As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Heroes of the Storm] time for the monthly Blizzard employee walk-out!

milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
edited November 16 in Games and Technology
eL0R1EG.png

What's new?
  • Nothing. Game's dead.

Don't support Blizzard Entertainment.

milk ducks on
tyrantula22BahamutZEROMechMantisfortyMNC DoverAegeriIncenjucarApogeedispatch.oCantido
«13456789

Posts

  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I genuinely appreciate this thread's antipathy for each new iteration and worsening of Blizzard's bullshit that comes to light.

    It's a welcome... difference.

    Dibbymilk duckstyrantula22SmrtnikfortyMNC DoverWhelkAegeriIncenjucar
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Oh wow. Bobby Kotick is a sociopath.

    You can't see my face right now but it's my surprised face.

    kimemilk ducksWhelkIncenjucar
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Floyd. He'll prob give up his 'salary' as penance and dance all the way to the bank from options and 3 golden chutes.

    dwnj6ci09f2t.jpg

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
    milk ducks
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    I genuinely appreciate this thread's antipathy for each new iteration and worsening of Blizzard's bullshit that comes to light.

    It's a welcome... difference.

    It's just ducks' antipathy. We all dislike Blizzard though, but ducks is one of the few who still posts in the thread and also thinks the game is entirely dead :P

    But seriously don't give Blizzard money

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Give me money

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    Whelk
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I've been thinking about this game lately.

    Also, hello everyone!

    Too bad this game is dead now. I was just thinking about how Illidan was (maybe still is?) the ultimate chase character, and there's no getting away from a good Illidan.

    I was also thinking about how totally fucking awesome Auriel is. And also Morales. Love me some medic. Also also Kerrigan was difficult to play but really good in the right hands (not my hands (god no, I sucked at Kerrigan)). Triple also, man LiLi was great. I was a LiLi main there for a while. Also Brighting. Before the nerfs. Back when Brightwing was good. Brightwing was my one true main (pre-nerfs).

  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Actually ia anyone still playing D2?

    My usual streamers ran through it in a week and that's it.

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I followed the advice of don't support Blizzard by not getting D2 even though I like playing Diablo
    It was not a surprise it is a buggy mess

    I have no idea how to play certain characters like Brightwing I see the heals in game but I have no idea how to spec him or even play it. Even in AI games where you are set up to lose is becoming a common theme as I try to learn characters I have no idea how to play since the weekly brawl doesn't have the box but still the random element to it {and a map I hate}

  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    The Diablo thread still active, almost all of it is D2 related at this point.

    SmrtnikBrainleech
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Diablo 3 is dead and Diablo 4 isn't real and can't hurt you

    *nods affirmatively*

    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Apogee
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I've been thinking about this game lately.

    Also, hello everyone!

    Too bad this game is dead now. I was just thinking about how Illidan was (maybe still is?) the ultimate chase character, and there's no getting away from a good Illidan.

    I was also thinking about how totally fucking awesome Auriel is. And also Morales. Love me some medic. Also also Kerrigan was difficult to play but really good in the right hands (not my hands (god no, I sucked at Kerrigan)). Triple also, man LiLi was great. I was a LiLi main there for a while. Also Brighting. Before the nerfs. Back when Brightwing was good. Brightwing was my one true main (pre-nerfs).

    (It's not dead)

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    MNC DoverMMMigNobody
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I've been thinking about this game lately.

    Also, hello everyone!

    Too bad this game is dead now. I was just thinking about how Illidan was (maybe still is?) the ultimate chase character, and there's no getting away from a good Illidan.

    I was also thinking about how totally fucking awesome Auriel is. And also Morales. Love me some medic. Also also Kerrigan was difficult to play but really good in the right hands (not my hands (god no, I sucked at Kerrigan)). Triple also, man LiLi was great. I was a LiLi main there for a while. Also Brighting. Before the nerfs. Back when Brightwing was good. Brightwing was my one true main (pre-nerfs).

    Brightwing is super good right now and is getting banned at every level.

    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    kimeMMMig
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Yeah hots isn't dead. Most queue times are pretty quick, at all tiers I think.


    Just don't expect it to change much and don't spend a single dollar on it.

    Maybe if Floyd gets ousted I might actually spend some real $ as celebration and a nod to Blizz. Like that'll ever happen though...

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
    kimefortyDeliciousTacosMoridin889
  • tyrantula22tyrantula22 Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I've been thinking about this game lately.

    Also, hello everyone!

    Too bad this game is dead now. I was just thinking about how Illidan was (maybe still is?) the ultimate chase character, and there's no getting away from a good Illidan.

    I was also thinking about how totally fucking awesome Auriel is. And also Morales. Love me some medic. Also also Kerrigan was difficult to play but really good in the right hands (not my hands (god no, I sucked at Kerrigan)). Triple also, man LiLi was great. I was a LiLi main there for a while. Also Brighting. Before the nerfs. Back when Brightwing was good. Brightwing was my one true main (pre-nerfs).

    (It's not dead)

    It might not be *dead* dead, but come on. The game is at least in a coma and on life support. Just because people still play a game doesn't mean it isn't dead. People still play old games like Tribes, does that mean it isn't dead? Dibby just called D3 dead, but people still play that and I'm pretty sure it gets more dev attention (or at least not any less) than HOTS does.

    (does this mean it's time to restart the discussion of what classifies a dead game?)

    Battletag: Tyrantula22#1623
    Steam ID
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 17
    kime wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I've been thinking about this game lately.

    Also, hello everyone!

    Too bad this game is dead now. I was just thinking about how Illidan was (maybe still is?) the ultimate chase character, and there's no getting away from a good Illidan.

    I was also thinking about how totally fucking awesome Auriel is. And also Morales. Love me some medic. Also also Kerrigan was difficult to play but really good in the right hands (not my hands (god no, I sucked at Kerrigan)). Triple also, man LiLi was great. I was a LiLi main there for a while. Also Brighting. Before the nerfs. Back when Brightwing was good. Brightwing was my one true main (pre-nerfs).

    (It's not dead)

    It might not be *dead* dead, but come on. The game is at least in a coma and on life support. Just because people still play a game doesn't mean it isn't dead. People still play old games like Tribes, does that mean it isn't dead? Dibby just called D3 dead, but people still play that and I'm pretty sure it gets more dev attention (or at least not any less) than HOTS does.

    (does this mean it's time to restart the discussion of what classifies a dead game?)

    No. That discussion is dead.

    MNC Dover on
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    kimeA Dabble Of Theloniustyrantula22MMMigAegerifortyShadowfire
  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    The copium fumes in this thread are honestly so thick that folks in other first-page threads get contact highs.

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    The copium fumes in this thread are honestly so thick that folks in other first-page threads get contact highs.

    You don't have to post here

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    WhelkNeurotikaA Dabble Of TheloniusGroveKwoaruMMMigAegeriShadowfireTim is on the Internet
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    The copium fumes in this thread are honestly so thick that folks in other first-page threads get contact highs.

    I was going to ask what copium is, but have decided I'd probably be better off not knowing.

    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    SeGaTai
  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    You don't have to post here

    Are you kidding? Kime, I live for it.

    MNC Dovertyrantula22fortyDibby
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    You don't have to post here

    Are you kidding? Kime, I live for it.

    I guess like.... as someone who enjoys talking about this game and playing this game, your posts are starting to go from "always negative" (which is annoying in excess already), more to "increasingly condescending"? More and more as though you are trying to put down any positive feelings anyone else has here.

    I'm not your mom, you can do what you want and you can post here like that if you want, but given that we've had good times in the past I felt it fair to let you know my own thoughts. Before I start ignoring you :P

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    NeurotikaMMMigTim is on the Internet
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I was going to ask what copium is, but have decided I'd probably be better off not knowing.
    Copium and Hopium were my favorite new words I learned during the Presidential election.

    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    MNC Dover
  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    I guess like.... as someone who enjoys talking about this game and playing this game, your posts are starting to go from "always negative" (which is annoying in excess already), more to "increasingly condescending"? More and more as though you are trying to put down any positive feelings anyone else has here.

    Fair enough. To be honest, I do it mostly because I know my hyperbolic bullshit drives activity in the thread. But I can ease up.

  • WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    I guess like.... as someone who enjoys talking about this game and playing this game, your posts are starting to go from "always negative" (which is annoying in excess already), more to "increasingly condescending"? More and more as though you are trying to put down any positive feelings anyone else has here.

    Fair enough. To be honest, I do it mostly because I know my hyperbolic bullshit drives activity in the thread. But I can ease up.

    So you're saying you've been feeding me bad advice about soaking for years? I should just teamfight constantly??

    MNC Dovermilk duckskimeSeGaTaityrantula22MMMigAegerifortyMoridin889
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Whelk wrote: »
    milk ducks wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    I guess like.... as someone who enjoys talking about this game and playing this game, your posts are starting to go from "always negative" (which is annoying in excess already), more to "increasingly condescending"? More and more as though you are trying to put down any positive feelings anyone else has here.

    Fair enough. To be honest, I do it mostly because I know my hyperbolic bullshit drives activity in the thread. But I can ease up.

    So you're saying you've been feeding me bad advice about soaking for years? I should just teamfight constantly??

    Fuck! No wonder I haven't been able to get out of Bronze. Thanks Ducks! :P

    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    kimeMMMigWhelkforty
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    I still don't know what copium means.

    Lots of twitch words I don't know.
    I think I know what pog and poggers are now at least.

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Turning the hots thread into a class for twitch slang is the true sign only boomers play this game game

    PSN SeGaTai
    kimeA Dabble Of TheloniusWhelkMMMigMNC DoverSaerisShadowfirefortySmrtnikMoridin889
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    I genuinely appreciate this thread's antipathy for each new iteration and worsening of Blizzard's bullshit that comes to light.

    It's a welcome... difference.

    It's just ducks' antipathy. We all dislike Blizzard though, but ducks is one of the few who still posts in the thread and also thinks the game is entirely dead :P

    But seriously don't give Blizzard money

    You might be surprised and dismayed at how many people rationalize all this as pretty much the same as cop stuff:

    "Well, I supported Blizzard before, and now they're getting rid of the shitty people, so there's even MORE reason to like them now, and if you're not applauding all the ways they're trying to fix things, and all the Good Employees that are also upset at the bad apples, you're part of the problem."

    Each new incident or person that comes to light is just another example of how they're totally taking it seriously and things are improving!

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I doubt I'd be surprised to be honest :(

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    milk duckstyrantula22
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Turning the hots thread into a class for twitch slang is the true sign only boomers play this game game

    KEKw

    (I don't know what that means but it feels right)

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
    kimeSeGaTai
  • WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Turning the hots thread into a class for twitch slang is the true sign only boomers play this game game

    KEKw

    (I don't know what that means but it feels right)

    monkas

    kimeMMMigforty
  • WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    (If I got that wrong, will a younger man tell me why, plz.)

    forty
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    HotS isn't so much dead as it is stabbed and bleeding out, but still sort of crawling toward a hospital.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    tyrantula22
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Whelk wrote: »
    MMMig wrote: »
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Turning the hots thread into a class for twitch slang is the true sign only boomers play this game game

    KEKw

    (I don't know what that means but it feels right)

    monkas

    P.. poggers..

    Hi5!

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    WhelkMMMig
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Real talk anytime ducks doesn't post in this thread it gets bumped all the way down to like page 2/3/4+

    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Real talk anytime ducks doesn't post in this thread it gets bumped all the way down to like page 2/3/4+

    Not true. I post in this thread more than anyone else. I AM THE BUMP MASTER!

    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    kimetyrantula22WhelkMMMig
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Dover's screen shots are a true contribution to social science proofs as to why we can't have nice things.

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
    MNC Dover
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    So hogger was announced Nov 23rd with a Dec 1st release date.


    A man boy can dream...

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
    kime
  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    Taliesin mentioned in the latest T&E episode that Blizzard employees were given Thanksgiving week off of work, so I doubt we'll see any announcements in that time frame.

  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    "We've given our folk some time off for the holidays. Apparently it overlaps with some walkathon or whatever? We're glad we could help!!"

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Taliesin mentioned in the latest T&E episode that Blizzard employees were given Thanksgiving week off of work, so I doubt we'll see any announcements in that time frame.

    It was announced right before the Kotick article was dropped, too

    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    Shadowfire
Sign In or Register to comment.