As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy the 14th: End of the World Starts Now!

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Managed to get into Bismarck EX on duty finder, and as long as you have some people who know what they're doing, it's actually pretty easy- I might even say it's the easiest of the EX fights to clear at level. I got a few drops out of it- the weapon didn't drop (was ninja knives), but I got the material and the weapon chest, so that was nice.

Even nicer was the fact Warring Triad unlocked after the Bismarck fight, which was a nice surprise. I'm still going to queue for the Ravana fight off and on and see what I can do.

I'm also trying to unlock Shiva EX, because I intend to farm the fuck out of it for the pony.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    The Warring Triad unlocks after completing Gods of Eld, the same quest that unlocks Bismarck EX and Ravana EX.

• Options
    It does? I was under the impression you still had to beat Ravana EX and Bismarck EX to access it.

I hope people still run Warring Triad…

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    you are possibly the first person I've ever heard of having success using duty finder for EX fights outside of JP servers.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    you are possibly the first person I've ever heard of having success using duty finder for EX fights outside of JP servers.

I think it also has to do with the fact it’s easier for tanks or healers to get into parties other than DPS, but yeah, I have been lucky getting Garuda and Bismarck clears.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

The only EX I've ever finished is Ultima Weapon EX, which I queued for in DF not knowing what an EX fight was as soon as I unlocked it, and we beat it in like 15 minutes
    Never been successful on any other one I've tried (Garuda, Shiva, Ifrit)

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Is there no way to see if you already have a TT card when they drop as loot? I always feel like a dick when I win one I thought I didn't have.

I roll on every card. Selling cards for MGP is legit. Alliance raid bosses give 1500 MGP. Can't tell you how many 9S cards I've dumped.

What is MPG? Every time I try to vendor a duplicate card it won’t let me. So I’ve just started passing on them so I don’t have to delete them later.

Go to the Gold Saucer and make your way to the Entrance/Card Squares area. It's where the mount and equipment vendor is (and the mini cactpots/scratch tickets). There is a vendor called something like "MGP Exchange" and you can sell your dups for MGP there.

If you haven't unlocked the Gold Saucer, it's worth the short quests to do so. The games are fun and you can get some cool rewards.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'm gamer mad about how long it's been since the gold saucer got new glam options

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    The patch notes sad new mgp rewards added but I haven't gone there to see if it's cool stuff or nonsense

• Options
    The additions to the Gold Saucer for endwalker have been Fashion Accessory Glasses, and furniture

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Cross-posting from SE++:

Decided to hang up my Highlander and embrace the Femroe that calls to me. I've tried my best to keep the, i dunno, 'spirit' of the old character alive while also embracing tall and chiseled.

Did I do good? Do I keep?

(Couple of different job glams for reference).

Dark Knight:
    5tp1oacza0cl.jpg
    w6gl477q3fof.jpg

Black Mage:
    clvsw1z0jxum.jpg
    c62e85oeqggz.jpg

Machinist:
    7zbz46o1izj8.jpg
    xk06g2m237rg.jpg

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Are the 2-sign and 3-sign buffs of Astrodyne for self only, or partywide? The reason I ask is because only the 1-sign effect states that it's for "own MP" whereas the other two do not ever say the word "own."

If they are party buffs, does the 3-sign damage dealt buff stack with the damage buff of Divination? Or stack with the single-target damage buff of the cards? Could I conceivably throw out 2 or 3 cards, hit Divination, and hit a 3-sign Astrodyne and create a triple damage buff?

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Are the 2-sign and 3-sign buffs of Astrodyne for self only, or partywide? The reason I ask is because only the 1-sign effect states that it's for "own MP" whereas the other two do not ever say the word "own."

If they are party buffs, does the 3-sign damage dealt buff stack with the damage buff of Divination? Or stack with the single-target damage buff of the cards? Could I conceivably throw out 2 or 3 cards, hit Divination, and hit a 3-sign Astrodyne and create a triple damage buff?

It's self.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Did I do good? Do I keep?

You done good. You keep.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    This is why people play Roegadyn:

8wnkAOJ.png

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    dQ0FVbd.jpg

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Leveling SMN now, and while the new job (it's a new job) works, and works pretty well, I gotta be honest; I kinda miss old SMN.

I hope that, whatever new jobs they add in future xpacks, brings dot heavy gameplay to one of them. Chemist or something, with poisons? I dunno.

Old SMN, while not really feeling like a summoner, in retrospect, had a unique flavor that's kinda just gone from the game now.

Maybe it was too hard to balance? Probably. But again, I hope we see it again in some form, on another job.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    I definitely get the sense that they don't really know what they want to do with a dot-based job given they've slowly de-emphasized dots from most classes

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Is there a way to tell the game to stop putting random shit in my bags?

Nothing worse than queuing for a dungeon as the role in need, expecting to get some cracked clusters as a reward, and then you kill the end boss and find out your cracked clusters disappeared into the ether because you didn't notice that they were shoving other random shit in your bags throughout the rest of the dungeon.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Nope. And there's also no way to get that stuff back if it doesn't enter your inventory first, it's gone forever

• Options
    The thing that really baffles me is how gear gets in my bags. I pretty much pass on everything in low level dungeons. And yet somehow I still find random pieces of armor in my bags after the run, even if I 100% pass on everything. They need to cut that out.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    If everyone passes it automatically random rolls everyone, I believe? At least, I have experienced the same thing and that was my assumption.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    The thing that really baffles me is how gear gets in my bags. I pretty much pass on everything in low level dungeons. And yet somehow I still find random pieces of armor in my bags after the run, even if I 100% pass on everything. They need to cut that out.

That's because leveling dungeons automatically give you a piece of gear for your spec when you finish them. That and materia are the only things that'll get shoved in your bag without rolling.

We don't want them to cut that out.

admanb on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    It's how I get complete glamour sets when a dungeon's gear tickles my fancy.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

That's because leveling dungeons automatically give you a piece of gear for your spec when you finish them. That and materia are the only things that'll get shoved in your bag without rolling.

You're gonna have to explain why we don't want them to cut that out. I do not see a benefit to getting low level materia that I will never use, and low level gear that I will just vendor after the run for 100gil shoved in my bag. It's a waste of space.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2022

You're gonna have to explain why we don't want them to cut that out. I do not see a benefit to getting low level materia that I will never use, and low level gear that I will just vendor after the run for 100gil shoved in my bag. It's a waste of space.

Because it guarantees that people who are leveling will get drops they can use each run. Also useful when you're trying to complete a set for glamour purposes.

The drops are also worth more to convert to GC seals instead of vendoring, but.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Desynthing or turning in for gc seals is a much better idea. If all you're doing is vendoring it, that would explain why you feel irritated by it.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

Also, how is your inventory so full? There's a bit of irony here.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It is a little unreasonable to want the removal of guaranteed levelling drops that are very useful for new players or those gathering alt job gear or glamour gear, simply because you either don't manage your inventory or don't take advantage of the multiple ways to make use of low level gear. Even if all you were doing is vendoring, right clicking on a few items every other day to clear out bags is hardly onerous.

• Options
    I mean, a toggle to prevent auto-loots would be a very reasonable request.

But yeah my inventory is a mess. It's a little bit of everything. Gear I still need for alt jobs that doesn't fit in my armory chest. Random things like potions, food, a phoenix down, all that. And admittedly I am carrying a bunch of Ishgard Restoration mats right now because I'm in the process of leveling my crafting jobs. Pre-Endwalker I actually freed up as many as 20 inventory spaces. But the situation has gotten out of control again.

I don't know what to use GC seals for though. I'm always capped. Like always. I know you can buy glamour prisms and dispel prisms, and I buy those when I need more, but the accumulation rate of seals way outpaces the expenditure rate. And there's still, in general just so much I don't know about the game in terms of what to do with everything. I'm always capped on Poetics too. I buy gear for alt jobs when I need it, but Poetics stack up FAST and most of the time I'm just capped on them.

I've been inside the Gold Saucer exactly 1 time ever and that was for story. I've never been in there just to do stuff. It was a quick in and out thing. Anyway, I know I'm terribly inefficient with currencies, but that's because I don't know what to do with it all so it just tends to stack up.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Spend GC seals on Ventures for your retainers.

Also, Poetics can solve the issue for all of your alt jobs.

Buy the Augmented Ironworks, Shire, Scaevan, and Cryptlurker sets for each role - Fending, Healing, Maiming, Aiming, Casting - and keep those in your armoury chest. That gear will cover every single piece of gear every single job will ever need from 1-89 & you do not need to keep anything else. It's a lot of gear - four rows per category, if you wanted to keep literally all of it. But it means you need no other gear in the armoury chest except for jobs you are playing at max level and DOH/DOL, and there's another 15 slots free for all of that, which should be sufficient.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Or dark matter for repairing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    The two most obvious non-consumable uses for GC seals are probably the gambling boxes for minions etc and duck bones for gil. In addition to ventures there is also the cordials for DoL.

If you are looking to play alts then the various end of expansion sets tends to be a good investment for tombstones, especially for tank/healer/mdps since you get a lot of value out very little inventory space.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Or the minion/mount lootboxes.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    As far as I'm aware, in FFXIV there is literally no gear that you can't get again if you get rid of it and later do want it. There might be a few legacy exceptions from very old content that i'm not aware of, but you're unlikely to stumble into those by accident and not realise what you have.

Every piece of gear can either be earned from;
    • Running the content where it drops again
    • Visiting the Calamity Salvager to re-buy quest rewards
    • Re-earned by whatever currency it used to begin with (like Poetics gear)
    • Crafted

This means that realistically if you are not currently using a piece of gear for a job, and don't like it for glamour, you can just ditch it. You're unlikely to need it again, and if you really do, the most you'll be out is a bit of time to go get it again. The only items I wouldn't get rid of are Augmented Ironworks/Shire/Scaevan/Cryptlurker for the reasons mentioned in my previous post, but even then, once you, for example, have all four tank classes at level 70, you know you won't need Ironworks or Shire fending gear again, so you COULD get rid of it. A few thousand poetics is a hefty cost to re-buy it if you needed it for a new tank class, but losing multiple armoury chest slots for years just on the off chance they add a new tank class that starts at level 50 or something would be pointless.

You can extend this logic to more or less every item for every job - if it's for a job that has outlevelled it, unless you like the glamour for the item, ditch it.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I got WAR up to 60 in HW, and recently I bought a level skip to 80, and I feel fucking invincible. I've been doing FATEs in Thavnair, just wading into full packs of enemies and not dodging AOEs, and all our takes to go from 10% HP to full is Raw Intuition and one Overpower.

• Options
    Or teleports to your CG headquarters

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular

I've completed a whole bunch of them via mentor roulette

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Yes, the Aethyr tickets are basically a second free teleport because it's so easy to gain seals.

I typically buy Dark Matter for repairs, Venture coins, and more GC Aethyr tickets when I'm close to cap.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    EW intro zones spoiler - does every race look like this during this part or am I just lucky?
    681onulqtavw.png

They all look fantastic

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.