

    MYZIAX4.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yeah I just got my box of hot sauce. Which had no message, and I didn't buy them, so I assumed they came from my Secret Satan. Still would love to know what they are!

    Its me, I'm the least secret Satan!

    BroloSlacker71RadiationElvenshaeSkeith
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    If there was an award for most mistakes in keeping your identity a secret I'm positive I would've won this year.

    zkHcp.jpg
    CristovalCello
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    If there was an award for most mistakes in keeping your identity a secret I'm positive I would've won this year.

    Zero mistakes in gift giving though! Five stars!!!

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    MNC DoverCristovalElvenshaeRadiationE.CoyotePsykomaKadithSlacker71Skeith
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    If there was an award for most mistakes in keeping your identity a secret I'm positive I would've won this year.

    I did one the other year where I intended to keep it secret until the last thing arrived, but the recipient was like I got a package from Wichita and I only know one forumer in this from there, so Hi!

    steam_sig.png
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Satan! The theft continues! My daughter had D&D group at the library and I've been making these dice storage things. She grabbed one from the reject pile (either the wood warped or screws broke off), and we engraved the bee design she picked out.
    tVUHMAm.jpg
    Thanks again!

    PSN: jfrofl
    BroloMNC DoverNaphtaliArcSynElvenshaeXaquinAntoshkalonelyahavaPsykomaE.CoyoteDrZiplockBucketmanKadithSkeith
This discussion has been closed.