As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Harder They [Chat]

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    What's the blockchain?
    Honestly, it's not important.

Really? Then why are these people jerking off about it?
    I dunno why do people jerk off to simulated incest?

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    *sips coffee*

You know, what is the difference between rock and stone?

One always wants to know how you feel about his prowess in the kitchen, the other one just issues ultimatums.

bah my gawd

as gawd is my witness he is broken in half

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVm-FY-9X5M

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    What's the blockchain?

https://youtu.be/_eRRab36XLI

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    You've got four stone of rock there.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    *sips coffee*

I always vaguely assumed that rock was raw material and stone was what you got after you mined/collected rock but apparently they're just synonymous.

(to the tune of Power Rangers)

go go English language!

I feel like size has something to do with it as well

Like, something you could close your fist around is definitely a stone, not a rock

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    *sips coffee*

I always vaguely assumed that rock was raw material and stone was what you got after you mined/collected rock but apparently they're just synonymous.

go go English language!

Like, something you could close your fist around is definitely a stone, not a rock

senhxgngbv6f.png

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    *sips coffee*

go go English language!

I feel the opposite!

Stone lifting competitions

Throwing rocks at windows

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/Qz1XKVvHroo

Where is the "John - don't do this, John" from

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    navgoose wrote: »
    Cryptocurrency is not my thing. I think its silly and bound to implode one day. It seems obviously made for illicit transactions, scams, and wild speculation.

But I understand it.

I cant quite figure out the point of NFTs though. Do they have any legality?

yeah.

you own the token, and possession is nine-tenths of the law, so they're 90% legal.

Except the token has zero actual legal power as a proof of ownership.

So it's literally the "Certificate of Authenticity" you got when you ordered a commemorative plate from infomercials.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    *sips coffee*

go go English language!

I'd actually go the other way

Like a rock is something you can pick up whereas stone to me always implies construction of some type (stone countertop, stone wall, stone building, etc.)

The only time I really hear "stone" used to refer to something small is a skipping stone

This is probably a UK/US thing though

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Car is in the shop, I'm at the gym, which, I guess kinda means I'm also in the shop.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    did you know the rock does pharmaceutical ads
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IZrYeUX3MI

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Hmm, I think the blockchain is kind of conceptually important! People trying to build a network of exchange that doesn't require central authority or trust, and running into the problems of enforcement in the absence of those things — these are interesting things to discuss

The rug pulls and scams are a fundamental part of the concept

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Hmm, I think the blockchain is kind of conceptually important! People trying to build a network of exchange that doesn't require central authority or trust, and running into the problems of enforcement in the absence of those things — these are interesting things to discuss

This mayor says he wants to get his first few paychecks in bitcoin tho so I think the discussion that he wants to have happen might not be the same one you're thinking of.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I've put in for PTO for deer season opening day on Monday :biggrin:

Just a lot to figure out, still, among that being the logistics of a one car household and my needing to get out to the woods before sunrise, and my wife needing to drop my kiddo off at daycare. :-/ I don't know. MIL and FIL visiting, maybe.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    did you know the rock does pharmaceutical ads
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IZrYeUX3MI

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular

Just a lot to figure out, still, among that being the logistics of a one car household and my needing to get out to the woods before sunrise, and my wife needing to drop my kiddo off at daycare.

Clearly you're camping overnight.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Why the fudge muffin is the forum asking for permissions for access to my VR devices?

• Options
    joshgotro wrote: »

Just a lot to figure out, still, among that being the logistics of a one car household and my needing to get out to the woods before sunrise, and my wife needing to drop my kiddo off at daycare.

Clearly you're camping overnight.

I don't even know if I'm permitted. It's a HAP parcel with a sign-in. I need to call and ask how early I can get there and all that good stuff.

I could have my wife drop me off at like 6am right when kiddo wakes up? I don't know if that's early enough to get a slot.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Why the fudge muffin is the forum asking for permissions for access to my VR devices?

Didn't you hear? The forums will now function entirely by obligatory metaverse integration

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Crypto is also an object lesson in how you're not just going to I N N O V A T E your way to anarchist utopia; creating one new system doesn't disconnect you from existing systems, and you need to thoughtfully construct communities to support social organization in any form

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    What's the blockchain?

so people like the blockchain because of deep seated cultural taboos and millennia of assortative mating strategies?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    SJ have you hunted before

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I'm still waiting to hear someone explain how once the collapse happens crypto is going to continue working when the computer networks required to facilitate transactions no longer, you know, exist.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    navgoose wrote: »
    Cryptocurrency is not my thing. I think its silly and bound to implode one day. It seems obviously made for illicit transactions, scams, and wild speculation.

But I understand it.

I cant quite figure out the point of NFTs though. Do they have any legality?

yeah.

you own the token, and possession is nine-tenths of the law, so they're 90% legal.

Except the token has zero actual legal power as a proof of ownership.

So it's literally the "Certificate of Authenticity" you got when you ordered a commemorative plate from infomercials.

yes, except significantly harder to counterfeit

which would matter if those certificates had an value whatsoever but

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Hey everyone, Deep Rock Galactic is 50% off and it's fucking delightful! They just added a bunch of stuff which is nice but mostly I want to play with non-randoms so more PA folks need to buy it.

Edit: And most importantly for a multiplayer game, it's fun when you play solo and it's been nothing but fun when I play with random folks. No real chat needed since the objectives are pretty straightforward and you can mostly achieve them by just sort of bumbling around and trying not to stray too far from your team.

@durandal4532 ROCK AND STONE BROTHER

Add me on Steam, I'm down

@SummaryJudgment ooh add me both of you, I’m casualeddy and liked that game a bunch

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Organichu wrote: »

Nope, first time

alternatively, [McLovin] yea, for a partyyy[/McLovin]

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

I think it's pretty easy to argue that the blockchain is meaningless because we didn't make meaningful progress toward building a network of change that doesn't require central authority or trust, due to the predictable two problems of existing power structures deploying their monopoly on force against it and of bad-faith actors doing antisocial things

sig.gif
  • Options
    would you be pissed if an Intergalactic Federation of aliens had a cryptocurrency based economy and were right now under the ocean mining Earth Shitcoin space bucks from deep sea volcanic vents

tbh i wouldnt be pissed and think it would trend on twitter for a week before everyone forgets about it

• Options

Nope, first time

you know

traditionally for your first time, you're the quarry

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Crypto is also an object lesson in how you're not just going to I N N O V A T E your way to anarchist utopia; creating one new system doesn't disconnect you from existing systems, and you need to thoughtfully construct communities to support social organization in any form

Maybe in the accelerationist sense, wherein Bitcoin causes society to collapse!
    I don't think that will happen, realistically the buy-in nature of crypto fundamentally just reinforces and exacerbates existing social stratification in a way the further alienates the majority of people from levers of power. Crypto will either always exist in this sort of parasitic relationship with state power or will integrate into it directly, depending on how the existing financial apparatus decides to tackle it.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

These are interesting things for a technical audience. They're tremendously unimportant when it comes to the layperson's understanding. Rug pulls are conceptually divorced from blockchain and you could rug pull on virtually any sort of investment.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    it costs like $25 to move crypto from wallet to wallet, and as I understand it, that's just going to go up into perpetuity

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    donk you never answered my kvm query! how dare thee!

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    it costs like $25 to move crypto from wallet to wallet, and as I understand it, that's just going to go up into perpetuity

What's the broker's fee for trading a stock?

• Options
    You don't really want the masses understanding how finance works anyway, that causes all sorts of inconveniences

• Options
    Eventually crypto bros will just realize that all they need to do to ensure that the value of their currency and ownership is respected is to have the monopoly on violence

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Elldren wrote: »

Nope, first time

you know

traditionally for your first time, you're the quarry

mmm

I was hoping for venison but I'd settle for long pig

who knows, maybe I'll develop a taste for it

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

What's the broker's fee for trading a stock?

Stocks aren't supposed to be used as currency

• Options
    donk you never answered my kvm query! how dare thee!

I like this brand:
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=BuyTESmart&rh=n:172282,n:541966&dc&qid=1636579537&rnid=2941120011&ref=sr_nr_n_4

I have this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0888V49FY/

Buy the one with the port type and quantity that you need.

This discussion has been closed.