As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]erwauling

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i'm going to assume you are posting very good videos because i can't get them to load at work

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    yr1ohxuzog47.jpg

Weaver on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    one of the lads at 5 a side isn't very good and doesn't really know much about football

which is absolutely fine

except he doesn't know how to tackle people and literally every single week manages to injure someone

this week was my turn and he full on knee'd me in the balls

that shouldn't happen in football!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    doesn't know how to tackle or is an elaborate troll

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i'm going to assume you are posting very good videos because i can't get them to load at work

cat-paper-shredder_rm9rfh.jpeg

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Is there any weekly club I could join to discretely knee people in the balls? Ideally without getting knee'd back?

• Options
    doesn't know how to tackle or is an elaborate troll

he also doesn't know how to kick the ball or run with it but those are less pressing issues

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Cats with bad attitudes

• Options
    i haven't played at all in like 20 years i wonder how bad i would be

• Options
    not that i was ever particularly good

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Turf or grass?

• Options
  • Options
    Winky wrote: »
    Cats with bad attitudes

cattitudes

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    They made a lot more of these WoW action figures than I realized!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    one of the lads at 5 a side isn't very good and doesn't really know much about football

which is absolutely fine

except he doesn't know how to tackle people and literally every single week manages to injure someone

this week was my turn and he full on knee'd me in the balls

that shouldn't happen in football!

sounds like a job for an enforcer

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I too like cats.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Is there any weekly club I could join to discretely knee people in the balls?

yes
    Ideally without getting knee'd back?

no

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options

you'd be surprised how much of it sticks

we have guys who've basically never kicked a ball and they just don't have co-ordination or touch like the people who played when they were younger

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

you'd be surprised how much of it sticks

we have guys who've basically never kicked a ball and they just don't have co-ordination or touch like the people who played when they were younger

What if I played when I was younger but didn’t have coordination or touch then?

• Options
    speaking of pets my 3yo nephew apparently wants a dog and my sister asked him what they would name one if they get one and he said it should be named "Compromise"

• Options
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Turf or grass?

astroturf aye

horrible on the knees and even worse to slide on

• Options
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Turf or grass?

astroturf aye

Two hand touch I'm never sliding on turf.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Orion is looking for the cats hiding inside my computer

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    is there anyone in a position of power in academia who isn't a giant piece of shit?

• Options
    Turf or grass?

astroturf aye

Two hand touch I'm never sliding on turf.

the other football but also yes

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Google Cloud seems to be having a bit of a senior moment.

• Options
    is there anyone in a position of power in academia who isn't a giant piece of shit?

@Arc…

Oh wait you said power

😉

• Options
    I’m too cowardly

• Options
    i guess "tenured professor treats others with respect" doesn't tend to make headlines

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Google Cloud seems to be having a bit of a senior moment.

old cloud yells at man

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    i guess "tenured professor treats others with respect" doesn't tend to make headlines

#NotAllProfs

Wait.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    i mean i will grant i was never an academic but having lived academia adjacent for a time it seemed like the entire enterprise was a cesspool

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Two "Emergencies" come down the pipe to me where everyone wants things done immediately.

In both instances I need something from these people (i.e. the software) and fast forward to an hour later and I have nothing, and one of the PM's just IM'd me how it was going.

I am not staying late for this.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

Presumably yes, but the giant pieces of shit make up either a sizeable minority or the actual majority of people in power in academia

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    someone i'm fb friends with just posted up something that started with "our beautiful Ellie was taken away from us at only 4 years old. I'm heartbroken but she's with God now" and it took me reading like 9 comments to realise that ellie was a dog

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I guess Thyrfing made a Totally Not GoT Theme Song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDTHS1zMrdc

This discussion has been closed.